First Round Grades - Individual Picks
-
USA Today all 32 grades. Excellent write ups on all 3 Browns.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/2017-nfl-draft-grades-picks-analysis-results
-
Tour- I was crying in my beer (not really- haven't had anything to drink tonight) so bad after the Bears took Mitch. BTW, that champagne is still on ice. I didn't bother to look at the national reaction to Da Bears move. Hey- I'm over it, he's playing for the Bears. We would have gotten blasted even worse if we had moved up to #2. I didn't discount that as a faint Browns possibility.
We'll see how Da Biskit fares. I saw one group did give Peppers an F. This reeks of a Williams "request". If anyone can figure out how to use him it's our DC.
At least on the BIG plus side, no Mahomes, no Watson. Me and the Ghoul had a similar opinion of his pro potential. Two bums down, a bunch to go. We both don't want Kizer, and unfortunately he still may be there @ #52. The only other qb I'm 1\2 interested in as a project is Dobbs. My bet is Kelly is off the Browns board as a character risk.
Besides the Bears move, the biggest reach was KC going up for Mahomes. Maybe we should tell London- that thar was a HUGE reach.
Tour- I was crying in my beer (not really- haven't had anything to drink tonight) so bad after the Bears took Mitch. BTW, that champagne is still on ice.
My bet is Kelly is off the Browns board as a character risk.
Besides the Bears move, the biggest reach was KC going up for Mahomes. Maybe we should tell London- that thar was a HUGE reach.
Well at least you weren't crying in a nice champagne... welcome back...
Kinda agree with Kelly assessment. As with Foster he's a multiple-strike prospect. The differences? Whereas Foster had at least three and two are recent, Kelly has two and only one, his latest injury, is recent. There is one other difference of course: Price. So I still hold out some of my Kelly hope as no one left has more potential and tools than he. Then again... Kaaya looks talented and squeaky clean...
Trubs' "grades" are not just on him, they're on the Bears and the price they paid. You're right... we'd have gotten hammered doing even more to tab him... or passing on MG.
Mahomes... I don't see him either, but it's like you've said, if you see the QB you want, then you go get him. I will say that Mahomes fits nicely in their scheme behind Smith.
I haven't heard the name Mark Barron brought up at all. I'd imagine Williams will use Peppers like he did Barron.
Njoku is a really bad blocker at the moment but I do see effort in that department and that's a start. I think he needs to add some weight.
At 20, he'll undoubtably add weight. Does seem to "want to" block, just not sure how.
No doubt that OJH was at the top of this TE class, but it's just possible he's as good as he will ever be, while Njoku has a higher ceiling.
Well....slept on it.....hungover....and still dont hate it as much as I did last night.....
Yeah... kinda has this grow-on-you, fungus quality...
-
I agree that Williams got the two he wanted most. Part of the deal coming here so I will not bitch. And Njoku will help open up the field for all those wr's we took last year and has one of the strongest upsides out there IMO. DeValve can start selling shoes now.
52 & 65 makes it or breaks it for me. Lots of excellent players will be there at those spots.
I agree that Williams got the two he wanted most. Part of the deal coming here so I will not bitch. And Njoku will help open up the field for all those wr's we took last year and has one of the strongest upsides out there IMO. DeValve can start selling shoes now.
52 & 65 makes it or breaks it for me. Lots of excellent players will be there at those spots.
Devalve of Telfer? I still think we will do something to fill that yuge gap between 3.01 and 5.01...
USA Today all 32 grades. Excellent write ups on all 3 Browns.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/2017-nfl-draft-grades-picks-analysis-results
Love MG even more... and hate CHI's move even more.
-
I agree that Williams got the two he wanted most. Part of the deal coming here so I will not bitch. And Njoku will help open up the field for all those wr's we took last year and has one of the strongest upsides out there IMO. DeValve can start selling shoes now.
52 & 65 makes it or breaks it for me. Lots of excellent players will be there at those spots.
I agree that Williams got the two he wanted most. Part of the deal coming here so I will not bitch. And Njoku will help open up the field for all those wr's we took last year and has one of the strongest upsides out there IMO. DeValve can start selling shoes now.
52 & 65 makes it or breaks it for me. Lots of excellent players will be there at those spots.
Devalve will likely still be here. Guys like Telfer can sell shoes. (and even if they did let DeValve go...the dude went to Princeton. Do you really think he would end up selling shoes..or insurance? No)
-
Looks like Jimmy's homeless buddy hopped a slow freight to Chicago!!!

