Skip to content

Around the AFCN's Drafts...

The Browns Board
141 20 3.4k
  • Sounds like a guy who doesn't know the answers... πŸ˜‰

    @tour2ma said:

    Sounds like a guy who doesn't know the answers... πŸ˜‰

    Premerger? I don't. I know some but not enough to speak intelligently. The era didn't and doesn't interest me outside of Jim Brown highlights and a select few others.

  • @vagitron said:

    I'm not a football historian. I was born in 82. I have zero interest in those "trivia" things you do and don't participate for that reason. I didn't start diligently following football until around my early teenage years. I had too much going on, on the weekends. If I were in my 60's maybe I'd be more inclined to participate.

    It's still OK to give your opinion based upon your life experiences and what you've heard, read and seen, that's how you learn and then someday you can be an old geezer know-it-all. πŸ˜‰

    @mjp28 said:

    It's still OK to give your opinion based upon your life experiences and what you've heard, read and seen, that's how you learn and then someday you can be an old geezer know-it-all. πŸ˜‰

    Oh believe me I soak up a ton of information and am pretty well versed in a good number of things. I just never took an interest in the NFL pre-merger. I can appreciate it but I don't have the desire to dive into it and become someone that can talk about it freely. As humans we are never done learning. I'm 100% with you.

  • @the-gipper said:

    So, in other words, you admit that you are the clueless one. Everything you say on here that you think you know so much about is just about some minutiae point about the Steelers team. Whether Stephon Tuitt is listed as a DT or a DE or rotates among positions is among the most purely minor trivia point anyone can think of.

    But you just don't see that, because you are typical stupid Steeler fan.

    I know what I classify as a lot about the league and the game since I started following in my early teens. I don't know a lot about the NFL pre merger. The game in the here and now? You aren't close. You barely know your own damn team.

    @vagitron said:

    I know what I classify as a lot about the league and the game since I started following in my early teens. I don't know a lot about the NFL pre merger. The game in the here and now? You aren't close. You barely know your own damn team.

    The merger happened during my senior year in high school and I'm 66 going on 67 now.

  • @vagitron said:

    I know what I classify as a lot about the league and the game since I started following in my early teens. I don't know a lot about the NFL pre merger. The game in the here and now? You aren't close. You barely know your own damn team.

    The merger happened during my senior year in high school and I'm 66 going on 67 now.

    @mjp28 said:

    The merger happened during my senior year in high school and I'm 66 going on 67 now.

    Around my dad's age if he were still alive. I will be 35 in september.

  • @mjp28 said:

    The merger happened during my senior year in high school and I'm 66 going on 67 now.

    Around my dad's age if he were still alive. I will be 35 in september.

    @vagitron said:

    Around my dad's age if he were still alive. I will be 35 in september.

    You are September 27 I'm 28.

  • @the-gipper said:

    So, in other words, you admit that you are the clueless one. Everything you say on here that you think you know so much about is just about some minutiae point about the Steelers team. Whether Stephon Tuitt is listed as a DT or a DE or rotates among positions is among the most purely minor trivia point anyone can think of.

    But you just don't see that, because you are typical stupid Steeler fan.

    I know what I classify as a lot about the league and the game since I started following in my early teens. I don't know a lot about the NFL pre merger. The game in the here and now? You aren't close. You barely know your own damn team.

    @vagitron said:

    I know what I classify as a lot about the league and the game since I started following in my early teens. I don't know a lot about the NFL pre merger. The game in the here and now? You aren't close. You barely know your own damn team.

    You don't know your own team. Tuitt is a hybrid DE/DT. You don't even know that. You know a teeny tiny little bit about your one team. I know a lot about all the teams, now and then.

    As for the NFL pre-merger ...I learn about stuff by reading about stuff.

    I would be glad to engage in a contest about my knowledge about the Browns compared to your knowledge about the Steelers.

    I would be glad to engage in a contest about my knowleged about all teams compared to your knowledge about them.

    Its your money....how much of it do you want put up and give me?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Sounds like a guy who doesn't know the answers... πŸ˜‰

    Premerger? I don't. I know some but not enough to speak intelligently. The era didn't and doesn't interest me outside of Jim Brown highlights and a select few others.

