Skip to content

Rush today

Political Discussion
121 12 5.3k
  • If you guys would indulge me for a second, could you all tell me how old you are? Just curious.

    I'm 35.

  • Yes, I love this game. Bush's tax cuts funneled far more money to the well-off than they did to the middle class. Everyone acknowledges that, because it's just a fact. But you can't talk about that -- that's class warfare. Closing tax loopholes that were never supposed to be? Those are anti-business policies. Estate tax? Punishing "productive" people and giving the money to freeloaders.

    Instead, let's focus on the real problem facing this country - lazy poor people and all the awesome free stuff they're getting, living high on the hog in subsidized housing, receiving food stamps. What a life.

    Government by resentment. Wonderful priorities. Let's not try and do better by these people (by, say, extending health care benefits to all Americans, or trying to improve rural or inner-city schools) let's spend all our time snarling at them.

    You're a perfect conception of what's wrong with the Republican Party - they no longer apply conservative solutions to common problems, they dismiss the problems entirely, instead wallowing in anger and provincialism.

    Maybe one of these days you'll catch on that while you're supposedly taking Democrats to task for class resentment, you seethe with class resentment of your own. Just swap "rich" for "poor" and you might see the inherent flaw in your argument.

    You don't mind class resentment at all. You just don't like it when it's aimed at the rich.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    Yes, I love this game. Bush's tax cuts funneled far more money to the well-off than they did to the middle class. Everyone acknowledges that, because it's just a fact. But you can't talk about that -- that's class warfare. Closing tax loopholes that were never supposed to be? Those are anti-business policies. Estate tax? Punishing "productive" people and giving the money to freeloaders.

    True all around.

    1% of ten is less than 1% of twenty. Thanks. I knew that.

    Instead, let's focus on the real problem facing this country - lazy poor people and all the awesome free stuff they're getting, living high on the hog in subsidized housing, receiving food stamps. What a life.

    Oh no Heck. Thats your take.

    Sure the welfare state breeds resentment poverty and other social ills but it's a small amount of money. It's the cradle to grave socialism for every American except the ruling class.

    Government by resentment. Wonderful priorities.

    It won an election for you.

    Let's not try and do better by these people (by, say, extending health care benefits to all Americans, or trying to improve rural or inner-city schools) let's spend all our time snarling at them.

    Yes you're right. Health care isn't enough fun to pay for.

    Cars and stuff take priority until you're old.

    Screw paying for that.

    Hey it sucks to pay for food electricity and beer too.

    Don't bogart that gas bill.

    And darn if you didn't figure it out.

    Inner city schools would be lots better if the NEA got a big raise.

    You're a perfect conception of what's wrong with the Republican Party - they no longer apply conservative solutions to common problems, they dismiss the problems entirely, instead wallowing in anger and provincialism.

    Really? How so? Even if it were so it's better than "blame the man" bit you play.

    Maybe one of these days you'll catch on that while you're supposedly taking Democrats to task for class resentment, you seethe with class resentment of your own. Just swap "rich" for "poor" and you might see the inherent flaw in your argument.

    Hey seething's better than teeming.

    But two points.

    First you're right BUT welfare isn't a big chunk of cash. I have no problem taking care of the needy. But when you have to take care of the bums too the needy lose out.

    (And we weren't talking about only welfare til yuou tried to change the subject)

    And as badly as you hate the rich at least they're doing something for success. If not it disappears soon enough.

    You don't mind class resentment at all. You just don't like it when it's aimed at the rich.

    So you admit to it?

    That's a start.

    And yes I think more of most rich than most poor though it's too grossly exaggerated to even mention.

    Lets say "some" poor.

    Because many poor are whipped up into an angry mob by self styled saviors promising to take down the rich man.

    Blame the man.

    WSS

  • 56

    WSS

  • 58, but

    actually, I'm 42.

    Started going backwards at 50, because at 1, you're just about

    as helpless as you are at 100,

    and I'd rather be younger in my old age. @@

  • Speaking of Rush Limbaugh and keeping with the main subject of the thread...

    Rush spoke on the radio today.

    About a memo from lawyers of the Obama admin - admitting

    that CO2 in not in any way a poison, and the pushing of the

    issue without any scientific basis is for political gain.

    It was on C-Span, it's a 9 page report, it was a Congressman

    from Montana? or N. Dakota who got a hold of it.

    Well, isn't that embarrassing to those who drank the silly koolaid

    about CO2 causing man made global warming. !!!

    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/sit...5113.guest.html

  • 1% of ten is less than 1% of twenty. Thanks. I knew that.

    Yes, of course, Steve! Bush was required to cut everyone's taxes by the exact same percentage. He couldn't cut some people's taxes and not others, or cut some by greater percentages than others. He was bound to keep them all equal. Now I get it!

    Thank God we have you around. That explains why I should have accepted it as good policy all along - it's not the dollar amount that matters, it's the percentage!

