Skip to content

Aj mccarron

The Browns Board
181 24 5.1k
  • The Bengals are one of the three teams that have FEASTED off the Browns NOT having a QB. I can't believe they'd trade a potential one to us. Just can't see it. But hey, maybe I'm wrong. The other thing is...is he any good? I realize he probably has more tape than JG, but for some reason I REALLY want JG and not AJ.

    To be honest, I think if we were somehow going to get either of the two, we would've already had the deal done. Not sure why I feel that way...but I do.

  • I'll take Brock over AJ, any day, every day.

    @d-bone said:

    I'll take Brock over AJ, any day, every day.

    Can't tell if joking....?

  • @d-bone said:

    I'll take Brock over AJ, any day, every day.

    Can't tell if joking....?

    @tiamat63 said:

    Can't tell if joking....?

    @d-bone said:

    As for my reasoning for saying "I'd take Brock over AJ", it's simple: We already own Brock and we were actually bribed with a 2nd to take him, whereas AJ would cost us a draft pick(s).

    I believe they are the same player with the same ceiling, so why would I want us to give away draft picks for something we already own? Doesn't make sense.

  • Gipper---Predicting the Browns will be a playoff team in 2 years isn't a fact. Nor is it a fact when you predict McCarron or Garappolo won't be a Brown. No, those are smelly brown things you pulled out of your ass...like the story about a couple of radio guys confirming your silly Mike Brown rant. Also, if you could read you'd know I've stated several times how I think your team should trade for Garappolo, not McCarron, mostly because I'm in no hurry for the Bengals to get rid of a backup QB two years before he'll reach URFA. So obviously I'm not trying to push McCarron on you, and it's stupid of you to even suggest it. But there's the rub because I admit I was trying to correct the stupid rant you were offering about the Bengals being unwilling to trade within the division. And once again, the Bengals director of player personnel says they will if their trade to anyone, including within the division, if the teams trade demands are met. Only after months of pointless bickering did you finally admit the real roadblock was the Browns unwillingness to overpay, putting the failure to trade for Garappolo or McCarron firmly with the Browns.

    D Bone----Of course you hated the Weeden pick. And same for Manziel. Probably hated Brady Quinn too. But to what end? You remained a Brown fan through it all, just as you'll remain a Brown fan if your team can't find someone to take Osweiler's bloated contract off your hands. As for your explanation of why you prefer Osweiler, the fact a team had to bribe your team to take him sort of makes a mockery of Gippers point about how the Browns traded for a starting QB with playoff experience. In fact, as you admit in so many words, the Browns traded for a 2nd round pick, not Osweiler himself. But of course now that he's on the roster you're apparently willing to settle for him, right?

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---Predicting the Browns will be a playoff team in 2 years isn't a fact. Nor is it a fact when you predict McCarron or Garappolo won't be a Brown. No, those are smelly brown things you pulled out of your ass...like the story about a couple of radio guys confirming your silly Mike Brown rant.

    Of course my predictions are not fact...they are predictions. Jean Dixon's prediction of JFK being killed was not a fact until it happened.

    And the "rant" about Mike Brown was not my original rant. I got it from others. Do you think I made it up? It is a fact that the radio guy...by the way, it was Tony Rizzo...did say that.

    So, you go ahead and call him at WKNR and trouble him with it. Why do we need to spend one more breath on the subject...until or unless it happens.

    Also, if you could read you'd know I've stated several times how I think your team should trade for Garappolo, not McCarron, mostly because I'm in no hurry for the Bengals to get rid of a backup QB two years before he'll reach URFA. So obviously I'm not trying to push McCarron on you, and it's stupid of you to even suggest it

    ME suggest it? It is all you care to talk about.

    . But there's the rub because I admit I was trying to correct the stupid rant you were offering about the Bengals being unwilling to trade within the division. And once again, the Bengals director of player personnel says they will if their trade to anyone, including within the division, if the teams trade demands are met.

    And when did he buy the team from Mike Brown?

    Only after months of pointless bickering did you finally admit the real roadblock was the Browns unwillingness to overpay, putting the failure to trade for Garappolo or McCarron firmly with the Browns.

    I have always admitted that unwillingness to over pay is a roadblock to making a ridiculous trade. You apparently have NOT been paying attention. From the outset I have said that I would not be willing to pay more than a mid 2d rounder for JG. I have also been operating under the assumption tht the Browns FO are reasonable and would agree with me.

