Skip to content

Pick the bust in the 2017 draft

The Browns Board
51 22 1.2k
  • @wargograw said:

    Howard.

    Really? Curious to know why you say that, what you see.

    @cvcanedy said:

    Really? Curious to know why you say that, what you see.

    It's what I don't see. He disappeared a lot and that was in an offense that used the TE.

  • Oh, yeah. I should have tossed in Barnett with my Watson pick.

    Might have the slowest step of any hyped first round Edge I've seen in a while.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Oh, yeah. I should have tossed in Barnett with my Watson pick.

    Might have the slowest step of any hyped first round Edge I've seen in a while.

    I think we can let you slide in another pick. 😉
  • @texasag1969 said:

    My pick is Barnett as a bust.Overrated.

    Of all the ones mentioned so far, I get the strongest feeling on this one as well.

    My new contribution.... Cam Robinson... at least at OT. He may have a shot at being a decent OG, but I don't see a chance at OT.

    Honorable mention: Fournette. I watch him and I see (no offense, Ag) Derrick Henry... good burst and straight ahead speed and power, but no lateral movement.

    @tour2ma said:

    Honorable mention: Fournette. I watch him and I see (no offense, Ag) Derrick Henry... good burst and straight ahead speed and power, but no lateral movement.

    Agree with this

    My pick is Deshaun Watson

  • @texasag1969 said:

    My pick is Barnett as a bust.Overrated.

    Of all the ones mentioned so far, I get the strongest feeling on this one as well.

    My new contribution.... Cam Robinson... at least at OT. He may have a shot at being a decent OG, but I don't see a chance at OT.

    Honorable mention: Fournette. I watch him and I see (no offense, Ag) Derrick Henry... good burst and straight ahead speed and power, but no lateral movement.

    @tour2ma said:

    Honorable mention: Fournette. I watch him and I see (no offense, Ag) Derrick Henry... good burst and straight ahead speed and power, but no lateral movement.

    Derek Henry......forgot all about him......so, what happened with him?

    I see he had a very nice per carry avg of 4.5.....but only got 100 touches...and only 4 games with 10 or more???.....why?

    When I look at his game log, it appears his touches match up well with wins and losses.....with more touches they win.....no touches they lose......maybe playing from behind means more passes??.....I dunno.....

    Was he a back up?.....does his coach not like to run?......is there an ex Browns coach making the calls?......

  • @tour2ma said:

    Honorable mention: Fournette. I watch him and I see (no offense, Ag) Derrick Henry... good burst and straight ahead speed and power, but no lateral movement.

    Derek Henry......forgot all about him......so, what happened with him?

    I see he had a very nice per carry avg of 4.5.....but only got 100 touches...and only 4 games with 10 or more???.....why?

    When I look at his game log, it appears his touches match up well with wins and losses.....with more touches they win.....no touches they lose......maybe playing from behind means more passes??.....I dunno.....

    Was he a back up?.....does his coach not like to run?......is there an ex Browns coach making the calls?......

    @mudfly said:

    Derek Henry......forgot all about him......so, what happened with him?

    I see he had a very nice per carry avg of 4.5.....but only got 100 touches...and only 4 games with 10 or more???.....why?

    When I look at his game log, it appears his touches match up well with wins and losses.....with more touches they win.....no touches they lose......maybe playing from behind means more passes??.....I dunno.....

    Was he a back up?.....does his coach not like to run?......is there an ex Browns coach making the calls?......

    Because they acquired DeMarco Murray as their primary RB and they don't have enough sense to run Henry for the tough yards inside the 10 and for short yardage 1st down. The Titans was the worst possible place to land since they don't utilize him at all.

    I watched a lot of their games and the Titans OC is an idiot when it comes to what they could do with a running game. They can gas 'em with Murray's outside game and gouge them when they're gassed with Henry on the inside. But they just don't have sense enough to even try it.

  • @mudfly said:

    Derek Henry......forgot all about him......so, what happened with him?

    I see he had a very nice per carry avg of 4.5.....but only got 100 touches...and only 4 games with 10 or more???.....why?

    When I look at his game log, it appears his touches match up well with wins and losses.....with more touches they win.....no touches they lose......maybe playing from behind means more passes??.....I dunno.....

    Was he a back up?.....does his coach not like to run?......is there an ex Browns coach making the calls?......

    Because they acquired DeMarco Murray as their primary RB and they don't have enough sense to run Henry for the tough yards inside the 10 and for short yardage 1st down. The Titans was the worst possible place to land since they don't utilize him at all.

    I watched a lot of their games and the Titans OC is an idiot when it comes to what they could do with a running game. They can gas 'em with Murray's outside game and gouge them when they're gassed with Henry on the inside. But they just don't have sense enough to even try it.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Because they acquired DeMarco Murray as their primary RB and they don't have enough sense to run Henry for the tough yards inside the 10 and for short yardage 1st down. The Titans was the worst possible place to land since they don't utilize him at all.

    Ahhhh.....Demarco Murray......forgot about him....

    Yep....that answers my question....he was the back up.....

    Maybe this will be his year to break out......

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Because they acquired DeMarco Murray as their primary RB and they don't have enough sense to run Henry for the tough yards inside the 10 and for short yardage 1st down. The Titans was the worst possible place to land since they don't utilize him at all.

    Ahhhh.....Demarco Murray......forgot about him....

    Yep....that answers my question....he was the back up.....

    Maybe this will be his year to break out......

