Skip to content

Aj mccarron

The Browns Board
181 24 5.1k
  • choco---Only a Brown fan could look back at the decision to pass, puff, puff, pass, puff, puff, pass on Prescott and not conclude your team hadn't made a mistake. And there's the rub because there isn't a single one of you willing to admit the truth OR hold the Browns accountable. Rather, when it comes to the subject of QB's the whole bunch of you might as well close your eyes and type..."Thank you sir, may I have another."

    Tour---Yup, I've seen those stats as well. And of course we've all seen the quotes from Hue where he derisively mocks Kessler's inability to get the ball downfield. So the only thing Kessler lacks when compared to McCarron is a little backbone, and a head coach who believes in him. Because lets face it, Hue wouldn't be engaging in a many months long dog and pony show if he actually believed in the young QB he already has. In fact, if Hue believed in Kessler as a starter he wouldn't be whoring himself at the owners meetings at all. But he is. However, the news isn't all bad because your team had a real need for a backup QB when they reached for Kessler...so it isn't a wasted pick. It's just the wrong pick, and you've got to be used to that by now.

    @umadogg1 said:

    choco---Only a Brown fan could look back at the decision to pass, puff, puff, pass, puff, puff, pass on Prescott and not conclude your team hadn't made a mistake. And there's the rub because there isn't a single one of you willing to admit the truth OR hold the Browns accountable. Rather, when it comes to the subject of QB's the whole bunch of you might as well close your eyes and type..."Thank you sir, may I have another."

    Tour---Yup, I've seen those stats as well. And of course we've all seen the quotes from Hue where he derisively mocks Kessler's inability to get the ball downfield. So the only thing Kessler lacks when compared to McCarron is a little backbone, and a head coach who believes in him. Because lets face it, Hue wouldn't be engaging in a many months long dog and pony show if he actually believed in the young QB he already has. In fact, if Hue believed in Kessler as a starter he wouldn't be whoring himself at the owners meetings at all. But he is. However, the news isn't all bad because your team had a real need for a backup QB when they reached for Kessler...so it isn't a wasted pick. It's just the wrong pick, and you've got to be used to that by now.

    Actually just to fill you in, Tour and I both had selected Prescott as the guy we should go for way before he fell to the Cowboys. Months before in fact.

  • choco---Only a Brown fan could look back at the decision to pass, puff, puff, pass, puff, puff, pass on Prescott and not conclude your team hadn't made a mistake. And there's the rub because there isn't a single one of you willing to admit the truth OR hold the Browns accountable. Rather, when it comes to the subject of QB's the whole bunch of you might as well close your eyes and type..."Thank you sir, may I have another."

    Tour---Yup, I've seen those stats as well. And of course we've all seen the quotes from Hue where he derisively mocks Kessler's inability to get the ball downfield. So the only thing Kessler lacks when compared to McCarron is a little backbone, and a head coach who believes in him. Because lets face it, Hue wouldn't be engaging in a many months long dog and pony show if he actually believed in the young QB he already has. In fact, if Hue believed in Kessler as a starter he wouldn't be whoring himself at the owners meetings at all. But he is. However, the news isn't all bad because your team had a real need for a backup QB when they reached for Kessler...so it isn't a wasted pick. It's just the wrong pick, and you've got to be used to that by now.

    @umadogg1 said:

    choco---Only a Brown fan could look back at the decision to pass, puff, puff, pass, puff, puff, pass on Prescott and not conclude your team hadn't made a mistake. And there's the rub because there isn't a single one of you willing to admit the truth OR hold the Browns accountable. Rather, when it comes to the subject of QB's the whole bunch of you might as well close your eyes and type..."Thank you sir, may I have another."

    Nope, how many teams passed on Prescott- multiple times? Why? Let me refresh your memory- especially in regards to the Browns. . We had just dumped a guy by the name of Manziel, AKA Party Animal, Johnny Juicer. After all the shit we dealt with there, you really think the Browns were going to go after DUI Prescott? No chance, none we were going to that well for a second time.

