Skip to content

Aj mccarron

The Browns Board
181 24 5.1k
  • Gipper---Of course you didn't rank any Browns QB ahead of Dalton. Stupidity has it's limits even on this board. As for you preferring Bosa over Wentz, well....you didn't get either one. Well played, I guess. As for Dak Prescott, your team didn't just pass on him again and again. You actually drafted Cody Kessler instead of Prescott. So again, well played. Sashi certainly has an eye for QB talent, doesn't he? I can't wait to see which QB he overdrafts at #12.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---Of course you didn't rank any Browns QB ahead of Dalton. Stupidity has it's limits even on this board.

    No, not really. YOU are the example of that.

    As for you preferring Bosa over Wentz, well....you didn't get either one. Well played, I guess.

    FYI, I am not a member of the Browns FO, nor do I control it. Even if I did, I would have passed on Wentz.

    As for Dak Prescott, your team didn't just pass on him again and again. You actually drafted Cody Kessler instead of Prescott.

    And, for all we know, if Prescott had been drafted by the Browns and Kessler by the Cowboys, given the strengths of the team behind them, Prescott may have been 0-8, and Kessler may have had a very good record.

    So again, well played. Sashi certainly has an eye for QB talent, doesn't he? I can't wait to see which QB he overdrafts at #12.

    Well, I suggest the next time you post on here that it be after that choice has been made. You seem to have nothing else to contribute otherwise.

  • Gipper---I can't argue with your rant about the Browns sucking regardless of who they draft. Again, well played.

  • Gipper---I can't argue with your rant about the Browns sucking regardless of who they draft. Again, well played.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---I can't argue with your rant about the Browns sucking regardless of who they draft. Again, well played.

    And you can't argue with your acknowledgement that AJ McCarron should not be traded because he may in fact be better than your starter...which is not saying much. If McCarron were to be the 25th best starter in the league that may likely be an improvement for you.

    As for the Browns, last year, no, who they drafted may not have mattered. But it will this coming year...as, face it, the Bengals are a franchise on the way down....and the Browns will be going he opposite direction.

    Even as early as this coming season the Browns may surpass the Bengals in the division race.

  • Gipper---You seem hung up on the fact the Bengals have a backup QB who may be as good as their starter. Considering how Dalton has played in 2 Pro Bowls I don't see the downside. In fact, it's probably only a matter of time before this board starts a thread about the Browns trading for the Bengals 3rd string QB, Jeff Driskel, since he was rated about the same as Cody Kessler before the Browns drafted Kessler 3 rounds too soon. As for the rest, the last time I checked the Browns were still a 1-15 team, and that was before you lost your only productive WR.

  • Being I'm on my phone, can't post the stats. But I've seen them. Statistically, Kessler is better than mccarron in damn near every metric. As per usual, uma hasn't a clue. I don't think ratings as a prospect overshadow actual stats. Considering most think the Bengals roster is better, mccarron had more to work with and accomplished less. I'll take Cody any day all day.

    There is also no argument on dak...As the cowgirls passed on him 3 times as well...Because, like everyone else, were conserned about the dude drinking and driving. After Billy burned the building down, browns were not going for the PR nightmare.

    So no uma...Your revisionist history isn't a valid argument.

  • Being I'm on my phone, can't post the stats. But I've seen them. Statistically, Kessler is better than mccarron in damn near every metric. As per usual, uma hasn't a clue. I don't think ratings as a prospect overshadow actual stats. Considering most think the Bengals roster is better, mccarron had more to work with and accomplished less. I'll take Cody any day all day.

    There is also no argument on dak...As the cowgirls passed on him 3 times as well...Because, like everyone else, were conserned about the dude drinking and driving. After Billy burned the building down, browns were not going for the PR nightmare.

    So no uma...Your revisionist history isn't a valid argument.

    @choco said:

    Being I'm on my phone, can't post the stats. But I've seen them. Statistically, Kessler is better than mccarron in damn near every metric. As per usual, uma hasn't a clue. I don't think ratings as a prospect overshadow actual stats. Considering most think the Bengals roster is better, mccarron had more to work with and accomplished less. I'll take Cody any day all day.

    There is also no argument on dak...As the cowgirls passed on him 3 times as well...Because, like everyone else, were conserned about the dude drinking and driving.

    Not everybody... 🙁

    Saw a stat on Kess yesterday where his accuracy and YPA drop off when under pressure was one of the smallest of all NFL starters... something like second smallest.

    • The good of the stats was that his under-pressure rankings were near the top of the league.
    • The bad of the stats was that his non-pressure rankings were near the bottom of the league.

    So if you are inclined to see a glass as half-full, then you can say he's got the harder part nearly down pat.

    If conversely inclined... then we just wasted money on our OL.

