Gut feeling Bortles to Browns
-
-
Still on caffeine?
Struggling to find a gentler way of saying this, but I can't so.... Dude, with all due respect.... please tell your gut to STFU!
Myles Garrett and Brock and $10mm for the #4 and Bortles? Cannot see it... don't want to see it... won't see it.
I just don't think Borltes has a head for the game. Physical talent? Enough to burn, but something is just not there, and I'm afraid it's some combination of desire and aptitude.
At least I said "please"...

Still on caffeine?
Struggling to find a gentler way of saying this, but I can't so.... Dude, with all due respect.... please tell your gut to STFU!
Myles Garrett and Brock and $10mm for the #4 and Bortles? Cannot see it... don't want to see it... won't see it.
I just don't think Borltes has a head for the game. Physical talent? Enough to burn, but something is just not there, and I'm afraid it's some combination of desire and aptitude.
At least I said "please"...

I have had quite a few espressos today so that was perceptive
Ok lets drop back to just the potential for Bortles to come here. What would YOU give. My outrageous offer was to start the dialogue. So lets say #1 for #4 and Bortles. dp you do that? Might even grab Solomon Thomas with the 4th pick. I think Bortles can still be a very good QB behind our line. Relative to vs. Osweiler he couldn't hold Bortles jock. He has never come close to the same stats. 2015 Bortles threw for 4400 yards, contributed 38 TD's and threw 18 INT. Last year down some with 4000 yards, 23 TD/ 16 INT. Definitely regressed with the INT ratio.
-
-
I guess it's perspective....they spent a first and by trading him now, obviously, dont feel they got proper value or he's not the guy.....so why would he still be worth a first?....let alone a high one?
Id think 3rd or later....or no dice.....(honestly dont want another retread though)
-
Still on caffeine?
Struggling to find a gentler way of saying this, but I can't so.... Dude, with all due respect.... please tell your gut to STFU!
Myles Garrett and Brock and $10mm for the #4 and Bortles? Cannot see it... don't want to see it... won't see it.
I just don't think Borltes has a head for the game. Physical talent? Enough to burn, but something is just not there, and I'm afraid it's some combination of desire and aptitude.
At least I said "please"...

