Skip to content

YESSSSSSS

The Browns Board
91 32 3.3k
  • How do you ignore ghoolie? Using my phone i cant find ignore thing. Hes not a fan and ruins every post with his drivel.

    @kvoethe said:

    How do you ignore ghoolie? Using my phone i cant find ignore thing. Hes not a fan and ruins every post with his drivel.

    When you see a post that starts with "ghoolie" skip it. Maybe skim it if you want to take some notes on ham-fisted troll technique. Or, you could just assume every ghoolie post says: "Browns fans are dumb, I am smart. Soon all the dumb Browns fans will tell ghoolie that ghoolie is smart and they are dumb and that black people carry satans dna."

  • Analytically he is one of the more inaccurate passers in the class. he has the physical tools but none of the mental game. Combine that with a lack of love for the game and no leadership and questionable leadership.

    and lets not get too carried away about QB of the Future label theres a reason we stockpiled picks in 2018 and a reason Kizer went later than hackenberg.

    @ghoolie said:

    You people are out of your fucking minds. This guy is inaccurate, erratic, mistake prone, and he left college 2 years too early. No Veteran talent to work with the kid.

    Absolute horseshit pick. This fucking kid will self destruct. But hey, inaccurate, mistake-prone, dumb? Right up Hue's DNA, yeah?

    LIke I said, the Browns will draft DeShit.

    ^^^^ Normally I don't quote Ghoolie much, but. MHO- horrible pick. He's not dumb though. Just football dumb. When our pick came up, I was hoping CB, then we draft a guy that I might have taken a chance on in the 6th round. You probably can guess my expletive when his name was announced. The wife was in the other room and asked "What are you screaming about?" Just like the WTF when Hue got a hard-on for RG III, I can see it now- Mr. QB whisperer told Sashi "I can fix him". Some things are so broken they can't be fixed Hue.

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Analytically he is one of the more inaccurate passers in the class. he has the physical tools but none of the mental game. Combine that with a lack of love for the game and no leadership and questionable leadership.

    and lets not get too carried away about QB of the Future label there's a reason we stockpiled picks in 2018 and a reason Kizer went later than hackenberg.

    I said it already- "Suck for Sam". I'm really POed now. Anybody but Kizer. I would have taken Webb or Dobbs before wasting a second round pick on a big time project that to my mind has around a 5% (at best) chance of success. He's the anti-Watson in ability to elevate the players around him, and the opposite of Trubs in the accuracy department. I suppose I'll have to support him because he's a Brown, but I have zero confidence he can even be good, much less great.

    BTW, on top of his many flaws- at least from my POV. In the personality department, he's as unlikable as Garrett is likable.

  • Hue's Pick for QB Purely ZERO analytics support kizer as a QB not a single metric supports Kizer as a QB of the future.

    All on you Hue

  • Hue's Pick for QB Purely ZERO analytics support kizer as a QB not a single metric supports Kizer as a QB of the future.

    All on you Hue

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Hue's Pick for QB Purely ZERO analytics support kizer as a QB not a single metric supports Kizer as a QB of the future.

    All on you Hue

    Love to see what 'metrics' support the peppers pick.

  • Ghoolie is actually pretty spot on with Kizer. I actually doubt he will see the field this year and dont think he can beat out Cody Kessler. I see a decent backup from him thats about it

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Ghoolie is actually pretty spot on with Kizer. I actually doubt he will see the field this year and dont think he can beat out Cody Kessler. I see a decent backup from him thats about it

    The problem is fans and media thinking he needs to see the field this year. When will Cleveland ever learn !

  • @cainedesoulis said:

    Ghoolie is actually pretty spot on with Kizer. I actually doubt he will see the field this year and dont think he can beat out Cody Kessler. I see a decent backup from him thats about it

    The problem is fans and media thinking he needs to see the field this year. When will Cleveland ever learn !

    @londonbrown said:

    The problem is fans and media thinking he needs to see the field this year. When will Cleveland ever learn !

    LOL, some of us may hope he sees the field never. Here's something to think about London. If you read Caine's repost (it gives me some ammunition that it was a bad pick) - 17th best QB by metrics sounds about right. So we sit Deshone all year- and stink. We're in the same situation in 2018 that the Jets are with Hackenberg. So, are we gonna pass on supposed stud Darnold with plenty of picks to get him, because Kizer hasn't gotten a fair chance to prove he sucks? I'll say this much, if Kizer was Hue's idea and he busts, he bought his ticket out of town. I'm almost at the Ghoolie level and the season hasn't even started. I wouldn't be too upset to can Jackson now, and let Williams take over. If that report is true- Sashi, how could you let a guy who was so totally wrong about Griffin make another QB pick? No Hue, my trust in you went out the door with RG III.