  • choco---Only a Brown fan could look back at the decision to pass, puff, puff, pass, puff, puff, pass on Prescott and not conclude your team hadn't made a mistake. And there's the rub because there isn't a single one of you willing to admit the truth OR hold the Browns accountable. Rather, when it comes to the subject of QB's the whole bunch of you might as well close your eyes and type..."Thank you sir, may I have another."

    Tour---Yup, I've seen those stats as well. And of course we've all seen the quotes from Hue where he derisively mocks Kessler's inability to get the ball downfield. So the only thing Kessler lacks when compared to McCarron is a little backbone, and a head coach who believes in him. Because lets face it, Hue wouldn't be engaging in a many months long dog and pony show if he actually believed in the young QB he already has. In fact, if Hue believed in Kessler as a starter he wouldn't be whoring himself at the owners meetings at all. But he is. However, the news isn't all bad because your team had a real need for a backup QB when they reached for Kessler...so it isn't a wasted pick. It's just the wrong pick, and you've got to be used to that by now.

  • choco---Only a Brown fan could look back at the decision to pass, puff, puff, pass, puff, puff, pass on Prescott and not conclude your team hadn't made a mistake. And there's the rub because there isn't a single one of you willing to admit the truth OR hold the Browns accountable. Rather, when it comes to the subject of QB's the whole bunch of you might as well close your eyes and type..."Thank you sir, may I have another."

    Tour---Yup, I've seen those stats as well. And of course we've all seen the quotes from Hue where he derisively mocks Kessler's inability to get the ball downfield. So the only thing Kessler lacks when compared to McCarron is a little backbone, and a head coach who believes in him. Because lets face it, Hue wouldn't be engaging in a many months long dog and pony show if he actually believed in the young QB he already has. In fact, if Hue believed in Kessler as a starter he wouldn't be whoring himself at the owners meetings at all. But he is. However, the news isn't all bad because your team had a real need for a backup QB when they reached for Kessler...so it isn't a wasted pick. It's just the wrong pick, and you've got to be used to that by now.

    @umadogg1 said:

    choco---Only a Brown fan could look back at the decision to pass, puff, puff, pass, puff, puff, pass on Prescott and not conclude your team hadn't made a mistake. And there's the rub because there isn't a single one of you willing to admit the truth OR hold the Browns accountable. Rather, when it comes to the subject of QB's the whole bunch of you might as well close your eyes and type..."Thank you sir, may I have another."

    Tour---Yup, I've seen those stats as well. And of course we've all seen the quotes from Hue where he derisively mocks Kessler's inability to get the ball downfield. So the only thing Kessler lacks when compared to McCarron is a little backbone, and a head coach who believes in him. Because lets face it, Hue wouldn't be engaging in a many months long dog and pony show if he actually believed in the young QB he already has. In fact, if Hue believed in Kessler as a starter he wouldn't be whoring himself at the owners meetings at all. But he is. However, the news isn't all bad because your team had a real need for a backup QB when they reached for Kessler...so it isn't a wasted pick. It's just the wrong pick, and you've got to be used to that by now.

    Actually just to fill you in, Tour and I both had selected Prescott as the guy we should go for way before he fell to the Cowboys. Months before in fact.

  • choco---Only a Brown fan could look back at the decision to pass, puff, puff, pass, puff, puff, pass on Prescott and not conclude your team hadn't made a mistake. And there's the rub because there isn't a single one of you willing to admit the truth OR hold the Browns accountable. Rather, when it comes to the subject of QB's the whole bunch of you might as well close your eyes and type..."Thank you sir, may I have another."

    Tour---Yup, I've seen those stats as well. And of course we've all seen the quotes from Hue where he derisively mocks Kessler's inability to get the ball downfield. So the only thing Kessler lacks when compared to McCarron is a little backbone, and a head coach who believes in him. Because lets face it, Hue wouldn't be engaging in a many months long dog and pony show if he actually believed in the young QB he already has. In fact, if Hue believed in Kessler as a starter he wouldn't be whoring himself at the owners meetings at all. But he is. However, the news isn't all bad because your team had a real need for a backup QB when they reached for Kessler...so it isn't a wasted pick. It's just the wrong pick, and you've got to be used to that by now.

    @umadogg1 said:

    choco---Only a Brown fan could look back at the decision to pass, puff, puff, pass, puff, puff, pass on Prescott and not conclude your team hadn't made a mistake. And there's the rub because there isn't a single one of you willing to admit the truth OR hold the Browns accountable. Rather, when it comes to the subject of QB's the whole bunch of you might as well close your eyes and type..."Thank you sir, may I have another."

