Skip to content

YESSSSSSS

The Browns Board
91 32 3.3k
  • @londonbrown said:

    The QB with the best footwork, the best brain, a great arm and the biggest upside in the draft

    Yeah I'll take that at 52

    KIZER

    Very pleased. I wouldn't have minded if they took him in the 1st round and they got him at 52.

    @osiris said:

    Very pleased. I wouldn't have minded if they took him in the 1st round and they got him at 52.

    I would have thrown something at the TV....well maybe not but second round was fair just to pick A QB in 2017 and not get completely shut out.

  • Ghoolie is actually pretty spot on with Kizer. I actually doubt he will see the field this year and dont think he can beat out Cody Kessler. I see a decent backup from him thats about it

  • @ghoolie said:

    <p>

    rian Billick

    ✔@CoachBillick

    . Gets in trouble with lazy footwork.

    7:47 PM - 28 Apr 2017

    Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt)

    4/28/17, 8:55 PM

    DeShone Kizer needs time, but I think he'll end up being the best QB in this draft.

  • Analytically he is one of the more inaccurate passers in the class. he has the physical tools but none of the mental game. Combine that with a lack of love for the game and no leadership and questionable leadership.

    and lets not get too carried away about QB of the Future label theres a reason we stockpiled picks in 2018 and a reason Kizer went later than hackenberg.

  • Lol. Horrible draft.

  • I don't like the pick, but I hope he works out. I Picking QBs isn't an exact science I didn't like Prescott either and he proved me and a lot of others wrong. So maybe he will prove me wrong.

  • Just perusing the draft grade sites and it looks like most of them think he was a good pick, especially where we got him.

  • @ghoolie said:

    You people are out of your fucking minds. This guy is inaccurate, erratic, mistake prone, and he left college 2 years too early. No Veteran talent to work with the kid.

    Absolute horseshit pick. Absolute bust draft. Worst draft in the history of the Browns. This fucking kid will self destruct. But hey, inaccurate, mistake-prone, dumb? Right up Hue's DNA, yeah?

    LIke I said, the Browns will draft DeShit.

    Trubisky's brow almost touches his chin and gave up a forced fumble to a referee in a bowl game, what's your point?
  • nothing against kizer but i just see it as a wasted pick,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,being with all the ammo we have in next years draft to get the best qb off the board

  • @ghoolie said:

    <p>

    rian Billick

    ✔@CoachBillick

    . Gets in trouble with lazy footwork.

    7:47 PM - 28 Apr 2017

    Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt)

    4/28/17, 8:55 PM

    DeShone Kizer needs time, but I think he'll end up being the best QB in this draft.

    @jcam222 said:

    Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt)

    4/28/17, 8:55 PM

    DeShone Kizer needs time, but I think he'll end up being the best QB in this draft.

    That is it with nothing but time to clean up his mechanics like footwork, release, reads, etc....

    ....and then we wait to see what develops.

  • How do you ignore ghoolie? Using my phone i cant find ignore thing. Hes not a fan and ruins every post with his drivel.

  • How do you ignore ghoolie? Using my phone i cant find ignore thing. Hes not a fan and ruins every post with his drivel.

    @kvoethe said:

    How do you ignore ghoolie? Using my phone i cant find ignore thing. Hes not a fan and ruins every post with his drivel.

    Oh you noticed that too.

    Have you tried RAID? 😆

  • How do you ignore ghoolie? Using my phone i cant find ignore thing. Hes not a fan and ruins every post with his drivel.

    @kvoethe said:

    How do you ignore ghoolie? Using my phone i cant find ignore thing. Hes not a fan and ruins every post with his drivel.

    Capture_zpscidohtrx.png

  • Much thanks!!!

  • Just doesn't work if people quote him. Of course few do, so it's not that many adds, if you can't take the pain.

    I'm OK with Kizer at 2.20. He has tools and he has presence.

    Barring injury we probably won't see him until last 4 weeks of season, but I suspect he'll be ready earlier. I don't see learning our system as a big roadblock.

