Skip to content

My 2 Round Mock Draft

The Browns Board
34 14 964
  • I dont know how people manage to do 7 rounds...2 took me an eternity to do ....biggest faller Deshone Kizer...biggest surprises Caleb Brantley and Justin Evans ....tear it to bits guys

    ROUND 1

    Browns Myles Garrett DE

    49rs Soloman Thomas DE

    Bears Jamal Adams S

    Jags Leonard Fournette RB

    Titans Marshon Lattimore CB

    Jets Mitch Trubisky QB

    Chargers Malik Hooker S

    Panthers Derek Barnett DE

    Bengals Jonathan Allen DT

    Bills Mike Williams WR

    Saints Reuben Foster LB

    Browns OJ Howard TE

    Cards Patrick Mahomes QB

    Eagles Caleb Brantley DT

    Colts Delvin Cook RB

    Ravens Corey Davis WR

    Redskins Christian McCaffrey RB

    Titans John Ross WR

    Buccs Justin Evans S

    Broncos Ryan Ramczyk OT

    Lions Taco Charlton DE

    Dolphins Tre Davious White CB

    Giants Jabrill. Peppers LB

    Raiders Jarrad Davis LB

    Texans Deshaun Watson QB

    Seahawks Forrest Lamp OG

    Chiefs Malik McDowell DT

    Cowboys Marlon Humphrey CB

    Packers Takk McKinley DE

    Steelers Zach Cunningham LB

    Falcons David Njoku TE

    Saints Haason Reddick LB

    ROUND 2

    Browns Garreon Conley CB

    49rs Gerald Everett TE

    Jags Evan Engram TE

    Bears Garrett Bolles OT

    Rams Budda Baker S

    Chargers Cam Robinson OT

    Jets Cordrea Tankersley CB

    Panthers Joe Mixon RB

    Bengals Raekwon McMillen LB

    Saints Zay Jones WR

    Eagles Alvin Kamara RB

    Bills Teez Tabor CB

    Cards Adoree Jackson CB

    Colts Tim Williams DE/OLB

    Ravens Ryan Anderson OLB

    Vikings Montavious Adams DT

    Redskins Marcus Maye S

    Buccs Samaje Perine RB

    Broncos TJ Watt LB

    Browns Marcus Williams S

    Lions Antonio Garcia OT

    Dolphins Carl Lawson OLB

    Giants Demarcus Walker DE

    Raiders Charles Harris DE

    Texans Dan Feeney OG

    Seahawks Kevin King CB

    Chiefs Deshone Kizer QB

    Cowboys Obi Melfonwu S

    Packers Chidobe Awuzie CB

    Steelers Tyus Bowser OLB

    Falcons Chris Wormley DE

    Panthers Cooper Kupp WR

  • No indictment of yours darren, just a general observation and question...

    Why has Cam Robinson been falling into the 2nd round in so many of the mocks I've been following...

  • Lots of pundits have him as a right tackle only in the NFL .....say he needs to lose weight and pick up speed to be a right tackle

  • Lots of pundits have him as a right tackle only in the NFL .....say he needs to lose weight and pick up speed to be a right tackle

    I was going to dump on a mere, two-round effort, but since you did every team rather than just the Browns, I can't...

    ... and now I hate you for that...

    @darren15 said:

    Lots of pundits have him as a right tackle only in the NFL .....say he needs to lose weight and pick up speed to be a right tackle

    ... and while his BAMA tape was generally good, he showed flaws, e.g., lowering his head into contact and not using his long arms to significant advantage. At best I saw him as a R1-2 cusp prospect. But then the only solid R1 I saw in the entire OL class was Lamp, who I think can perform at OT, but likely excels at OG at the next level.

    Then Cam's Combine drills ranged from ordinary to bad. Of his measurements only his 5.15-40 and 1.8-ish 10-yd split were close to impressive. He came off a little stiff-hipped in his field drills. Never have seen a Bench press result for him.

    The plus is Cam's feet. While he's not completely in command of how to use them to greatest advantage yet, e.g., currently shows more of a chopping retreat in PassPro than a kick-slide, he will probably develop that technique... out of necessity.

  • I was going to dump on a mere, two-round effort, but since you did every team rather than just the Browns, I can't...

    ... and now I hate you for that...

    @darren15 said:

    Lots of pundits have him as a right tackle only in the NFL .....say he needs to lose weight and pick up speed to be a right tackle

    ... and while his BAMA tape was generally good, he showed flaws, e.g., lowering his head into contact and not using his long arms to significant advantage. At best I saw him as a R1-2 cusp prospect. But then the only solid R1 I saw in the entire OL class was Lamp, who I think can perform at OT, but likely excels at OG at the next level.

