Skip to content

Aj mccarron

The Browns Board
181 24 5.1k
  • Mudfly---What point does the Gilbert example prove if not the one about how your team overvalues draft picks? Right now the Brownie fanbase acts as if it's drunk on draft picks, believing that each pick they have will somehow result in a better results than those gotten previously by the same brain trust that made 1-13 possible?

    Gipper---You're delusional if you think the Browns came out ahead in the Gilbert dealings. At best your team recovered a tiny fraction of the investment it made in Gilbert by trading him to a team willing to trade a late 6th round pick for a player your team drafted 3rd overall.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Mudfly---What point does the Gilbert example prove if not the one about how your team overvalues draft picks? Right now the Brownie fanbase acts as if it's drunk on draft picks, believing that each pick they have will somehow result in a better results than those gotten previously by the same brain trust that made 1-13 possible?

    Simple....it proves we will trade within our division when we think the player is shit.....

    In terms of this FO loving to collect picks for the sake of collecting picks////you are preaching to the choir.....Im not a fan of how they conduct business or evaluate talent....

  • Gipper---How many times are you going to ignore the words of Duke Tobin? As the Bengals defacto GM don't you think he has more to say on the matter than a couple of talking heads you overheard on the radio? BTW, how often do your hear GM's or director of player personnel openly discussing their willingness to trade a player under contract? I'm guessing not often, but Tobin is willing to do so because everyone in Cincy seems to love McCarron and believe he deserves a chance to start, something he won't get with the Bengals unless Dalton is injured. As a result Tobin knows McCarron won't agree to play for the Bengals two years from now.

    As for not wanting to be gouged, I get it, but now you're talking about something completely different than a rant that presumes the Bengals won't trade with the Browns because of something that happened nearly 60 years ago. In fact, a desire to not overpay seems pretty reasonable, and a huge improvement over the silly Mike Brown rant you've repeated a dozen times. Best, the desire to not overpay puts the responsibility for your teams 1-15 record squarely where it belongs, and begs the question of whether the Browns are doing enough to find a new starting QB. Speaking strictly as a Bengal fan I'm only too happy to see the Browns trying to fix things on the cheap.

    Mudfly----Nobody loses to the Browns annually and I doubt that fact will change regardless of whether your team trades for Garappolo or McCarron. That said, both might be good enough to double your teams win total, a worthy goal for any team struggling to become relevant again.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---How many times are you going to ignore the words of Duke Tobin?

    Until Mike Brown dies.

    As the Bengals defacto GM don't you think he has more to say on the matter than a couple of talking heads you overheard on the radio?

    But he doesn't have more to say than Mike Brown.

    BTW, how often do your hear GM's or director of player personnel openly discussing their willingness to trade a player under contract? I'm guessing not often, but Tobin is willing to do so because everyone in Cincy seems to love McCarron and believe he deserves a chance to start, something he won't get with the Bengals unless Dalton is injured. As a result Tobin knows McCarron won't agree to play for the Bengals two years from now.

    Then you should trade him. It just won't be to the Browns.

    As for not wanting to be gouged, I get it, but now you're talking about something completely different than a rant that presumes the Bengals won't trade with the Browns because of something that happened nearly 60 years ago.

    Talk to your owner. If you can come up with a statement by Mike Brown ..the owner...not the GM, that says he would be willing to make a trade with anyone, and specifically with the Browns, then I will buy what you are selling. (It would still not mean that they would make a trade)

    In fact, a desire to not overpay seems pretty reasonable, and a huge improvement over the silly Mike Brown rant you've repeated a dozen times.

    Oh, I can imagine the rants that Mike Brown has had about the Browns over the years.

    Again....show us proof that MIKE BROWN has changed his stripes....not his flunky. (pun intended)

    Best, the desire to not overpay puts the responsibility for your teams 1-15 record squarely where it belongs, and begs the question of whether the Browns are doing enough to find a new starting QB. Speaking strictly as a Bengal fan I'm only too happy to see the Browns trying to fix things on the cheap.

    You think Osweiler was cheap? At 16 mill per year or whatever? I will be glad to have you take me out for a "cheap" dinner.

    Mudfly----Nobody loses to the Browns annually and I doubt that fact will change regardless of whether your team trades for Garappolo or McCarron. That said, both might be good enough to double your teams win total, a worthy goal for any team struggling to become relevant again.

    In two years, playoff bound. (and I predict that neither JG or McC will be here for it.