Mike
-
Looks like Jimmy's homeless buddy hopped a slow freight to Chicago!!!

Mike
Looks like Jimmy's homeless buddy hopped a slow freight to Chicago!!!

Mike
Look, the good thing about the Bears taking MT is that the Browns will not have to play him but once every 4 years, because I think he will turn out great...that is.....unless both teams make the Super Bowl!

Which...would actually be kind of cool. Like the Indians and Cubs making the World Series...as if that could ever happen.
Oh wait! That DID just happen.
So, you never know.
-
Gip,
I like MT too, but #2 was WAY too high (IMHO).
Mike
-
Gip,
I like MT too, but #2 was WAY too high (IMHO).
Mike
Gip,
I like MT too, but #2 was WAY too high (IMHO).
Mike
Apparently not.
-
Draft grades at this point of the season is just stupid.
-
Draft grades at this point of the season is just stupid.
Draft grades at this point of the season is just stupid.
This, this this.... but most will do it anyway.
-
I still don't get the thought of "how could be draft player at said position when this position is a bigger need?" Look at teams who draft BPA over teams who draft for need and see who typically does better. We got a great TE prospect who most people considered a top 15 or top 20 pick at #29 and we likely sniped him from the Steelers. Great pick.
-
The Njoku grades are ridiculous he is awesome
TE and safety are premium positions in today's NFL
The Njoku grades are ridiculous he is awesome
TE and safety are premium positions in today's NFL
Take a glance at the top 15 TE's and tell me how many you see drafted in the first round.
-
Looks like Jimmy's homeless buddy hopped a slow freight to Chicago!!!

Mike
Looks like Jimmy's homeless buddy hopped a slow freight to Chicago!!!

Mike
Don't type stuff like that when I'm trying to eat lunch without choking on it when it laughs down the wrong pipe.

-
The Njoku grades are ridiculous he is awesome
TE and safety are premium positions in today's NFL
Take a glance at the top 15 TE's and tell me how many you see drafted in the first round.
-
I don't really care tbh, the game is changing and TEs are more valuable than ever before.
So you can find them throughout the draft providing even greater value. You're essentially making my point.
-
The Njoku grades are ridiculous he is awesome
TE and safety are premium positions in today's NFL
Take a glance at the top 15 TE's and tell me how many you see drafted in the first round.
-
Garrett- A+ good job not messing that up
Peppers- C+ Could be Duane Buchanon but we are desperate for coverage guys and he is not going to help in that regard.
Njoku - D Could be a very good player but trading up in this draft for a TE is crazy. We were better off sticking with 33 and having a whole day to figure out how to land CB or a FS
A D Grade on Njoku?? Come on man that's just scripted hate. He was going off the board next pick to Pittsburgh. He is a weapon from day one with a high floor and even higher ceiling. I'm so so on the Peppers pick, none of us will know for at least a year how that works out. With a dilute test fail and questionable talent translation I'm learycon him.Garrett- A+ good job not messing that up
Peppers- C+ Could be Duane Buchanon but we are desperate for coverage guys and he is not going to help in that regard.
Njoku - D Could be a very good player but trading up in this draft for a TE is crazy. We were better off sticking with 33 and having a whole day to figure out how to land CB or a FS
-
Draft grades at this point of the season is just stupid.
-
Draft grades at this point of the season is just stupid.
lmao....
To Me... the Browns clearly ass fucked themselves this draft... 1-15,, here we come again...
Broken.... fucking.... record....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
