Skip to content

Jordan vs. LeBron

The Cavs Board
42 10 3.3k
  • If Lebron loses this series he won't be able to pass Jordan

  • @30yearbrownsfan said:

    You can add Jordan's team won 55 games without him. Can you see what this Cavs team would do if they could win 55 games without LeBron? They didn't win 55 games with him. My dream team Magic Jordan LeBron Bird Kareem

    And figure this out: What did Jordan do without Phil Jackson. To a certain extent I think Jackson made Jordan, not the other way around. Remember...with a guy about as similar to Jordan in skill....Kobe...Jackson won another 5 titles.

    That is how I view things. Jackson was the straw that stirred the Bulls drink, not Jordan.

    I mean...what if Jackson has stayed with Kobe and they won one more title together?

    Would we be saying that Kobe was the GOAT? It would without doubt be arguable. It is arguable now. For Kobe's last couple of title wins he did not have the kind of supporting cast that Jordan had, did he?

    @the-gipper said:

    And figure this out: What did Jordan do without Phil Jackson. To a certain extent I think Jackson made Jordan, not the other way around. Remember...with a guy about as similar to Jordan in skill....Kobe...Jackson won another 5 titles.

    That is how I view things. Jackson was the straw that stirred the Bulls drink, not Jordan.

    I mean...what if Jackson has stayed with Kobe and they won one more title together?

    Would we be saying that Kobe was the GOAT? It would without doubt be arguable. It is arguable now. For Kobe's last couple of title wins he did not have the kind of supporting cast that Jordan had, did he?

    In the NBA it's talent that wins out. Phil Jackson was a good manager of egos, but when you have all time greats like Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, pippen etc. you're supposed to win.

    A can of chef Boyardee beef ravioli could coach these warriors to a championship simply because they have the most talent. Adding Kevin Durant to a 73 win team is laughably OP.

  • @the-gipper said:

    And figure this out: What did Jordan do without Phil Jackson. To a certain extent I think Jackson made Jordan, not the other way around. Remember...with a guy about as similar to Jordan in skill....Kobe...Jackson won another 5 titles.

    That is how I view things. Jackson was the straw that stirred the Bulls drink, not Jordan.

    I mean...what if Jackson has stayed with Kobe and they won one more title together?

    Would we be saying that Kobe was the GOAT? It would without doubt be arguable. It is arguable now. For Kobe's last couple of title wins he did not have the kind of supporting cast that Jordan had, did he?

    In the NBA it's talent that wins out. Phil Jackson was a good manager of egos, but when you have all time greats like Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, pippen etc. you're supposed to win.

    A can of chef Boyardee beef ravioli could coach these warriors to a championship simply because they have the most talent. Adding Kevin Durant to a 73 win team is laughably OP.

    @roycerolls said:

    In the NBA it's talent that wins out. Phil Jackson was a good manager of egos, but when you have all time greats like Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, pippen etc. you're supposed to win.

    A can of chef Boyardee beef ravioli could coach these warriors to a championship simply because they have the most talent. Adding Kevin Durant to a 73 win team is laughably OP.

    I have heard some talk this morning however that these titles could be all due to Steve Kerr's philosophy. They ....i.e. commentators on ESPN....implied that if Mike Brown were the head coach and brought his own philosophy....that the Warriors may not have won...despite all their talent.

    Dan Gilbert came in for some critique as well....for his position on GMs and HCs. In the 4 Finals the Cavs have gone to with LeBron...they have done it with 3 different HCs and 3 different GMs. They consider that a stability issue.....including going forward with Griffin's status up in the air.

  • @the-gipper said:

    And figure this out: What did Jordan do without Phil Jackson. To a certain extent I think Jackson made Jordan, not the other way around. Remember...with a guy about as similar to Jordan in skill....Kobe...Jackson won another 5 titles.

    That is how I view things. Jackson was the straw that stirred the Bulls drink, not Jordan.

    I mean...what if Jackson has stayed with Kobe and they won one more title together?

    Would we be saying that Kobe was the GOAT? It would without doubt be arguable. It is arguable now. For Kobe's last couple of title wins he did not have the kind of supporting cast that Jordan had, did he?

    In the NBA it's talent that wins out. Phil Jackson was a good manager of egos, but when you have all time greats like Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, pippen etc. you're supposed to win.

    A can of chef Boyardee beef ravioli could coach these warriors to a championship simply because they have the most talent. Adding Kevin Durant to a 73 win team is laughably OP.

    @roycerolls said:

    In the NBA it's talent that wins out. Phil Jackson was a good manager of egos, but when you have all time greats like Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, pippen etc. you're supposed to win.

    A can of chef Boyardee beef ravioli could coach these warriors to a championship simply because they have the most talent. Adding Kevin Durant to a 73 win team is laughably OP.

