Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Sheldon richardson

Sheldon richardson

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
36 Posts 10 Posters 1.0k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Russell78 R
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    R Russell78 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Would we have any interest in him? If so what is his value? Our 4-1?

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
      • 30k Posts
      • 6k Reputation
      Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I know I would have interest, but I'm not sure he's the same player he was before his 2015 injury.

      As with any one-year rental given where we are in our building process, I'd need an extension signed... at least two-years... and I think agreeing on a contract would be problematic.

      Price? I honestly don't know what he's worth right now, but our 4.01 pick feels about right... not sure the Jets would agree tho...

      "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
      gumby73G 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Russell78 R
        • 7 Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        R Russell78 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Thx Tour, yeah I agree with u on the contract extension and not knowing what kind of value the jets place on him

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
          • 13k Posts
          • 5k Reputation
          tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Jets are probably looking for a 2nd, can't imagine them agreeing to less.

          Much like our own Alex Mack, the year after an injury can be a shakey one. If the doctors give him the ok, I'd be on board. As mentioned, I'd need an extension signed but the first hill to conquer is the trade cost.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Unsympathetic U Reacting Well Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 4k Posts
            • 1k Reputation
            U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
            #5

            He's no Danny Shelton.. The reason he's only worth a 4 is because he was injured/"unmotivated" in 2016.

            This would be "buying high" on a FA who could be the next Albert Haynesworth.

            I'd rather lock up Danny and bet on the return of the Des to his pre-injury form at DT.

            The more labels you have for yourself, the dumber they make you. "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." Paul Brown
            tiamat63T 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • U Unsympathetic

              He's no Danny Shelton.. The reason he's only worth a 4 is because he was injured/"unmotivated" in 2016.

              This would be "buying high" on a FA who could be the next Albert Haynesworth.

              I'd rather lock up Danny and bet on the return of the Des to his pre-injury form at DT.

              tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
              • 13k Posts
              • 5k Reputation
              tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @unsympathetic said:

              He's no Danny Shelton.. The reason he's only worth a 4 is because he was injured/"unmotivated" in 2016.

              This would be "buying high" on a FA who could be the next Albert Haynesworth.

              I'd rather lock up Danny and bet on the return of the Des to his pre-injury form at DT.

              Two different types of players you're comparing.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                I know I would have interest, but I'm not sure he's the same player he was before his 2015 injury.

                As with any one-year rental given where we are in our building process, I'd need an extension signed... at least two-years... and I think agreeing on a contract would be problematic.

                Price? I honestly don't know what he's worth right now, but our 4.01 pick feels about right... not sure the Jets would agree tho...

                gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 11k Posts
                • 4k Reputation
                gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
                #7

                @tour2ma said:

                but I'm not sure he's the same player he was before his 2015 injury. TRUE THAT!!

                I'd need an extension signed... at least two-years... and I think agreeing on a contract would be problematic. AGREE ON EXTENSION//CAN WILLIAMS GET SOME CAP PLEASE!!

                Price? I honestly don't know what he's worth right now, but our 4.01 pick feels about right... not sure the Jets would agree tho...PEDS/INJURY/POT..LATE 3RD AT MOST

                Price? We just paid Britt a mint & Arssswalder just to go away in Houston & he's still here with more than 50M to spend..Poor Gregg Williams even bought a OL 😉 A perfect 3 tech to help Garrett not name Allen or Thomas that won't hit 12..Pay Him Too..

                @tiamat63 said:

                Jets are probably looking for a 2nd, can't imagine them agreeing to less.

                Prefer a 3rd with past PED & pot history..If we got to give a 2nd or 3rd. what do you think of Bama's DT Tomlinson vs deal for Shelton Richardson? On tape bama's LB's seemed to feed on success, but Tomlinson/Allen seemed to be there pathway?

                Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
                MudflyM tiamat63T 2 Replies Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • gumby73G gumby73

                  @tour2ma said:

                  but I'm not sure he's the same player he was before his 2015 injury. TRUE THAT!!

                  I'd need an extension signed... at least two-years... and I think agreeing on a contract would be problematic. AGREE ON EXTENSION//CAN WILLIAMS GET SOME CAP PLEASE!!

                  Price? I honestly don't know what he's worth right now, but our 4.01 pick feels about right... not sure the Jets would agree tho...PEDS/INJURY/POT..LATE 3RD AT MOST

                  Price? We just paid Britt a mint & Arssswalder just to go away in Houston & he's still here with more than 50M to spend..Poor Gregg Williams even bought a OL 😉 A perfect 3 tech to help Garrett not name Allen or Thomas that won't hit 12..Pay Him Too..

                  @tiamat63 said:

                  Jets are probably looking for a 2nd, can't imagine them agreeing to less.