    And tell me this: Why is a "unwillingness to overpay" a "Failure" in your opinion? I think it is quite the opposite. I think it is a success

    I am not keen on either guy. Brock Osweiler has a better record of success than those two. (and yes, also a "better" record of failure...admittedly) Its just that I think he has a better chance of success with the Cleveland Browns than either Garrop. or McCarron.

    D Bone----Of course you hated the Weeden pick. And same for Manziel. Probably hated Brady Quinn too. But to what end? You remained a Brown fan through it all, just as you'll remain a Brown fan if your team can't find someone to take Osweiler's bloated contract off your hands. As for your explanation of why you prefer Osweiler, the fact a team had to bribe your team to take him sort of makes a mockery of Gippers point about how the Browns traded for a starting QB with playoff experience. In fact, as you admit in so many words, the Browns traded for a 2nd round pick, not Osweiler himself. But of course now that he's on the roster you're apparently willing to settle for him, right?

    It is not a mockery. BO does have starting playoff experience. What is it about factual statements you have an issue with? While the Browns were smart in getting both BO and a 2d round pick to take him off his hands..you have not seen me singing the glory of Brock Osweiler. That is another fact you seem to have issue with.

    It is not a fact, but an opinion that yes, the Browns are better off "settling" for Osweiler than pursuing either JG or McC.

  • If we trade for mccaron its not for him to be our franchise guy over anyone else its just a chance for him to compete with kessler. Stats wise the are pretty much the same player. AJ has about the same arm talent as kessler. Oddly kessler is more athletic.

    @cainedesoulis said:

    If we trade for mccaron its not for him to be our franchise guy over anyone else its just a chance for him to compete with kessler. Stats wise the are pretty much the same player. AJ has about the same arm talent as kessler. Oddly kessler is more athletic.

    Good point.

    Kessler is 6'1" 224 His career stats: 128/195 1380 yds 65.6 comp.% 6 TDs 2 Ints. 92.3 rating

    McCarron 6'3" 220 Career stats: 79/119 854 yds 66.5 comp. % 6 TDs 2 Ints 97.1 rate

    So, like, we need another Cody Kessler clone?

    Why waste resources on that? Beyond maybe a straight up trade?

  • Tour---Can I assume that picture is a still photo from the one girl two cups video I keep hearing about?

    Jiggins---Hue was making the rounds at the owners meetings. On a video clip I watched he kept talking about how they don't have their guy yet, and quickly mentioned the draft, trades, and free agency as potential options. Of note, he said he hoped a trade was still possible. Myself, I've always felt if a trade were to happen it will be a draft day trade completed at the last possible moment. Because let's face it, both New England and Cincinnati have openly said if they trade their player they're going to make it hurt., and I can't imagine Cleveland agreeing to trade under those conditions until the 11th hour.

  • Gipper---I'm pretty sure half the population of Cleveland is named Tony and more than a few of them are also named Rizzo. So yeah, I'm almost certain you made up the radio story. Also, it shouldn't surprise you that I mostly talk about McCarron as he's a Bengal player. Did you think I came here to discuss Brock Osweiler? Seriously, why would anyone talk about that guy if they didn't have to?

  • Gipper---I'm pretty sure half the population of Cleveland is named Tony and more than a few of them are also named Rizzo. So yeah, I'm almost certain you made up the radio story. Also, it shouldn't surprise you that I mostly talk about McCarron as he's a Bengal player. Did you think I came here to discuss Brock Osweiler? Seriously, why would anyone talk about that guy if they didn't have to?

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---I'm pretty sure half the population of Cleveland is named Tony and more than a few of them are also named Rizzo. So yeah, I'm almost certain you made up the radio story. Also, it shouldn't surprise you that I mostly talk about McCarron as he's a Bengal player. Did you think I came here to discuss Brock Osweiler? Seriously, why would anyone talk about that guy if they didn't have to?

    Are you always this big of a cunthole? On your job? To your family?

    http://www.espn.com/espnradio/podcast/archive/_/id/14054656

    You can look Rizzo up here.

    As to your last statement? Why are you here AT ALL. This is The Browns Board. If you don't want to talk about Browns matter, get the fuck off.

    Though, I suspect, given the fact that the Bengal fan base is mostly pussies, there is not a forum for that team worth a shit.

  • Gipper---Why so angry?

