Skip to content

Meder

The Browns Board
49 17 1.8k
  • @clevfan4life said:

    what about one gapping meder and shelton together? If our DE's hold up their end we could be looking at an elite front 4 rotation

    Works for me... going to be an interesting year.

    @tour2ma said:

    Works for me... going to be an interesting year.

    Yeah I look forward to seeing what Williams does with the talent provided.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Works for me... going to be an interesting year.

    Yeah I look forward to seeing what Williams does with the talent provided.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Yeah I look forward to seeing what Williams does with the talent provided.

    I do as long as they draft it. Seems they are headed that way.

  • https://twitter.com/joethomas73/status/846847081587331073

    How is Joe Thomas's Twitter response not posted here lol

    "Congrats Pierogi Prince of Parma @jamie_meder98 on new $100 gazillion contract. Hope you'll invest some of that $ to remodel the Polka Palace"

    Joe Thomas@joethomas73
    Congrats Pierogi Prince of Parma @jamie_meder98 on new $100 gazillion contract. Hope you'll invest some of that πŸ’°to remodel the Polka Palace
  • I don't know that there is a breakout season in the guy. He is a meat and three, plate lunch type of player.

    But as has been said, you need those mid level guys to grind it out if you really want to build a good football team. You can't do much with 3-4-5-6 really good players and a bunch of scrubs around them.

    He's no Cadillac, but he is not some 15 year old, beat to shit $200 car like Stan drives. He is a 6-7 year old Ford or Chevy....still pretty solid and dependable with a lot of solid miles left.

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't know that there is a breakout season in the guy. He is a meat and three, plate lunch type of player.

    But as has been said, you need those mid level guys to grind it out if you really want to build a good football team. You can't do much with 3-4-5-6 really good players and a bunch of scrubs around them.

    He's no Cadillac, but he is not some 15 year old, beat to shit $200 car like Stan drives. He is a 6-7 year old Ford or Chevy....still pretty solid and dependable with a lot of solid miles left.

    I am driving a 2002 Grand Marquis. But it is not totally beat to shit...though it may be on its way.

  • Now that we run the 4-3 we'll have more mass on the edges so teams wont be able to slant towards them as much, so the ol will have to go straight up more against shelton and meder. I really do expect the scheme change to benefit meder and bryant alot....shelton too

    @clevfan4life said:

    Now that we run the 4-3 we'll have more mass on the edges so teams wont be able to slant towards them as much, so the ol will have to go straight up more against shelton and meder. I really do expect the scheme change to benefit meder and bryant alot....shelton too

    And I still think it highly possible that the Browns take a DT in rounds 2-3.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Now that we run the 4-3 we'll have more mass on the edges so teams wont be able to slant towards them as much, so the ol will have to go straight up more against shelton and meder. I really do expect the scheme change to benefit meder and bryant alot....shelton too

    And I still think it highly possible that the Browns take a DT in rounds 2-3.

    @the-gipper said:

    And I still think it highly possible that the Browns take a DT in rounds 2-3.

    Nah. Front 4's way too crowded as is. And remember bith ogbah and nassib can sub in next to danny. I actually think we might have some ridiculous nascar packages when u throw garett out there.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Now that we run the 4-3 we'll have more mass on the edges so teams wont be able to slant towards them as much, so the ol will have to go straight up more against shelton and meder. I really do expect the scheme change to benefit meder and bryant alot....shelton too

    And I still think it highly possible that the Browns take a DT in rounds 2-3.

    @the-gipper said:

    And I still think it highly possible that the Browns take a DT in rounds 2-3.

    Somebody agrees with you

    http://nflspinzone.com/2017/03/29/cleveland-browns-must-address-3-tech-defensive-tackle/

  • Meder has a nice motor... but if were really honest about it.. Hes really a 2nd teamer.. but decent resigning...

  • @the-gipper said:

    And I still think it highly possible that the Browns take a DT in rounds 2-3.

    Nah. Front 4's way too crowded as is. And remember bith ogbah and nassib can sub in next to danny. I actually think we might have some ridiculous nascar packages when u throw garett out there.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Nah. Front 4's way too crowded as is. And remember bith ogbah and nassib can sub in next to danny. I actually think we might have some ridiculous nascar packages when u throw garett out there.

    Sure, lets play a bunch of guys out of position and see how that goes. Great. Unless you think that Ogbah and Nassib have the versatility of a JJ Watt or Reggie White, I would let them play their position.

  • @the-gipper said:

    And I still think it highly possible that the Browns take a DT in rounds 2-3.

    Somebody agrees with you

    http://nflspinzone.com/2017/03/29/cleveland-browns-must-address-3-tech-defensive-tackle/

  • @ballpeen said:

    I don't know that there is a breakout season in the guy. He is a meat and three, plate lunch type of player.

    But as has been said, you need those mid level guys to grind it out if you really want to build a good football team. You can't do much with 3-4-5-6 really good players and a bunch of scrubs around them.

    He's no Cadillac, but he is not some 15 year old, beat to shit $200 car like Stan drives. He is a 6-7 year old Ford or Chevy....still pretty solid and dependable with a lot of solid miles left.

    I am driving a 2002 Grand Marquis. But it is not totally beat to shit...though it may be on its way.

    @the-gipper said:

    I am driving a 2002 Grand Marquis. But it is not totally beat to shit...though it may be on its way.

    Usually the person driving it is the last to know.

    Just saying...

  • 250px-MaterCars.jpg


    Just sticking to the topic. πŸ˜†

  • Fair enough, but seriously, how long can you talk about Jamie Meder?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Now that we run the 4-3 we'll have more mass on the edges so teams wont be able to slant towards them as much, so the ol will have to go straight up more against shelton and meder. I really do expect the scheme change to benefit meder and bryant alot....shelton too

    And I still think it highly possible that the Browns take a DT in rounds 2-3.

    @the-gipper said:

    And I still think it highly possible that the Browns take a DT in rounds 2-3.

    Jets our in cap hell with fire sale is future. DT Shelton Richardson is 26. A hell of a 3 Tech DT. Just like Collins, has 1 year left on a deal..I think that your 3rd (like Collins) just may do it..Shelton has a little baggage.So no to a second, Maybe even slip's him to a comp.4th

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Nah. Front 4's way too crowded as is. And remember bith ogbah and nassib can sub in next to danny. I actually think we might have some ridiculous nascar packages when u throw garett out there.

    Sure, lets play a bunch of guys out of position and see how that goes. Great. Unless you think that Ogbah and Nassib have the versatility of a JJ Watt or Reggie White, I would let them play their position.

    @the-gipper said:

    Sure, lets play a bunch of guys out of position and see how that goes. Great. Unless you think that Ogbah and Nassib have the versatility of a JJ Watt or Reggie White, I would let them play their position.

    Nascar packages gipper. That means long passing downs, 4 DE's on the line.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am driving a 2002 Grand Marquis. But it is not totally beat to shit...though it may be on its way.

    Usually the person driving it is the last to know.

    Just saying...

    @ballpeen said:

    Usually the person driving it is the last to know.

    Just saying...

    Yep, that would be me. Last year I blew the engine on the car I was driving. Fucked up totally by not having a clue.

  • @the-gipper said:

    And I still think it highly possible that the Browns take a DT in rounds 2-3.

    Jets our in cap hell with fire sale is future. DT Shelton Richardson is 26. A hell of a 3 Tech DT. Just like Collins, has 1 year left on a deal..I think that your 3rd (like Collins) just may do it..Shelton has a little baggage.So no to a second, Maybe even slip's him to a comp.4th

    @gumby73 said:

    Jets our in cap hell with fire sale is future. DT Shelton Richardson is 26. A hell of a 3 Tech DT. Just like Collins, has 1 year left on a deal..I think that your 3rd (like Collins) just may do it..Shelton has a little baggage.So no to a second, Maybe even slip's him to a comp.4th

    Works for me. At least we know he has NFL capability, whereas any rookie is always a question mark.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Sure, lets play a bunch of guys out of position and see how that goes. Great. Unless you think that Ogbah and Nassib have the versatility of a JJ Watt or Reggie White, I would let them play their position.

    Nascar packages gipper. That means long passing downs, 4 DE's on the line.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Nascar packages gipper. That means long passing downs, 4 DE's on the line.

    Yea. OK. But what about base package. 1st and 10, or running downs. Another space eater next to Shelton to bottle up the middle would be good. Meder, Bryant...OK. But I think we could use another.

    Jonathan Hankins is still out there. OSU product. 6'3 320. He could do. Come on home.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Nascar packages gipper. That means long passing downs, 4 DE's on the line.

    Yea. OK. But what about base package. 1st and 10, or running downs. Another space eater next to Shelton to bottle up the middle would be good. Meder, Bryant...OK. But I think we could use another.

    Jonathan Hankins is still out there. OSU product. 6'3 320. He could do. Come on home.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea. OK. But what about base package. 1st and 10, or running downs. Another space eater next to Shelton to bottle up the middle would be good. Meder, Bryant...OK. But I think we could use another.

    Jonathan Hankins is still out there. OSU product. 6'3 320. He could do. Come on home.

    Meder and shelton next to each other in the 4-3 "should" be a terror up the middle. They cant double team both somon one side they may need to help the guard with a chip from the tackle, which should in theiry help the DE on that side if the team doesnt bring in a TE to help the tackle. With the addition of garett along with whst we hope are the improved DE's from last year.....we should have a very good front 4

  • And hopefully that means the lb'ers benefit