  • Just doesn't work if people quote him. Of course few do, so it's not that many adds, if you can't take the pain.

    I'm OK with Kizer at 2.20. He has tools and he has presence.

    Barring injury we probably won't see him until last 4 weeks of season, but I suspect he'll be ready earlier. I don't see learning our system as a big roadblock.

    Mechanics? Harder to change, but feel most of his footwork issues are a byproduct of low pocket awareness which is a byproduct of downfield focus to a fault. If he can improve his post snap reading, the rest should fall into place. Not the smallest "if" hurdle in the world, but one almost every rookie QB faces and one I think Kizer is capable of clearing... in time.

    Release? Harder yet to change, but I already saw some improvement from his 2016 tape to his Gruden appearance the key to which seems to be his new found emphasis on ball security... another correctable issue. So with a gimme improvement from ball security and earlier, more decisive, more confident reads, the ball should come out quicker... on time.

    Accuracy? Cleaner feet plus confidence plus timeliness will go a long way improving this.

    Putting the chain of events in motion begins tomorrow with the issue of a playbook...

    @tour2ma said:

    Just doesn't work if people quote him. Of course few do, so it's not that many adds, if you can't take the pain.

    I'm OK with Kizer at 2.20. He has tools and he has presence.

    Barring injury we probably won't see him until last 4 weeks of season, but I suspect he'll be ready earlier. I don't see learning our system as a big roadblock.

    Mechanics? Harder to change, but feel most of his footwork issues are a byproduct of low pocket awareness which is a byproduct of downfield focus to a fault. If he can improve his post snap reading, the rest should fall into place. Not the smallest "if" hurdle in the world, but one almost every rookie QB faces and one I think Kizer is capable of clearing... in time.

    Release? Harder yet to change, but I already saw some improvement from his 2016 tape to his Gruden appearance the key to which seems to be his new found emphasis on ball security... another correctable issue. So with a gimme improvement from ball security and earlier, more decisive, more confident reads, the ball should come out quicker... on time.

    Accuracy? Cleaner feet plus confidence plus timeliness will go a long way improving this.

    Putting the chain of events in motion begins tomorrow with the issue of a playbook...

    Looking on the sunny side of Deshone. That's admirable. I hope we can fix him. I wasn't the Curmudgeon in the Survival Pool for nothing. 🙂

  • Wow hope he never sees the field

    Welcome to Cleveland Deshone 😕

  • Just doesn't work if people quote him. Of course few do, so it's not that many adds, if you can't take the pain.

    I'm OK with Kizer at 2.20. He has tools and he has presence.

    Barring injury we probably won't see him until last 4 weeks of season, but I suspect he'll be ready earlier. I don't see learning our system as a big roadblock.

    Mechanics? Harder to change, but feel most of his footwork issues are a byproduct of low pocket awareness which is a byproduct of downfield focus to a fault. If he can improve his post snap reading, the rest should fall into place. Not the smallest "if" hurdle in the world, but one almost every rookie QB faces and one I think Kizer is capable of clearing... in time.

    Release? Harder yet to change, but I already saw some improvement from his 2016 tape to his Gruden appearance the key to which seems to be his new found emphasis on ball security... another correctable issue. So with a gimme improvement from ball security and earlier, more decisive, more confident reads, the ball should come out quicker... on time.

    Accuracy? Cleaner feet plus confidence plus timeliness will go a long way improving this.

    Putting the chain of events in motion begins tomorrow with the issue of a playbook...

    @tour2ma said:

    Just doesn't work if people quote him. Of course few do, so it's not that many adds, if you can't take the pain.

    I'm OK with Kizer at 2.20. He has tools and he has presence.

    Barring injury we probably won't see him until last 4 weeks of season, but I suspect he'll be ready earlier. I don't see learning our system as a big roadblock.

    Mechanics? Harder to change, but feel most of his footwork issues are a byproduct of low pocket awareness which is a byproduct of downfield focus to a fault. If he can improve his post snap reading, the rest should fall into place. Not the smallest "if" hurdle in the world, but one almost every rookie QB faces and one I think Kizer is capable of clearing... in time.