  • Gipper---Why so angry?

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---Why so angry?

    Why such a cunt? You accuse me of fabricating a story and you expect to be let off lightly for that?

  • Gipper---Of course I think you're a liar. But why blame me? How much credibility do you think you're going to have knowing the way you attempt to spin everything? You're like a Midwestern version of Baghdad Bob. Besides, even if your Rizzo character exists it adds nothing to your rant. Why not quote your gardener? Wouldn't that be just as believable as most of the stuff you write?

  • Gipper---Of course I think you're a liar. But why blame me? How much credibility do you think you're going to have knowing the way you attempt to spin everything? You're like a Midwestern version of Baghdad Bob. Besides, even if your Rizzo character exists it adds nothing to your rant. Why not quote your gardener? Wouldn't that be just as believable as most of the stuff you write?

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---Of course I think you're a liar. But why blame me? How much credibility do you think you're going to have knowing the way you attempt to spin everything? You're like a Midwestern version of Baghdad Bob. Besides, even if your Rizzo character exists it adds nothing to your rant. Why not quote your gardener? Wouldn't that be just as believable as most of the stuff you write?

    Face it. You're a liar AND a cunt and a fake. And you lie to yourself. And you are to blame for your own condition. You know in your heart that what I say about Mike Brown is true. You just want to be argumentative about it because you have no character in your soul. Just empty

    And your team is a cunt team. It is a Browns wannabe. A bastard stepchild. You even have to use a Browns reference for your screen name.

    Even in the Browns worst times it is better to be a Browns fans than a Bengals fan.

    And that is why you are here. There is no redeeming social value to following the Bengals.

    Clearly that is the case because you have to come to a Browns board to receive any kind of decent football input. Not, apparently that you would know what decent football input is.

    You have been shown to be a complete and utter fool. You may as well dress the part.

    jester-hat-collar.jpg

  • Tour---Can I assume that picture is a still photo from the one girl two cups video I keep hearing about?

    Jiggins---Hue was making the rounds at the owners meetings. On a video clip I watched he kept talking about how they don't have their guy yet, and quickly mentioned the draft, trades, and free agency as potential options. Of note, he said he hoped a trade was still possible. Myself, I've always felt if a trade were to happen it will be a draft day trade completed at the last possible moment. Because let's face it, both New England and Cincinnati have openly said if they trade their player they're going to make it hurt., and I can't imagine Cleveland agreeing to trade under those conditions until the 11th hour.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Jiggins---Hue was making the rounds at the owners meetings. On a video clip I watched he kept talking about how they don't have their guy yet, and quickly mentioned the draft, trades, and free agency as potential options. Of note, he said he hoped a trade was still possible. Myself, I've always felt if a trade were to happen it will be a draft day trade completed at the last possible moment. Because let's face it, both New England and Cincinnati have openly said if they trade their player they're going to make it hurt., and I can't imagine Cleveland agreeing to trade under those conditions until the 11th hour.

    Uma, MHO is that's why a trade for McCarron or Garropolo isn't going to happen. We didn't overpay for Collins, and let Pryor walk because his agent was asking too much. (We sure could have used him) So we're not going to go more than market for those two QBs. I'm with Gipper, #52 for Garropolo, and I might even throw in the Ostrich. Less than that for AJ. As was pointed out his stats are near identical to Kesslers- and Cody didn't have Green to throw to either.

    Hue can blabber on all he wants to, he won't be making the final decision. In a lot of fans eyes his credibility and judgement is shot after the Griffin debacle.

  • Gipper---Again, don't blame me for your lack of credibility. You spin everything, you claim predictions are facts, and in the Rizzo example you literally attempted to back one of your stupid claims by pulling a source out of thin air. Worse, now you're acting all pissy because you feelings got hurt. (sniff).

    Hoorta---I've never felt the odds of a trade happening were very good, mostly because I believe the Patriots and the Bengals when they say they're reluctant to trade their backup QBs. IMO it isn't just a bunch of talk meant to drive up the price. Rather, the asking price was always going to hurt, and if your team isn't willing to step up then it's fair to say all Hue's blathering amounts to is a dog and pony show. A way to appear as if your team is doing everything it possibly can when in reality it's doing nothing. And if you guys are right the Browns are doing nothing because doing anything costs too much when compared to the cheapest options. Like settling for Osweiler. Or Kessler. Or staying put to draft another version of Kessler.