    Was it a mistake? Man those Bengals really screwed up not drafting Brady when they had the chance too.

  • Tex---Fair enough, but it seems to me all you're doing is admitting an average fan is likely to make a better choice than the Browns braintrust. Who am I to argue? As for Prescott falling to the Cowboys, that team's Cinderella story isn't possible if Sashi and company make the right choice in last years draft and free agency. Instead, the Browns passed on Wentz, picked Kessler over Prescott, and then put a bow on things by signing RG3 in FA. And all of that is bad enough, but making things worse is the very same decision makers are about to roll the dice again, and this time the deciding factor seems to be which option is cheapest.

  • Hoorta---Are you seriously going to use the Manzeil disaster as justification for passing on Prescott? Really? IMO Manziel seems like a unique example who came with more red flags than a Chinese military parade. Prescott seems like a kid who made a pretty mundane garden variety mistake. Furthermore, most NFL teams passed on Prescott because they already have a quality QB. And some teams like the Patriots and Bengals have two.

  • Umadogg1--The Bungles don't have a quality QB and they passed on Dak just like the Browns.

  • Hoorta---Are you seriously going to use the Manzeil disaster as justification for passing on Prescott? Really? IMO Manziel seems like a unique example who came with more red flags than a Chinese military parade. Prescott seems like a kid who made a pretty mundane garden variety mistake. Furthermore, most NFL teams passed on Prescott because they already have a quality QB. And some teams like the Patriots and Bengals have two.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Hoorta---Are you seriously going to use the Manzeil disaster as justification for passing on Prescott? Really? IMO Manziel seems like a unique example who came with more red flags than a Chinese military parade. Prescott seems like a kid who made a pretty mundane garden variety mistake. Furthermore, most NFL teams passed on Prescott because they already have a quality QB. And some teams like the Patriots and Bengals have two.

    It's decently apparent you're trying to troll. Dial it back a little bit to get people to bite.

    Source: am troll

  • Tex---Fair enough, but it seems to me all you're doing is admitting an average fan is likely to make a better choice than the Browns braintrust. Who am I to argue? As for Prescott falling to the Cowboys, that team's Cinderella story isn't possible if Sashi and company make the right choice in last years draft and free agency. Instead, the Browns passed on Wentz, picked Kessler over Prescott, and then put a bow on things by signing RG3 in FA. And all of that is bad enough, but making things worse is the very same decision makers are about to roll the dice again, and this time the deciding factor seems to be which option is cheapest.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Tex---Fair enough, but it seems to me all you're doing is admitting an average fan is likely to make a better choice than the Browns braintrust. Who am I to argue? As for Prescott falling to the Cowboys, that team's Cinderella story isn't possible if Sashi and company make the right choice in last years draft and free agency. Instead, the Browns passed on Wentz, picked Kessler over Prescott, and then put a bow on things by signing RG3 in FA. And all of that is bad enough, but making things worse is the very same decision makers are about to roll the dice again, and this time the deciding factor seems to be which option is cheapest.

    No disagreement here. I (and many others here) was totally underwhelmed by our 2016 draft and until proven otherwise I remain skeptical about 2017. We should take a vote here, in between Browns picks, on who we should take next each pick. I would bet our consensus would be better than the pick 2/3s of the time or better. Kessler in the 3rd? 4 wrs? Are you kidding me? They do that shit again I'm sending the an ouija board and a deck of Tarot cards from N.O. Or maybe just one way tickets to N.O.

  • There goes that pinky again... dammit...

  • Tex---Isn't it funny how you can't find anything to disagree with the things I'm writing and you claim many others here were also underwhelmed. But because I'm an outsider I must be trolling, right?

    TCPO---You can't blame me for bringing up Zac Prescott and Carson Wentz. Gipper opened that door with his stupid list and the end result is excuse making fans like choco and Hoorta are now claiming the Browns did the right thing by passing on those players. Crazier still, were I to believe all of you the justification for passing on better players is based upon nobody in your teams front office being smart enough to tell the difference between Johnny Manziel and a normal person.

