A Southerner's Shot @ the Draft
-
Skipper was my Browns Mr. Irrelevant.And I put him on the other side so he can't fuck over Garrett in practice even.
So you aren't moving Garrett around?

-
I like that draft more than others I've seen on here. I'd just like to stay away from Foster
-
4. (52) Zack Cunningham VANDY OLB -plenty of safeties for later - get a good OLB while still there.3. (33) Adoree Jackson USC CB -Do it all will add a lot to ST return game as well as CB.1. (1) Garrett TAMU DE -nuff said.2. (12) Allen DT or Foster BAMA ILB -because one of the two will still be there.
5. (65) Jordan Willis KSU DE - he may be gone by now, but if he is there!? our staff saw his Senior Bowl work up close.
6. (108) Eddie Jackson BAMA S -underrated player who is hopefully my steal of the draft.7. (142) Tanzel Smart TULANE DT -in case Allen is gone @ 12.
8. (145) D'Onta Foreman Texas RB -ok I finally take an O player because we need some RB depth. He can get the tough yards in the red zone and has speed if the new OL can open a big hole.9. (177) Josh Reynolds TAMA WR - 6'4" not quite an Evans but the best they have had and did well in senior bowl practices in front of Browns staff.10. (183) Chad Kelly Ole Miss QB - potential is there for either a playa or a Johnny Football. Why not?11. (187) Dan Skipper ARK OT- 6'10" with a long reach - my one concession to the OL. Makes the conversion to RT from LT.4. (52) ZAY frigin JONES--WR-ECU3. (33) A. Adoree Jackson USC CB OR JOSH JONES-SS- NCSU1. (1) Garrett TAMU DE -nuff said. CHECK-SACK Asarus Rex2. (12) A.WE PICK & TRADE MCCAFFERY OR HOWARD. A.JIMMY G. B.MITCH C.WATSON5. (65) TRADED FOR SHELTON RICHARDSON--move to 3 tech IF NOT TE-JAKE BUTT-ICKIGAN-(we don't need a starter..yet) 6. 108.) NO SHELTON--OK TOMLINSON-BAMA CARLOS WATKINS-CLEMSON OGUNJOBI-NCC WILL DO
7. (142)RB- DOnde FOREMAN or JAMAR WILLIAMS-BYU(knows pro style game. just quick it up)8. (145) OPPOSITE POSITION OF #33. SEEMS MAQUEZ WHITE-CB-FSU STILL ON BOARD
9. (177) PICK ANY DEPTH YOU WANT--TOLEDO-TE-MICHEAL ROBERTS still around if need.(TRADED?)10. (183) FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY TAKE THE BEST PK AVAILABLE--ZANE GONZALEZ-K-ZONA ST.(they got birds)11. (187) PICK YOUR OTHER DEPTH YOU WANT(TRADED?)When computer won't tab, best I can do
NC is in the South(thanks AG)^^^^MOST IN CAPS... we will call it, "Pigeons, GET OFF OUR LAWN" Mock Draft.. -
I like the draft too Ag.....of course, all that D assures that.....
My main beef is similar to Tours......basically, FS tops my list......SS would be nice too.......but forgoing those 2 key options(when there are great ones available) to pick an extra couple of DL is not where Id be.....Drop Allen and give me Adams...or Hooker....Budda....anyone....
BUT.............LOVE the Adore pick......I want him too......(for all the same reasons)!!!
-
Biggest issue I'd have is with the focus on the front 7... 5 of your top 7 are spent there. No issues with any of the individual picks, in fact I like them all, just not the cumulative effect which is to under emphasize our 2ndary.
What would you do at 142, if you did land Allen at 12?
Only other comment is might be a tad optimistic on your last four falling quite as low as you nab them.
Skipper is the name I like least in your entire mock. For that it's him, but also because we already have a 6'10 OT rostered. Then again we could run a double, low-post offense...

I'll tell you what I would do if I got Allen at 12. I'd change my pants.Biggest issue I'd have is with the focus on the front 7... 5 of your top 7 are spent there. No issues with any of the individual picks, in fact I like them all, just not the cumulative effect which is to under emphasize our 2ndary.
What would you do at 142, if you did land Allen at 12?
Only other comment is might be a tad optimistic on your last four falling quite as low as you nab them.
Skipper is the name I like least in your entire mock. For that it's him, but also because we already have a 6'10 OT rostered. Then again we could run a double, low-post offense...