                  Prefer a 3rd with past PED & pot history..If we got to give a 2nd or 3rd. what do you think of Bama's DT Tomlinson vs deal for Shelton Richardson? On tape bama's LB's seemed to feed on success, but Tomlinson/Allen seemed to be there pathway?

                  Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 7k Posts
                  • 1k Reputation
                  MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
                  #8

                  @gumby73 said:

                  Price? We just paid Britt a mint & Arssswalder just to go away in Houston & he's still here with more than 50M to spend..

                  and there in lies the rub......Browns said they would spend "wisely" in FA....

                  and all I see is us vastly over paying for a very average(and older) receiver.....

                  and even worse?.....spending $16 million on a guy who cant even play?.....and their answer to that is "we got a second round pick"...

                  Well, let me tell you that 2nd round pick aint shit if that selection cant play.....Id venture to say that SAME $16 million coulda bought us a couple or several "good" proven FA players, ready to go right now.....but, instead, we bought "more hope"...(instead of more players)....

                  No one will ever convince me that $16 m spent on a pick is better than $16 m spent on an actual player....(or 2....or 3)....

                  and this is pre-paid way way in advance....considering that pick wont happen till next year....then a couple-few years to develop said player....etc etc etc

                  Been smh for so long it hurts

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • wargograw W One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 5k Posts
                    • 363 Reputation
                    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    We still have money to spend. So be mad that THAT wasn't spent, not that that the $16M is.

                    MudflyM 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • W wargograw

                      We still have money to spend. So be mad that THAT wasn't spent, not that that the $16M is.

                      Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 7k Posts
                      • 1k Reputation
                      MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
                      #10

                      @wargograw said:

                      We still have money to spend. So be mad that THAT wasn't spent, not that that the $16M is.

                      Please....for the hundreth time- please stop telling me what to be mad at and what to say.....It's not your job....(tho you think it is)

                      Im mad because they make stupid decisions.....

                      and, yeah....Im mad that they didnt spend more....on some actual quality players.....yep...mad as hell....

                      Funny part of this deal is that both teams are sitting home laughing at the other.....acting smug and stupid....at the same time

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • wargograw W One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 5k Posts
                        • 363 Reputation
                        W wargograw wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Don't be mad at such ridiculous, unreasonable crap, and I won't.

                        You're mad they make stupid decisions, and your provided reasoning for that anger is an objectively smart (brilliant, really) decision.

                        I don't know a single Texans fan laughing at us for doing the deal. And I know a lot more Texans fans than you. I even heard an interview with an in-house Texans reporter (John Harris) who praised the Browns. Don't call me stupid when you make a remarkably stupid, FALSE assertion.

                        MudflyM 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • W wargograw

                          Don't be mad at such ridiculous, unreasonable crap, and I won't.

                          You're mad they make stupid decisions, and your provided reasoning for that anger is an objectively smart (brilliant, really) decision.

                          I don't know a single Texans fan laughing at us for doing the deal. And I know a lot more Texans fans than you. I even heard an interview with an in-house Texans reporter (John Harris) who praised the Browns. Don't call me stupid when you make a remarkably stupid, FALSE assertion.

                          Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 7k Posts
                          • 1k Reputation
                          MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
                          #12

                          Sigh....we've had this discussion a million times now Wargo....why you constantly choose to attack peoples opinions and tell them what to and not to post baffles me.....if you have a football opinion...say it....why the need to constantly belittle others opinions. when you rarely offer one yourself???

                          @wargograw said:

                          Don't be mad at such ridiculous, unreasonable crap, and I won't.

                          Thats 2 posts, in a row, starting with "what I should or shouldnt feel".....I dont care one bit what your mad at....not a drop....and you shouldnt be so concerned with what Im mad at...yet, 2 in a row...

                          You're mad they make stupid decisions

                          Yes I am. Whether you want me to be or not....

                          I don't know a single Texans fan laughing at us for doing the deal.

                          So?....good for you?

                          And I know a lot more Texans fans than you.

                          Your problem, not mine...

                          I even heard an interview with an in-house Texans reporter (John Harris) who praised the Browns.

                          Well then.....thats it.....cause John Harris says so.....(Wargograw too)

                          Don't call me stupid when you make a remarkably stupid, FALSE assertion.

                          I didnt call you stupid or make a single comment about you(twas you coming after me...just a couple posts back....read it)......I called the Browns and Texans stupid....

                          BUT.....glad to see you've pulled out the ole "stupid" name calling card for me.....how nice and trollish of you.....you attack my opinion....twice tell me what to feel and say....then call me stupid....nice guy(a real winner you are)

                          This(conversation and your reply) are the reasons I have zero respect for you/...

                          Always regret when I view it anyway

                          W 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • gumby73G gumby73

                            @tour2ma said:

                            but I'm not sure he's the same player he was before his 2015 injury. TRUE THAT!!

