Skip to content

Aj mccarron

The Browns Board
181 24 5.1k
  • Gipper---Why would I bother trying to prove Mike Brown would be willing to trade with Cleveland when so many of you are finally able to admit your own team won't trade within the division? The failure rests with you, as it so often does. Besides, I told you about Tobin's willingness to trade McCarron months ago, and he said at the time he'd be willing to trade to any team, including Cleveland, if that team was willing to meet his asking price. Frankly, that seems far more credible than some story you made up about a couple of guys on the radio saying the same stupid things you once did.

    Tour---My bad. The Browns obviously signed players like RG3 and McCown at a heavily discounted rate because both had already proven to be failed starters. Had either been considered any good your team probably would have shown less interest or been outbid by another team. Regardless, that your team still managed to pay more than those players were worth is what prompted me to say you paid full price.

    D Bone---You'll take Osweiler any day and every day in exactly the same way you took Weeden, Manziel, RG3, and all the rest. First comes the bluster, followed quickly be the excuses. For example, check out the way Gipper brags about Osweiler as the new starter in the very same breath he talks about drafting a new QB.

  • Gipper---Why would I bother trying to prove Mike Brown would be willing to trade with Cleveland when so many of you are finally able to admit your own team won't trade within the division? The failure rests with you, as it so often does. Besides, I told you about Tobin's willingness to trade McCarron months ago, and he said at the time he'd be willing to trade to any team, including Cleveland, if that team was willing to meet his asking price. Frankly, that seems far more credible than some story you made up about a couple of guys on the radio saying the same stupid things you once did.

    Tour---My bad. The Browns obviously signed players like RG3 and McCown at a heavily discounted rate because both had already proven to be failed starters. Had either been considered any good your team probably would have shown less interest or been outbid by another team. Regardless, that your team still managed to pay more than those players were worth is what prompted me to say you paid full price.

    D Bone---You'll take Osweiler any day and every day in exactly the same way you took Weeden, Manziel, RG3, and all the rest. First comes the bluster, followed quickly be the excuses. For example, check out the way Gipper brags about Osweiler as the new starter in the very same breath he talks about drafting a new QB.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---Why would I bother trying to prove Mike Brown would be willing to trade with Cleveland when so many of you are finally able to admit your own team won't trade within the division?

    I don't know why you are bothering with this whole subject. It is a done deal.....Browns and Bengals ain't making trades.

    The failure rests with you, as it so often does. Besides, I told you about Tobin's willingness to trade McCarron months ago, and he said at the time he'd be willing to trade to any team, including Cleveland, if that team was willing to meet his asking price. Frankly, that seems far more credible than some story you made up about a couple of guys on the radio saying the same stupid things you once did.

    Tobin ain't Mike Brown. What Tobin is willing to do and what Mike Brown is willing to do may not be the same.

    Besides...why are YOU pushing so hard for a trade. Do you think you are Bill Belichick? Think you can roll over the Rookie GMs in Cleveland to take your crap for a pile of Gold?

    Tour---My bad. The Browns obviously signed players like RG3 and McCown at a heavily discounted rate because both had already proven to be failed starters.

    Sure, that is what I said....Captain Obvious.

    Had either been considered any good your team probably would have shown less interest or been outbid by another team. Regardless, that your team still managed to pay more than those players were worth is what prompted me to say you paid full price.

    Well, league veteran minimums paid. Not sure if that is "full price". It is the price that it was.

    D Bone---You'll take Osweiler any day and every day in exactly the same way you took Weeden, Manziel, RG3, and all the rest. First comes the bluster, followed quickly be the excuses. For example, check out the way Gipper brags about Osweiler as the new starter in the very same breath he talks about drafting a new QB.

    I am not bragging about it. I am just stating facts. Can't you handle the facts? The fact is the Browns did trade for him. The fact is he did start a playoff game. The fact is he is well paid...fully paid for what he does. The fact is, he is a suspect QB. All the things I said were absolute facts.

    Fact is, I think they will go after another QB.

    So....what is it about all these facts that you A. Don't understand B. Don't believe or C. Have a stick up your ass about?

    No one here is Hailing the Great and Powerful OS.

    Its just that he is at least a bit more proven than the piece of crap QB that you are trying to push off on us, apparently.

  • @d-bone said:

    I'll take Brock over AJ, any day, every day.

    Go ride a bike...

    @tour2ma said:

    Go ride a bike...

    LOL!! I wish I could 😉

    @umadogg1 said:

    D Bone---You'll take Osweiler any day and every day in exactly the same way you took Weeden, Manziel, RG3, and all the rest. First comes the bluster, followed quickly be the excuses. For example, check out the way Gipper brags about Osweiler as the new starter in the very same breath he talks about drafting a new QB.

