Skip to content

Browns approached about training camp in Hall of Fame Village

The Browns Board
45 18 1.2k
  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #9

    Hmm. Organize a BB training camp date? (Preferably a Sunday)

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #10

    i agree that would be flipping awesome

  • @flugel said:

    That was a fun road trip I had visiting you and Canton Mike last year. You had the waitress at the Diner so focused on "well done but not too well done" that I almost got two 10s for a 5. I think you had her nervous that conversation was going to progress into "ma'am, how sweet is that sweetener?" And then when it was my turn to order - everything looked so good I just said something like "I'll take page 2 please."

    Tom, think of future road trips if TC is actually held here in Canton. Practically right in my own backyard with lots yet to do & places to go. It will be very interesting to see what happens, but it does seem the "TC in Columbus" rumors have gone away.

    Mike

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #11

    @canton-mike said:

    Tom, think of future road trips if TC is actually held here in Canton. Practically right in my own backyard with lots yet to do & places to go. It will be very interesting to see what happens, but it does seem the "TC in Columbus" rumors have gone away.

    Mike

    That would be great Mike! I'd keep it more East because there's still large groups of fans in Erie, PA and throughout Western, NY. Those areas are losing some younger generations as front runner Steelheads. Rochester had as many as 4 Browns Backers clubs at 1 time back in the 90s while DirecTV kind of changed the need to assemble to watch Cleveland games at bar and grills. Modell also buried the franchise to impact the volume of BB Clubs.

    The Buffalo Bills moved the previous training camp from Fredonia to St John Fisher College in Pittsford, NY which is a suburb of Rochester. And why? To get/recruit as many Bills fans as they can from the biggest market closest to Buffalo in Upstate, NY that blends a ton of Giant, Jet, Cleveland and Pittsburgh fans.

  • @gumby73 said:

    This would be Awesome!! Road trip worthy.Cal & Canton Mike will be in charge of Not letting Tom Brady Paint the Field with any Paint-balls 😛. Sponsored by Old Leg hump-per from across America. I'll check with Forest Gump & Bobby Bushe' on lawn mower transportation..Keep this updated please..Go Jimmah & Dee..Get'er Done!!

    LMAO!

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @flugel said:

    LMAO!

    Cheers! it's 5 o'clock somewhere & we got no football, so Go Cavs Go!! if this gets done Jimmah & Dee get front row seats with a usher named Ghoolie..

  • This would be Awesome!! Road trip worthy.Cal & Canton Mike will be in charge of Not letting Tom Brady Paint the Field with any Paint-balls 😛. Sponsored by Old Leg hump-per from across America. I'll check with Forest Gump & Bobby Bushe' on lawn mower transportation..Keep this updated please..Go Jimmah & Dee..Get'er Done!!

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #13

    @gumby73 said:

    This would be Awesome!! Road trip worthy.Cal & Canton Mike will be in charge of Not letting Tom Brady Paint the Field with any Paint-balls 😛. Sponsored by Old Leg hump-per from across America. I'll check with Forest Gump & Bobby Bushe' on lawn mower transportation..Keep this updated please..Go Jimmah & Dee..Get'er Done!!

    it just demands a Browns families picnic - you're in NC ? We have close friends in Salisbury...

  • This would be Awesome!! Road trip worthy.Cal & Canton Mike will be in charge of Not letting Tom Brady Paint the Field with any Paint-balls 😛. Sponsored by Old Leg hump-per from across America. I'll check with Forest Gump & Bobby Bushe' on lawn mower transportation..Keep this updated please..Go Jimmah & Dee..Get'er Done!!

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @gumby73 said:

    This would be Awesome!! Road trip worthy.Cal & Canton Mike will be in charge of Not letting Tom Brady Paint the Field with any Paint-balls 😛. Sponsored by Old Leg hump-per from across America. I'll check with Forest Gump & Bobby Bushe' on lawn mower transportation..Keep this updated please..Go Jimmah & Dee..Get'er Done!!

    I'll be in charge of Old Leghumper, including a short road trip to the Thirsty Dog Taproom & Brewery in Akron. They also make some great root beer (non alcoholic) there too.

    Mike

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #15

    That sucks.. Practice used to be 2 miles down the road from Me at Lakeland university.. Wish they would come back...

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Speaking of which OTA #1 begins this Tu. May 23.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #17

    It doesn't really matter to me. Is there something wrong with Berea?