  • Mudfly---What point does the Gilbert example prove if not the one about how your team overvalues draft picks? Right now the Brownie fanbase acts as if it's drunk on draft picks, believing that each pick they have will somehow result in a better results than those gotten previously by the same brain trust that made 1-13 possible?

    Gipper---You're delusional if you think the Browns came out ahead in the Gilbert dealings. At best your team recovered a tiny fraction of the investment it made in Gilbert by trading him to a team willing to trade a late 6th round pick for a player your team drafted 3rd overall.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Mudfly---What point does the Gilbert example prove if not the one about how your team overvalues draft picks? Right now the Brownie fanbase acts as if it's drunk on draft picks, believing that each pick they have will somehow result in a better results than those gotten previously by the same brain trust that made 1-13 possible?

    That IS what draft picks are supposed to be for: to attempt to improve your team. And riddle me this: how can this group of draft selectors really do any worse than the groups that have been here before.

    Gipper---You're delusional if you think the Browns came out ahead in the Gilbert dealings. At best your team recovered a tiny fraction of the investment it made in Gilbert by trading him to a team willing to trade a late 6th round pick for a player your team drafted 3rd overall.

    They came out ahead on the trade....which is what I said. I didn't say they came out ahead on the pick of the player from two years ago I mean, your nuts are so numb as to not be able to read a simple sentence? I mean, put your Captain Obvious uniform on.

  • @umadogg1 said:

    Mudfly---What point does the Gilbert example prove if not the one about how your team overvalues draft picks? Right now the Brownie fanbase acts as if it's drunk on draft picks, believing that each pick they have will somehow result in a better results than those gotten previously by the same brain trust that made 1-13 possible?

    Simple....it proves we will trade within our division when we think the player is shit.....

    In terms of this FO loving to collect picks for the sake of collecting picks////you are preaching to the choir.....Im not a fan of how they conduct business or evaluate talent....

    @mudfly said:

    Simple....it proves we will trade within our division when we think the player is shit.....

    In terms of this FO loving to collect picks for the sake of collecting picks////you are preaching to the choir.....Im not a fan of how they conduct business or evaluate talent....

    The point of collecting picks is to do two possible things: A. To take good players with those picks that will improve your team. Certainly the Browns have performed miserably in that regard....or B. to use those picks as "ammunition" in trades that will allow you to get more picks to get more better players. This is what they did last year in trading the #2 overall pick. While trades of picks have been utilized as ammunition to move up to take players they want....like Trent Richardson and JMZ...it again comes down to what you do with the picks you acquire. Moving a hundred chess pieces around the board won't get you a good pick. Standing pat won't get you a good pick. The Browns have traded, and the Browns have stood pat. In the past, no matter which they did they sucked at making the right pick.

    So, I don't care if they do move or if they stand pat. Just pick good players not matter what. A clear failing of many regimes here.

  • Mudfly---So once again a Brown fan makes an argument demonstrating the narrow circumstances that would allow a trade within the division, but I'm still supposed to believe a trade won't happen because of something the Bengals are unwilling to do? And all because of something that occurred long before nearly everyone involved was born? Please. If anything Duke Tobin is trying to fan the flames while simultaneously telling low ballers to stay away.

  • Gipper---So I'm supposed to come up with "proof" by finding a Mike Brown quote that will counter what you heard on a Cleveland area morning zoo radio show?

  • Gipper---Your prediction the Browns will be a playoff team in two years is just more proof you'll make boasts based upon nothing. Garbage in, garbage out. And you prediction that neither Garappolo or McCarron will be a Brown isn't at all surprising seeing how both teams have expressed their reluctance to deal a backup QB unless offered a kings ransom coupled with your teams unwillingness to pay full price for any veteran QB who isn't named McCown or RG3.

    The very fact that your team doesn't have a starting QB and won't trade anything of real value to get one is the very thing that makes your team so Brownish. Well, that and the fact that so many of you are willing to put up with it.

  • Gipper---So I'm supposed to come up with "proof" by finding a Mike Brown quote that will counter what you heard on a Cleveland area morning zoo radio show?

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---So I'm supposed to come up with "proof" by finding a Mike Brown quote that will counter what you heard on a Cleveland area morning zoo radio show?

    Yes. Prove that Mike Brown will make a trade with the Browns. I know you can't, so don't really worry yourself about it.