    Yes and a 5 man team only needs about 2 or 3 superstars and some key bench guys to win it all versus a 9 or 11 man team.

  • LeBron has been in the finals 8 times. Jordan got there 6 times.

    Jordan has the best team 6 times. LeBron had the best team 2 times

    No one has ever claimed any of Lebron's teammates are in the top 100 best players ever

    Jordan played with Pippen, and Rodman, and had Phil as his coach.

    Also, LeBron has been in the NBA since he was 18. Jordan went to college and " was told to leave" the NBA, for 2 years

    I have personally seen both these guys play, and I also have stood right next to both of them, and talked to both of them........

    MJ is the best BASKETBALL CLOSER I have very seen, but LeBron is the GREATEST basketball player I have ever seen.

    LeBron doesn't have the "KILLER" instinct that MJ or KOBE had, but his skills are WAY WAY WAY better then either of those guys

  • LeBron has been in the finals 8 times. Jordan got there 6 times.

    Jordan has the best team 6 times. LeBron had the best team 2 times

    No one has ever claimed any of Lebron's teammates are in the top 100 best players ever

    Jordan played with Pippen, and Rodman, and had Phil as his coach.

    Also, LeBron has been in the NBA since he was 18. Jordan went to college and " was told to leave" the NBA, for 2 years

    I have personally seen both these guys play, and I also have stood right next to both of them, and talked to both of them........

    MJ is the best BASKETBALL CLOSER I have very seen, but LeBron is the GREATEST basketball player I have ever seen.

    LeBron doesn't have the "KILLER" instinct that MJ or KOBE had, but his skills are WAY WAY WAY better then either of those guys

    @browns149 said:

    LeBron has been in the finals 8 times. Jordan got there 6 times.

    Jordan had the best team 6 times. LeBron had the best team 2 times

    No one has ever claimed any of Lebron's teammates are in the top 100 best players ever

    Jordan played with Pippen, and Rodman, and had Phil as his coach.

    Also, LeBron has been in the NBA since he was 18. Jordan went to college and " was told to leave" the NBA, for 2 years

    I have personally seen both these guys play, and I also have stood right next to both of them, and talked to both of them........

    MJ is the best BASKETBALL CLOSER I have very seen, but LeBron is the GREATEST basketball player I have ever seen.

    LeBron doesn't have the "KILLER" instinct that MJ or KOBE had, but his skills are WAY WAY WAY better then either of those guys

    Bolded facts, italicized laughable hyperbole.

    Lebron maybe the most complete basketball player ever but the name of the game is scoring points and defending and nobody has done that better than Michael Jordan.

  • After this Finals Lebron can't catch Jordan but doesn't mean he can't be on Rushmore

  • @browns149 said:

    LeBron has been in the finals 8 times. Jordan got there 6 times.

    Jordan had the best team 6 times. LeBron had the best team 2 times

    No one has ever claimed any of Lebron's teammates are in the top 100 best players ever

    Jordan played with Pippen, and Rodman, and had Phil as his coach.

    Also, LeBron has been in the NBA since he was 18. Jordan went to college and " was told to leave" the NBA, for 2 years

    I have personally seen both these guys play, and I also have stood right next to both of them, and talked to both of them........

    MJ is the best BASKETBALL CLOSER I have very seen, but LeBron is the GREATEST basketball player I have ever seen.

    LeBron doesn't have the "KILLER" instinct that MJ or KOBE had, but his skills are WAY WAY WAY better then either of those guys

    Bolded facts, italicized laughable hyperbole.

    Lebron maybe the most complete basketball player ever but the name of the game is scoring points and defending and nobody has done that better than Michael Jordan.

    @baconhound said:

    Bolded facts, italicized laughable hyperbole.

    Lebron maybe the most complete basketball player ever but the name of the game is scoring points and defending and nobody has done that better than Michael Jordan.

    If scoring and defending are the only aspects of the game that matter....then Jordan loses out badly to Wilt Chamberlain....who was better at both.

    If winning titles is the only aspect that matters then Jordan loses out badly to Bill Russell (and a couple of other Celtics)..who was better.

    Just the facts ma'am.

  • But wait Russell walks with a cane and Jordan is retired LeBron would bury either one of those guys! 😕

  • @baconhound said:

    Bolded facts, italicized laughable hyperbole.

    Lebron maybe the most complete basketball player ever but the name of the game is scoring points and defending and nobody has done that better than Michael Jordan.

    If scoring and defending are the only aspects of the game that matter....then Jordan loses out badly to Wilt Chamberlain....who was better at both.

    If winning titles is the only aspect that matters then Jordan loses out badly to Bill Russell (and a couple of other Celtics)..who was better.

    Just the facts ma'am.

    @the-gipper said:

    If scoring and defending are the only aspects of the game that matter....then Jordan loses out badly to Wilt Chamberlain....who was better at both.

    If winning titles is the only aspect that matters then Jordan loses out badly to Bill Russell (and a couple of other Celtics)..who was better.

    Just the facts ma'am.

    I don't think anyone doubts Wilt's dominance but there is context to his accomplishments.

  • @the-gipper said:

    If scoring and defending are the only aspects of the game that matter....then Jordan loses out badly to Wilt Chamberlain....who was better at both.

    If winning titles is the only aspect that matters then Jordan loses out badly to Bill Russell (and a couple of other Celtics)..who was better.

    Just the facts ma'am.

    I don't think anyone doubts Wilt's dominance but there is context to his accomplishments.

    @baconhound said:

    I don't think anyone doubts Wilt's dominance but there is context to his accomplishments.

    Yea? And what is that context?

  • @baconhound said:

    I don't think anyone doubts Wilt's dominance but there is context to his accomplishments.

    Yea? And what is that context?

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea? And what is that context?

    I'm pretty sure you already know that answer.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yea? And what is that context?

    I'm pretty sure you already know that answer.

    @richiswhere said:

    I'm pretty sure you already know that answer.

    He's clear physical dominance and I'm with you Gip knows just baiting.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yea? And what is that context?

    I'm pretty sure you already know that answer.

    @richiswhere said:

    I'm pretty sure you already know that answer.

    I honest don't know what the fuck you are talking about "context". The context is a basketball court. 94 feet by 50 feet. 10 foot rims. That is the only context I am aware of.

    The only other thing I can think if is the context of your lifetime.....which is no context at all. Your life is irrelevant.

  • @richiswhere said:

    I'm pretty sure you already know that answer.

    I honest don't know what the fuck you are talking about "context". The context is a basketball court. 94 feet by 50 feet. 10 foot rims. That is the only context I am aware of.

    The only other thing I can think if is the context of your lifetime.....which is no context at all. Your life is irrelevant.

    @the-gipper said:

    I honest don't know what the fuck you are talking about "context". The context is a basketball court. 94 feet by 50 feet. 10 foot rims. That is the only context I am aware of.

    The only other thing I can think if is the context of your lifetime.....which is no context at all. Your life is irrelevant.

    Come on trivia boy....you can't be this stupid 😵

  • @richiswhere said:

    I'm pretty sure you already know that answer.

    I honest don't know what the fuck you are talking about "context". The context is a basketball court. 94 feet by 50 feet. 10 foot rims. That is the only context I am aware of.

    The only other thing I can think if is the context of your lifetime.....which is no context at all. Your life is irrelevant.

    @the-gipper said:

    I honest don't know what the fuck you are talking about "context". The context is a basketball court. 94 feet by 50 feet. 10 foot rims. That is the only context I am aware of.

    The only other thing I can think if is the context of your lifetime.....which is no context at all. Your life is irrelevant.

    The context of being 7'0 and athletic when 95% of your competition is 6'4" and much less athletic

  • @the-gipper said:

    I honest don't know what the fuck you are talking about "context". The context is a basketball court. 94 feet by 50 feet. 10 foot rims. That is the only context I am aware of.

    The only other thing I can think if is the context of your lifetime.....which is no context at all. Your life is irrelevant.

    The context of being 7'0 and athletic when 95% of your competition is 6'4" and much less athletic

    @baconhound said:

    The context of being 7'0 and athletic when 95% of your competition is 6'4" and much less athletic

    So, you are saying that height matters when assessing the greatest of all time?

    Well then, maybe Spud Webb and Mugsy Bogues should be considered the GOATS.

  • @baconhound said:

    The context of being 7'0 and athletic when 95% of your competition is 6'4" and much less athletic

    So, you are saying that height matters when assessing the greatest of all time?

    Well then, maybe Spud Webb and Mugsy Bogues should be considered the GOATS.

    @the-gipper said:

    So, you are saying that height matters when assessing the greatest of all time?

    Well then, maybe Spud Webb and Mugsy Bogues should be considered the GOATS.

    Don't forget Earl Boykins LOL...

  • @baconhound said:

    The context of being 7'0 and athletic when 95% of your competition is 6'4" and much less athletic

    So, you are saying that height matters when assessing the greatest of all time?

    Well then, maybe Spud Webb and Mugsy Bogues should be considered the GOATS.

    @the-gipper said:

    So, you are saying that height matters when assessing the greatest of all time?

    Well then, maybe Spud Webb and Mugsy Bogues should be considered the GOATS.

    If you want to argue just to argue please ignore me. Wilt was physically dominant over lesser competition. It doesn't preclude many, including myself, as giving him the credit of being one of the best basketball players ever but when you evaluate players across generations you factor in the competition they play against.

  • Didn't Wilt have to play against Bill Russell for years? Who did MJ play against that was that good?