Pick the bust in the 2017 draft
-
While we're on the record:
Kizer is going to be the best QB of this draft
Mahomes will bust
Mitch will be average/solid like Dalton
-
I can't remember when I've heard such uncertainty from all the paid prognosticators about all of the potential top 3 or 4 round QB picks as in this year, almost makes everyone want to take a pass and go with best available unless you get some great deals from other teams to take a flyer on one.
Sad thing is there are plenty of QB needs out there. Can't wait for Thursday to see how were we all wrong! (Wish it was still Saturday/Sunday on ESPN.)
Wonder which QBs will break out in 2017-2018? Watch the BROWNS win a few too many games to grab one.

-
Oh, yeah. I should have tossed in Barnett with my Watson pick.
Might have the slowest step of any hyped first round Edge I've seen in a while.
-
While we're on the record:
Kizer is going to be the best QB of this draft
Mahomes will bust
Mitch will be average/solid like Dalton
Mitch2Pryor said:
While we're on the record:
Kizer is going to be the best QB of this draft
Mahomes will bust
Mitch will be average/solid like Dalton
Nah, there's plenty not to like about Kizer. Mental aspect, check. But if that's all it took, Ryan Fitzpatrick would be having a HOF career. MHO is of the four Trubs, Mahomes, Kizer, Watson- he's a close second in bust potential behind Deshawn. You can fix mechanics (sometimes) but you can't fix accuracy.
-
While we're on the record:
Kizer is going to be the best QB of this draft
Mahomes will bust
Mitch will be average/solid like Dalton
Mitch2Pryor said:
Mitch will be average/solid like Dalton
In that case you are in bad need of a screen-name update... unless WSH picks Trubs in a draft shocker.
I can't remember when I've heard such uncertainty from all the paid prognosticators about all of the potential top 3 or 4 round QB picks as in this year...
I've come to the same conclusion based on my personal migration... Trubs to Watson to Kizer... never being anywhere close to all in on any one of them.
Oh, yeah. I should have tossed in Barnett with my Watson pick. Might have the slowest step of any hyped first round Edge I've seen in a while.
Not to mention his top end lacking...
-
Howard.
Really? Curious to know why you say that, what you see.
-
Mitch2Pryor said:
Mitch will be average/solid like Dalton
In that case you are in bad need of a screen-name update... unless WSH picks Trubs in a draft shocker.
I can't remember when I've heard such uncertainty from all the paid prognosticators about all of the potential top 3 or 4 round QB picks as in this year...
I've come to the same conclusion based on my personal migration... Trubs to Watson to Kizer... never being anywhere close to all in on any one of them.
Oh, yeah. I should have tossed in Barnett with my Watson pick. Might have the slowest step of any hyped first round Edge I've seen in a while.
Not to mention his top end lacking...
In that case you are in bad need of a screen-name update... unless WSH picks Trubs in a draft shocker
I'm already in need of a screen name update seeing as Pryor left lol..
I'd be estatic if we end up with Mitch, I think he's going to be good. I don't know who on this board wouldn't want a guy on the level of Andy Dalton.
I just see greatness in Kizer.
-
Howard.
Really? Curious to know why you say that, what you see.
-
Oh, yeah. I should have tossed in Barnett with my Watson pick.
Might have the slowest step of any hyped first round Edge I've seen in a while.
-
My pick is Barnett as a bust.Overrated.
Of all the ones mentioned so far, I get the strongest feeling on this one as well.
My new contribution.... Cam Robinson... at least at OT. He may have a shot at being a decent OG, but I don't see a chance at OT.
Honorable mention: Fournette. I watch him and I see (no offense, Ag) Derrick Henry... good burst and straight ahead speed and power, but no lateral movement.
-
My pick is Barnett as a bust.Overrated.
Of all the ones mentioned so far, I get the strongest feeling on this one as well.
My new contribution.... Cam Robinson... at least at OT. He may have a shot at being a decent OG, but I don't see a chance at OT.
Honorable mention: Fournette. I watch him and I see (no offense, Ag) Derrick Henry... good burst and straight ahead speed and power, but no lateral movement.
Honorable mention: Fournette. I watch him and I see (no offense, Ag) Derrick Henry... good burst and straight ahead speed and power, but no lateral movement.
Derek Henry......forgot all about him......so, what happened with him?
I see he had a very nice per carry avg of 4.5.....but only got 100 touches...and only 4 games with 10 or more???.....why?
When I look at his game log, it appears his touches match up well with wins and losses.....with more touches they win.....no touches they lose......maybe playing from behind means more passes??.....I dunno.....
Was he a back up?.....does his coach not like to run?......is there an ex Browns coach making the calls?......
-
Honorable mention: Fournette. I watch him and I see (no offense, Ag) Derrick Henry... good burst and straight ahead speed and power, but no lateral movement.
Derek Henry......forgot all about him......so, what happened with him?
I see he had a very nice per carry avg of 4.5.....but only got 100 touches...and only 4 games with 10 or more???.....why?
When I look at his game log, it appears his touches match up well with wins and losses.....with more touches they win.....no touches they lose......maybe playing from behind means more passes??.....I dunno.....
Was he a back up?.....does his coach not like to run?......is there an ex Browns coach making the calls?......
Derek Henry......forgot all about him......so, what happened with him?
I see he had a very nice per carry avg of 4.5.....but only got 100 touches...and only 4 games with 10 or more???.....why?
When I look at his game log, it appears his touches match up well with wins and losses.....with more touches they win.....no touches they lose......maybe playing from behind means more passes??.....I dunno.....