  • Gipper---Your prediction the Browns will be a playoff team in two years is just more proof you'll make boasts based upon nothing. Garbage in, garbage out. And you prediction that neither Garappolo or McCarron will be a Brown isn't at all surprising seeing how both teams have expressed their reluctance to deal a backup QB unless offered a kings ransom coupled with your teams unwillingness to pay full price for any veteran QB who isn't named McCown or RG3.

    The very fact that your team doesn't have a starting QB and won't trade anything of real value to get one is the very thing that makes your team so Brownish. Well, that and the fact that so many of you are willing to put up with it.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---Your prediction the Browns will be a playoff team in two years is just more proof you'll make boasts based upon nothing. Garbage in, garbage out.

    Yes, its called trash talk. Deal with it. Don't like it, run home and cry to mommy.

    And you prediction that neither Garappolo or McCarron will be a Brown isn't at all surprising seeing how both teams have expressed their reluctance to deal a backup QB unless offered a kings ransom coupled with your teams unwillingness to pay full price for any veteran QB who isn't named McCown or RG3.

    They didn't really pay "full price" for those guys. RG basically paid the veteran minimum...and was picked up as a FA. Not sure of McCown's salary, though I think the Jets are paying him a lot more now than the Browns did.

    The very fact that your team doesn't have a starting QB and won't trade anything of real value to get one is the very thing that makes your team so Brownish. Well, that and the fact that so many of you are willing to put up with it.

    They have a starting QB. And they did trade for him. His name is Brock Osweiler. He was the starting QB on a playoff team last year.

    I mean, did you like forget that? There may be questions about him...but he WAS a playoff starting QB. And they are paying him 16 mill. Do you not consider that "real value".

    And beyond him....I am of the opinion that they are potentially looking to draft a QB of the future.

    So, why would we give a shit about trying to get McCarron....or JG, neither of whom are even as proven as BO.

  • Gipper---Your prediction the Browns will be a playoff team in two years is just more proof you'll make boasts based upon nothing. Garbage in, garbage out. And you prediction that neither Garappolo or McCarron will be a Brown isn't at all surprising seeing how both teams have expressed their reluctance to deal a backup QB unless offered a kings ransom coupled with your teams unwillingness to pay full price for any veteran QB who isn't named McCown or RG3.

    The very fact that your team doesn't have a starting QB and won't trade anything of real value to get one is the very thing that makes your team so Brownish. Well, that and the fact that so many of you are willing to put up with it.

    @umadogg1 said:

    ... your teams unwillingness to pay full price for any veteran QB who isn't named McCown or RG3.

    We paid full price for McC and RG? How the fuck did that happen? 😮

  • I'll take Brock over AJ, any day, every day.

  • I'll take Brock over AJ, any day, every day.

    @d-bone said:

    I'll take Brock over AJ, any day, every day.

    Go ride a bike...

  • Gipper---Why would I bother trying to prove Mike Brown would be willing to trade with Cleveland when so many of you are finally able to admit your own team won't trade within the division? The failure rests with you, as it so often does. Besides, I told you about Tobin's willingness to trade McCarron months ago, and he said at the time he'd be willing to trade to any team, including Cleveland, if that team was willing to meet his asking price. Frankly, that seems far more credible than some story you made up about a couple of guys on the radio saying the same stupid things you once did.

    Tour---My bad. The Browns obviously signed players like RG3 and McCown at a heavily discounted rate because both had already proven to be failed starters. Had either been considered any good your team probably would have shown less interest or been outbid by another team. Regardless, that your team still managed to pay more than those players were worth is what prompted me to say you paid full price.

    D Bone---You'll take Osweiler any day and every day in exactly the same way you took Weeden, Manziel, RG3, and all the rest. First comes the bluster, followed quickly be the excuses. For example, check out the way Gipper brags about Osweiler as the new starter in the very same breath he talks about drafting a new QB.

  • Gipper---Why would I bother trying to prove Mike Brown would be willing to trade with Cleveland when so many of you are finally able to admit your own team won't trade within the division? The failure rests with you, as it so often does. Besides, I told you about Tobin's willingness to trade McCarron months ago, and he said at the time he'd be willing to trade to any team, including Cleveland, if that team was willing to meet his asking price. Frankly, that seems far more credible than some story you made up about a couple of guys on the radio saying the same stupid things you once did.

    Tour---My bad. The Browns obviously signed players like RG3 and McCown at a heavily discounted rate because both had already proven to be failed starters. Had either been considered any good your team probably would have shown less interest or been outbid by another team. Regardless, that your team still managed to pay more than those players were worth is what prompted me to say you paid full price.

