Now THIS is how you draft!
-
Wow, the nay sayers crack me up.
I like the picks so far!! The browns are putting together a team first and then will plug in a Qb to finish it next year.
Why draft a Qb and have him get destroyed or end up gun shy this upcoming season?
Peppers is going to be the next polomalu and totally rejuvenate the defense.
I have no problems with what they have done and until the season starts not a single one of you can predict what is going to happen. Let it play out and then reserve judgement.
Go Browns!!!!
Oh and Fuck Off Ghoolie!!
Wow, the nay sayers crack me up.
I like the picks so far!! The browns are putting together a team first and then will plug in a Qb to finish it next year.
Why draft a Qb and have him get destroyed or end up gun shy this upcoming season?
Peppers is going to be the next polomalu and totally rejuvenate the defense.
I have no problems with what they have done and until the season starts not a single one of you can predict what is going to happen. Let it play out and then reserve judgement.
Go Browns!!!!
Oh and Fuck Off Ghoolie!!
I agree.
We all knew, before this draft, that we weren't going to get all we wanted, but it appears we got 3 players who will be significant contributors this upcoming season and another 1st rounder next year. I chose to look at what we GOT & I like it too. We are building assets without mortgaging our future. That's a good thing.
Mike
-
Wow, the nay sayers crack me up.
I like the picks so far!! The browns are putting together a team first and then will plug in a Qb to finish it next year.
Why draft a Qb and have him get destroyed or end up gun shy this upcoming season?
Peppers is going to be the next polomalu and totally rejuvenate the defense.
I have no problems with what they have done and until the season starts not a single one of you can predict what is going to happen. Let it play out and then reserve judgement.
Go Browns!!!!
Oh and Fuck Off Ghoolie!!
Wow, the nay sayers crack me up.
I like the picks so far!! The browns are putting together a team first and then will plug in a Qb to finish it next year.
Why draft a Qb and have him get destroyed or end up gun shy this upcoming season?
Peppers is going to be the next polomalu and totally rejuvenate the defense.
I have no problems with what they have done and until the season starts not a single one of you can predict what is going to happen. Let it play out and then reserve judgement.
Go Browns!!!!
Oh and Fuck Off Ghoolie!!
Ghoolie will be back later if he can put his toy down long enough


-
Two 1's and three 2's in 2018 add up to a shit-pot full of draft capital... ain't no denying that. As for our 2017 start...
Obviously I love Garrett... he was the only choice at #1.
While I get the Peppers is an athlete, I don't see his SS value... especially on a team with what I see as four legit contenders at SS already on the roster. Now his situational use? His return skills? Even his RB ability... I get those, but does that add up to the #25 overall?
Njoku... I can only guess our recon said move up or lose him. At 20 years old, he's a man-child with physical gifts. He does seem to have some "want-to" when it comes to inline blocking, but he has a ways to go... and I'm just not into one-dimensional TEs... especially when I see some already on our roster.
But man, do we ever have a gaping Day 2/3 hole in our draft now... and there are a lot of good players there.
I reluctantly like Garrett, just watch Mitch go on to be an all-pro. At least me and Gip can drown our sorrows at Maya at Stan's expense for getting the bet right. (It was top 10)
Hope Peppers isn't the Jack of all trades and master of none. Njoku may be an OK pick we'll see. He got a lot of run pre draft.
if Peppers pans out as a safety it's a great draft. If not and only special teams I'll rate it a good draft.I reluctantly like Garrett, just watch Mitch go on to be an all-pro. At least me and Gip can drown our sorrows at Maya at Stan's expense for getting the bet right. (It was top 10)
Hope Peppers isn't the Jack of all trades and master of none. Njoku may be an OK pick we'll see. He got a lot of run pre draft.
-
Why the fuck are the Browns in love with Shittagain players? Won't draft from THE Ohio State University... But they'll draft fron ttut every fucking draft.