Was he a back up?.....does his coach not like to run?......is there an ex Browns coach making the calls?......
Because they acquired DeMarco Murray as their primary RB and they don't have enough sense to run Henry for the tough yards inside the 10 and for short yardage 1st down. The Titans was the worst possible place to land since they don't utilize him at all.
I watched a lot of their games and the Titans OC is an idiot when it comes to what they could do with a running game. They can gas 'em with Murray's outside game and gouge them when they're gassed with Henry on the inside. But they just don't have sense enough to even try it.
-
Derek Henry......forgot all about him......so, what happened with him?
I see he had a very nice per carry avg of 4.5.....but only got 100 touches...and only 4 games with 10 or more???.....why?
When I look at his game log, it appears his touches match up well with wins and losses.....with more touches they win.....no touches they lose......maybe playing from behind means more passes??.....I dunno.....
Was he a back up?.....does his coach not like to run?......is there an ex Browns coach making the calls?......
Because they acquired DeMarco Murray as their primary RB and they don't have enough sense to run Henry for the tough yards inside the 10 and for short yardage 1st down. The Titans was the worst possible place to land since they don't utilize him at all.
I watched a lot of their games and the Titans OC is an idiot when it comes to what they could do with a running game. They can gas 'em with Murray's outside game and gouge them when they're gassed with Henry on the inside. But they just don't have sense enough to even try it.
Because they acquired DeMarco Murray as their primary RB and they don't have enough sense to run Henry for the tough yards inside the 10 and for short yardage 1st down. The Titans was the worst possible place to land since they don't utilize him at all.
Ahhhh.....Demarco Murray......forgot about him....
Yep....that answers my question....he was the back up.....
Maybe this will be his year to break out......
-
Because they acquired DeMarco Murray as their primary RB and they don't have enough sense to run Henry for the tough yards inside the 10 and for short yardage 1st down. The Titans was the worst possible place to land since they don't utilize him at all.
Ahhhh.....Demarco Murray......forgot about him....
Yep....that answers my question....he was the back up.....
Maybe this will be his year to break out......
Ahhhh.....Demarco Murray......forgot about him....
Yep....that answers my question....(Henry) was the back up..... Maybe this will be his year to break out......
Last I heard he was "skipping" TN's voluntary work-outs... did not sit too well with a couple teammates.
But I think you were onto a factor in your prior post... game situations. TN did not have a lot of leads to salt away, which is when you'd expect Henry to see more duty spelling Murray.
Ag, hear ya and trust ya, but goalline O is not as likely to pop Henry into a 2ndary, which is where he does most of his damage. And when there's no hole, I don't remember a lot of him plowing into the backs of his OL... more like stop-look-andgetwrappedup.
-
Ahhhh.....Demarco Murray......forgot about him....
Yep....that answers my question....(Henry) was the back up..... Maybe this will be his year to break out......
Last I heard he was "skipping" TN's voluntary work-outs... did not sit too well with a couple teammates.
But I think you were onto a factor in your prior post... game situations. TN did not have a lot of leads to salt away, which is when you'd expect Henry to see more duty spelling Murray.
Ag, hear ya and trust ya, but goalline O is not as likely to pop Henry into a 2ndary, which is where he does most of his damage. And when there's no hole, I don't remember a lot of him plowing into the backs of his OL... more like stop-look-andgetwrappedup.
Last I heard he was "skipping" TN's voluntary work-outs... did not sit too well with a couple teammates.
But I think you were onto a factor in your prior post... game situations. TN did not have a lot of leads to salt away, which is when you'd expect Henry to see more duty spelling Murray.
Ag, hear ya and trust ya, but goalline O is not as likely to pop Henry into a 2ndary, which is where he does most of his damage. And when there's no hole, I don't remember a lot of him plowing into the backs of his OL... more like stop-look-andgetwrappedup.
Right....his strength seemed to be that runaway train thing that seemed to happened when he saw day light.....the rest was pretty hohum....
-
Ahhhh.....Demarco Murray......forgot about him....
Yep....that answers my question....(Henry) was the back up..... Maybe this will be his year to break out......
Last I heard he was "skipping" TN's voluntary work-outs... did not sit too well with a couple teammates.
But I think you were onto a factor in your prior post... game situations. TN did not have a lot of leads to salt away, which is when you'd expect Henry to see more duty spelling Murray.
Ag, hear ya and trust ya, but goalline O is not as likely to pop Henry into a 2ndary, which is where he does most of his damage. And when there's no hole, I don't remember a lot of him plowing into the backs of his OL... more like stop-look-andgetwrappedup.
Last I heard he was "skipping" TN's voluntary work-outs... did not sit too well with a couple teammates.
But I think you were onto a factor in your prior post... game situations. TN did not have a lot of leads to salt away, which is when you'd expect Henry to see more duty spelling Murray.
Ag, hear ya and trust ya, but goalline O is not as likely to pop Henry into a 2ndary, which is where he does most of his damage. And when there's no hole, I don't remember a lot of him plowing into the backs of his OL... more like stop-look-andgetwrappedup.
Good discussion here.
Here's a 5 minute video (below) that explains why Henry is missing the voluntary workouts in TN for anyone that is interested. I get the impression he'll have access to an ideal strength and conditioning program all the while.
-
It's what I don't see. He blocked a lot and that was in an offense that used the TE to block a lot.
FIFY
-
For my bust I'm choosing Caleb Brantley, put a penny in his belly button: kids a loafer.
-
It's what I don't see. He blocked a lot and that was in an offense that used the TE to block a lot.
FIFY
FIFY
Nah. He plays patty cake bakers out there.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login