Skip to content

Jordan vs. LeBron

The Cavs Board
42 10 3.3k
  • LeBron has been in the finals 8 times. Jordan got there 6 times.

    Jordan has the best team 6 times. LeBron had the best team 2 times

    No one has ever claimed any of Lebron's teammates are in the top 100 best players ever

    Jordan played with Pippen, and Rodman, and had Phil as his coach.

    Also, LeBron has been in the NBA since he was 18. Jordan went to college and " was told to leave" the NBA, for 2 years

    I have personally seen both these guys play, and I also have stood right next to both of them, and talked to both of them........

    MJ is the best BASKETBALL CLOSER I have very seen, but LeBron is the GREATEST basketball player I have ever seen.

    LeBron doesn't have the "KILLER" instinct that MJ or KOBE had, but his skills are WAY WAY WAY better then either of those guys

  • LeBron has been in the finals 8 times. Jordan got there 6 times.

    Jordan has the best team 6 times. LeBron had the best team 2 times

    No one has ever claimed any of Lebron's teammates are in the top 100 best players ever

    Jordan played with Pippen, and Rodman, and had Phil as his coach.

    Also, LeBron has been in the NBA since he was 18. Jordan went to college and " was told to leave" the NBA, for 2 years

    I have personally seen both these guys play, and I also have stood right next to both of them, and talked to both of them........

    MJ is the best BASKETBALL CLOSER I have very seen, but LeBron is the GREATEST basketball player I have ever seen.

    LeBron doesn't have the "KILLER" instinct that MJ or KOBE had, but his skills are WAY WAY WAY better then either of those guys

    @browns149 said:

    LeBron has been in the finals 8 times. Jordan got there 6 times.

    Jordan had the best team 6 times. LeBron had the best team 2 times

    No one has ever claimed any of Lebron's teammates are in the top 100 best players ever

    Jordan played with Pippen, and Rodman, and had Phil as his coach.

    Also, LeBron has been in the NBA since he was 18. Jordan went to college and " was told to leave" the NBA, for 2 years

    I have personally seen both these guys play, and I also have stood right next to both of them, and talked to both of them........

    MJ is the best BASKETBALL CLOSER I have very seen, but LeBron is the GREATEST basketball player I have ever seen.

    LeBron doesn't have the "KILLER" instinct that MJ or KOBE had, but his skills are WAY WAY WAY better then either of those guys

    Bolded facts, italicized laughable hyperbole.

    Lebron maybe the most complete basketball player ever but the name of the game is scoring points and defending and nobody has done that better than Michael Jordan.

  • After this Finals Lebron can't catch Jordan but doesn't mean he can't be on Rushmore

  • @browns149 said:

    LeBron has been in the finals 8 times. Jordan got there 6 times.

    Jordan had the best team 6 times. LeBron had the best team 2 times

    No one has ever claimed any of Lebron's teammates are in the top 100 best players ever

    Jordan played with Pippen, and Rodman, and had Phil as his coach.

    Also, LeBron has been in the NBA since he was 18. Jordan went to college and " was told to leave" the NBA, for 2 years

    I have personally seen both these guys play, and I also have stood right next to both of them, and talked to both of them........

    MJ is the best BASKETBALL CLOSER I have very seen, but LeBron is the GREATEST basketball player I have ever seen.

    LeBron doesn't have the "KILLER" instinct that MJ or KOBE had, but his skills are WAY WAY WAY better then either of those guys

    Bolded facts, italicized laughable hyperbole.

    Lebron maybe the most complete basketball player ever but the name of the game is scoring points and defending and nobody has done that better than Michael Jordan.

    @baconhound said:

    Bolded facts, italicized laughable hyperbole.

    Lebron maybe the most complete basketball player ever but the name of the game is scoring points and defending and nobody has done that better than Michael Jordan.

    If scoring and defending are the only aspects of the game that matter....then Jordan loses out badly to Wilt Chamberlain....who was better at both.