    Release? Harder yet to change, but I already saw some improvement from his 2016 tape to his Gruden appearance the key to which seems to be his new found emphasis on ball security... another correctable issue. So with a gimme improvement from ball security and earlier, more decisive, more confident reads, the ball should come out quicker... on time.

    Accuracy? Cleaner feet plus confidence plus timeliness will go a long way improving this.

    Putting the chain of events in motion begins tomorrow with the issue of a playbook...

    He's a smart kid, and smart kids respond to coaching more intensely than, well, Brandon Weeden. It goes both ways, he responded negatively to Kelly, I think he will respond positively to Jackson. At best he has all the physical tools to be the big AFC north QB we've all been clamoring for. At worst, we wasted a second round pick. That's the nature of drafting QBs. Zero sum game. I really don't get all the haters on this board for this pick.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Just doesn't work if people quote him. Of course few do, so it's not that many adds, if you can't take the pain.

    I'm OK with Kizer at 2.20. He has tools and he has presence.

    Barring injury we probably won't see him until last 4 weeks of season, but I suspect he'll be ready earlier. I don't see learning our system as a big roadblock.

    Mechanics? Harder to change, but feel most of his footwork issues are a byproduct of low pocket awareness which is a byproduct of downfield focus to a fault. If he can improve his post snap reading, the rest should fall into place. Not the smallest "if" hurdle in the world, but one almost every rookie QB faces and one I think Kizer is capable of clearing... in time.

    Release? Harder yet to change, but I already saw some improvement from his 2016 tape to his Gruden appearance the key to which seems to be his new found emphasis on ball security... another correctable issue. So with a gimme improvement from ball security and earlier, more decisive, more confident reads, the ball should come out quicker... on time.

    Accuracy? Cleaner feet plus confidence plus timeliness will go a long way improving this.

    Putting the chain of events in motion begins tomorrow with the issue of a playbook...

    Looking on the sunny side of Deshone. That's admirable. I hope we can fix him. I wasn't the Curmudgeon in the Survival Pool for nothing. 🙂

    @hoorta said:

    Looking on the sunny side of Deshone. That's admirable. I hope we can fix him. I wasn't the Curmudgeon in the Survival Pool for nothing. 🙂

    lol... that's better... No sunshine, just assessment...

    I dare you to employ the same tactic this coming Pool... in fact, I double-dawg dare ya!

    @londonbrown said:

    Wow hope he never sees the field. Welcome to Cleveland Deshone 😕

    Exactly my thought... ain't nothing says fan like, "Sure hope we wasted draft pick."

    @osiris said:

    He's a smart kid, and smart kids respond to coaching more intensely than, well, Brandon Weeden.

    Not that Kizer will be starting, but opening day will be a very important test of his potential...

    "Deshone! Buddy! Just stay out from under that big flag and you're already ahead of schedule..."

  • @tour2ma said:

    Just doesn't work if people quote him. Of course few do, so it's not that many adds, if you can't take the pain.

    I'm OK with Kizer at 2.20. He has tools and he has presence.

    Barring injury we probably won't see him until last 4 weeks of season, but I suspect he'll be ready earlier. I don't see learning our system as a big roadblock.

    Mechanics? Harder to change, but feel most of his footwork issues are a byproduct of low pocket awareness which is a byproduct of downfield focus to a fault. If he can improve his post snap reading, the rest should fall into place. Not the smallest "if" hurdle in the world, but one almost every rookie QB faces and one I think Kizer is capable of clearing... in time.

    Release? Harder yet to change, but I already saw some improvement from his 2016 tape to his Gruden appearance the key to which seems to be his new found emphasis on ball security... another correctable issue. So with a gimme improvement from ball security and earlier, more decisive, more confident reads, the ball should come out quicker... on time.

    Accuracy? Cleaner feet plus confidence plus timeliness will go a long way improving this.

    Putting the chain of events in motion begins tomorrow with the issue of a playbook...

    He's a smart kid, and smart kids respond to coaching more intensely than, well, Brandon Weeden. It goes both ways, he responded negatively to Kelly, I think he will respond positively to Jackson. At best he has all the physical tools to be the big AFC north QB we've all been clamoring for. At worst, we wasted a second round pick. That's the nature of drafting QBs. Zero sum game. I really don't get all the haters on this board for this pick.