I have had quite a few espressos today so that was perceptive
Ok lets drop back to just the potential for Bortles to come here. What would YOU give. My outrageous offer was to start the dialogue. So lets say #1 for #4 and Bortles. dp you do that? Might even grab Solomon Thomas with the 4th pick. I think Bortles can still be a very good QB behind our line. Relative to vs. Osweiler he couldn't hold Bortles jock. He has never come close to the same stats. 2015 Bortles threw for 4400 yards, contributed 38 TD's and threw 18 INT. Last year down some with 4000 yards, 23 TD/ 16 INT. Definitely regressed with the INT ratio.
I have had quite a few espressos today so that was perceptive
Ok lets drop back to just the potential for Bortles to come here. What would YOU give. My outrageous offer was to start the dialogue. So lets say #1 for #4 and Bortles. dp you do that? Might even grab Solomon Thomas with the 4th pick. I think Bortles can still be a very good QB behind our line. NO no chance at all,But just for the hell of it if they want the first overall pick give us bortles which we turn around and trade for a third their second this year and their first and third next year and then we could talk
-
-
Like Madonna told Wayne and Garth, "And monkeys MIGHT fly out of my ass,"
WSS
-
Like Madonna told Wayne and Garth, "And monkeys MIGHT fly out of my ass,"
WSS
Like Madonna told Wayne and Garth, "And monkeys MIGHT fly out of my ass,"
WSS
Steve that seems as though it would hurt a LOT lol
-
I had a similar inkling, although it didn't involve swapping firsts.
Brock, half his salary and one of their 2018 seconds.
Then the Jags take their next QB of the future without controversy as he either sits behind Osweiler for a year or beats him for the starter position.
The Browns get Garrett and BPA at 12 and so on and get kudos for taking a low-risk/high-reward stab at stabilizing their own QB situation. Pressure to draft one in a down year goes away.
-
I had a similar inkling, although it didn't involve swapping firsts.
Brock, half his salary and one of their 2018 seconds.
Then the Jags take their next QB of the future without controversy as he either sits behind Osweiler for a year or beats him for the starter position.
The Browns get Garrett and BPA at 12 and so on and get kudos for taking a low-risk/high-reward stab at stabilizing their own QB situation. Pressure to draft one in a down year goes away.
I had a similar inkling, although it didn't involve swapping firsts.
Brock, half his salary and one of their 2018 seconds.
Then the Jags take their next QB of the future without controversy as he either sits behind Osweiler for a year or beats him for the starter position.
The Browns get Garrett and BPA at 12 and so on and get kudos for taking a low-risk/high-reward stab at stabilizing their own QB situation. Pressure to draft one in a down year goes away.
See now I can see that, mine was obviously out there in outer space EXCEPT I do feel like we may be looking at Bortles. Your scenario is plausible to me.
-
Just threw up a little bit thinking about it. I do the same thing thinking of us drafting a QB out of this class.
-
They can give us #4 just to get rid of him like Houston did with Osweiler lol.
-
-
Like Madonna told Wayne and Garth, "And monkeys MIGHT fly out of my ass,"
WSS
Like Madonna told Wayne and Garth, "And monkeys MIGHT fly out of my ass,"
WSS
Fly monkeys Fly..To the Emerald City!! Not up for Bortles..But maybe down, to say Oakland..Hue liked Connor Cook..Dump the Millions of Oz on Zona..A older C. Palmer than nobody..
-
Ballzy proclamation, but I sure hope you belly is wrong.... I would take the Kess vs BO winner for 16 games in this upcoming 4-6 win season, and see how he/they improve. If he/they don't, then next year we add a QB to a roster that is hopefully better after next week's draft, another offseason and another draft.
-
I would like to see Bortles with a guy like Hue, but not at that cost at all.
Maybe a Brock + 12 + 33 + 2018 second for Bort + 4...I'd take that.
-
Definitely if we would settle into Bortles at a cost of no more than 2 second rounders I am on board. Osweiler optional. If Hue could get him back to 4400 yards, contributed 38 TD's and threw 18 INT this year and continue to improve I guess I would be pretty damn happy lol
-
I had a similar inkling, although it didn't involve swapping firsts.
Brock, half his salary and one of their 2018 seconds.
Then the Jags take their next QB of the future without controversy as he either sits behind Osweiler for a year or beats him for the starter position.
The Browns get Garrett and BPA at 12 and so on and get kudos for taking a low-risk/high-reward stab at stabilizing their own QB situation. Pressure to draft one in a down year goes away.
I had a similar inkling, although it didn't involve swapping firsts.
Brock, half his salary and one of their 2018 seconds.
Then the Jags take their next QB of the future without controversy as he either sits behind Osweiler for a year or beats him for the starter position.
The Browns get Garrett and BPA at 12 and so on and get kudos for taking a low-risk/high-reward stab at stabilizing their own QB situation. Pressure to draft one in a down year goes away.
I read this 3 times! The more I read this the more it makes some sense! This aint no Make Believe....Mr.
GO BROWNS!!!
-
Two seconds in this draft is really expensive... that's prime Safety territory.
I just don't see Blake as better than a MOR QB, but I'd be lying if I've said I've studied him. In my small sampling I've just seen to many "WTF?'s" mixed in with the good. Some of it is certainly pressure related and, yes, I believe our better-on-paper OL would be a help, but if an OL is all he needs, then why would JAX trade him rather than build him an OL that whoever is next would need anyway?
I just don't like the percentages in pursuing another QB shortcut that looks like a blind alley....
TC, have you seen enough of him to remain steadfast, or is your continued optimism merely original evaluation carryover?
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login