    Tour---I seems the only time you have anything to say is when you're bragging about how you were smarter than Sashi and Hue. Well, congrats I guess, but all it means you and Tex have a place inside of a very large tent that most Brownie fans wouldn't be allowed inside. You are the exception that proves the rule, and that's useful in this example because you openly admit you want McCarron.

  • Tex---Isn't it funny how you can't find anything to disagree with the things I'm writing and you claim many others here were also underwhelmed. But because I'm an outsider I must be trolling, right?

    TCPO---You can't blame me for bringing up Zac Prescott and Carson Wentz. Gipper opened that door with his stupid list and the end result is excuse making fans like choco and Hoorta are now claiming the Browns did the right thing by passing on those players. Crazier still, were I to believe all of you the justification for passing on better players is based upon nobody in your teams front office being smart enough to tell the difference between Johnny Manziel and a normal person.

    Tour---I seems the only time you have anything to say is when you're bragging about how you were smarter than Sashi and Hue. Well, congrats I guess, but all it means you and Tex have a place inside of a very large tent that most Brownie fans wouldn't be allowed inside. You are the exception that proves the rule, and that's useful in this example because you openly admit you want McCarron.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Tex---Isn't it funny how you can't find anything to disagree with the things I'm writing and you claim many others here were also underwhelmed. But because I'm an outsider I must be trolling, right?

    Well you did a good job of keeping Gipper on the trolling line. So those two things can be mutually exclusive. I'm no longer an outsider, but I can troll from time to time just for grins.

    And I didn't say there were not things I disagreed with you on, merely that I agreed this FO has failed to impress thus far. Westside Steve has argued that very well here in recent months too. But don't get him going. 😆

  • Tex---Isn't it funny how you can't find anything to disagree with the things I'm writing and you claim many others here were also underwhelmed. But because I'm an outsider I must be trolling, right?

    TCPO---You can't blame me for bringing up Zac Prescott and Carson Wentz. Gipper opened that door with his stupid list and the end result is excuse making fans like choco and Hoorta are now claiming the Browns did the right thing by passing on those players. Crazier still, were I to believe all of you the justification for passing on better players is based upon nobody in your teams front office being smart enough to tell the difference between Johnny Manziel and a normal person.

    Tour---I seems the only time you have anything to say is when you're bragging about how you were smarter than Sashi and Hue. Well, congrats I guess, but all it means you and Tex have a place inside of a very large tent that most Brownie fans wouldn't be allowed inside. You are the exception that proves the rule, and that's useful in this example because you openly admit you want McCarron.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Tour---I seems the only time you have anything to say is when you're bragging about how you were smarter than Sashi and Hue. Well, congrats I guess, but all it means you and Tex have a place inside of a very large tent that most Brownie fans wouldn't be allowed inside. You are the exception that proves the rule, and that's useful in this example because you openly admit you want McCarron.

    Not smarter than Sashi or Hue... just you. For example: why would two people need "a very large tent?"

    I am pretty sure I've stuck a few other themes in over 18,000 posts here. In fact I am sure I have or I'd have been banned about 18,000 posts ago. So relax you have a couple hundred more. Spend them wisely... if you can.

    But I digress... another approach I've employed at least 10,000 posts...

    As we say in Texas ,"It ain't bragging, if you can back it up." I have a dark-horse QB track record beginning with Nick Foles through AJ, among others, to Dak. Only year since Nick that I did not pick one is because I did not see one and it turned out there was not one. All are documentable claims, if you want to search them.

    Not sure why I have this sleeper streak going as it sure as hell is not supported by my top QB picks when I make them, e.g., Goff... so far. And especially in light of the fact that if I have anything approaching "expertise" in player evaluation, then it's with the OL group... a position I actually played, albeit not all that well and long ago, but I still "understand" and understand very well.

    In case you think that's simply more "bragging"... there's a couple years of draft grades and Browns OL grades here you can seek out, if you care too.