    @vagitron said:

    Premerger? I don't. I know some but not enough to speak intelligently. The era didn't and doesn't interest me outside of Jim Brown highlights and a select few others.

    An admission of ignorance. Trust us...its not the only thing you are ignorant of.

  • 35? Shit, Vag... I thought I've been talking to an adult all this time...

  • 35? Shit, Vag... I thought I've been talking to an adult all this time...

    @tour2ma said:

    35? Shit, Vag... I thought I've been talking to an adult all this time...

    LOL! I'll heat up the baby formula. I doubt they have learned the joys of breast feeding yet. πŸ˜†

  • @tour2ma said:

    35? Shit, Vag... I thought I've been talking to an adult all this time...

    LOL! I'll heat up the baby formula. I doubt they have learned the joys of breast feeding yet. πŸ˜†

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! I'll heat up the baby formula. I doubt they have learned the joys of breast feeding yet. πŸ˜†

    Cause' he's a 'similac' baby!!...

  • @vagitron said:

    I know what I classify as a lot about the league and the game since I started following in my early teens. I don't know a lot about the NFL pre merger. The game in the here and now? You aren't close. You barely know your own damn team.

    You don't know your own team. Tuitt is a hybrid DE/DT. You don't even know that. You know a teeny tiny little bit about your one team. I know a lot about all the teams, now and then.

    As for the NFL pre-merger ...I learn about stuff by reading about stuff.

    I would be glad to engage in a contest about my knowledge about the Browns compared to your knowledge about the Steelers.

    I would be glad to engage in a contest about my knowleged about all teams compared to your knowledge about them.

    Its your money....how much of it do you want put up and give me?

    @the-gipper said:

    You don't know your own team. Tuitt is a hybrid DE/DT. You don't even know that. You know a teeny tiny little bit about your one team. I know a lot about all the teams, now and then.

    As for the NFL pre-merger ...I learn about stuff by reading about stuff.

    I would be glad to engage in a contest about my knowledge about the Browns compared to your knowledge about the Steelers.

    I would be glad to engage in a contest about my knowleged about all teams compared to your knowledge about them.

    Its your money....how much of it do you want put up and give me?

    He has never played a down as a defensive tackle for the Steelers, outside of sub packages and as already mentioned in the 3-4 its a nose tackle. Hargrave man's that position not Tuitt. I know the NFL in the here and now and I'm CERTAIN i know more about the league as a whole than you. Your posts and questions are indicative of that on a weekly basis. I also learn from reading about things. I learn something new every day with the amount I try to read, it just so happens I don't care to read about the NFL of yesteryear or the NFL premerger when the Browns were relevant. I didn't grow up in that era, you did and it's the lone difference. As far as your ridiculous bet there is ZERO way without meeting in person (I don't think i could stomach being in the same room with you) to determine if someone is cheating with google or a book or whatever source material you choose to use. As I said previously I'm well versed in a lot of things, premerger NFL isn't one of them and it will never be as it doesn't interest me in the least.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! I'll heat up the baby formula. I doubt they have learned the joys of breast feeding yet. πŸ˜†

    Cause' he's a 'similac' baby!!...

    @nickers said:

    Cause' he's a 'similac' baby!!...

    I was breastfed but there is nothing wrong with formula, especially in this day and age. A lot of women can't breastfeed so don't be a dick.

  • @vagitron said:

    Around my dad's age if he were still alive. I will be 35 in september.

    You are September 27 I'm 28.

    @mjp28 said:

    You are September 27 I'm 28.

    Nice, a fellow Libra. I guess that explains why you seem to be pretty chill. I have a hard time not getting along with everyone. Poor gipper thinks he's the message board authority/gate keeper. I ruffle his tightie whities.

  • .. not to mention delivering the occasional wedgie...

  • So, never played a down except....means he has played more than a down. For such a knowledgeable football fan, you don't seem to understand sub packages count.

    Pretty basic stuff...

  • @the-gipper said:

    You don't know your own team. Tuitt is a hybrid DE/DT. You don't even know that. You know a teeny tiny little bit about your one team. I know a lot about all the teams, now and then.

    As for the NFL pre-merger ...I learn about stuff by reading about stuff.