    Jesus.

    Also, can you now find me an example of these "blame the man" arguments you keep insisting I'm relying on? I bet you can't find any of these either. Which will make you 0-for-3 in just about the last week.

  • Well I guess that closes the book on that phony Global Warming crap, eh cal.

  • 29

  • Thank you. But Heck won't buy it - he'll say it was just a brilliant secret memo to lie

    about global warming in a deep sinister secret appeal to critics of the doofus manmade global warming

    theory.

    You?

  • Yes, Cal, what Jackson is talking about is what Tupa and I have have been talking about for months - that you don't want to use the Clean Air Act to regulate CO2 out of the EPA because it's overly cumbersome and expensive for businesses, but that you want to do it with a cap and trade system.

    That's what Jackson is saying here.

    Rush wants to use this memo to say that "everything about CO2 is a myth", when that's not what it says, or what the memo is about. It's simply questioning whether or not CO2 should be regulated as a pollutant under the Clean Air Act.

    It's not saying global warming doesn't exist, or that CO2 isn't a problem. And whoever wrote this memo ended up losing this fight, because the EPA agreed - and has long agreed, but were denied by the Bush administration - that CO2 is a pollutant and eligible to be regulated under the Clean Air Act. But that's not to say that this is the best or most efficient way to regulate CO2, because it isn't. Which is why the Obama administration wants a cap and trade program instead.

    I know this is all way over your head, but this is another example of why you shouldn't get your news from Rush Limbaugh.

    But hey, that's why I'm here - to correct all of his bullshit. It only takes a quick skim and a second of thought.

  • 1. You're wrong.

    2. You rationalize constantly to keep from having to lower your standards

    of arrogance to admit it.

    3. The memo is apparently over YOUR HEAD. You haven't seen it. Rush has.

    4. See 1, 2 and 3.

    5. It's nice I get to post a bunch of Rush stuff in your thread. Thanks !

  • Come on, cal. Enough already. No more of the Rush stuff. Please. It isn't news. It isn't even accurate. It (Rush) is there to generate listeners and, most importantly, advertising dollars. And he's great at it; he strikes a nerve, for sure. I'm begging you to read the DFW article I posted in the article thread. It makes me sad to see someone so delusional, so caught up in what's essentially a ploy for ad dollars.

    You don't have to believe in anything Obama's (or anyone else's) doing. But to get your news from Rush Limbaugh is doing yourself a great disservice.

  • Yes, Cal, what Jackson is talking about is what Tupa and I have have been talking about for months - that you don't want to use the Clean Air Act to regulate CO2 out of the EPA because it's overly cumbersome and expensive for businesses, but that you want to do it with a cap and trade system.

    That's what Jackson is saying here.

    Rush wants to use this memo to say that "everything about CO2 is a myth", when that's not what it says, or what the memo is about. It's simply questioning whether or not CO2 should be regulated as a pollutant under the Clean Air Act.

    It's not saying global warming doesn't exist, or that CO2 isn't a problem. And whoever wrote this memo ended up losing this fight, because the EPA agreed - and has long agreed, but were denied by the Bush administration - that CO2 is a pollutant and eligible to be regulated under the Clean Air Act. But that's not to say that this is the best or most efficient way to regulate CO2, because it isn't. Which is why the Obama administration wants a cap and trade program instead.

    I know this is all way over your head, but this is another example of why you shouldn't get your news from Rush Limbaugh.

    But hey, that's why I'm here - to correct all of his bullshit. It only takes a quick skim and a second of thought.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    Yes, Cal, what Jackson is talking about is what Tupa and I have have been talking about for months - that you don't want to use the Clean Air Act to regulate CO2 out of the EPA because it's overly cumbersome and expensive for businesses, but that you want to do it with a cap and trade system.

    That's what Jackson is saying here.

    Rush wants to use this memo to say that "everything about CO2 is a myth", when that's not what it says, or what the memo is about. It's simply questioning whether or not CO2 should be regulated as a pollutant under the Clean Air Act.

    It's not saying global warming doesn't exist, or that CO2 isn't a problem. And whoever wrote this memo ended up losing this fight, because the EPA agreed - and has long agreed, but were denied by the Bush administration - that CO2 is a pollutant and eligible to be regulated under the Clean Air Act. But that's not to say that this is the best or most efficient way to regulate CO2, because it isn't. Which is why the Obama administration wants a cap and trade program instead.

    I know this is all way over your head, but this is another example of why you shouldn't get your news from Rush Limbaugh.

    But hey, that's why I'm here - to correct all of his bullshit. It only takes a quick skim and a second of thought.

    I actually caught this on my way to lunch. Yes, I went searching for Rush's show but only because I was hoping for some context for yesterday or whenever it was.