    Then Cam's Combine drills ranged from ordinary to bad. Of his measurements only his 5.15-40 and 1.8-ish 10-yd split were close to impressive. He came off a little stiff-hipped in his field drills. Never have seen a Bench press result for him.

    The plus is Cam's feet. While he's not completely in command of how to use them to greatest advantage yet, e.g., currently shows more of a chopping retreat in PassPro than a kick-slide, he will probably develop that technique... out of necessity.

    @tour2ma said:

    I was going to dump on a mere, two-round effort, but since you did every team rather than just the Browns, I can't...

    ... and now I hate you for that...

    ... and while his BAMA tape was generally good, he showed flaws, e.g., lowering his head into contact and not using his long arms to significant advantage. At best I saw him as a R1-2 cusp prospect. But then the only solid R1 I saw in the entire OL class was Lamp, who I think can perform at OT, but likely excels at OG at the next level.

    Then Cam's Combine drills ranged from ordinary to bad. Of his measurements only his 5.15-40 and 1.8-ish 10-yd split were close to impressive. He came off a little stiff-hipped in his field drills. Never have seen a Bench press result for him.

    The plus is Cam's feet. While he's not completely in command of how to use them to greatest advantage yet, e.g., currently shows more of a chopping retreat in PassPro than a kick-slide, he will probably develop that technique... out of necessity.

    Sure you aren't talking about Brandon Schreff (Iowa?) from a couple years back. This sounds very familiar to me.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I was going to dump on a mere, two-round effort, but since you did every team rather than just the Browns, I can't...

    ... and now I hate you for that...

    ... and while his BAMA tape was generally good, he showed flaws, e.g., lowering his head into contact and not using his long arms to significant advantage. At best I saw him as a R1-2 cusp prospect. But then the only solid R1 I saw in the entire OL class was Lamp, who I think can perform at OT, but likely excels at OG at the next level.

    Then Cam's Combine drills ranged from ordinary to bad. Of his measurements only his 5.15-40 and 1.8-ish 10-yd split were close to impressive. He came off a little stiff-hipped in his field drills. Never have seen a Bench press result for him.

    The plus is Cam's feet. While he's not completely in command of how to use them to greatest advantage yet, e.g., currently shows more of a chopping retreat in PassPro than a kick-slide, he will probably develop that technique... out of necessity.

    Sure you aren't talking about Brandon Schreff (Iowa?) from a couple years back. This sounds very familiar to me.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Sure you aren't talking about Brandon Schreff (Iowa?) from a couple years back. This sounds very familiar to me.

    No way... I dumped on Scherff a lot harder. Can even remember starting with an "I just don't get what others are seeing" type comment and ended with something along the lines of a "maybe at OG, but not at OT". That said, he seems to have done better at OG than I'd have projected, but no one spends the pick WSH did on an OG.

    Dumped harder on Greg Robinson, too... although for the opposite reason as Cam. Greg's tape was really weak, IMO, but his Combine was great... had NFL folks drooling over his "athleticism".

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Sure you aren't talking about Brandon Schreff (Iowa?) from a couple years back. This sounds very familiar to me.

    No way... I dumped on Scherff a lot harder. Can even remember starting with an "I just don't get what others are seeing" type comment and ended with something along the lines of a "maybe at OG, but not at OT". That said, he seems to have done better at OG than I'd have projected, but no one spends the pick WSH did on an OG.

    Dumped harder on Greg Robinson, too... although for the opposite reason as Cam. Greg's tape was really weak, IMO, but his Combine was great... had NFL folks drooling over his "athleticism".

    @tour2ma said:

    No way... I dumped on Scherff a lot harder. Can even remember starting with an "I just don't get what others are seeing" type comment and ended with something along the lines of a "maybe at OG, but not at OT". That said, he seems to have done better at OG than I'd have projected, but no one spends the pick WSH did on an OG.

    Dumped harder on Greg Robinson, too... although for the opposite reason as Cam. Greg's tape was really weak, IMO, but his Combine was great... had NFL folks drooling over his "athleticism".

    Pretty sure there were a couple shots called on Schreff's need to be moved to guard.

    To Cams credit, I see him generate more push up front in the run game than I saw Brandon. This is the area I yield to you on, but would a similar 'draft high, kick him inside' situation happen in this draft?.... Yeah, I can see that happening. I feel Cam would be more effective on the interior than Schreff. Though he has come along nicely for Washington, his rookie year was.... just bad.

  • As is... I can't disagree, but I see OT possibilities in Cam.

    My biggest question mark this go 'round is Ramczyk... can't warm up to him and can't put my finger on why.

    I have two "loves" in the OL this class: Lamp and Dawkins. I think both can excel inside, but have a very good shot at being successful at OT to boot. And one value-like, UK's Center, Toth with an honorable mention to cal's guy, Moton.