    I would be glad to engage in a contest about my knowledge about the Browns compared to your knowledge about the Steelers.

    I would be glad to engage in a contest about my knowleged about all teams compared to your knowledge about them.

    Its your money....how much of it do you want put up and give me?

    He has never played a down as a defensive tackle for the Steelers, outside of sub packages and as already mentioned in the 3-4 its a nose tackle. Hargrave man's that position not Tuitt. I know the NFL in the here and now and I'm CERTAIN i know more about the league as a whole than you. Your posts and questions are indicative of that on a weekly basis. I also learn from reading about things. I learn something new every day with the amount I try to read, it just so happens I don't care to read about the NFL of yesteryear or the NFL premerger when the Browns were relevant. I didn't grow up in that era, you did and it's the lone difference. As far as your ridiculous bet there is ZERO way without meeting in person (I don't think i could stomach being in the same room with you) to determine if someone is cheating with google or a book or whatever source material you choose to use. As I said previously I'm well versed in a lot of things, premerger NFL isn't one of them and it will never be as it doesn't interest me in the least.

    @vagitron said:

    He has never played a down as a defensive tackle for the Steelers, outside of sub packages and as already mentioned in the 3-4 its a nose tackle. Hargrave man's that position not Tuitt. I know the NFL in the here and now and I'm CERTAIN i know more about the league as a whole than you.

    The only thing for certain is that you are a little pussy....that is why you have your name.

    Your posts and questions are indicative of that on a weekly basis. I also learn from reading about things...about ONE subject...maybe.

    . I learn something new every day with the amount I try to read, it just so happens I don't care to read about the NFL of yesteryear or the NFL premerger when the Browns were relevant. I didn't grow up in that era, you did and it's the lone difference.

    I didn't grow up in much of that era either. I didn't grow up in a lot of the eras in history...yet I know a lot about them.

    Your short miserable life is really irrelevent to the grand scheme of things. Typical Gen Y....don't know shit about shit other than what smacks them square in the face.

    As far as your ridiculous bet there is ZERO way without meeting in person (I don't think i could stomach being in the same room with you

    I know....you are a little fag that likes to hang with other little fags.....can't stomach a real man in your presence.

    ) to determine if someone is cheating with google or a book or whatever source material you choose to use. As I said previously I'm well versed in a lot of things, premerger NFL isn't one of them and it will never be as it doesn't interest me in the least.

    Nothing interests you apparently......You are a one trick pony. You know a little bit about the Steelers....a little bit. Other than that...you know nothing and have nothing to contribute here.

    You don't even contribute to the surveys...and those are just opinions. (but I guess you have to have a little bit of knowledge to even form an opinion.

  • So, never played a down except....means he has played more than a down. For such a knowledgeable football fan, you don't seem to understand sub packages count.

    Pretty basic stuff...

    @choco said:

    So, never played a down except....means he has played more than a down. For such a knowledgeable football fan, you don't seem to understand sub packages count.

    Pretty basic stuff...

    Honestly I just didn't feel like going back and editing it. I'm closing shift at our business and posting from my phone. He's not a dt in our system, he's not a clogger which is why you need with a nose tackle in the 34.

  • @mjp28 said:

    You are September 27 I'm 28.

    Nice, a fellow Libra. I guess that explains why you seem to be pretty chill. I have a hard time not getting along with everyone. Poor gipper thinks he's the message board authority/gate keeper. I ruffle his tightie whities.

    @vagitron said:

    Nice, a fellow Libra. I guess that explains why you seem to be pretty chill. I have a hard time not getting along with everyone. Poor gipper thinks he's the message board authority/gate keeper. I ruffle his tightie whities.

    See, there it is....your lifetime dream...to get into my tightie whities. No thanks. I am straight. Perhaps Z was right originally to call you Homotron. I said you were not gay, just a big puss. Maybe we should reevaluate.

  • @vagitron said:

    He has never played a down as a defensive tackle for the Steelers, outside of sub packages and as already mentioned in the 3-4 its a nose tackle. Hargrave man's that position not Tuitt. I know the NFL in the here and now and I'm CERTAIN i know more about the league as a whole than you.

