Skip to content

Youtube Scouting Report Series

The Browns Board
40 11 730
  • Howard

  • Thanks! Really liking Howard at 12 if he is there.

  • I also like Voch Lombardi. Some of his videos can get a little long, but he offers good insight and charisma.

  • I also like Voch Lombardi. Some of his videos can get a little long, but he offers good insight and charisma.

    @roycerolls said:

    I also like Voch Lombardi. Some of his videos can get a little long, but he offers good insight and charisma.

    Agree... he's good listen and knows his shit...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    0:40 mark taking on Fornette. Also notice how well he reads plays and becomes a heat seeking missile.

    Foster is great on the field, but being dismissed from the combine for being a cocksucker doesn't sit right with me. If he's already an entitled little cunt, who knows how big his head will be once he's in the league. That's the kind of guy who gets pulled over for going 30 over the speed limit with an illegal gun and a pound of weed.
  • @texasag1969 said:

    0:40 mark taking on Fornette. Also notice how well he reads plays and becomes a heat seeking missile.

    Foster is great on the field, but being dismissed from the combine for being a cocksucker doesn't sit right with me. If he's already an entitled little cunt, who knows how big his head will be once he's in the league. That's the kind of guy who gets pulled over for going 30 over the speed limit with an illegal gun and a pound of weed.

    @roycerolls said:

    Foster is great on the field, but being dismissed from the combine for being a cocksucker doesn't sit right with me. If he's already an entitled little cunt, who knows how big his head will be once he's in the league. That's the kind of guy who gets pulled over for going 30 over the speed limit with an illegal gun and a pound of weed.

    Can't be that mean and do that much roids without some fallout.

  • bruh comes in and hijacks my scouting report video thread with highlight videos.... 😉

  • bruh comes in and hijacks my scouting report video thread with highlight videos.... 😉

    @mld-woody said:

    bruh comes in and hijacks my scouting report video thread with highlight videos.... 😉

    Fixed.

  • I'm really liking Howard at 12 as well. My biggest concern is that other teams will like him BEFORE we pick, but I guess there's not much we can do about that. I don't like him enough to trade up for him, as I want to keep as many of our resources as possible. The good news is, history tells us that Howard will most likely be available at 12. I can't think of too many tight ends that have been taken in the top 12 over the years, and the last high drafted one I can think of is the Lions' Ebron. He's been effective, but I really don't think he's provided the type of impact the Lions and their fans envisioned. Definitely not a bust, but also hasn't had that "giant impact" as of yet. He's still young, and I'm thinking he better be get to it this year or there will be some disappointed individuals. Before Ebron, the last TE I can think of that went top 12 was Kellen Winslow. Injuries, illness, and stupidity robbed him of his best years and explosiveness, but he was still a solid player when on the field. I can still see him on the field for that Cowboys onsides kick with virtually no time on the clock...Jesus man. Oh, and btw...that catch he had against the Cardinals should've been counted as a touchdown according to the rules back then. If the game was in Cleveland, the refs would've ruled in our favor...no doubt in my mind. Anyways, I'm sure there have been other tight ends drafted high, but I just can't think of them. It's definitely a rarity, but Howard possesses the rare athletic abilities and mismatch potential to warrant such a high selection, and I think he fits the concept of what we're trying to do. What's that you might ask? Well, I think we're trying to make the game as easy as possible on our QB's and take the pressure off them as much as the game allows. We're building a stronger OL, we're going to try and run the ball, Howard would be the tight end that could really help a young QB, and we're investing in our defense. Our coaches and front office know we don't currently have a QB that you just hand the ball to and hope he makes enough plays to win the game. We need a strong supporting cast and physical defense, and that's what we're hoping to build.

  • Agree... Let the draft come to us. One of the impact players in this draft will fall to us at 12. OJH is just one of the possibilities.

    Good memory, too... Winslow was a #6 and Ebron a 10. Ebron has had such an impact that DET is widely rumored to be looking for a new TE.

    Another recent #6 was Vernon Davis... another "all the talent in the world" TE that never quite materialized although he has stayed pretty much healthy for a decade.

    In all there have been 19 TEs taken in Rnd 1 since 2000. The vast majority of them, 14, in the 2nd half of the round. Joining the above three in the top half are Bubba Franks (14) and Jeremy Shockey (14).

    The bottom halfers are: Anthony Becht (?), Todd Heap, Daniel Graham and Jerramy Stevens, Dallas Clark, Ben Watson, Heath Miller, Mercedes Lewis, Greg Olsen, Dustin Keller, Brandon Pettigrew, Jermaine Gresham, and Tyler Eifert.

    Above is not from memory.... http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?position=TE&type=position

    Couple things strike me...

    • The top half picks tend to be one-dimensional, receiving TEs... a/k/a "hood ornaments"?
    • A lot of great, two-dimensional TEs in the 2nd half list. Hard-pressed to see a one-D TE in the lot... maybe Eifert?
    • The overall TE batting average in Round One looks to be pretty high, but it is dented by the top half's success rate.
  • I remember looking at stats from rookie TE's the last 18 years and I'm pretty sure shockey and Gronk are the only two that eclipsed 7-800 yards.