-
I like the draft too Ag.....of course, all that D assures that.....
My main beef is similar to Tours......basically, FS tops my list......SS would be nice too.......but forgoing those 2 key options(when there are great ones available) to pick an extra couple of DL is not where Id be.....Drop Allen and give me Adams...or Hooker....Budda....anyone....
BUT.............LOVE the Adore pick......I want him too......(for all the same reasons)!!!
My main beef is similar to Tours......basically, FS tops my list......SS would be nice too.......but forgoing those 2 key options(when there are great ones available) to pick an extra couple of DL is not where Id be.....Drop Allen and give me Adams...or Hooker....Budda....anyone....
So which Safety do you draft at 12 with Hooker and Adams off the board?
I ask because in all probability they will be gone, and you cannot seriously be considering one of them at #1 overall... Can you?
I'll tell you what I would do if I got Allen at 12. I'd change my pants.
So... you'd draft a pair of Levi's?

-
My main beef is similar to Tours......basically, FS tops my list......SS would be nice too.......but forgoing those 2 key options(when there are great ones available) to pick an extra couple of DL is not where Id be.....Drop Allen and give me Adams...or Hooker....Budda....anyone....
So which Safety do you draft at 12 with Hooker and Adams off the board?
I ask because in all probability they will be gone, and you cannot seriously be considering one of them at #1 overall... Can you?
I'll tell you what I would do if I got Allen at 12. I'd change my pants.
So... you'd draft a pair of Levi's?