    The only thing for certain is that you are a little pussy....that is why you have your name.

    Your posts and questions are indicative of that on a weekly basis. I also learn from reading about things...about ONE subject...maybe.

    . I learn something new every day with the amount I try to read, it just so happens I don't care to read about the NFL of yesteryear or the NFL premerger when the Browns were relevant. I didn't grow up in that era, you did and it's the lone difference.

    I didn't grow up in much of that era either. I didn't grow up in a lot of the eras in history...yet I know a lot about them.

    Your short miserable life is really irrelevent to the grand scheme of things. Typical Gen Y....don't know shit about shit other than what smacks them square in the face.

    As far as your ridiculous bet there is ZERO way without meeting in person (I don't think i could stomach being in the same room with you

    I know....you are a little fag that likes to hang with other little fags.....can't stomach a real man in your presence.

    ) to determine if someone is cheating with google or a book or whatever source material you choose to use. As I said previously I'm well versed in a lot of things, premerger NFL isn't one of them and it will never be as it doesn't interest me in the least.

    Nothing interests you apparently......You are a one trick pony. You know a little bit about the Steelers....a little bit. Other than that...you know nothing and have nothing to contribute here.

    You don't even contribute to the surveys...and those are just opinions. (but I guess you have to have a little bit of knowledge to even form an opinion.

    @the-gipper said:

    @vagitron said:

    He has never played a down as a defensive tackle for the Steelers, outside of sub packages and as already mentioned in the 3-4 its a nose tackle. Hargrave man's that position not Tuitt. I know the NFL in the here and now and I'm CERTAIN i know more about the league as a whole than you.

    The only thing for certain is that you are a little pussy....that is why you have your name.

    Your posts and questions are indicative of that on a weekly basis. I also learn from reading about things...about ONE subject...maybe.

    . I learn something new every day with the amount I try to read, it just so happens I don't care to read about the NFL of yesteryear or the NFL premerger when the Browns were relevant. I didn't grow up in that era, you did and it's the lone difference.

    I didn't grow up in much of that era either. I didn't grow up in a lot of the eras in history...yet I know a lot about them.

    Your short miserable life is really irrelevent to the grand scheme of things. Typical Gen Y....don't know shit about shit other than what smacks them square in the face.

    As far as your ridiculous bet there is ZERO way without meeting in person (I don't think i could stomach being in the same room with you

    I know....you are a little fag that likes to hang with other little fags.....can't stomach a real man in your presence.

    ) to determine if someone is cheating with google or a book or whatever source material you choose to use. As I said previously I'm well versed in a lot of things, premerger NFL isn't one of them and it will never be as it doesn't interest me in the least.

    Nothing interests you apparently......You are a one trick pony. You know a little bit about the Steelers....a little bit. Other than that...you know nothing and have nothing to contribute here.

    You don't even contribute to the surveys...and those are just opinions. (but I guess you have to have a little bit of knowledge to even form an opinion.

    I was raised to pursue knowledge. I just don't give a shit about the NFL pre merger. I'm a business owner now, 12 employees. I have to be doing something right so clearly I know something about something. I'm also more millennial than gen y. You as a baby boomer are part of the reason this country is fucked up, so what do you have to say for your generations bs?

    As far as your surveys are concerned, I don't live here and frankly I don't like you much, soooooo I'm less inclined to participate in your stupid surveys.

  • So, never played a down except....means he has played more than a down. For such a knowledgeable football fan, you don't seem to understand sub packages count.

    Pretty basic stuff...

    @choco said:

    So, never played a down except....means he has played more than a down. For such a knowledgeable football fan, you don't seem to understand sub packages count.

    Pretty basic stuff...

    Why would a reliable source such as PFR list him as a DT. But, of course, old mewling Orifice knows more than anyone else about the Steelers...he reads. He knows more than the professionals. Hell, he thinks he knows more about how the Steeler coaches deploy their talent than the Steeler coaches do.

    The line could have fallen apart without their team captain; instead it came together. It was a testament to quality reserves stepping into new and more prominent roles and to the coaches who tweaked their scheme to take advantage of the diverse skill set of third-year defensive end Stephon Tuitt, who played up and down the line during Heyward’s absence.