    @mudfly said:

    Ahhhh.....Demarco Murray......forgot about him....

    Yep....that answers my question....(Henry) was the back up..... Maybe this will be his year to break out......

    Last I heard he was "skipping" TN's voluntary work-outs... did not sit too well with a couple teammates.

    But I think you were onto a factor in your prior post... game situations. TN did not have a lot of leads to salt away, which is when you'd expect Henry to see more duty spelling Murray.

    Ag, hear ya and trust ya, but goalline O is not as likely to pop Henry into a 2ndary, which is where he does most of his damage. And when there's no hole, I don't remember a lot of him plowing into the backs of his OL... more like stop-look-andgetwrappedup.

  • @mudfly said:

    Ahhhh.....Demarco Murray......forgot about him....

    Yep....that answers my question....(Henry) was the back up..... Maybe this will be his year to break out......

    Last I heard he was "skipping" TN's voluntary work-outs... did not sit too well with a couple teammates.

    But I think you were onto a factor in your prior post... game situations. TN did not have a lot of leads to salt away, which is when you'd expect Henry to see more duty spelling Murray.

    Ag, hear ya and trust ya, but goalline O is not as likely to pop Henry into a 2ndary, which is where he does most of his damage. And when there's no hole, I don't remember a lot of him plowing into the backs of his OL... more like stop-look-andgetwrappedup.

    @tour2ma said:

    Last I heard he was "skipping" TN's voluntary work-outs... did not sit too well with a couple teammates.

    But I think you were onto a factor in your prior post... game situations. TN did not have a lot of leads to salt away, which is when you'd expect Henry to see more duty spelling Murray.

    Ag, hear ya and trust ya, but goalline O is not as likely to pop Henry into a 2ndary, which is where he does most of his damage. And when there's no hole, I don't remember a lot of him plowing into the backs of his OL... more like stop-look-andgetwrappedup.

    Right....his strength seemed to be that runaway train thing that seemed to happened when he saw day light.....the rest was pretty hohum....

  • @mudfly said:

    Ahhhh.....Demarco Murray......forgot about him....

    Yep....that answers my question....(Henry) was the back up..... Maybe this will be his year to break out......

    Last I heard he was "skipping" TN's voluntary work-outs... did not sit too well with a couple teammates.

    But I think you were onto a factor in your prior post... game situations. TN did not have a lot of leads to salt away, which is when you'd expect Henry to see more duty spelling Murray.

    Ag, hear ya and trust ya, but goalline O is not as likely to pop Henry into a 2ndary, which is where he does most of his damage. And when there's no hole, I don't remember a lot of him plowing into the backs of his OL... more like stop-look-andgetwrappedup.

    @tour2ma said:

    Last I heard he was "skipping" TN's voluntary work-outs... did not sit too well with a couple teammates.

    But I think you were onto a factor in your prior post... game situations. TN did not have a lot of leads to salt away, which is when you'd expect Henry to see more duty spelling Murray.

    Ag, hear ya and trust ya, but goalline O is not as likely to pop Henry into a 2ndary, which is where he does most of his damage. And when there's no hole, I don't remember a lot of him plowing into the backs of his OL... more like stop-look-andgetwrappedup.

    Good discussion here.

    Here's a 5 minute video (below) that explains why Henry is missing the voluntary workouts in TN for anyone that is interested. I get the impression he'll have access to an ideal strength and conditioning program all the while.

  • @cvcanedy said:

    Really? Curious to know why you say that, what you see.

    It's what I don't see. He disappeared a lot and that was in an offense that used the TE.

    @wargograw said:

    It's what I don't see. He blocked a lot and that was in an offense that used the TE to block a lot.

    FIFY

  • For my bust I'm choosing Caleb Brantley, put a penny in his belly button: kids a loafer.

  • @wargograw said:

    It's what I don't see. He blocked a lot and that was in an offense that used the TE to block a lot.

    FIFY

    @roycerolls said:

    FIFY

    Nah. He plays patty cake bakers out there.

  • Well I guess it's time I put it down in writing, so I'm going to go on the record and say I think Myles Garrett will be the biggest bust.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Last I heard he was "skipping" TN's voluntary work-outs... did not sit too well with a couple teammates.

    But I think you were onto a factor in your prior post... game situations. TN did not have a lot of leads to salt away, which is when you'd expect Henry to see more duty spelling Murray.

    Ag, hear ya and trust ya, but goalline O is not as likely to pop Henry into a 2ndary, which is where he does most of his damage. And when there's no hole, I don't remember a lot of him plowing into the backs of his OL... more like stop-look-andgetwrappedup.

    Good discussion here.

    Here's a 5 minute video (below) that explains why Henry is missing the voluntary workouts in TN for anyone that is interested. I get the impression he'll have access to an ideal strength and conditioning program all the while.

    @flugel said:

    Here's a 5 minute video (below) that explains why Henry is missing the voluntary workouts in TN for anyone that is interested. I get the impression he'll have access to an ideal strength and conditioning program all the while.

    That word's been out since he no-showed... as one of his teammates said, "I don't care. This is about team."

  • trub

    pleez anyone @22.

  • trub

    pleez anyone @22.

    @miktoxic said:

    trub

    pleez anyone @22.

    Only if it is a Browns QB....and A. Trubisky won't last that long certainly and B. the Browns don't own #22..unless they trade up/back again.

    So, for safety's sake, lets just us avoid having the Browns pick there.