                            I'd need an extension signed... at least two-years... and I think agreeing on a contract would be problematic. AGREE ON EXTENSION//CAN WILLIAMS GET SOME CAP PLEASE!!

                            Price? I honestly don't know what he's worth right now, but our 4.01 pick feels about right... not sure the Jets would agree tho...PEDS/INJURY/POT..LATE 3RD AT MOST

                            Price? We just paid Britt a mint & Arssswalder just to go away in Houston & he's still here with more than 50M to spend..Poor Gregg Williams even bought a OL 😉 A perfect 3 tech to help Garrett not name Allen or Thomas that won't hit 12..Pay Him Too..

                            @tiamat63 said:

                            Jets are probably looking for a 2nd, can't imagine them agreeing to less.

                            Prefer a 3rd with past PED & pot history..If we got to give a 2nd or 3rd. what do you think of Bama's DT Tomlinson vs deal for Shelton Richardson? On tape bama's LB's seemed to feed on success, but Tomlinson/Allen seemed to be there pathway?

                            tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                            • 13k Posts
                            • 5k Reputation
                            tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @gumby73 said:

                            Price? We just paid Britt a mint & Arssswalder just to go away in Houston & he's still here with more than 50M to spend..Poor Gregg Williams even bought a OL 😉 A perfect 3 tech to help Garrett not name Allen or Thomas that won't hit 12..Pay Him Too..

                            Prefer a 3rd with past PED & pot history..If we got to give a 2nd or 3rd. what do you think of Bama's DT Tomlinson vs deal for Shelton Richardson? On tape bama's LB's seemed to feed on success, but Tomlinson/Allen seemed to be there pathway?

                            Haven't watched Tomlinson.

                            In all honesty, this is the first time in 5 years I haven't been able to watch significant cutups. I tend to not give opinions on players if I haven't seen them for myself.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • choco chocoC
                              • 4k Posts
                              • 352 Reputation
                              chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Mud...Your myopic view is tiresome. You're takes used to be interesting and football related...Now you're just another in the long list of whiners that didn't get what they wanted under the tree.

                              Onto the list with you...

                              C MudflyM 2 Replies Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 23k Posts
                                • 6k Reputation
                                T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Mud will be recovered by draft night. Happens every year. 😉

                                MudflyM 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • chocoC choco

                                  Mud...Your myopic view is tiresome. You're takes used to be interesting and football related...Now you're just another in the long list of whiners that didn't get what they wanted under the tree.

                                  Onto the list with you...

                                  Clevfan4life C Banned Very Popular
                                  • 24k Posts
                                  • 1k Reputation
                                  C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by Clevfan4life
                                  #16

                                  @choco said:

                                  Onto the list with you...

                                  No, no not that.....not "the" list right?

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                    • 30k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Alphabetically Mud should go right above Billy Pilgrim...

                                    "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                                    T 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                                      • 13k Posts
                                      • 5k Reputation
                                      tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      Went back and watched some of Tomlinson.

                                      Weight wise he looks like he's a little bigger than Allen, but can't be by much - 15lbs tops? I'm curious as to his arm measurements because he's got some long ass arms and he does a solid job using them to get initial contact

                                      on the oline. After contact there are times his arms collapse, he soaks up to his man and just dances. Single blocked pretty often in pass pro. When Allen was on the field you could see the both had an extra gear. His burst and strength aren't anything to write home about, though he moves well enough for a big man. He plays hard whistle to whistle, gets skinny against double teams and has good awareness for getting his hands up into passing lanes when he can't get home with pressure.

                                      Haven't watched enough to give him a grade, I'll see if I can get that done later tonight.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      👍
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                                        Alphabetically Mud should go right above Billy Pilgrim...

                                        TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 23k Posts
                                        • 6k Reputation
                                        T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @tour2ma said:

                                        Alphabetically Mud should go right above Billy Pilgrim...

                                        I think actually that puts Valerie Perrine right between them. Not a bad place to be. 😆

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • chocoC choco

                                          Mud...Your myopic view is tiresome. You're takes used to be interesting and football related...Now you're just another in the long list of whiners that didn't get what they wanted under the tree.

                                          Onto the list with you...

                                          Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 7k Posts
                                          • 1k Reputation
                                          MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @choco said:

                                          Mud...Your myopic view is tiresome. You're takes used to be interesting and football related...Now you're just another in the long list of whiners that didn't get what they wanted under the tree.

                                          Onto the list with you...

                                          Whoops.....lucky thing I dont care what you think then,,,eh?

                                          Amazing how my great football takes turn to crap as soon as they oppose other peoples view.....

                                          Call a pretty person pretty and they think your brilliant.....call and ugly person ugly and they hate you....

                                          Sorry I had to pull out the ugly.....Im sure my takes will instantly improve, as soon as I talk nice about the Browns....

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate