Skip to content

Browns approached about training camp in Hall of Fame Village

The Browns Board
45 18 1.2k
  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #15

    That sucks.. Practice used to be 2 miles down the road from Me at Lakeland university.. Wish they would come back...

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Speaking of which OTA #1 begins this Tu. May 23.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #17

    It doesn't really matter to me. Is there something wrong with Berea?

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Nothing wrong with Berea, but I think once the HOF Village is built the NFL will want to show off its $600 million new toy.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Yeah... mixed feelings here. Berea's been a good host and TC being held there is a nice economic prize for them.

  • Yeah... mixed feelings here. Berea's been a good host and TC being held there is a nice economic prize for them.

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @tour2ma said:

    Yeah... mixed feelings here. Berea's been a good host and TC being held there is a nice economic prize for them.

    it's all about bringing the big crowds into the HOF, I bet anybody attending camp from outside of canton would also tour the hall.
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Sure... it's a win for the HoF and Canton... but Berea loses...

  • Sure... it's a win for the HoF and Canton... but Berea loses...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @tour2ma said:

    Sure... it's a win for the HoF and Canton... but Berea loses...

    They would survive. How many days of training camp are actually open to the public...and on average how many attend those open sessions?

    This training camp would only be there what? About a month, or 6 weeks? The rest of the time the Browns would be holding all their stuff in Berea: OTAs, mini camps etc.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #23

    suppose they split the time? a few weeks move to the HOF wouldn't hurt, at the end of camp... or beginning... and a different crowd

    would surely be able to make the HOF city tc.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Id say Canton is a helluva lot better than Haslams lame brained idea to move camp to Columbus........

  • Id say Canton is a helluva lot better than Haslams lame brained idea to move camp to Columbus........

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @mudfly said:

    Id say Canton is a helluva lot better than Haslams lame brained idea to move camp to Columbus........

    From a marketing stand point, it was probably not "lame brained". Columbus is essentially considered an "open" city, fan base wise. Split between Browns/Bengals (at least that is my perception....Any Columbusites on here can correct me).

    The plan to move the TC to C-Bus would have been a marketing move to tip that scale far into the Browns side of the ledger.

    But...lo and behold...I have a much better plan on how to tip Columbus over into the Browns camp:

    Win....and kick the shit out of the Bengals every time you play them.

    What a creative marketing concept...No?

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #26

    They are also losing fans, hand over fist, for 20 years now.....so, why work to gain fans in a far away city, when your own local fan base is crumbling?......seems like they are alienating us local fans who have had their backs all these years, and now that times are rough, they are pushing us aside to get some new fans....

    Just another perspective to consider.....

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #27

    well, Canton isn't that far from Berea. There are a lot of Browns fans who never make it up there.

    I don't see the problem either way.... except there will be far better parking at the HOF village. The Browns

    would see a LOT of new faces - and the elderly won't have to walk two or three blocks to watch

    them practice. I haven't seen the "losing fans" thing. Maybe "overtness" is lost over time, but you let them

    start winning, and overtness will be there. So many of us have hung in there, but we are so much older now.

    Asskicking starts now. The Browns are back - take it to the bank.

    And yes, I predict a winning season, like I do every freaking year, til I get it right..... 🙂

  • well, Canton isn't that far from Berea. There are a lot of Browns fans who never make it up there.

    I don't see the problem either way.... except there will be far better parking at the HOF village. The Browns

    would see a LOT of new faces - and the elderly won't have to walk two or three blocks to watch

    them practice. I haven't seen the "losing fans" thing. Maybe "overtness" is lost over time, but you let them

    start winning, and overtness will be there. So many of us have hung in there, but we are so much older now.

    Asskicking starts now. The Browns are back - take it to the bank.

    And yes, I predict a winning season, like I do every freaking year, til I get it right..... 🙂

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @calfoxwc said:

    well, Canton isn't that far from Berea. There are a lot of Browns fans who never make it up there.

    I don't see the problem either way.... except there will be far better parking at the HOF village. The Browns

    would see a LOT of new faces - and the elderly won't have to walk two or three blocks to watch

    them practice. I haven't seen the "losing fans" thing. Maybe "overtness" is lost over time, but you let them

    start winning, and overtness will be there. So many of us have hung in there, but we are so much older now.

    Asskicking starts now. The Browns are back - take it to the bank.

    And yes, I predict a winning season, like I do every freaking year, til I get it right..... 🙂

    I have no issue with Canton.....close enough to us and a valid place.....Columbus?.....not so much....

    And, yes Cal, the stadium was jammed.....hard to get a seat....the fans were rabid.....not any more.....

