Skip to content

Calfox's Ultra-STUPendous Mega-Kickass 2017 BROWNS MOCK DRAFT

The Browns Board
18 8 768
  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Merge with the fantasy thread.

    I hope your first round happens.

  • Merge with the fantasy thread.

    I hope your first round happens.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #4

    @wargograw said:

    Merge with the fantasy thread.

    I hope your first round happens.

    Nah... in the past posters personal mocks have been left as stand alone threads, so if have to merge, then should at minimum start a "Post your Personal mocks here" thread... Too much effort in these to mix them in with the sim results.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I've been arguing with it for days, here and there, I'm fine with somebody putting up their own, if it's legitimately

    worked on. The mocks where you keep getting graded at picks etc.... don't interest me much.

    I really did work hard on this one - and still expect to catch some hell for some picks. lol

    This draft is going to be more fun than last year. Wild.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #6

    cal, first one out of the shoot... and with one I could live with... although I have to admit you've picked three or four names I do not know.

    Biggest reach I see, yes, even bigger than Trubs, is Heck at top of the 6th. He's strictly UDFA material. Not many collegiate RTs from middle-of-the-pack programs, e.g., UNC, go on to play OT in the NFL. There is simply very little good value in the OL prospects beyond Day 2 in this draft... and not all that much in Days 1 and 2 TBH.

    Instead of Heck another CB would be a way to go. CBs are pretty deep this draft... as they tend to be in most draft classes. Not as deep are the Safeties... so I would tend to go more in their direction in R2. But you did land King, who many think will end up being a FS in the NFL. Your broken-armed FS is also a small school kid, so he may well slide to Day 3. Jenkins should go at least a round before him... probably two.

    Gotta go do my mock now that the lemming has taken the dive...

    Good effort.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Thanks, I can't wait to see your mock. You are probably right - I had fun arguing with with it, though.

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Again, I like many of your ideas in terms of needs in mind Cal. The first round and top of round 2 don't seem bad at all. I'd consider Vandy's OT William Holden in round 5 instead of the WR. He's a 3 year starter that played right and left tackle projecting to be a RT or OG in the NFL. My take on WRs is we have a bunch of them that look like 5th rounders at this point so if we're going to go WR - go up high enough to where you can get a Cooper Kupp or a Zay Jones. They run nice routes, get open and CATCH the ball. I'm thinking our new slot Receiver is going to be Seth DeValve. If Potsy Gordon returns, they may move Coleman there for however long Gordon can pass the piss tests. He's fooled me about 3 or 4 times already so I stopped looking forward to celebrating the 12th of Never.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Holden is going on day two

  • Holden is going on day two

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @londonbrown said:

    Holden is going on day two

    Yeah, living here in Nashville - I've read/seen/heard him going anywhere from round 3 to round 5. I like his body of work and knowing how much they can bulk up that frame the next few years. Exciting prospect.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #11

    It's maddening - so subjective. I like the idea of Howard falling to 12.

    I hope Howard is there...I don't like taking Trubisky at 12, but like I said,

    if Howard is there, he IS the pick. It's just ridiculous to try to figure out

    what qb and where, later. If it's Garrett/Howard... would it be

    qb with one of the two second round picks? It's crazy.Way too much fun.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Took a look... a peek really... at Holden. Only one vid on him from '15 vs. Tennessee.

    OK run blocker on opponent at least shading him. Problematic anticipation if further away. Saw him downfield once crossfield... way late to any possible target. Called for holding on his first reverse seal attempt, but in at least three repeat assignments fared better. Too slow to cut off LB blasting inside to stuff 3rd & short attempt. O-fer the game on 2nd level assignments. Couple well executed cut blocks for which he was called for a chop once, but it was a marginal call as replay showed OG had disengaged prior to contact below the waist.

    Pretty much a liability in PassPro until very late in the game. Early was hopping into position and being driven back by a much smaller Vol DE. Barely got to speed rushes, but did get to nearly every one. QB had to step up on most of them. Starting in Q3 he was getting RB help chipping wide rushers. Fared a little better vs. bigger DE subbed in in 2nd half. In Q3 was still hopping... bigger DE caught him mid-hop and ripped him to ground. Whiffed an inside blitz, part of a jailbreak, on own 2-yard-line that netted TN a safety when QB was buried. Strong tendency to head-dip and engage with pads rather than extend arms... punch was never displayed.

    Very late in the tape, like the last series late, the hop was gone and a step-slide appeared. Don't know if it was fatigued induced or what, but it gave him more control. Maybe something there to work with? I'd be curious to see if he improved in 2016.

    Did get distracted by a couple Vandy RBs... especially #7, Ralph Webb, 5'10 200, who ripped off a nice run up the middle at the 1:20 mark showing acceleration, speed and more than a little power. Had a couple of nice other efforts as well. Apparently he's staying in school.

    Also a couple nice runs by #28, Dallas Rivers... also apparently staying put. not as "electric" as Webb, but maybe more power at 6'1 226.

    Holden is #74...

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #13

    My bad, it's

    *** Brian Hill, 6'1", 219 lbs, 4.54, RB. ***, not "brian cole". Don't know how "cole" got there........

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #14

    We're here to help...

    Were you constructing your draft while:

    • Listening to Nat King Cole?
    • Eating Cole slaw?
    • Treating a cole sore?
    • Watching Days of Thunder?
    • Listening to your Cole Porter collection?
    • Planning to trade for Cole Beasley?
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Or using cole cream to take away all that aging?

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Id be happy to see a Cole man who plays some good football......(I mean, really good).....at least one.....

    2 would be better......Ill light the way with my Cole man lantern....

  • We're here to help...

    Were you constructing your draft while:

    • Listening to Nat King Cole?
    • Eating Cole slaw?
    • Treating a cole sore?
    • Watching Days of Thunder?
    • Listening to your Cole Porter collection?
    • Planning to trade for Cole Beasley?
    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @tour2ma said:

    We're here to help...

    Were you constructing your draft while:

    • Listening to Nat King Cole?
    • Eating Cole slaw?
    • Treating a cole sore?
    • Watching Days of Thunder?
    • Listening to your Cole Porter collection?
    • Planning to trade for Cole Beasley?

    those are great, but the problem was, I was distracted, I was watching Cole Hand Luke on TV. I love the part where he says "still shakin, boss" but he was shaking the tree with a long string, while making his getaway.

  • Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Great mock!

    Couldn't ask for any better IMO. Nailed it.