    Nope, how many teams passed on Prescott- multiple times? Why? Let me refresh your memory- especially in regards to the Browns. . We had just dumped a guy by the name of Manziel, AKA Party Animal, Johnny Juicer. After all the shit we dealt with there, you really think the Browns were going to go after DUI Prescott? No chance, none we were going to that well for a second time.

    Was it a mistake? Man those Bengals really screwed up not drafting Brady when they had the chance too.

  • Tex---Fair enough, but it seems to me all you're doing is admitting an average fan is likely to make a better choice than the Browns braintrust. Who am I to argue? As for Prescott falling to the Cowboys, that team's Cinderella story isn't possible if Sashi and company make the right choice in last years draft and free agency. Instead, the Browns passed on Wentz, picked Kessler over Prescott, and then put a bow on things by signing RG3 in FA. And all of that is bad enough, but making things worse is the very same decision makers are about to roll the dice again, and this time the deciding factor seems to be which option is cheapest.

  • Hoorta---Are you seriously going to use the Manzeil disaster as justification for passing on Prescott? Really? IMO Manziel seems like a unique example who came with more red flags than a Chinese military parade. Prescott seems like a kid who made a pretty mundane garden variety mistake. Furthermore, most NFL teams passed on Prescott because they already have a quality QB. And some teams like the Patriots and Bengals have two.

  • Umadogg1--The Bungles don't have a quality QB and they passed on Dak just like the Browns.

  • Hoorta---Are you seriously going to use the Manzeil disaster as justification for passing on Prescott? Really? IMO Manziel seems like a unique example who came with more red flags than a Chinese military parade. Prescott seems like a kid who made a pretty mundane garden variety mistake. Furthermore, most NFL teams passed on Prescott because they already have a quality QB. And some teams like the Patriots and Bengals have two.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Hoorta---Are you seriously going to use the Manzeil disaster as justification for passing on Prescott? Really? IMO Manziel seems like a unique example who came with more red flags than a Chinese military parade. Prescott seems like a kid who made a pretty mundane garden variety mistake. Furthermore, most NFL teams passed on Prescott because they already have a quality QB. And some teams like the Patriots and Bengals have two.

    It's decently apparent you're trying to troll. Dial it back a little bit to get people to bite.

    Source: am troll

  • Tex---Fair enough, but it seems to me all you're doing is admitting an average fan is likely to make a better choice than the Browns braintrust. Who am I to argue? As for Prescott falling to the Cowboys, that team's Cinderella story isn't possible if Sashi and company make the right choice in last years draft and free agency. Instead, the Browns passed on Wentz, picked Kessler over Prescott, and then put a bow on things by signing RG3 in FA. And all of that is bad enough, but making things worse is the very same decision makers are about to roll the dice again, and this time the deciding factor seems to be which option is cheapest.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Tex---Fair enough, but it seems to me all you're doing is admitting an average fan is likely to make a better choice than the Browns braintrust. Who am I to argue? As for Prescott falling to the Cowboys, that team's Cinderella story isn't possible if Sashi and company make the right choice in last years draft and free agency. Instead, the Browns passed on Wentz, picked Kessler over Prescott, and then put a bow on things by signing RG3 in FA. And all of that is bad enough, but making things worse is the very same decision makers are about to roll the dice again, and this time the deciding factor seems to be which option is cheapest.

    No disagreement here. I (and many others here) was totally underwhelmed by our 2016 draft and until proven otherwise I remain skeptical about 2017. We should take a vote here, in between Browns picks, on who we should take next each pick. I would bet our consensus would be better than the pick 2/3s of the time or better. Kessler in the 3rd? 4 wrs? Are you kidding me? They do that shit again I'm sending the an ouija board and a deck of Tarot cards from N.O. Or maybe just one way tickets to N.O.

  • There goes that pinky again... dammit...

  • Tex---Isn't it funny how you can't find anything to disagree with the things I'm writing and you claim many others here were also underwhelmed. But because I'm an outsider I must be trolling, right?

    TCPO---You can't blame me for bringing up Zac Prescott and Carson Wentz. Gipper opened that door with his stupid list and the end result is excuse making fans like choco and Hoorta are now claiming the Browns did the right thing by passing on those players. Crazier still, were I to believe all of you the justification for passing on better players is based upon nobody in your teams front office being smart enough to tell the difference between Johnny Manziel and a normal person.

    Tour---I seems the only time you have anything to say is when you're bragging about how you were smarter than Sashi and Hue. Well, congrats I guess, but all it means you and Tex have a place inside of a very large tent that most Brownie fans wouldn't be allowed inside. You are the exception that proves the rule, and that's useful in this example because you openly admit you want McCarron.

  • Tex---Isn't it funny how you can't find anything to disagree with the things I'm writing and you claim many others here were also underwhelmed. But because I'm an outsider I must be trolling, right?