    If winning titles is the only aspect that matters then Jordan loses out badly to Bill Russell (and a couple of other Celtics)..who was better.

    Just the facts ma'am.

  • But wait Russell walks with a cane and Jordan is retired LeBron would bury either one of those guys! 😕

  • @baconhound said:

    Bolded facts, italicized laughable hyperbole.

    Lebron maybe the most complete basketball player ever but the name of the game is scoring points and defending and nobody has done that better than Michael Jordan.

    If scoring and defending are the only aspects of the game that matter....then Jordan loses out badly to Wilt Chamberlain....who was better at both.

    If winning titles is the only aspect that matters then Jordan loses out badly to Bill Russell (and a couple of other Celtics)..who was better.

    Just the facts ma'am.

    @the-gipper said:

    If scoring and defending are the only aspects of the game that matter....then Jordan loses out badly to Wilt Chamberlain....who was better at both.

    If winning titles is the only aspect that matters then Jordan loses out badly to Bill Russell (and a couple of other Celtics)..who was better.

    Just the facts ma'am.

    I don't think anyone doubts Wilt's dominance but there is context to his accomplishments.

  • @the-gipper said:

    If scoring and defending are the only aspects of the game that matter....then Jordan loses out badly to Wilt Chamberlain....who was better at both.

    If winning titles is the only aspect that matters then Jordan loses out badly to Bill Russell (and a couple of other Celtics)..who was better.

    Just the facts ma'am.

    I don't think anyone doubts Wilt's dominance but there is context to his accomplishments.

    @baconhound said:

    I don't think anyone doubts Wilt's dominance but there is context to his accomplishments.

    Yea? And what is that context?

  • @baconhound said:

    I don't think anyone doubts Wilt's dominance but there is context to his accomplishments.

    Yea? And what is that context?

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea? And what is that context?

    I'm pretty sure you already know that answer.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yea? And what is that context?

    I'm pretty sure you already know that answer.

    @richiswhere said:

    I'm pretty sure you already know that answer.

    He's clear physical dominance and I'm with you Gip knows just baiting.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yea? And what is that context?

    I'm pretty sure you already know that answer.

    @richiswhere said:

    I'm pretty sure you already know that answer.

    I honest don't know what the fuck you are talking about "context". The context is a basketball court. 94 feet by 50 feet. 10 foot rims. That is the only context I am aware of.

    The only other thing I can think if is the context of your lifetime.....which is no context at all. Your life is irrelevant.

  • @richiswhere said:

    I'm pretty sure you already know that answer.

    I honest don't know what the fuck you are talking about "context". The context is a basketball court. 94 feet by 50 feet. 10 foot rims. That is the only context I am aware of.

    The only other thing I can think if is the context of your lifetime.....which is no context at all. Your life is irrelevant.

    @the-gipper said:

    I honest don't know what the fuck you are talking about "context". The context is a basketball court. 94 feet by 50 feet. 10 foot rims. That is the only context I am aware of.

    The only other thing I can think if is the context of your lifetime.....which is no context at all. Your life is irrelevant.

    Come on trivia boy....you can't be this stupid 😵

  • @richiswhere said:

    I'm pretty sure you already know that answer.

    I honest don't know what the fuck you are talking about "context". The context is a basketball court. 94 feet by 50 feet. 10 foot rims. That is the only context I am aware of.

    The only other thing I can think if is the context of your lifetime.....which is no context at all. Your life is irrelevant.

    @the-gipper said:

    I honest don't know what the fuck you are talking about "context". The context is a basketball court. 94 feet by 50 feet. 10 foot rims. That is the only context I am aware of.

    The only other thing I can think if is the context of your lifetime.....which is no context at all. Your life is irrelevant.

    The context of being 7'0 and athletic when 95% of your competition is 6'4" and much less athletic

  • @the-gipper said:

    I honest don't know what the fuck you are talking about "context". The context is a basketball court. 94 feet by 50 feet. 10 foot rims. That is the only context I am aware of.

    The only other thing I can think if is the context of your lifetime.....which is no context at all. Your life is irrelevant.