    Mechanics? Harder to change, but feel most of his footwork issues are a byproduct of low pocket awareness which is a byproduct of downfield focus to a fault. If he can improve his post snap reading, the rest should fall into place. Not the smallest "if" hurdle in the world, but one almost every rookie QB faces and one I think Kizer is capable of clearing... in time.

    Release? Harder yet to change, but I already saw some improvement from his 2016 tape to his Gruden appearance the key to which seems to be his new found emphasis on ball security... another correctable issue. So with a gimme improvement from ball security and earlier, more decisive, more confident reads, the ball should come out quicker... on time.

    Accuracy? Cleaner feet plus confidence plus timeliness will go a long way improving this.

    Putting the chain of events in motion begins tomorrow with the issue of a playbook...

  • How do you ignore ghoolie? Using my phone i cant find ignore thing. Hes not a fan and ruins every post with his drivel.

    @kvoethe said:

    How do you ignore ghoolie? Using my phone i cant find ignore thing. Hes not a fan and ruins every post with his drivel.

    When you see a post that starts with "ghoolie" skip it. Maybe skim it if you want to take some notes on ham-fisted troll technique. Or, you could just assume every ghoolie post says: "Browns fans are dumb, I am smart. Soon all the dumb Browns fans will tell ghoolie that ghoolie is smart and they are dumb and that black people carry satans dna."

  • Analytically he is one of the more inaccurate passers in the class. he has the physical tools but none of the mental game. Combine that with a lack of love for the game and no leadership and questionable leadership.

    and lets not get too carried away about QB of the Future label theres a reason we stockpiled picks in 2018 and a reason Kizer went later than hackenberg.

    @ghoolie said:

    You people are out of your fucking minds. This guy is inaccurate, erratic, mistake prone, and he left college 2 years too early. No Veteran talent to work with the kid.

    Absolute horseshit pick. This fucking kid will self destruct. But hey, inaccurate, mistake-prone, dumb? Right up Hue's DNA, yeah?

    LIke I said, the Browns will draft DeShit.

    ^^^^ Normally I don't quote Ghoolie much, but. MHO- horrible pick. He's not dumb though. Just football dumb. When our pick came up, I was hoping CB, then we draft a guy that I might have taken a chance on in the 6th round. You probably can guess my expletive when his name was announced. The wife was in the other room and asked "What are you screaming about?" Just like the WTF when Hue got a hard-on for RG III, I can see it now- Mr. QB whisperer told Sashi "I can fix him". Some things are so broken they can't be fixed Hue.

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Analytically he is one of the more inaccurate passers in the class. he has the physical tools but none of the mental game. Combine that with a lack of love for the game and no leadership and questionable leadership.

    and lets not get too carried away about QB of the Future label there's a reason we stockpiled picks in 2018 and a reason Kizer went later than hackenberg.

    I said it already- "Suck for Sam". I'm really POed now. Anybody but Kizer. I would have taken Webb or Dobbs before wasting a second round pick on a big time project that to my mind has around a 5% (at best) chance of success. He's the anti-Watson in ability to elevate the players around him, and the opposite of Trubs in the accuracy department. I suppose I'll have to support him because he's a Brown, but I have zero confidence he can even be good, much less great.

    BTW, on top of his many flaws- at least from my POV. In the personality department, he's as unlikable as Garrett is likable.

  • Hue's Pick for QB Purely ZERO analytics support kizer as a QB not a single metric supports Kizer as a QB of the future.

    All on you Hue

  • Hue's Pick for QB Purely ZERO analytics support kizer as a QB not a single metric supports Kizer as a QB of the future.

    All on you Hue

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Hue's Pick for QB Purely ZERO analytics support kizer as a QB not a single metric supports Kizer as a QB of the future.

    All on you Hue

    Love to see what 'metrics' support the peppers pick.

  • Ghoolie is actually pretty spot on with Kizer. I actually doubt he will see the field this year and dont think he can beat out Cody Kessler. I see a decent backup from him thats about it

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Ghoolie is actually pretty spot on with Kizer. I actually doubt he will see the field this year and dont think he can beat out Cody Kessler. I see a decent backup from him thats about it

    The problem is fans and media thinking he needs to see the field this year. When will Cleveland ever learn !