    Bottom line:

    I have a track record. You have none... either here or anywhere google can find... although some folks screen names vary.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=Umadogg&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=Umadogg1&*

    All you bring is unsupported speculation and attitude... aspersions and self-aggrandizement.

    So far you've been enough fun to toy with that you've not been relegated to the phantom zone known as "the ignore list"... yet. A banishment with which you must have been subjected to endlessly in your team's forums, or you would not be here.

  • Tex---I take no pride in punking the likes of Gipper. But I do find him to be a useful tool due to his willingness to spin everything regardless of the harm it does to his credibility. And in that way he's no different than choco, D Bone, or even Hoorta. Brownie fans who won't admit a mistake was made even when blessed with the gift of hindsight. As for your own ability to morph from outsider to insider, I admit I'm a bit curious how that happened. Didn't you come here initially as a fan of Johnny Football who wanted to follow his exploits in the pros? And if so, doesn't that bring your own credibility into question? How were you able to become a respected member of this board after first introducing yourself as a huge Manziel fan? Is it simply another example of misery loving company?

  • Tour---Texans have another saying that seems to describe you very well. All hat and no cattle. Or if you prefer, all pinky and no thumb. And there's the rub because you can't claim you've backed up anything when the best you can do is make pinky jokes while others are discussing football. In fact, beyond you support of McCarron as a potential starter I'm having a difficult time remembering anything of substance you've said.

  • @umadogg1 said:

    Tour---I seems the only time you have anything to say is when you're bragging about how you were smarter than Sashi and Hue. Well, congrats I guess, but all it means you and Tex have a place inside of a very large tent that most Brownie fans wouldn't be allowed inside. You are the exception that proves the rule, and that's useful in this example because you openly admit you want McCarron.

    Not smarter than Sashi or Hue... just you. For example: why would two people need "a very large tent?"

    I am pretty sure I've stuck a few other themes in over 18,000 posts here. In fact I am sure I have or I'd have been banned about 18,000 posts ago. So relax you have a couple hundred more. Spend them wisely... if you can.

    But I digress... another approach I've employed at least 10,000 posts...

    As we say in Texas ,"It ain't bragging, if you can back it up." I have a dark-horse QB track record beginning with Nick Foles through AJ, among others, to Dak. Only year since Nick that I did not pick one is because I did not see one and it turned out there was not one. All are documentable claims, if you want to search them.

    Not sure why I have this sleeper streak going as it sure as hell is not supported by my top QB picks when I make them, e.g., Goff... so far. And especially in light of the fact that if I have anything approaching "expertise" in player evaluation, then it's with the OL group... a position I actually played, albeit not all that well and long ago, but I still "understand" and understand very well.

    In case you think that's simply more "bragging"... there's a couple years of draft grades and Browns OL grades here you can seek out, if you care too.

    Bottom line:

    I have a track record. You have none... either here or anywhere google can find... although some folks screen names vary.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=Umadogg&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=Umadogg1&*

    All you bring is unsupported speculation and attitude... aspersions and self-aggrandizement.

    So far you've been enough fun to toy with that you've not been relegated to the phantom zone known as "the ignore list"... yet. A banishment with which you must have been subjected to endlessly in your team's forums, or you would not be here.

    @tour2ma said:

    All you bring is unsupported speculation and attitude... aspersions and self-aggrandizement.

    😮 certainly no Bengal Tigger owning his stripes..Damn sure no Udog. He won't get off our lawn..Seems more Pussy Cat that keeps burying his same old shit in our yard..I'll call into Caddyshack..we need varmint control. Carl Spackler rises to a new level..

  • gumby---Of course I'll get off your lawn. For nearly a decade I've let this board wallow peacefully in it's own irrelevance, and I'm only here now for the McCarron debate. And because the Browns are likely to prefer whatever option is cheapest...(overdraft a rookie)....the odds of me leaving peacefully in less than a month are very good.