So which Safety do you draft at 12 with Hooker and Adams off the board?
I ask because in all probability they will be gone, and you cannot seriously be considering one of them at #1 overall... Can you?
Right....I dont take a safety at 12 if those 2 are gone....I probably tap a CB - LB - TE from my top 8 and get my safety in the 2nd....
Baker and Williams should be there.....
-
Follow up...
If you get Baker as a consolation prize, how big of a falloff from Hooker do you see? If Hooker's a 10, what is Baker?
Ditto... for Williams?
Follow up...
If you get Baker as a consolation prize, how big of a falloff from Hooker do you see? If Hooker's a 10, what is Baker?
Ditto... for Williams?
I dont think Id call Hooker a 10......and honestly, I have him well below Adams..... and think Budda and Williams both have a more "complete" game....
Bottom line.....Hooker has a more limited history to go by....and is not an exceptional tackler or very valuable in run support.....but he is off the charts in talent....ball skills....tracking and coverage......and, therefore, must have amazing instincts and football sense.....and that "off the charts" part is what has him in the top 10.......
As a complete safety....Id give Hooker an 8....and Budda an 8.....and Williams a 7.....and would take Hooker based upon the higher ceiling......
-
To be clear... I wasn't saying "Hooker's a 10", but as the benchmark FS in the draft, I assigned him the 10 arbitrarily for you to scale off of. On an absolute scale? An 8 feels about right, but I'd go 9 due to ball skills more than offsetting any tackling/run support deficiencies.
I don't see Baker his equal primarily due to Hooker's superior ball skills at range. So if restricted to whole numbers then I'd put one point lower on him... an 8.
Williams??? I like him better than Baker primarily because I see him being more durable with equal skills... just less "abandon". Can I give him an 8a?
-
or...7....7.5....8...?
Im having more and more misgivings about Hooker....not sure why.....but durability....tackling....experience are all huge ???? to me
Im having more and more misgivings about Hooker....not sure why.....but durability....tackling....experience are all huge ???? to me
Share those concerns... but the talent, his centerfield talent, has actually moved me in the opposite direction. Sufficiently moved me to where I can see taking him at 12, which is not where I started.
See you in the middle...
-
yeah....I still have him up there....(just worrying a bit).....but he has sooooo many spectacular plays.....some of them are just amazing....
Who wouldnt want that?
yeah....I still have him up there....(just worrying a bit).....but he has sooooo many spectacular plays.....some of them are just amazing....
Who wouldnt want that?
Does he remind you of anyone who has played for us?
He does me... and I'll reveal in a bit... don't want to poison the well.
-
Weird to have different takes? Maybe... if we were staring at the same thing... at the same time... What color was that dress?
When Gip emerged he had that "centerfiielder quality". I thought we were set with him for a long time... and then he went and broke his leg.
-
4. (52) Zack Cunningham VANDY OLB -plenty of safeties for later - get a good OLB while still there.3. (33) Adoree Jackson USC CB -Do it all will add a lot to ST return game as well as CB.1. (1) Garrett TAMU DE -nuff said.2. (12) Allen DT or Foster BAMA ILB -because one of the two will still be there.
5. (65) Jordan Willis KSU DE - he may be gone by now, but if he is there!? our staff saw his Senior Bowl work up close.
6. (108) Eddie Jackson BAMA S -underrated player who is hopefully my steal of the draft.7. (142) Tanzel Smart TULANE DT -in case Allen is gone @ 12.
8. (145) D'Onta Foreman Texas RB -ok I finally take an O player because we need some RB depth. He can get the tough yards in the red zone and has speed if the new OL can open a big hole.9. (177) Josh Reynolds TAMA WR - 6'4" not quite an Evans but the best they have had and did well in senior bowl practices in front of Browns staff.10. (183) Chad Kelly Ole Miss QB - potential is there for either a playa or a Johnny Football. Why not?11. (187) Dan Skipper ARK OT- 6'10" with a long reach - my one concession to the OL. Makes the conversion to RT from LT.4. (52) Zack Cunningham VANDY OLB -plenty of safeties for later - get a good OLB while still there.3. (33) Adoree Jackson USC CB -Do it all will add a lot to ST return game as well as CB.1. (1) Garrett TAMU DE -nuff said.2. (12) Allen DT or Foster BAMA ILB -because one of the two will still be there.5. (65) Jordan Willis KSU DE - he may be gone by now, but if he is there!? our staff saw his Senior Bowl work up close.
6. (108) Eddie Jackson BAMA S -underrated player who is hopefully my steal of the draft.7. (142) Tanzel Smart TULANE DT -in case Allen is gone @ 12.8. (145) D'Onta Foreman Texas RB -ok I finally take an O player because we need some RB depth. He can get the tough yards in the red zone and has speed if the new OL can open a big hole.
9. (177) Josh Reynolds TAMA WR - 6'4" not quite an Evans but the best they have had and did well in senior bowl practices in front of Browns staff.10. (183) Chad Kelly Ole Miss QB - potential is there for either a playa or a Johnny Football. Why not?11. (187) Dan Skipper ARK OT- 6'10" with a long reach - my one concession to the OL. Makes the conversion to RT from LT.Reynolds showed stone hands at pro day , Kelly won't get drafted
-
4. (52) Zack Cunningham VANDY OLB -plenty of safeties for later - get a good OLB while still there.3. (33) Adoree Jackson USC CB -Do it all will add a lot to ST return game as well as CB.1. (1) Garrett TAMU DE -nuff said.2. (12) Allen DT or Foster BAMA ILB -because one of the two will still be there.
5. (65) Jordan Willis KSU DE - he may be gone by now, but if he is there!? our staff saw his Senior Bowl work up close.
6. (108) Eddie Jackson BAMA S -underrated player who is hopefully my steal of the draft.7. (142) Tanzel Smart TULANE DT -in case Allen is gone @ 12.8. (145) D'Onta Foreman Texas RB -ok I finally take an O player because we need some RB depth. He can get the tough yards in the red zone and has speed if the new OL can open a big hole.
9. (177) Josh Reynolds TAMA WR - 6'4" not quite an Evans but the best they have had and did well in senior bowl practices in front of Browns staff.10. (183) Chad Kelly Ole Miss QB - potential is there for either a playa or a Johnny Football. Why not?11. (187) Dan Skipper ARK OT- 6'10" with a long reach - my one concession to the OL. Makes the conversion to RT from LT.Reynolds showed stone hands at pro day , Kelly won't get drafted
And yet Renolds is
Reynolds showed stone hands at pro day , Kelly won't get drafted
And yet Reynolds is rated exactly at # 177 (same as Browns pick) in CBS prospects rating. He did well enough in front of Browns staff in the senior Bowl practices to negate the not so great pro day. Got to look at his overall college career so 177 is the perfect place to take him if he's there still. I think he goes higher, just don't know how high.
Somebody will draft Kelly late IMO. If we don't get one earlier and don't use that slot for a trade up deal, then we got little to lose. Picked Skipper for the same reason. PS guy that just might be able to convert to RT from LT. More likely a UFA.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