Which school produces bigger stars? It's not even close. Brady is the anomaly
I'm as big a Bucks homer as any but really who gives a shit where they played college ball? I don't care if they played at Shitstain U , just ball out for the Browns. Specific to your likely topic I think plent of teams had concerns with Hookers injuries.Why the fuck are the Browns in love with Shittagain players? Won't draft from THE Ohio State University... But they'll draft fron ttut every fucking draft.
Which school produces bigger stars? It's not even close. Brady is the anomaly
-
Funniest comment this morning in describing the Bears being snookered by a rookie gm, "We're the Browns now!"
-
OK... who the fuck did we pass over?
And for the love of God, quit comparing Peppers to Lewis... it only makes you look stupid.
I wasn't comparing Dr. Peppers to Lewis- I want to see studly production out of him though. He won't be any problem off the field, and if he fails it won't be from lack of effort. It will be up to Williams to figure out how to use him- he's a guy without a set position, you ought to know that's the big knock against him. I wasn't keen on him- and not just because he went to Michigan either.
Regarding Peppers- well, here's what we potentially gave up to land him. That LOW first round pick we got from the Texans (and Jabril) had better turn out better than the following: Malik Hooker, Jonathan Allen, Adoree Jackson, OJ Howard, and yeah Gareon Conley- if we were daring. We traded up for Njoku with Foster still available too. Seems we went the high character route so far.
I wasn't comparing Dr. Peppers to Lewis- I want to see studly production out of him though. He won't be any problem off the field, and if he fails it won't be from lack of effort. It will be up to Williams to figure out how to use him- he's a guy without a set position, you ought to know that's the big knock against him. I wasn't keen on him- and not just because he went to Michigan either.
Regarding Peppers- well, here's what we potentially gave up to land him. That LOW first round pick we got from the Texans (and Jabril) had better turn out better than the following: Malik Hooker, Jonathan Allen, Adoree Jackson, OJ Howard, and yeah Gareon Conley- if we were daring. We traded up for Njoku with Foster still available too. Seems we went the high character route so far.
First, sorry I went off... late... tired... maybe a tad drunk... But even sober and only a lil hung over, when I read "so&so better be SO&SO," I read that as a direct comparison... that aside.
As for who we passed over:
- almost certainly Allen was a medical DQ;
- no one championed him more here than me, but ditto in part for Foster, who in addition has two more strikes;
- opinions varied on Hooker as an overall player and his fall showed that;
- OJH... great prospect, but would I trade a low 2018 first to move up 13 spots to get him? No... and we got a consolation prize I am warming to... The price of that "prize"... not crazy about it, but for once we did spend some draft capital.
- Jackson... good prospect, but this draft is lousy with good 2ndary prospects.
- and Conley... big dice roll there... one other teams are better positioned to make. As you said... character standards...
-
Funniest comment this morning in describing the Bears being snookered by a rookie gm, "We're the Browns now!"
Funniest comment this morning in describing the Bears being snookered by a rookie gm, "We're the Browns now!"
ESPN ran a shit load of video tweets of fan reactions to the trade and selection... CHI-town ain't in a great mood this AM...
-

New Chicago GM, courtesy of the "old" Jimmy!!!
Mike
-
Two 1's and three 2's in 2018 add up to a shit-pot full of draft capital... ain't no denying that. As for our 2017 start...
Obviously I love Garrett... he was the only choice at #1.
While I get the Peppers is an athlete, I don't see his SS value... especially on a team with what I see as four legit contenders at SS already on the roster. Now his situational use? His return skills? Even his RB ability... I get those, but does that add up to the #25 overall?
Njoku... I can only guess our recon said move up or lose him. At 20 years old, he's a man-child with physical gifts. He does seem to have some "want-to" when it comes to inline blocking, but he has a ways to go... and I'm just not into one-dimensional TEs... especially when I see some already on our roster.
But man, do we ever have a gaping Day 2/3 hole in our draft now... and there are a lot of good players there.
Two 1's and three 2's in 2018 add up to a shit-pot full of draft capital... ain't no denying that. As for our 2017 start...