    Rush did the "this memo says CO2 isn't a pollutant" for about 2-3 minutes and I seriously considered ending my life. Appetite was gone.

    When the "I knew it!!" calls began pouring in, I turned it off for fear of acting on the former thought.

  • 1% of ten is less than 1% of twenty. Thanks. I knew that.

    Yes, of course, Steve! Bush was required to cut everyone's taxes by the exact same percentage. He couldn't cut some people's taxes and not others, or cut some by greater percentages than others. He was bound to keep them all equal. Now I get it!

    Thank God we have you around. That explains why I should have accepted it as good policy all along - it's not the dollar amount that matters, it's the percentage!

    Jesus.

    Also, can you now find me an example of these "blame the man" arguments you keep insisting I'm relying on? I bet you can't find any of these either. Which will make you 0-for-3 in just about the last week.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    1% of ten is less than 1% of twenty. Thanks. I knew that.

    Yes, of course, Steve! Bush was required to cut everyone's taxes by the exact same percentage. He couldn't cut some people's taxes and not others, or cut some by greater percentages than others. He was bound to keep them all equal. Now I get it!

    No Heck.

    You don't get it.

    But we get that.

    Thank God we have you around. That explains why I should have accepted it as good policy all along - it's not the dollar amount that matters, it's the percentage!

    Right e O.

    Make it 90% and we'll all be rich.

    Hey why not do it today?

    Jesus.

    Your word of the day? Ironic ain't it?

    Also, can you now find me an example of these "blame the man" arguments you keep insisting I'm relying on? I bet you can't find any of these either. Which will make you 0-for-3 in just about the last week.

    Lets see....

    This depression and starvation of poor people and the "worst economy since DE GREAT DEPRESSION was caused by Bush's tax cuts for the rich.

    Crime bad schools poverty all due to the greed of the man.

    Taxes are just too low DAMN you Bush!!!!

    The rich man the white man the republican man.

    And you drink the Kool Aid daily.

    As to #3, OK I admit I've never actually seen you pee yourself at an Obama rally though you say it's a natural response.

    And AGAIN no response but stupid attacks.

    You really are a tool.

    WSS

  • That was you listing my arguments? I've made those arguments? When? Where?

    That's really pathetic.

  • That was you listing my arguments? I've made those arguments? When? Where?

    That's really pathetic.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    That was you listing my arguments? I've made those arguments? When? Where?

    That's really pathetic.

    Great.

    We accept the revelation you've embraced.

    So reversing the tax cuts would be a bad idea.

    Higher taxes will not help any of the problems.

    Welcome aboard.

    BTW is that it?

    Great stuff.

    WSS

  • Oh, for God's sake.

    Again, can you find an example of me making the arguments you accuse me of making, or are you going to make them up on your own and claim they're mine, like two posts ago, or play dumb, like your last post?

    Or maybe you could, you know, not make up arguments I don't make and then attribute them to me.

    That's what's pathetic.

  • Here's some more info on that memo Rush and Glenn Beck are touting as a smoking gun:

    "The author of the skeptical comments forwarded by the OMB was Joseph M. Johnson, a Bush administration holdover in the Small Business Administration’s Office of Advocacy. In 2005, Johnson joined the SBA from the Mercatus Center, an anti-regulatory think tank founded by Koch Industries."

    And what business is Koch in?

    "...petroleum, chemicals, energy, fiber, intermediates and polymers, minerals, fertilizers, pulp and paper, chemical technology equipment."

  • For the record, 46.

    But the question is how does Obama deliver tax cuts to people who don't pay income taxes?

    During his Presidential campaign Obama promised a tax cut to 95% of working families.

    Almost half of the 95% of Americans that Obama was talking about don’t even pay income taxes.

    Obama’s goons soon cried out and said that they pay Social Security taxes and Medicare taxes.

    But themoney that goes to Social Security isn’t a tax, it’s a contribution.

    Your paycheck notes. FICA That’s “Federal Insurance Contribution Act.” Its a insurance premium, not a tax.

    Obama wants to give the lower income bracket a free ride on their Social Security. Which turns Social Security and Medicare into a welfare program.

    Obama’s tax cut, is a welfare check. Another government handout.

    Simply put, you can’t give tax cuts to people who don’t pay income taxes.

    An astonishing 43.4 percent of Americans now pay zero or negative federal income taxes. The number of single or jointly-filing "taxpayers" - the word must be applied sparingly - who pay no taxes or receive government handouts has reached 65.6 million, out of a total of 151 million.

    individual-income-tax-brackets-2008_1224554172199.png

  • Well, now Rush is talking about Obama criticizing McCain for wanting to tax health benefits.

    But now, Obama plans to tax health benefits.

    Any libs ready to spit out their we'vebeenscrewedover koolaid?

    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/sit...5111.guest.html

    Oh, but Heck is pathetic - he'll keep right on ignoring the hypocrisy and socialistobama's lies.