    Tour---The thought of you using Google in a failed attempt to determine who I am is delicious, flattering, and only a little bit creepy.

    Tex---I'm sure Westside Steve isn't the only Brownie fan willing to admit the truth about Sashi and company. Sadly, no rational Brownie fan has bothered to respond in this thread, thereby denying me the opportunity to agree.

  • Hoorta---Are you seriously going to use the Manzeil disaster as justification for passing on Prescott? Really? IMO Manziel seems like a unique example who came with more red flags than a Chinese military parade. Prescott seems like a kid who made a pretty mundane garden variety mistake. Furthermore, most NFL teams passed on Prescott because they already have a quality QB. And some teams like the Patriots and Bengals have two.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Hoorta---Are you seriously going to use the Manzeil disaster as justification for passing on Prescott? Really? IMO Manziel seems like a unique example who came with more red flags than a Chinese military parade. Prescott seems like a kid who made a pretty mundane garden variety mistake. Furthermore, most NFL teams passed on Prescott because they already have a quality QB. And some teams like the Patriots and Bengals have two.

    Absolutely, 100% I'll use the reason the Browns didn't draft Prescott was the aftermath of the Manziel disaster. Was it a mistake? Hindsight is always 20\20. No guarantees either that Dak would have performed as he did in Dallas with the Browns swiss cheese line, no Elliott to hand the ball off to- and a WR group that plainly stunk, outside of a small flash by Pryor. The Browns FO had far too much residual stink on their hands from Johnny to roll the dice again on a guy who had just gotten a DUI. Maybe you don't realize that would have been an unbelievable PR disaster to Browns fans- including me. & FYI, I hated the Manziel pick. Just like the Quinn and Weeden picks. And a few others. There are some of us here who's track record calling shots in the first round has been way better than the guys doing the drafting- and that's a sad commentary about just how bad the guys actually turning in the picks have been.

  • gumby---Of course I'll get off your lawn. For nearly a decade I've let this board wallow peacefully in it's own irrelevance, and I'm only here now for the McCarron debate. And because the Browns are likely to prefer whatever option is cheapest...(overdraft a rookie)....the odds of me leaving peacefully in less than a month are very good.

    Tour---The thought of you using Google in a failed attempt to determine who I am is delicious, flattering, and only a little bit creepy.

    Tex---I'm sure Westside Steve isn't the only Brownie fan willing to admit the truth about Sashi and company. Sadly, no rational Brownie fan has bothered to respond in this thread, thereby denying me the opportunity to agree.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Tour---The thought of you using Google in a failed attempt to determine who I am is delicious, flattering, and only a little bit creepy.

    Not at all... I was looking for evidence of your making an argument somewhere... anywhere... because all you have done here is take a stance, punch and then pretend you win. You have to "know" football before you can "talk" football.

    Google "Tour2ma" and you'll find me on a half dozen sites... more if you count audio and music. I've no need to change my "handle"... pardnah. Go ahead, do it. I promise it will give me no thrill...

  • Tour---Texans have another saying that seems to describe you very well. All hat and no cattle. Or if you prefer, all pinky and no thumb. And there's the rub because you can't claim you've backed up anything when the best you can do is make pinky jokes while others are discussing football. In fact, beyond you support of McCarron as a potential starter I'm having a difficult time remembering anything of substance you've said.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Tour---Texans have another saying that seems to describe you very well. All hat and no cattle. Or if you prefer, all pinky and no thumb. And there's the rub because you can't claim you've backed up anything when the best you can do is make pinky jokes while others are discussing football. In fact, beyond you support of McCarron as a potential starter I'm having a difficult time remembering anything of substance you've said.

    I trust you're new to this board then?

    And whats with you Texas boys and livestock? There's an unhealthy obsession going on there.

  • Time for BungleBoy1 to run along and worry about his own shitty 6 win team

  • 7 pages on Mccarron?....Really?

    A 5-6th round donkey who hasnt beaten out Andy Dalton is nobodies saviour......not worth the discussion. let alone a draft pick....