    @osiris said:

    He's a smart kid, and smart kids respond to coaching more intensely than, well, Brandon Weeden. It goes both ways, he responded negatively to Kelly, I think he will respond positively to Jackson. At best he has all the physical tools to be the big AFC north QB we've all been clamoring for. At worst, we wasted a second round pick. That's the nature of drafting QBs. Zero sum game. I really don't get all the haters on this board for this pick.

    LOL! Kizer 28 on Wonderlic..........JM scored 31 so there's that....................... 😁

  • @osiris said:

    He's a smart kid, and smart kids respond to coaching more intensely than, well, Brandon Weeden. It goes both ways, he responded negatively to Kelly, I think he will respond positively to Jackson. At best he has all the physical tools to be the big AFC north QB we've all been clamoring for. At worst, we wasted a second round pick. That's the nature of drafting QBs. Zero sum game. I really don't get all the haters on this board for this pick.

    LOL! Kizer 28 on Wonderlic..........JM scored 31 so there's that....................... 😁

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! Kizer 28 on Wonderlic..........JM scored 31 so there's that....................... 😁

    hqdefault.jpg

  • @ghoolie said:

    You people are out of your fucking minds. This guy is inaccurate, erratic, mistake prone, and he left college 2 years too early. No Veteran talent to work with the kid.

    Absolute horseshit pick. This fucking kid will self destruct. But hey, inaccurate, mistake-prone, dumb? Right up Hue's DNA, yeah?

    LIke I said, the Browns will draft DeShit.

    ^^^^ Normally I don't quote Ghoolie much, but. MHO- horrible pick. He's not dumb though. Just football dumb. When our pick came up, I was hoping CB, then we draft a guy that I might have taken a chance on in the 6th round. You probably can guess my expletive when his name was announced. The wife was in the other room and asked "What are you screaming about?" Just like the WTF when Hue got a hard-on for RG III, I can see it now- Mr. QB whisperer told Sashi "I can fix him". Some things are so broken they can't be fixed Hue.

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Analytically he is one of the more inaccurate passers in the class. he has the physical tools but none of the mental game. Combine that with a lack of love for the game and no leadership and questionable leadership.

    and lets not get too carried away about QB of the Future label there's a reason we stockpiled picks in 2018 and a reason Kizer went later than hackenberg.

    I said it already- "Suck for Sam". I'm really POed now. Anybody but Kizer. I would have taken Webb or Dobbs before wasting a second round pick on a big time project that to my mind has around a 5% (at best) chance of success. He's the anti-Watson in ability to elevate the players around him, and the opposite of Trubs in the accuracy department. I suppose I'll have to support him because he's a Brown, but I have zero confidence he can even be good, much less great.

    BTW, on top of his many flaws- at least from my POV. In the personality department, he's as unlikable as Garrett is likable.

    @hoorta said:

    ^^^^ Normally I don't quote Ghoolie much, but. MHO- horrible pick. He's not dumb though. Just football dumb. When our pick came up, I was hoping CB, then we draft a guy that I might have taken a chance on in the 6th round. You probably can guess my expletive when his name was announced. The wife was in the other room and asked "What are you screaming about?" Just like the WTF when Hue got a hard-on for RG III, I can see it now- Mr. QB whisperer told Sashi "I can fix him". Some things are so broken they can't be fixed Hue.

    I said it already- "Suck for Sam". I'm really POed now. Anybody but Kizer. I would have taken Webb or Dobbs before wasting a second round pick on a big time project that to my mind has around a 5% (at best) chance of success. He's the anti-Watson in ability to elevate the players around him, and the opposite of Trubs in the accuracy department. I suppose I'll have to support him because he's a Brown, but I have zero confidence he can even be good, much less great.

    BTW, on top of his many flaws- at least from my POV. In the personality department, he's as unlikable as Garrett is likable.

    Well....I think the jury is still way out on how great a QB whisperer that Hue really is. Nothing so far done with the Browns reveals that he is anything special in training QBs.

    How did he get that reputation anyway? Certainly I would not think it is because of his work with Dalton? Or perhaps it is. When Hue left, Dalton was pretty shit. Still....jury out.

  • @londonbrown said:

    The problem is fans and media thinking he needs to see the field this year. When will Cleveland ever learn !