    But any takes I have this year have to be looked at in the light that I did not deep dive after FA. I just don't see us as OL players this draft unless it is very late, e.g. tabbing Ole Miss' Justin Senior in the 6th, as I did in my mocks. So all I have are preliminary notes that I never took the time to post. It just seemed like it would be a waste of time.

    Just as weekly grading did during the 2016 season... still have Week 17 "in the can" in case I get super bored some afternoon, however.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Sure you aren't talking about Brandon Schreff (Iowa?) from a couple years back. This sounds very familiar to me.

    No way... I dumped on Scherff a lot harder. Can even remember starting with an "I just don't get what others are seeing" type comment and ended with something along the lines of a "maybe at OG, but not at OT". That said, he seems to have done better at OG than I'd have projected, but no one spends the pick WSH did on an OG.

    Dumped harder on Greg Robinson, too... although for the opposite reason as Cam. Greg's tape was really weak, IMO, but his Combine was great... had NFL folks drooling over his "athleticism".

    @tour2ma said:

    Dumped harder on Greg Robinson, too... although for the opposite reason as Cam. Greg's tape was really weak, IMO, but his Combine was great... had NFL folks drooling over his "athleticism".

    I remember Greg Cosell and Ross Tucker being baffled about Greg Robinsons draft status they hated him.

  • Jabrill Peppers, LB?

  • Jabrill Peppers, LB?

    @mld-woody said:

    Gerbil Peppers, LB?

    We don't have an overwhelming need at PR.

  • I'm asking if the OP actually thinks he's a LB?

  • Sorry I could of had him as a strong safety too but the official school thread has him as a linebacker

    http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jabrill_peppers_906061.html

  • I think Conley is terrific - but I can't imagine him falling out of the first round. He showed tremendous

    loose hips, speed, there isn't a reason for him to fall. I think at least six cb's go in the first round.

  • I think Conley is terrific - but I can't imagine him falling out of the first round. He showed tremendous

    loose hips, speed, there isn't a reason for him to fall. I think at least six cb's go in the first round.

    @calfoxwc said:

    I think Conley is terrific - but I can't imagine him falling out of the first round. He showed tremendous

    loose hips, speed, there isn't a reason for him to fall. I think at least six cb's go in the first round.

    I agree on the speed and hips, but he'll need to work on his hands at the next level as he never really jams guys at the line. Conley should be taken in the first round, but with this DB class being as deep as it is, it wouldn't be too shocking to see him slip through the cracks.

  • Agree... Deep CB class could mean teams go elsewhere after Lattimore is picked.

    Add that IMO the fall off in talent at other positions is far greater after the top one or two prospects. I think that's what happened in our forum mock which stalled at 3 CBs. Then in our Round 2 they exploded with 6 taken.

    Safeties followed a similar pattern with 3 in the 1st and 5 in the 2nd.

    Will be interesting to see how predictive we were.

  • I dont know how people manage to do 7 rounds...2 took me an eternity to do ....biggest faller Deshone Kizer...biggest surprises Caleb Brantley and Justin Evans ....tear it to bits guys