    You obviously don't know me, or you would've spewed this shit into a toilet where it belongs. I publicly hated the Weeden pick, but not nearly as much as the Johnny pick. As for RG3, I will admit that I had high hopes, and expectations from him going into opening day, but those were broken pretty quickly, just like RG3 was.

    As for my reasoning for saying "I'd take Brock over AJ", it's simple: We already own Brock and we were actually bribed with a 2nd to take him, whereas AJ would cost us a draft pick(s).

    I believe they are the same player with the same ceiling, so why would I want us to give away draft picks for something we already own? Doesn't make sense.

  • Looking for a link but I read MKC saying he's a Brown by COB tomorrow.

  • @d-bone said:

    I'll take Brock over AJ, any day, every day.

    Go ride a bike...

    @tour2ma said:

    Go ride a bike...

    @d-bone said:

    LOL!! I wish I could 😉

    You obviously don't know me, or you would've spewed this shit into a toilet where it belongs. I publicly hated the Weeden pick, but not nearly as much as the Johnny pick. As for RG3, I will admit that I had high hopes, and expectations from him going into opening day, but those were broken pretty quickly, just like RG3 was.

    As for my reasoning for saying "I'd take Brock over AJ", it's simple: We already own Brock and we were actually bribed with a 2nd to take him, whereas AJ would cost us a draft pick(s).

    I believe they are the same player with the same ceiling, so why would I want us to give away draft picks for something we already own? Doesn't make sense.

    trapped in the house with painkillers working well D.How you healing up? Doc band big wheel still 2-3 weeks away? U Mad Dogg? had to get his white lab coat?

  • Gipper---Predicting the Browns will be a playoff team in 2 years isn't a fact. Nor is it a fact when you predict McCarron or Garappolo won't be a Brown. No, those are smelly brown things you pulled out of your ass...like the story about a couple of radio guys confirming your silly Mike Brown rant. Also, if you could read you'd know I've stated several times how I think your team should trade for Garappolo, not McCarron, mostly because I'm in no hurry for the Bengals to get rid of a backup QB two years before he'll reach URFA. So obviously I'm not trying to push McCarron on you, and it's stupid of you to even suggest it. But there's the rub because I admit I was trying to correct the stupid rant you were offering about the Bengals being unwilling to trade within the division. And once again, the Bengals director of player personnel says they will if their trade to anyone, including within the division, if the teams trade demands are met. Only after months of pointless bickering did you finally admit the real roadblock was the Browns unwillingness to overpay, putting the failure to trade for Garappolo or McCarron firmly with the Browns.

    D Bone----Of course you hated the Weeden pick. And same for Manziel. Probably hated Brady Quinn too. But to what end? You remained a Brown fan through it all, just as you'll remain a Brown fan if your team can't find someone to take Osweiler's bloated contract off your hands. As for your explanation of why you prefer Osweiler, the fact a team had to bribe your team to take him sort of makes a mockery of Gippers point about how the Browns traded for a starting QB with playoff experience. In fact, as you admit in so many words, the Browns traded for a 2nd round pick, not Osweiler himself. But of course now that he's on the roster you're apparently willing to settle for him, right?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Go ride a bike...

    @d-bone said:

    LOL!! I wish I could 😉

    You obviously don't know me, or you would've spewed this shit into a toilet where it belongs. I publicly hated the Weeden pick, but not nearly as much as the Johnny pick. As for RG3, I will admit that I had high hopes, and expectations from him going into opening day, but those were broken pretty quickly, just like RG3 was.

    As for my reasoning for saying "I'd take Brock over AJ", it's simple: We already own Brock and we were actually bribed with a 2nd to take him, whereas AJ would cost us a draft pick(s).

    I believe they are the same player with the same ceiling, so why would I want us to give away draft picks for something we already own? Doesn't make sense.

    trapped in the house with painkillers working well D.How you healing up? Doc band big wheel still 2-3 weeks away? U Mad Dogg? had to get his white lab coat?

    @gumby73 said:

    trapped in the house with painkillers working well D.How you healing up? Doc band big wheel still 2-3 weeks away? U Mad Dogg? had to get his white lab coat?

    LMAO!! Yep, trapped like a teenage girl in a horror movie < it puts the lotion on her skin >. Haven't sat this much since, well, ever. I'm 3 weeks away at best, more like 5 the way I'm feeling, but I'm starting to see a small light at the end of this long tunnel.

    Now, if we trade picks away for AJfookinMcCarron, then I'm going to go all Lou Ferrigno and start smashing stuff.