    LOL, some of us may hope he sees the field never. Here's something to think about London. If you read Caine's repost (it gives me some ammunition that it was a bad pick) - 17th best QB by metrics sounds about right. So we sit Deshone all year- and stink. We're in the same situation in 2018 that the Jets are with Hackenberg. So, are we gonna pass on supposed stud Darnold with plenty of picks to get him, because Kizer hasn't gotten a fair chance to prove he sucks? I'll say this much, if Kizer was Hue's idea and he busts, he bought his ticket out of town. I'm almost at the Ghoolie level and the season hasn't even started. I wouldn't be too upset to can Jackson now, and let Williams take over. If that report is true- Sashi, how could you let a guy who was so totally wrong about Griffin make another QB pick? No Hue, my trust in you went out the door with RG III.

    @hoorta said:

    LOL, some of us may hope he sees the field never. Here's something to think about London. If you read Caine's repost (it gives me some ammunition that it was a bad pick) - 17th best QB by metrics sounds about right. So we sit Deshone all year- and stink. We're in the same situation in 2018 that the Jets are with Hackenberg. So, are we gonna pass on supposed stud Darnold with plenty of picks to get him, because Kizer hasn't gotten a fair chance to prove he sucks? I'll say this much, if Kizer was Hue's idea and he busts, he bought his ticket out of town. I'm almost at the Ghoolie level and the season hasn't even started. I wouldn't be too upset to can Jackson now, and let Williams take over. If that report is true- Sashi, how could you let a guy who was so totally wrong about Griffin make another QB pick? No Hue, my trust in you went out the door with RG III.

    You didn't believe Hue when he said "Trust me" about Kessler?

  • @hoorta said:

    ^^^^ Normally I don't quote Ghoolie much, but. MHO- horrible pick. He's not dumb though. Just football dumb. When our pick came up, I was hoping CB, then we draft a guy that I might have taken a chance on in the 6th round. You probably can guess my expletive when his name was announced. The wife was in the other room and asked "What are you screaming about?" Just like the WTF when Hue got a hard-on for RG III, I can see it now- Mr. QB whisperer told Sashi "I can fix him". Some things are so broken they can't be fixed Hue.

    I said it already- "Suck for Sam". I'm really POed now. Anybody but Kizer. I would have taken Webb or Dobbs before wasting a second round pick on a big time project that to my mind has around a 5% (at best) chance of success. He's the anti-Watson in ability to elevate the players around him, and the opposite of Trubs in the accuracy department. I suppose I'll have to support him because he's a Brown, but I have zero confidence he can even be good, much less great.

    BTW, on top of his many flaws- at least from my POV. In the personality department, he's as unlikable as Garrett is likable.

    Well....I think the jury is still way out on how great a QB whisperer that Hue really is. Nothing so far done with the Browns reveals that he is anything special in training QBs.

    How did he get that reputation anyway? Certainly I would not think it is because of his work with Dalton? Or perhaps it is. When Hue left, Dalton was pretty shit. Still....jury out.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well....I think the jury is still way out on how great a QB whisperer that Hue really is. Nothing so far done with the Browns reveals that he is anything special in training QBs.

    How did he get that reputation anyway?

    Who knows....nothing he has ever done indicates he's a QB whisperer....thats something wishful fans made up when he came here...

    Hue's team resume on selected QB's while he's HC consists of....Terrelle Pryor....RGIII....Kessler....and now Kizer,,,,,no whispering happening here....

  • Pretty sure Dalton is on Hue's "whisper" list...

    Flacco as well...

  • Wow hope he never sees the field

    Welcome to Cleveland Deshone 😕

    @londonbrown said:

    Wow hope he never sees the field

    Welcome to Cleveland Deshone 😕

    We can be a rough crowd London. Some cheered when Tim Couch got hurt. The fans threw snowballs at Santa Claus when he got ko-ed on the sidelines near the Dawg Pound.

    Just me, but WHY did we draft Kizer when we already have a guy on the roster that plays like him and is even taller? I have more hope the Ostrich can be fixed than Deshone.

  • Pretty sure Dalton is on Hue's "whisper" list...

    Flacco as well...

    @tour2ma said:

    Pretty sure Dalton is on Hue's "whisper" list...

    Flacco as well...

    Tour tour tour.....Ive never seen anyone give Hue credit for those guys....cept some Browns fans here,,,, after we signed him....

    Just dont see any offensive genius in them bones....no whisperer....no O genius plan....nada....

  • The good news (thanks in large to the Orange stuff/beverage) is Kizer doesn't have to worry about Hoorta's accuracy with batteries any more than Elway had to. Now that would be a pretty fun video watching Hoorta in the wind-up with REM singing "Got my Orange Crush..."

  • Horrible pick.