Skip to content

"Pro" Class of '17 QB Evaluations

The Browns Board
23 8 815
  • @londonbrown said:

    Clearly I'm no expert but how Mahomes and Trubisky can be graded higher than Kizer is baffling to me. They both have severe flaws I can't see being rectified

    And Kizer doesn't?

    I agree that Mahomes is a shitshow, but I like Trubisky WAY more than Kizer.

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    And Kizer doesn't?

    I agree that Mahomes is a shitshow, but I like Trubisky WAY more than Kizer.

    And just to make the discussion complete...

    Gun to my head at 12? I take Watson...

  • 49mph velocity on the gun not concern you Tour?

    I see little upgrade in Watson over Kessler. Kizer could be a star Watson doesn't have that ceiling

  • 49mph velocity on the gun not concern you Tour?

    I see little upgrade in Watson over Kessler. Kizer could be a star Watson doesn't have that ceiling

    @londonbrown said:

    49mph velocity on the gun not concern you Tour?

    No, because I don't see "49" on tape... if you look at Watson's arm whip when he cuts loose, there is a lot of snap there.

  • lol... From reddit's Browns sub...

    http://i.imgur.com/yjW3i6P.gifv

  • @londonbrown said:

    49mph velocity on the gun not concern you Tour?

    No, because I don't see "49" on tape... if you look at Watson's arm whip when he cuts loose, there is a lot of snap there.

    @tour2ma said:

    No, because I don't see "49" on tape... if you look at Watson's arm whip when he cuts loose, there is a lot of snap there.

    I agree with this to a point. It is that 49MPH however that keeps from putting him ahead of Trubisky, personally.

  • Clearly I'm no expert but how Mahomes and Trubisky can be graded higher than Kizer is baffling to me. They both have severe flaws I can't see being rectified

    @londonbrown said:

    Clearly I'm no expert but how Mahomes and Trubisky can be graded higher than Kizer is baffling to me. They both have severe flaws I can't see being rectified

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    And Kizer doesn't?

    I agree that Mahomes is a shitshow, but I like Trubisky WAY more than Kizer.

    I agree, of the four, (Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes, Kizer) MHO is Kizer will be the last qb taken. Heck Webb might even go before Deshone. Accuracy and slow release are things near impossible to fix.

  • That velocity reading is meh. It's not a science, nor is it official, nor does it really show anything.

    If it was indicative of actual arm strength, Colt McCoy would have a stronger arm than Flacco and Austin Davis would have a stronger arm than Cam Newton.

  • That velocity reading is meh. It's not a science, nor is it official, nor does it really show anything.

    If it was indicative of actual arm strength, Colt McCoy would have a stronger arm than Flacco and Austin Davis would have a stronger arm than Cam Newton.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    That velocity reading is meh. It's not a science, nor is it official, nor does it really show anything.

    agree 100%....I think its just a BS stat.....people gotta talk about something......

    Lets just thank god his hands aren't 1/4" shorter too.......or it'd be over.....

  • That velocity reading is meh. It's not a science, nor is it official, nor does it really show anything.

    If it was indicative of actual arm strength, Colt McCoy would have a stronger arm than Flacco and Austin Davis would have a stronger arm than Cam Newton.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    That velocity reading is meh. It's not a science, nor is it official, nor does it really show anything.

    Which is why I've argued that the NFL needs to take this "measurement" over...

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    That velocity reading is meh. It's not a science, nor is it official, nor does it really show anything.

    Which is why I've argued that the NFL needs to take this "measurement" over...

    @tour2ma said:

    Which is why I've argued that the NFL needs to take this "measurement" over...

    That would be one step toward making it legitimate. Even still, there's going to be a decent margin for error unless they're using laser gate timing...and then it kind of defeats the purpose because every prospect is just going to try and muscle up a rocket and that's not really a good indicator of anything.