Obviously I love Garrett... he was the only choice at #1.
While I get the Peppers is an athlete, I don't see his SS value... especially on a team with what I see as four legit contenders at SS already on the roster. Now his situational use? His return skills? Even his RB ability... I get those, but does that add up to the #25 overall?
Njoku... I can only guess our recon said move up or lose him. At 20 years old, he's a man-child with physical gifts. He does seem to have some "want-to" when it comes to inline blocking, but he has a ways to go... and I'm just not into one-dimensional TEs... especially when I see some already on our roster.
But man, do we ever have a gaping Day 2/3 hole in our draft now... and there are a lot of good players there.
Njoku WAS rated on many boards higher than where we actually took him. So, from that standpoint, it seems a good pick.
-
I reluctantly like Garrett, just watch Mitch go on to be an all-pro. At least me and Gip can drown our sorrows at Maya at Stan's expense for getting the bet right. (It was top 10)
Hope Peppers isn't the Jack of all trades and master of none. Njoku may be an OK pick we'll see. He got a lot of run pre draft.
I don't think there was much that could've been done about Trubisky outside of Dafting him first. To me it looked like Da Bears threw a monkey wrench in our whole Trubisky program. Good with the Garrett pick. Ehh...we'll see on the other two. Kind of luke warm on the whole draft so far. Looked like too much work for two players that may have been there in the second. Again we'll see.
I don't think there was much that could've been done about Trubisky outside of Dafting him first. To me it looked like Da Bears threw a monkey wrench in our whole Trubisky program. Good with the Garrett pick. Ehh...we'll see on the other two. Kind of luke warm on the whole draft so far. Looked like too much work for two players that may have been there in the second. Again we'll see.
Agree. Bears made a costly move to go up one spot to take MT because they were afraid the Browns were going to be bold and make a deal with the 49ers. Understandable.
Browns probably felt that they could move up to #5 and get him. I don't know if they ever thought that the Bears would pick him.
-
He compared Foster to Ray Lewis. If peppers can play we're in good shape. Set the territorial loyalty a side. He probably fell that far because he likes his weed.OK... who the fuck did we pass over?
And for the love of God, quit comparing Peppers to Lewis... it only makes you look stupid.
I wanted Hooker and Elflien. I think we need our own true centre.
Hard to get worked up about players taken in the fourth or lower.
WSS
He compared Foster to Ray Lewis. If peppers can play we're in good shape. Set the territorial loyalty a side. He probably fell that far because he likes his weed.
I wanted Hooker and Elflien. I think we need our own true centre.
Hard to get worked up about players taken in the fourth or lower.
WSS
Elflein theoretically still in play. Not sure though why the Browns would go OC now, with Tretter, Martin, Fabiano all still on roster.
-
@ghoolie said:
Total shit draft. I win again.
Larry, I am always right. No need to prove anything, but I appreciate the kudos.
When I called the 201 draft a bust, which 1 - 15 says all we need to say, people here told me, "Ghoolie, you don't understand the draft. We are building assets. We have good, solid players and NEXT year, you will really see it come to fruition. Ahhhh.....I called that the words of a jackoff....BUT BUT BUT............ okay.....
Segue now to 2017................ the the same shit applies............... Wait till 2018.....you're really gonna see something.
HEY LINUS.................GO TO BED, THAT STUPID FUCKING PUMPKIN ISN'T SHOWING UP.
#1, #12 We get shit. If you wanted an edge rusher, you could have had a much better one in Bosa............ cheaper, last year. And after that? You got shit....a big pile of shit. The only ones outsmarted by Sashi and DePodesta are the fans and Hazmat. "Jimmie, just wait, we'el draft em next year. What happened tonight was classic Browns embarassment.
The FO thought they would be clever and get Garrett at #1 and Trubisky at #12, They, like most here, actually bought into the hype that Trubisky was going to be taken after the other QBs I GUARANTEE YOU, when the Bears traded up, Sashi and Deopdesta literally shit their pants, and I GUARANTEE YOU...Haslam is madder than a mother fucker right now.