    D Bone---You'll take Osweiler any day and every day in exactly the same way you took Weeden, Manziel, RG3, and all the rest. First comes the bluster, followed quickly be the excuses. For example, check out the way Gipper brags about Osweiler as the new starter in the very same breath he talks about drafting a new QB.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---Why would I bother trying to prove Mike Brown would be willing to trade with Cleveland when so many of you are finally able to admit your own team won't trade within the division?

    I don't know why you are bothering with this whole subject. It is a done deal.....Browns and Bengals ain't making trades.

    The failure rests with you, as it so often does. Besides, I told you about Tobin's willingness to trade McCarron months ago, and he said at the time he'd be willing to trade to any team, including Cleveland, if that team was willing to meet his asking price. Frankly, that seems far more credible than some story you made up about a couple of guys on the radio saying the same stupid things you once did.

    Tobin ain't Mike Brown. What Tobin is willing to do and what Mike Brown is willing to do may not be the same.

    Besides...why are YOU pushing so hard for a trade. Do you think you are Bill Belichick? Think you can roll over the Rookie GMs in Cleveland to take your crap for a pile of Gold?

    Tour---My bad. The Browns obviously signed players like RG3 and McCown at a heavily discounted rate because both had already proven to be failed starters.

    Sure, that is what I said....Captain Obvious.

    Had either been considered any good your team probably would have shown less interest or been outbid by another team. Regardless, that your team still managed to pay more than those players were worth is what prompted me to say you paid full price.

    Well, league veteran minimums paid. Not sure if that is "full price". It is the price that it was.

    D Bone---You'll take Osweiler any day and every day in exactly the same way you took Weeden, Manziel, RG3, and all the rest. First comes the bluster, followed quickly be the excuses. For example, check out the way Gipper brags about Osweiler as the new starter in the very same breath he talks about drafting a new QB.

    I am not bragging about it. I am just stating facts. Can't you handle the facts? The fact is the Browns did trade for him. The fact is he did start a playoff game. The fact is he is well paid...fully paid for what he does. The fact is, he is a suspect QB. All the things I said were absolute facts.

    Fact is, I think they will go after another QB.

    So....what is it about all these facts that you A. Don't understand B. Don't believe or C. Have a stick up your ass about?

    No one here is Hailing the Great and Powerful OS.

    Its just that he is at least a bit more proven than the piece of crap QB that you are trying to push off on us, apparently.

  • @d-bone said:

    I'll take Brock over AJ, any day, every day.

    Go ride a bike...

    @tour2ma said:

    Go ride a bike...

    LOL!! I wish I could 😉

    @umadogg1 said:

    D Bone---You'll take Osweiler any day and every day in exactly the same way you took Weeden, Manziel, RG3, and all the rest. First comes the bluster, followed quickly be the excuses. For example, check out the way Gipper brags about Osweiler as the new starter in the very same breath he talks about drafting a new QB.

    You obviously don't know me, or you would've spewed this shit into a toilet where it belongs. I publicly hated the Weeden pick, but not nearly as much as the Johnny pick. As for RG3, I will admit that I had high hopes, and expectations from him going into opening day, but those were broken pretty quickly, just like RG3 was.

    As for my reasoning for saying "I'd take Brock over AJ", it's simple: We already own Brock and we were actually bribed with a 2nd to take him, whereas AJ would cost us a draft pick(s).

    I believe they are the same player with the same ceiling, so why would I want us to give away draft picks for something we already own? Doesn't make sense.

  • Looking for a link but I read MKC saying he's a Brown by COB tomorrow.

  • @d-bone said:

    I'll take Brock over AJ, any day, every day.

    Go ride a bike...

    @tour2ma said:

    Go ride a bike...

    @d-bone said:

    LOL!! I wish I could 😉

    You obviously don't know me, or you would've spewed this shit into a toilet where it belongs. I publicly hated the Weeden pick, but not nearly as much as the Johnny pick. As for RG3, I will admit that I had high hopes, and expectations from him going into opening day, but those were broken pretty quickly, just like RG3 was.

    As for my reasoning for saying "I'd take Brock over AJ", it's simple: We already own Brock and we were actually bribed with a 2nd to take him, whereas AJ would cost us a draft pick(s).