    In short - don't expect some offensive changing impact from a rookie at that spot.

    It's another reason in my hesitancy of taking OJ that high. There's good value to be had mid rounds where you can find similar production.

  • how can you guys not like what you see on jabrils tape? This kid is the real deal. I'm happy with either hooker, that other guy, or Peppers at 12.

  • how can you guys not like what you see on jabrils tape? This kid is the real deal. I'm happy with either hooker, that other guy, or Peppers at 12.

    @clevfan4life said:

    how can you guys not like what you see on jabrils tape? This kid is the real deal. I'm happy with either hooker, that other guy, or Peppers at 12.

    Clev, it takes full game tapes.Not just Highlight reels. Collins was a freelancer at Pats. Peppers was pretty much aloud to Rover,freelance,guesser you name it. He's a torpedo tackler with his head usually down missing wrap. Don't see him as a LB in this league. Pro scouts won't count on just highlight reels. Farmer may have 😛

  • @clevfan4life said:

    how can you guys not like what you see on jabrils tape? This kid is the real deal. I'm happy with either hooker, that other guy, or Peppers at 12.

    Clev, it takes full game tapes.Not just Highlight reels. Collins was a freelancer at Pats. Peppers was pretty much aloud to Rover,freelance,guesser you name it. He's a torpedo tackler with his head usually down missing wrap. Don't see him as a LB in this league. Pro scouts won't count on just highlight reels. Farmer may have 😛

    @gumby73 said:

    Clev, it takes full game tapes.Not just Highlight reels. Collins was a freelancer at Pats. Peppers was pretty much aloud to Rover,freelance,guesser you name it. He's a torpedo tackler with his head usually down missing wrap. Don't see him as a LB in this league. Pro scouts won't count on just highlight reels. Farmer may have 😛

    yeah i've looked at some of his "non highlight" tape and i still like it. He must be a very smart kid too cause he played what 4 different positions?

  • how can you guys not like what you see on jabrils tape? This kid is the real deal. I'm happy with either hooker, that other guy, or Peppers at 12.

    @clevfan4life said:

    how can you guys not like what you see on jabrils tape? This kid is the real deal. I'm happy with either hooker, that other guy, or Peppers at 12.

    Because I'm not Stevie Wonder and don't buy into hype without substance.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Clev, it takes full game tapes.Not just Highlight reels. Collins was a freelancer at Pats. Peppers was pretty much aloud to Rover,freelance,guesser you name it. He's a torpedo tackler with his head usually down missing wrap. Don't see him as a LB in this league. Pro scouts won't count on just highlight reels. Farmer may have 😛

    yeah i've looked at some of his "non highlight" tape and i still like it. He must be a very smart kid too cause he played what 4 different positions?

    @clevfan4life said:

    He must be a very smart kid too cause he played what 4 different positions?

    If you watched his combine stuff? He loves playing the game. no doubt a fun full of Convenience kid. He loves some of he? nothing wrong with that but is he a "team"mate or a TO? I would start with Harbaugh than look deeper..(no way at #12, just far better talent)

  • @gumby73 said:

    Clev, it takes full game tapes.Not just Highlight reels. Collins was a freelancer at Pats. Peppers was pretty much aloud to Rover,freelance,guesser you name it. He's a torpedo tackler with his head usually down missing wrap. Don't see him as a LB in this league. Pro scouts won't count on just highlight reels. Farmer may have 😛

    yeah i've looked at some of his "non highlight" tape and i still like it. He must be a very smart kid too cause he played what 4 different positions?

    @clevfan4life said:

    yeah i've looked at some of his "non highlight" tape and i still like it. He must be a very smart kid too cause he played what 4 different positions?

    15 positions

    Harbaugh also said the top two college players he's coached in terms of football knowledge were Peppers and Andrew Luck

  • @clevfan4life said:

    He must be a very smart kid too cause he played what 4 different positions?

    If you watched his combine stuff? He loves playing the game. no doubt a fun full of Convenience kid. He loves some of he? nothing wrong with that but is he a "team"mate or a TO? I would start with Harbaugh than look deeper..(no way at #12, just far better talent)

    @gumby73 said:

    If you watched his combine stuff? He loves playing the game. no doubt a fun full of Convenience kid. He loves some of he? nothing wrong with that but is he a "team"mate or a TO? I would start with Harbaugh than look deeper..(no way at #12, just far better talent)

    In what world do you get the indication he's a TO? They guy played literally every position he was asked so that he could help the team win, at the expense of his draft stock.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    how can you guys not like what you see on jabrils tape? This kid is the real deal. I'm happy with either hooker, that other guy, or Peppers at 12.

    Because I'm not Stevie Wonder and don't buy into hype without substance.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Because I'm not Stevie Wonder and don't buy into hype without substance.

    You just can't recognize substance then? Got it.