    They have lost many....I know many.....apathy has gripped the city.....very few care.....this board has gone down to 10 regulars.....all are signs.....

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by PoeticG
    #29

    HOF would be AWESOME!! I mean I could literally go EVERYDAY !o!

    Those exclamation point in substitution for the 'L's' in that lol appear to me to be some kind of refs' arms for touchdown. I don't really see the correlation between laughing out loud and touchdowns... but maybe something like-

    Touchdown Cleveland Browns !o! Who's Laughing Now?

  • @calfoxwc said:

    well, Canton isn't that far from Berea. There are a lot of Browns fans who never make it up there.

    I don't see the problem either way.... except there will be far better parking at the HOF village. The Browns

    would see a LOT of new faces - and the elderly won't have to walk two or three blocks to watch

    them practice. I haven't seen the "losing fans" thing. Maybe "overtness" is lost over time, but you let them

    start winning, and overtness will be there. So many of us have hung in there, but we are so much older now.

    Asskicking starts now. The Browns are back - take it to the bank.

    And yes, I predict a winning season, like I do every freaking year, til I get it right..... 🙂

    I have no issue with Canton.....close enough to us and a valid place.....Columbus?.....not so much....

    And, yes Cal, the stadium was jammed.....hard to get a seat....the fans were rabid.....not any more.....

    They have lost many....I know many.....apathy has gripped the city.....very few care.....this board has gone down to 10 regulars.....all are signs.....

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @mudfly said:

    I have no issue with Canton.....close enough to us and a valid place.....Columbus?.....not so much....

    And, yes Cal, the stadium was jammed.....hard to get a seat....the fans were rabid.....not any more.....

    They have lost many....I know many.....apathy has gripped the city.....very few care.....this board has gone down to 10 regulars.....all are signs.....

    Oh, come on, Mud. This has been just the calm before the Browns storm. I think when anyone looks at how much the last

    draft and free agency signings will be dramatically changing the Browns' landscape - they are going to be a different,

    as in, WINNING and ASSKICKING football team.

    I'm just not seeing the despondency - I see a giant huge climb to a winning season. I don't get giving up, being down..

    well, maybe in the middle-end of a losing season, just a tad bit...

    but now? I don't get it. If you see the dark clouds of Mordor covering NE ohio, and orks running around stinking up Ohio,

    I'm not seein it. I see the Browns finally having a team assembled, and upgraded to serious competitive, ass kicking level.

    and I see a DC that won't pussy-foot around with passive defense. QB is a ? but I can live with that just fine, ...I was a huge

    Wentz guy, but they couldn't have gotten Wentz, and still remade this football team into a strong roster across the board...

    except for qb...we'll see how that goes.

    The Browns will kick pittspuke ass and will be 1-0 to start the season.

  • @mudfly said:

    I have no issue with Canton.....close enough to us and a valid place.....Columbus?.....not so much....

    And, yes Cal, the stadium was jammed.....hard to get a seat....the fans were rabid.....not any more.....

    They have lost many....I know many.....apathy has gripped the city.....very few care.....this board has gone down to 10 regulars.....all are signs.....

    Oh, come on, Mud. This has been just the calm before the Browns storm. I think when anyone looks at how much the last

    draft and free agency signings will be dramatically changing the Browns' landscape - they are going to be a different,

    as in, WINNING and ASSKICKING football team.

    I'm just not seeing the despondency - I see a giant huge climb to a winning season. I don't get giving up, being down..

    well, maybe in the middle-end of a losing season, just a tad bit...

    but now? I don't get it. If you see the dark clouds of Mordor covering NE ohio, and orks running around stinking up Ohio,

    I'm not seein it. I see the Browns finally having a team assembled, and upgraded to serious competitive, ass kicking level.

    and I see a DC that won't pussy-foot around with passive defense. QB is a ? but I can live with that just fine, ...I was a huge

    Wentz guy, but they couldn't have gotten Wentz, and still remade this football team into a strong roster across the board...

    except for qb...we'll see how that goes.

    The Browns will kick pittspuke ass and will be 1-0 to start the season.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @calfoxwc said:

    The Browns will kick pittspuke ass and will be 1-0 to start the season.

    Love your optimism cal.

    I hope you're right, I've got a bottle of bourbon on Sunday and a vacation day on Monday in case we open a can of whoop-ass.

  • @mudfly said:

    I have no issue with Canton.....close enough to us and a valid place.....Columbus?.....not so much....

    And, yes Cal, the stadium was jammed.....hard to get a seat....the fans were rabid.....not any more.....

    They have lost many....I know many.....apathy has gripped the city.....very few care.....this board has gone down to 10 regulars.....all are signs.....

    Oh, come on, Mud. This has been just the calm before the Browns storm. I think when anyone looks at how much the last

    draft and free agency signings will be dramatically changing the Browns' landscape - they are going to be a different,

    as in, WINNING and ASSKICKING football team.

    I'm just not seeing the despondency - I see a giant huge climb to a winning season. I don't get giving up, being down..

    well, maybe in the middle-end of a losing season, just a tad bit...

    but now? I don't get it. If you see the dark clouds of Mordor covering NE ohio, and orks running around stinking up Ohio,

    I'm not seein it. I see the Browns finally having a team assembled, and upgraded to serious competitive, ass kicking level.

    and I see a DC that won't pussy-foot around with passive defense. QB is a ? but I can live with that just fine, ...I was a huge

    Wentz guy, but they couldn't have gotten Wentz, and still remade this football team into a strong roster across the board...

    except for qb...we'll see how that goes.

    The Browns will kick pittspuke ass and will be 1-0 to start the season.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #32

    Cal...you live in a black and white world....and miss MANY things that you choose to not see....many...

    @calfoxwc said:

    Oh, come on, Mud. This has been just the calm before the Browns storm. I think when anyone looks at how much the last

    draft and free agency signings will be dramatically changing the Browns' landscape - they are going to be a different,

    as in, WINNING and ASSKICKING football team.

    I agree they look like they might have gotten a few players....things may be looking up. But what does that have to do with years of losing fans? The fact that they might get better does not exclude the fact that they've lost fans.....and many have lost interest.....its obvious to those who chose to see the obvious....(but I do understand this excludes you)

    I'm just not seeing the despondency -

    Have you not read thousands of posts....right here....from despondent fans?.....are you blind?

    I see a giant huge climb to a winning season.

    Anythings possible...but, AGAIN, not the topic.....I see an improved season, but not a winning one...

    I don't get giving up, being down..

    Well, a lot have given up.....many of us are still here(not given up), but certainly down......who loses for 20 years and doesnt feel down?......the only ones I can think of would be people who think losing is acceptable.....winners do NOT take 20 years of losing well.....

    well, maybe in the middle-end of a losing season, just a tad bit...

    but now? I don't get it. If you see the dark clouds of Mordor covering NE ohio, and orks running around stinking up Ohio,

    I'm not seein it.

    Dont think Ive said that....in fact, Ive been very complimentary of this years draft.....I say it like I see it, while you say the same mantra every year, without any realistic thought process to the reality of the team we are fielding.....to each his own, I guess.....

    But, thinking "honesty" is the sign of a bad fan is a mistake....blindly following ANYTHING or anyone, w/o an objective eye toward things that need improvement is a good way to fail and to be let down....unrealistic expectations are not for realists....sorry

    I see the Browns finally having a team assembled, and upgraded to serious competitive, ass kicking level.

    You see that every year Cal.....shall we revisit last preseason?

    and I see a DC that won't pussy-foot around with passive defense.

    You see that every year too Cal.....even the year you turned on Oneill 8 games after you called him the best....

    QB is a ? but I can live with that just fine, .

    Of course you can....you accept losing.....you've already proven and said that....

    .I was a huge Wentz guy, but they couldn't have gotten Wentz, and still remade this football team into a strong roster across the board...

    except for qb...we'll see how that goes.

    Well, according to you, it will be a winning - ass kicking - competitive team.....so no worries

    The Browns will kick pittspuke ass and will be 1-0 to start the season.

    ....that will win it's first game.....as per Cal.....

    Every year I read this stuff, I can only think Gomer Pyle saying surprise surprise surprise.....

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #33

    I think they'll all be back as soon as the team starts winning some. Like they said on Believeland, you thought the parade for the Cavs was big? Wait until the Browns win something. It's a Brownstown, always and forever. Maybe the actual Cleveland residents think otherwise.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Mud, all that drivel doesn't impress me. I never called oneil the best, blah blah.

    It's just that whining about the past doesn't change anything with the Browns.

    Give it freaking up already. If it isn't fun, get a freaking hobby until it is.

    Meanwhile, I'm more like upbeat that the Browns are turning the corner now.

    I don't have to see them in the superbowl before I stop bitching about the old front offices, the old

    draft debacles, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

    Maybe it would help the Browns win games if you whipped yourself with chains and fasted, Mud.

    No, I'm just kidding, don't do that. Even Eyore was upbeat once or twice...almost.