    I believe they are the same player with the same ceiling, so why would I want us to give away draft picks for something we already own? Doesn't make sense.

    trapped in the house with painkillers working well D.How you healing up? Doc band big wheel still 2-3 weeks away? U Mad Dogg? had to get his white lab coat?

  • Gipper---Predicting the Browns will be a playoff team in 2 years isn't a fact. Nor is it a fact when you predict McCarron or Garappolo won't be a Brown. No, those are smelly brown things you pulled out of your ass...like the story about a couple of radio guys confirming your silly Mike Brown rant. Also, if you could read you'd know I've stated several times how I think your team should trade for Garappolo, not McCarron, mostly because I'm in no hurry for the Bengals to get rid of a backup QB two years before he'll reach URFA. So obviously I'm not trying to push McCarron on you, and it's stupid of you to even suggest it. But there's the rub because I admit I was trying to correct the stupid rant you were offering about the Bengals being unwilling to trade within the division. And once again, the Bengals director of player personnel says they will if their trade to anyone, including within the division, if the teams trade demands are met. Only after months of pointless bickering did you finally admit the real roadblock was the Browns unwillingness to overpay, putting the failure to trade for Garappolo or McCarron firmly with the Browns.

    D Bone----Of course you hated the Weeden pick. And same for Manziel. Probably hated Brady Quinn too. But to what end? You remained a Brown fan through it all, just as you'll remain a Brown fan if your team can't find someone to take Osweiler's bloated contract off your hands. As for your explanation of why you prefer Osweiler, the fact a team had to bribe your team to take him sort of makes a mockery of Gippers point about how the Browns traded for a starting QB with playoff experience. In fact, as you admit in so many words, the Browns traded for a 2nd round pick, not Osweiler himself. But of course now that he's on the roster you're apparently willing to settle for him, right?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Go ride a bike...

    @d-bone said:

    LOL!! I wish I could 😉

    You obviously don't know me, or you would've spewed this shit into a toilet where it belongs. I publicly hated the Weeden pick, but not nearly as much as the Johnny pick. As for RG3, I will admit that I had high hopes, and expectations from him going into opening day, but those were broken pretty quickly, just like RG3 was.

    As for my reasoning for saying "I'd take Brock over AJ", it's simple: We already own Brock and we were actually bribed with a 2nd to take him, whereas AJ would cost us a draft pick(s).

    I believe they are the same player with the same ceiling, so why would I want us to give away draft picks for something we already own? Doesn't make sense.

    trapped in the house with painkillers working well D.How you healing up? Doc band big wheel still 2-3 weeks away? U Mad Dogg? had to get his white lab coat?

    @gumby73 said:

    trapped in the house with painkillers working well D.How you healing up? Doc band big wheel still 2-3 weeks away? U Mad Dogg? had to get his white lab coat?

    LMAO!! Yep, trapped like a teenage girl in a horror movie < it puts the lotion on her skin >. Haven't sat this much since, well, ever. I'm 3 weeks away at best, more like 5 the way I'm feeling, but I'm starting to see a small light at the end of this long tunnel.

    Now, if we trade picks away for AJfookinMcCarron, then I'm going to go all Lou Ferrigno and start smashing stuff.

  • Gipper---Why would I bother trying to prove Mike Brown would be willing to trade with Cleveland when so many of you are finally able to admit your own team won't trade within the division? The failure rests with you, as it so often does. Besides, I told you about Tobin's willingness to trade McCarron months ago, and he said at the time he'd be willing to trade to any team, including Cleveland, if that team was willing to meet his asking price. Frankly, that seems far more credible than some story you made up about a couple of guys on the radio saying the same stupid things you once did.

    Tour---My bad. The Browns obviously signed players like RG3 and McCown at a heavily discounted rate because both had already proven to be failed starters. Had either been considered any good your team probably would have shown less interest or been outbid by another team. Regardless, that your team still managed to pay more than those players were worth is what prompted me to say you paid full price.

    D Bone---You'll take Osweiler any day and every day in exactly the same way you took Weeden, Manziel, RG3, and all the rest. First comes the bluster, followed quickly be the excuses. For example, check out the way Gipper brags about Osweiler as the new starter in the very same breath he talks about drafting a new QB.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Tour---My bad. The Browns obviously signed players like RG3 and McCown at a heavily discounted rate because both had already proven to be failed starters. Had either been considered any good your team probably would have shown less interest or been outbid by another team. Regardless, that your team still managed to pay more than those players were worth is what prompted me to say you paid full price.

    Why do I have an image of you typing with your right pinkie in the air?