  • Gipper---Again, don't blame me for your lack of credibility. You spin everything, you claim predictions are facts, and in the Rizzo example you literally attempted to back one of your stupid claims by pulling a source out of thin air. Worse, now you're acting all pissy because you feelings got hurt. (sniff).

    Hoorta---I've never felt the odds of a trade happening were very good, mostly because I believe the Patriots and the Bengals when they say they're reluctant to trade their backup QBs. IMO it isn't just a bunch of talk meant to drive up the price. Rather, the asking price was always going to hurt, and if your team isn't willing to step up then it's fair to say all Hue's blathering amounts to is a dog and pony show. A way to appear as if your team is doing everything it possibly can when in reality it's doing nothing. And if you guys are right the Browns are doing nothing because doing anything costs too much when compared to the cheapest options. Like settling for Osweiler. Or Kessler. Or staying put to draft another version of Kessler.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---Again, don't blame me for your lack of credibility.

    I blame you for being a cunt wannabe.

    You spin everything, you claim predictions are facts, and in the Rizzo example you literally attempted to back one of your stupid claims by pulling a source out of thin air. Worse, now you're acting all pissy because you feelings got hurt. (sniff).

    Thin Air? Rizzo, I believe, is the top rated sports talk show in Cleveland. Ask anyone on here who lives around here.

    Rizzo, of course, is the longtime Fox 8 veteran and homer-ific host of The Really Big Show on WKNR 850 AM. He's also the most popular sports talk radio personality in town, and for good reason ... by comparison. He's combined decades of experience with a willingness to show some semblance of personality in a business that often finds itself deliberating on the seriousness of a groin pull.

    More than that, however, and in a much more accurate way of describing Rizzo's talent, he's the most successful infomercial host in Cleveland. Guy can flat out hawk product. Bee pollen wonder pills, windows, cars, jewelry, steaks — you name it, he can sell it. Ron Popiel is in awe of Uncle Rizzy's versatility. The creator of the aforementioned bee pollen pills, JoeBees, can probably afford to retire thanks to all the men in Northeast Ohio Rizzo's convinced to buy them.

    My feelings are not hurt. I just have no patience for dealing with complete losers., like you.

    Hoorta---I've never felt the odds of a trade happening were very good, mostly because I believe the Patriots and the Bengals when they say they're reluctant to trade their backup QBs. IMO it isn't just a bunch of talk meant to drive up the price. Rather, the asking price was always going to hurt, and if your team isn't willing to step up then it's fair to say all Hue's blathering amounts to is a dog and pony show. A way to appear as if your team is doing everything it possibly can when in reality it's doing nothing. And if you guys are right the Browns are doing nothing because doing anything costs too much when compared to the cheapest options. Like settling for Osweiler. Or Kessler. Or staying put to draft another version of Kessler.

    Or taking the next Aaron Rodgers

  • Gipper---Besides being a liar you're a bit of a passive aggressive pussy, aren't you? Well, no matter. You're always good for a laugh.

  • Gipper---Besides being a liar you're a bit of a passive aggressive pussy, aren't you? Well, no matter. You're always good for a laugh.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---Besides being a liar you're a bit of a passive aggressive pussy, aren't you? Well, no matter. You're always good for a laugh.

    There is no passive about it, and the only pussy around here is you.

    First you are all about trading McCarron....then you say you don't want to trade him. Then why the fuck are you even bothering to talk about him?

    When your feminine side figures out what the fuck it wants and tells it to your masculine side...if you have one let the rest of us know.

  • Gipper---You seem to think typing the word cunt somehow makes you a tough guy or less of a liar. And saying you didn't get your feelings hurt is laughable. Just look at you.

    You're having a tough guy hissy fit.

  • It's a loooooooong off season on the Browns Board !

  • Gipper---You seem to think typing the word cunt somehow makes you a tough guy or less of a liar. And saying you didn't get your feelings hurt is laughable. Just look at you.

    You're having a tough guy hissy fit.

    @umadogg1 said:

    Gipper---You seem to think typing the word cunt somehow makes you a tough guy or less of a liar. And saying you didn't get your feelings hurt is laughable. Just look at you.

    You're having a tough guy hissy fit.

    No. I just think it essentially describes you. Though perhaps you are right. Perhaps I should be more creative in my descriptions. I guess I was just being visceral because that is the image you project.