    TCPO---You can't blame me for bringing up Zac Prescott and Carson Wentz. Gipper opened that door with his stupid list and the end result is excuse making fans like choco and Hoorta are now claiming the Browns did the right thing by passing on those players. Crazier still, were I to believe all of you the justification for passing on better players is based upon nobody in your teams front office being smart enough to tell the difference between Johnny Manziel and a normal person.

    Tour---I seems the only time you have anything to say is when you're bragging about how you were smarter than Sashi and Hue. Well, congrats I guess, but all it means you and Tex have a place inside of a very large tent that most Brownie fans wouldn't be allowed inside. You are the exception that proves the rule, and that's useful in this example because you openly admit you want McCarron.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Tex---Isn't it funny how you can't find anything to disagree with the things I'm writing and you claim many others here were also underwhelmed. But because I'm an outsider I must be trolling, right?

    Well you did a good job of keeping Gipper on the trolling line. So those two things can be mutually exclusive. I'm no longer an outsider, but I can troll from time to time just for grins.

    And I didn't say there were not things I disagreed with you on, merely that I agreed this FO has failed to impress thus far. Westside Steve has argued that very well here in recent months too. But don't get him going. 😆

  • Tex---Isn't it funny how you can't find anything to disagree with the things I'm writing and you claim many others here were also underwhelmed. But because I'm an outsider I must be trolling, right?

    TCPO---You can't blame me for bringing up Zac Prescott and Carson Wentz. Gipper opened that door with his stupid list and the end result is excuse making fans like choco and Hoorta are now claiming the Browns did the right thing by passing on those players. Crazier still, were I to believe all of you the justification for passing on better players is based upon nobody in your teams front office being smart enough to tell the difference between Johnny Manziel and a normal person.

    Tour---I seems the only time you have anything to say is when you're bragging about how you were smarter than Sashi and Hue. Well, congrats I guess, but all it means you and Tex have a place inside of a very large tent that most Brownie fans wouldn't be allowed inside. You are the exception that proves the rule, and that's useful in this example because you openly admit you want McCarron.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Tour---I seems the only time you have anything to say is when you're bragging about how you were smarter than Sashi and Hue. Well, congrats I guess, but all it means you and Tex have a place inside of a very large tent that most Brownie fans wouldn't be allowed inside. You are the exception that proves the rule, and that's useful in this example because you openly admit you want McCarron.

    Not smarter than Sashi or Hue... just you. For example: why would two people need "a very large tent?"

    I am pretty sure I've stuck a few other themes in over 18,000 posts here. In fact I am sure I have or I'd have been banned about 18,000 posts ago. So relax you have a couple hundred more. Spend them wisely... if you can.

    But I digress... another approach I've employed at least 10,000 posts...

    As we say in Texas ,"It ain't bragging, if you can back it up." I have a dark-horse QB track record beginning with Nick Foles through AJ, among others, to Dak. Only year since Nick that I did not pick one is because I did not see one and it turned out there was not one. All are documentable claims, if you want to search them.

    Not sure why I have this sleeper streak going as it sure as hell is not supported by my top QB picks when I make them, e.g., Goff... so far. And especially in light of the fact that if I have anything approaching "expertise" in player evaluation, then it's with the OL group... a position I actually played, albeit not all that well and long ago, but I still "understand" and understand very well.

    In case you think that's simply more "bragging"... there's a couple years of draft grades and Browns OL grades here you can seek out, if you care too.

    Bottom line:

    I have a track record. You have none... either here or anywhere google can find... although some folks screen names vary.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=Umadogg&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=Umadogg1&*

    All you bring is unsupported speculation and attitude... aspersions and self-aggrandizement.

    So far you've been enough fun to toy with that you've not been relegated to the phantom zone known as "the ignore list"... yet. A banishment with which you must have been subjected to endlessly in your team's forums, or you would not be here.

  • Tex---I take no pride in punking the likes of Gipper. But I do find him to be a useful tool due to his willingness to spin everything regardless of the harm it does to his credibility. And in that way he's no different than choco, D Bone, or even Hoorta. Brownie fans who won't admit a mistake was made even when blessed with the gift of hindsight. As for your own ability to morph from outsider to insider, I admit I'm a bit curious how that happened. Didn't you come here initially as a fan of Johnny Football who wanted to follow his exploits in the pros? And if so, doesn't that bring your own credibility into question? How were you able to become a respected member of this board after first introducing yourself as a huge Manziel fan? Is it simply another example of misery loving company?

  • Tour---Texans have another saying that seems to describe you very well. All hat and no cattle. Or if you prefer, all pinky and no thumb. And there's the rub because you can't claim you've backed up anything when the best you can do is make pinky jokes while others are discussing football. In fact, beyond you support of McCarron as a potential starter I'm having a difficult time remembering anything of substance you've said.