The Browns traded down because they were stunned. The realized they fucked up and had no other plan.
Make no mistake, this fucking team is in the biggest trouble it ever has been. No Qb, no WRs, nothing to make an impact. Garrett will be injured, mark my words. He will be on the field all the time, he will try to save the team on every play and he will get ass pounded.
Worst draft in the history of the Browns. Absolute worst.
Correctamundo. These pussies will never draft an elite offensive playmaker, they are too scared. It will always be trade downs waiting for next year.
Correctamundo. These pussies will never draft an elite offensive playmaker, they are too scared. It will always be trade downs waiting for next year.
Njoku has potential to be an elite offensive playmaker. They drafted him.
-
Steelers draft OSU players, win games. Browns draft shitigan players, perennial losers
Steelers draft OSU players, win games. Browns draft shitigan players, perennial losers
Name a Michigan player we've drafted outside of Braylon
-
@boo-fagley said:
Good draft
I just dont get where the Browns are going QB wise with a Ben, Dalton and Flacco in the division. Cleveland still has the worst QB right now unless Orsewieller really turns it around.
Of those 4 QBs....only two of them took their teams to the playoffs last year....and guess which ones? Hint: remove Flacco and Dalton from your choices.
So...maybe the Browns could be OK.
You never know.
-
Wow, the nay sayers crack me up.
I like the picks so far!! The browns are putting together a team first and then will plug in a Qb to finish it next year.
Why draft a Qb and have him get destroyed or end up gun shy this upcoming season?
Peppers is going to be the next polomalu and totally rejuvenate the defense.
I have no problems with what they have done and until the season starts not a single one of you can predict what is going to happen. Let it play out and then reserve judgement.
Go Browns!!!!
Oh and Fuck Off Ghoolie!!
I agree.
We all knew, before this draft, that we weren't going to get all we wanted, but it appears we got 3 players who will be significant contributors this upcoming season and another 1st rounder next year. I chose to look at what we GOT & I like it too. We are building assets without mortgaging our future. That's a good thing.
Mike
I agree.
We all knew, before this draft, that we weren't going to get all we wanted, but it appears we got 3 players who will be significant contributors this upcoming season and another 1st rounder next year. I chose to look at what we GOT & I like it too. We are building assets without mortgaging our future. That's a good thing.
Mike
Well, we knew we wanted an edge rusher, and a couple of safeties, and a CB, and a TE, and a QB, and a DT and an OLB.
So, we got 3 of those spots in round one...with 2 second rounders to go. I do not think...or hope that a QB is in the cards in round 2. (none worth a second rounder IMO).
So, CB/DT/OLB get 2 out of those 3......and, as Meatloaf said...that ain't bad.
-
Steelers draft OSU players, win games. Browns draft shitigan players, perennial losers
Name a Michigan player we've drafted outside of Braylon
Name a Michigan player we've drafted outside of Braylon
If Peppers turns out as good as Thom Darden...then we are good.
And look: We don't give a damn about the whole fucking state of Michigan. We only care about the fact that he is a member of the Cleveland Browns. So let's concentrate on that and not on the fact that he comes Gooberville U.
He is a Brown.
Nothing more be said.
-
Name a Michigan player we've drafted outside of Braylon
If Peppers turns out as good as Thom Darden...then we are good.
And look: We don't give a damn about the whole fucking state of Michigan. We only care about the fact that he is a member of the Cleveland Browns. So let's concentrate on that and not on the fact that he comes Gooberville U.
He is a Brown.
Nothing more be said.
If Peppers turns out as good as Thom Darden...then we are good.
And look: We don't give a damn about the whole fucking state of Michigan. We only care about the fact that he is a member of the Cleveland Browns. So let's concentrate on that and not on the fact that he comes Gooberville U.
He is a Brown.
Nothing more be said.
I doubt you'd say that if he were from Ohio State.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login