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Nothing wrong with Berea, but I think once the HOF Village is built the NFL will want to show off its $600 million new toy.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Yeah... mixed feelings here. Berea's been a good host and TC being held there is a nice economic prize for them.

  • Yeah... mixed feelings here. Berea's been a good host and TC being held there is a nice economic prize for them.

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @tour2ma said:

    Yeah... mixed feelings here. Berea's been a good host and TC being held there is a nice economic prize for them.

    it's all about bringing the big crowds into the HOF, I bet anybody attending camp from outside of canton would also tour the hall.
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Sure... it's a win for the HoF and Canton... but Berea loses...

  • Sure... it's a win for the HoF and Canton... but Berea loses...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @tour2ma said:

    Sure... it's a win for the HoF and Canton... but Berea loses...

    They would survive. How many days of training camp are actually open to the public...and on average how many attend those open sessions?

    This training camp would only be there what? About a month, or 6 weeks? The rest of the time the Browns would be holding all their stuff in Berea: OTAs, mini camps etc.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #23

    suppose they split the time? a few weeks move to the HOF wouldn't hurt, at the end of camp... or beginning... and a different crowd

    would surely be able to make the HOF city tc.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Id say Canton is a helluva lot better than Haslams lame brained idea to move camp to Columbus........

  • Id say Canton is a helluva lot better than Haslams lame brained idea to move camp to Columbus........

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @mudfly said:

    Id say Canton is a helluva lot better than Haslams lame brained idea to move camp to Columbus........

    From a marketing stand point, it was probably not "lame brained". Columbus is essentially considered an "open" city, fan base wise. Split between Browns/Bengals (at least that is my perception....Any Columbusites on here can correct me).

    The plan to move the TC to C-Bus would have been a marketing move to tip that scale far into the Browns side of the ledger.

    But...lo and behold...I have a much better plan on how to tip Columbus over into the Browns camp:

    Win....and kick the shit out of the Bengals every time you play them.

    What a creative marketing concept...No?

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #26

    They are also losing fans, hand over fist, for 20 years now.....so, why work to gain fans in a far away city, when your own local fan base is crumbling?......seems like they are alienating us local fans who have had their backs all these years, and now that times are rough, they are pushing us aside to get some new fans....

    Just another perspective to consider.....

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #27

    well, Canton isn't that far from Berea. There are a lot of Browns fans who never make it up there.

    I don't see the problem either way.... except there will be far better parking at the HOF village. The Browns

    would see a LOT of new faces - and the elderly won't have to walk two or three blocks to watch

    them practice. I haven't seen the "losing fans" thing. Maybe "overtness" is lost over time, but you let them

    start winning, and overtness will be there. So many of us have hung in there, but we are so much older now.

    Asskicking starts now. The Browns are back - take it to the bank.

    And yes, I predict a winning season, like I do every freaking year, til I get it right..... 🙂

  • well, Canton isn't that far from Berea. There are a lot of Browns fans who never make it up there.

    I don't see the problem either way.... except there will be far better parking at the HOF village. The Browns

    would see a LOT of new faces - and the elderly won't have to walk two or three blocks to watch

    them practice. I haven't seen the "losing fans" thing. Maybe "overtness" is lost over time, but you let them

    start winning, and overtness will be there. So many of us have hung in there, but we are so much older now.

    Asskicking starts now. The Browns are back - take it to the bank.

    And yes, I predict a winning season, like I do every freaking year, til I get it right..... 🙂

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @calfoxwc said:

    well, Canton isn't that far from Berea. There are a lot of Browns fans who never make it up there.

    I don't see the problem either way.... except there will be far better parking at the HOF village. The Browns

    would see a LOT of new faces - and the elderly won't have to walk two or three blocks to watch

    them practice. I haven't seen the "losing fans" thing. Maybe "overtness" is lost over time, but you let them

    start winning, and overtness will be there. So many of us have hung in there, but we are so much older now.

    Asskicking starts now. The Browns are back - take it to the bank.

    And yes, I predict a winning season, like I do every freaking year, til I get it right..... 🙂

    I have no issue with Canton.....close enough to us and a valid place.....Columbus?.....not so much....

    And, yes Cal, the stadium was jammed.....hard to get a seat....the fans were rabid.....not any more.....

    They have lost many....I know many.....apathy has gripped the city.....very few care.....this board has gone down to 10 regulars.....all are signs.....