    ROUND 1

    Browns Myles Garrett DE

    49rs Soloman Thomas DE

    Bears Jamal Adams S

    Jags Leonard Fournette RB

    Titans Marshon Lattimore CB

    Jets Mitch Trubisky QB

    Chargers Malik Hooker S

    Panthers Derek Barnett DE

    Bengals Jonathan Allen DT

    Bills Mike Williams WR

    Saints Reuben Foster LB

    Browns OJ Howard TE

    Cards Patrick Mahomes QB

    Eagles Caleb Brantley DT

    Colts Delvin Cook RB

    Ravens Corey Davis WR

    Redskins Christian McCaffrey RB

    Titans John Ross WR

    Buccs Justin Evans S

    Broncos Ryan Ramczyk OT

    Lions Taco Charlton DE

    Dolphins Tre Davious White CB

    Giants Jabrill. Peppers LB

    Raiders Jarrad Davis LB

    Texans Deshaun Watson QB

    Seahawks Forrest Lamp OG

    Chiefs Malik McDowell DT

    Cowboys Marlon Humphrey CB

    Packers Takk McKinley DE

    Steelers Zach Cunningham LB

    Falcons David Njoku TE

    Saints Haason Reddick LB

    ROUND 2

    Browns Garreon Conley CB

    49rs Gerald Everett TE

    Jags Evan Engram TE

    Bears Garrett Bolles OT

    Rams Budda Baker S

    Chargers Cam Robinson OT

    Jets Cordrea Tankersley CB

    Panthers Joe Mixon RB

    Bengals Raekwon McMillen LB

    Saints Zay Jones WR

    Eagles Alvin Kamara RB

    Bills Teez Tabor CB

    Cards Adoree Jackson CB

    Colts Tim Williams DE/OLB

    Ravens Ryan Anderson OLB

    Vikings Montavious Adams DT

    Redskins Marcus Maye S

    Buccs Samaje Perine RB

    Broncos TJ Watt LB

    Browns Marcus Williams S

    Lions Antonio Garcia OT

    Dolphins Carl Lawson OLB

    Giants Demarcus Walker DE

    Raiders Charles Harris DE

    Texans Dan Feeney OG

    Seahawks Kevin King CB

    Chiefs Deshone Kizer QB

    Cowboys Obi Melfonwu S

    Packers Chidobe Awuzie CB

    Steelers Tyus Bowser OLB

    Falcons Chris Wormley DE

    Panthers Cooper Kupp WR

    @darren15 said:

    I dont know how people manage to do 7 rounds...2 took me an eternity to do ....biggest faller Deshone Kizer...biggest surprises Caleb Brantley and Justin Evans ....tear it to bits guys

    @tour2ma said:

    I was going to dump on a mere, two-round effort, but since you did every team rather than just the Browns, I can't...

    ... and now I hate you for that...

    Damn good effort Darren.....and I had the same thought as Tour....exactly.....2 rounds?.....whats so hard about that.....

    Then I open the thread,,,,,and Whoa!

  • Agree with Mud. And it's why many of the pro mocks stick to one round. Just too many damn variables when a real draft takes place.

    I'm off to watch the A&M spring game today. One for sure first rounder in WR Kirk and several new faces on D that will eventually be there too hopefully.

  • I dont know how people manage to do 7 rounds...2 took me an eternity to do ....biggest faller Deshone Kizer...biggest surprises Caleb Brantley and Justin Evans ....tear it to bits guys

    ROUND 1

    Browns Myles Garrett DE

    49rs Soloman Thomas DE

    Bears Jamal Adams S

    Jags Leonard Fournette RB

    Titans Marshon Lattimore CB

    Jets Mitch Trubisky QB

    Chargers Malik Hooker S

    Panthers Derek Barnett DE

    Bengals Jonathan Allen DT

    Bills Mike Williams WR

    Saints Reuben Foster LB

    Browns OJ Howard TE

    Cards Patrick Mahomes QB

    Eagles Caleb Brantley DT

    Colts Delvin Cook RB

    Ravens Corey Davis WR

    Redskins Christian McCaffrey RB

    Titans John Ross WR

    Buccs Justin Evans S

    Broncos Ryan Ramczyk OT

    Lions Taco Charlton DE

    Dolphins Tre Davious White CB

    Giants Jabrill. Peppers LB

    Raiders Jarrad Davis LB

    Texans Deshaun Watson QB

    Seahawks Forrest Lamp OG

    Chiefs Malik McDowell DT

    Cowboys Marlon Humphrey CB

    Packers Takk McKinley DE

    Steelers Zach Cunningham LB

    Falcons David Njoku TE

    Saints Haason Reddick LB

    ROUND 2

    Browns Garreon Conley CB

    49rs Gerald Everett TE

    Jags Evan Engram TE

    Bears Garrett Bolles OT

    Rams Budda Baker S

    Chargers Cam Robinson OT

    Jets Cordrea Tankersley CB

    Panthers Joe Mixon RB

    Bengals Raekwon McMillen LB

    Saints Zay Jones WR

    Eagles Alvin Kamara RB

    Bills Teez Tabor CB

    Cards Adoree Jackson CB

    Colts Tim Williams DE/OLB

    Ravens Ryan Anderson OLB

    Vikings Montavious Adams DT

    Redskins Marcus Maye S

    Buccs Samaje Perine RB

    Broncos TJ Watt LB

    Browns Marcus Williams S

    Lions Antonio Garcia OT

    Dolphins Carl Lawson OLB

    Giants Demarcus Walker DE

    Raiders Charles Harris DE

    Texans Dan Feeney OG

    Seahawks Kevin King CB

    Chiefs Deshone Kizer QB

    Cowboys Obi Melfonwu S

    Packers Chidobe Awuzie CB

    Steelers Tyus Bowser OLB

    Falcons Chris Wormley DE

    Panthers Cooper Kupp WR

    @darren15 said:

    I dont know how people manage to do 7 rounds...2 took me an eternity to do ....

    Easy one... the inspiration of the paycheck...

    I'd entirely missed your opening line when I dove into your picks. Still would be unknown to me except for the ever-thorough Mudster...

  • Sad Day in Greenville,NC 🙁. I have now thrown in my red challenge flag too. My long dream of my hometown guy WR-Zay Jones becoming a Brown has ended. Zay just barely makes it past pick #33 Every damn mock out there including First-pick. He just will not make it to our pick at 52. In a last ditch effort am buying the drinks & Zay's driving 😛