  • Gipper---Why would I bother trying to prove Mike Brown would be willing to trade with Cleveland when so many of you are finally able to admit your own team won't trade within the division? The failure rests with you, as it so often does. Besides, I told you about Tobin's willingness to trade McCarron months ago, and he said at the time he'd be willing to trade to any team, including Cleveland, if that team was willing to meet his asking price. Frankly, that seems far more credible than some story you made up about a couple of guys on the radio saying the same stupid things you once did.

    Tour---My bad. The Browns obviously signed players like RG3 and McCown at a heavily discounted rate because both had already proven to be failed starters. Had either been considered any good your team probably would have shown less interest or been outbid by another team. Regardless, that your team still managed to pay more than those players were worth is what prompted me to say you paid full price.

    D Bone---You'll take Osweiler any day and every day in exactly the same way you took Weeden, Manziel, RG3, and all the rest. First comes the bluster, followed quickly be the excuses. For example, check out the way Gipper brags about Osweiler as the new starter in the very same breath he talks about drafting a new QB.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Tour---My bad. The Browns obviously signed players like RG3 and McCown at a heavily discounted rate because both had already proven to be failed starters. Had either been considered any good your team probably would have shown less interest or been outbid by another team. Regardless, that your team still managed to pay more than those players were worth is what prompted me to say you paid full price.

    Why do I have an image of you typing with your right pinkie in the air?

  • Tour---How often do you daydream about men?

  • Tour---How often do you daydream about men?

    @umadogg1 said:

    Tour---How often do you daydream about men?

    Not that often...

    Only when I come across an effeminate one...

  • Tour---What was I wearing in your fantasy? How did you pose me in your mind? Was my fly open?

  • Yay, Umad is back to pretend that the Bengals haven't been irrelevant for the entirety of their existence.

  • If we trade for mccaron its not for him to be our franchise guy over anyone else its just a chance for him to compete with kessler. Stats wise the are pretty much the same player. AJ has about the same arm talent as kessler. Oddly kessler is more athletic.

  • Looking for a link but I read MKC saying he's a Brown by COB tomorrow.

    @jcam222 said:

    Looking for a link but I read MKC saying he's a Brown by COB tomorrow.

    Mary Kay is gushing again, trying to get clicks. Saying "not ruling anything out" to "done deal" is a mighty stretch. Here's the article and some quotes: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/marvin_lewis_admits_trading_aj.html#incart_river_index

    "A source close to the Bengals highly doubts that Bengals owner Mike Brown would send a potential franchise quarterback to the Browns, but even Bengals director of player personnel noted at the NFL Combine that they'd listen to offers from any team. He indicated, however, that the price would be steep. " Translation- it ain't happening.

    A couple of tables away, [from Lewis] Jackson also wasn't ready to rule anything out. Given the Patriots' apparent reluctance to trade Jimmy Garoppolo, [sorry your love flame probably isn't coming to the Browns MKC, so you have to start stirring up some other shit?] the Browns have to explore other options. Jackson can't mention McCarron's name because of tampering rules, but he's clearly not saying never in this instance."

    Hue didn't say he'd never trade the #1 pick under any circumstances either.

  • Royce---Don't interrupt. I think Tour is about to ask me out.

    Caine---Well, yeah. It's why I keep mentioning McCarron's 675k salary and the ability to use a tender offer next year. For the cost of a couple of draft picks you could kick his tires for two years before committing fully. You can't do that with Garappolo, right? Best, with three years of experience under his belt he'd jump start your rebuild and give you a QB with more moxie than Kessler. Then again, who wouldn't.

  • Tour---What was I wearing in your fantasy? How did you pose me in your mind? Was my fly open?

    @umadogg1 said:

    Tour---What was I wearing in your fantasy? How did you pose me in your mind? Was my fly open?

    225b4d64fd18ef9d63035a579681a342.jpg

  • LOL! 😆 What size cups are those?

  • The Bengals are one of the three teams that have FEASTED off the Browns NOT having a QB. I can't believe they'd trade a potential one to us. Just can't see it. But hey, maybe I'm wrong. The other thing is...is he any good? I realize he probably has more tape than JG, but for some reason I REALLY want JG and not AJ.

    To be honest, I think if we were somehow going to get either of the two, we would've already had the deal done. Not sure why I feel that way...but I do.

  • I'll take Brock over AJ, any day, every day.

    @d-bone said:

    I'll take Brock over AJ, any day, every day.

    Can't tell if joking....?

  • @d-bone said:

    I'll take Brock over AJ, any day, every day.

    Can't tell if joking....?

    @tiamat63 said:

    Can't tell if joking....?

    @d-bone said:

    As for my reasoning for saying "I'd take Brock over AJ", it's simple: We already own Brock and we were actually bribed with a 2nd to take him, whereas AJ would cost us a draft pick(s).

    I believe they are the same player with the same ceiling, so why would I want us to give away draft picks for something we already own? Doesn't make sense.