It's Cavs Time Now
-
12 F'ing runs in the 6th inning. This team may be in last place, but they keep showing improvement on new, humiliating ways to lose games.
I'm obviously not turning in my lifetime Tribe fanhood, but there isn't any question on what team every Cleveland fan should be following right now. It's amazing how night and day these teams are looking next to eachother.
I'm no fairweather fan and I'll be there in August and September win or lose, but, well, refer to the topic title.
-
Paging Masa Kobayashi for Continental Flight # 544 to Chicago with a connection
to Toyko Japan. Your Flight is now ready to board.
Paging Ben Francisco For Continental Flight # 77 to Buffalo New York. Your
flight is now ready for boarding.
-
I know it's too early to call, who knows if Greinke or (Miguel) Cabrera or someone gets injured, and I'm never a doom and gloom guy anyway. I know we have the talent to compete in this relatively weak division. But to get out of the cellar, we have to string together wins. Through, what, about 30 games? We've shown absolutely nothing that makes me think we can go on a nice, long winning streak. Never is there a game we lead after 6, turn it over to the pen, then hand the ball to Wood to close it out.
I said earlier I loved moving Laffey to the pen and it worked wonders, but you obviously can't count on that more than twice (maaaaaybe three times) a week. Until we start showing some form of coherence and stability, I don't see this team doing much worth watching.
My opinion on the team hasn't really changed much, we've been in the cellar all year and we still have nowhere to go but up, but watching the Cavs mow down the Hawks (again) is just a thing of beauty right now. A team that actually makes me smile and laugh just watching them play. Even when the Indians win this year it's just been a sigh of relief.
Like I said, I'm still going to be here in August and September but it's no decision at all for me what team is my top priority the next few weeks.
-
It may be a little early to say this, but I am an eternal pessimist.........put a fork in the Tribe for this year, they are done. Does anyone think with the problems they are having with the team that they will make the playoffs this year, because I don't. I hope I am wrong and they string some victories together later in the season, but the bullpen is brutal, and the starting pitching is below average right now.
Oh well, the Cavs are kicking ass....so GO CAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
I know it's too early to call, who knows if Greinke or (Miguel) Cabrera or someone gets injured, and I'm never a doom and gloom guy anyway. I know we have the talent to compete in this relatively weak division. But to get out of the cellar, we have to string together wins. Through, what, about 30 games? We've shown absolutely nothing that makes me think we can go on a nice, long winning streak. Never is there a game we lead after 6, turn it over to the pen, then hand the ball to Wood to close it out.
I said earlier I loved moving Laffey to the pen and it worked wonders, but you obviously can't count on that more than twice (maaaaaybe three times) a week. Until we start showing some form of coherence and stability, I don't see this team doing much worth watching.
My opinion on the team hasn't really changed much, we've been in the cellar all year and we still have nowhere to go but up, but watching the Cavs mow down the Hawks (again) is just a thing of beauty right now. A team that actually makes me smile and laugh just watching them play. Even when the Indians win this year it's just been a sigh of relief.
Like I said, I'm still going to be here in August and September but it's no decision at all for me what team is my top priority the next few weeks.
Like I said, I'm still going to be here in August and September but it's no decision at all for me what team is my top priority the next few weeks.
Agree with every word. I'm more interested in the Cavs and Oldcrow's daughters softball team than I am the Tribe right now.
Beanpot
Luis Vizcaino to the rescue?
-
I told my staff this morning that at least I feel young again as this is the same damn team I watched in HS in 1987
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login