    The context of being 7'0 and athletic when 95% of your competition is 6'4" and much less athletic

    @baconhound said:

    The context of being 7'0 and athletic when 95% of your competition is 6'4" and much less athletic

    So, you are saying that height matters when assessing the greatest of all time?

    Well then, maybe Spud Webb and Mugsy Bogues should be considered the GOATS.

  • @baconhound said:

    The context of being 7'0 and athletic when 95% of your competition is 6'4" and much less athletic

    So, you are saying that height matters when assessing the greatest of all time?

    Well then, maybe Spud Webb and Mugsy Bogues should be considered the GOATS.

    @the-gipper said:

    So, you are saying that height matters when assessing the greatest of all time?

    Well then, maybe Spud Webb and Mugsy Bogues should be considered the GOATS.

    Don't forget Earl Boykins LOL...

  • @baconhound said:

    The context of being 7'0 and athletic when 95% of your competition is 6'4" and much less athletic

    So, you are saying that height matters when assessing the greatest of all time?

    Well then, maybe Spud Webb and Mugsy Bogues should be considered the GOATS.

    @the-gipper said:

    So, you are saying that height matters when assessing the greatest of all time?

    Well then, maybe Spud Webb and Mugsy Bogues should be considered the GOATS.

    If you want to argue just to argue please ignore me. Wilt was physically dominant over lesser competition. It doesn't preclude many, including myself, as giving him the credit of being one of the best basketball players ever but when you evaluate players across generations you factor in the competition they play against.

  • Didn't Wilt have to play against Bill Russell for years? Who did MJ play against that was that good?

  • Didn't Wilt have to play against Bill Russell for years? Who did MJ play against that was that good?

    @browns149 said:

    Didn't Wilt have to play against Bill Russell for years? Who did MJ play against that was that good?

    http://www.nba.com/history/bulls_dynasty.html

    • 1991: Michael vs. Magic

    The Bulls really were not supposed to win in 1991. Chicago had finally vanquished its longtime nemesis, the Detroit Pistons....

    • 1992: A Trail through Portland

    The Trail Blazers thought that 1992 would be their year to win the title. Portland had been defeated by the Pistons in the 1990 Finals, and the same core of players - Drexler, Kersey, Porter, Robinson, Duckworth, Williams - had returned to the Finals both ready and determined. But not as ready and determined as the Bulls, apparently.....

    • 1993: Sir Charles is Denied his Crown

    Winning two titles in a row almost had become the norm - the last three teams to win NBA championships had done just that (Lakers 1987-88, Pistons 1989-90, and Bulls 1991-92). Winning three in a row, now that was truly a challenge......

    1996: Greatest Team Ever? 70!

    Bulls fans celebrate the 70th win of the record-breaking 95-96 season.

    With Jordan back at full strength after his foray into baseball, the Bulls compiled an amazing regular season record of 72-10, breaking the Lakers' record of 69-13 set in the early '70s....

    • 1997: All That Jazz

    If you had to pick one defining moment for Michael Jordan, chances are you would choose Game 5 of the 1997 Finals against the Jazz in Utah.....

    • 1998: The Final Chapter

    Throughout Jordan's career, although he was always the brightest of the stars on the court, there always seemed to be room for his teammates to step up and make a difference at key moments in important games......

  • Jordan is all in a league by himself. The same with Lebron.

  • Didn't Wilt have to play against Bill Russell for years? Who did MJ play against that was that good?

    @browns149 said:

    Didn't Wilt have to play against Bill Russell for years? Who did MJ play against that was that good?

    Russell was good but even he wasn't close to the physical specimen Wilt was. Wilt was some much more physically gifted than everyone he played against. Imagine Shaq in his prime playing against high school kids.

  • Jordan is all in a league by himself. The same with Lebron.

    @jppt1974 said:

    Jordan is all in a league by himself. The same with Lebron.

    Just think it MJ didn't fool around with MLB and proving to himself and the world that he couldn't hit a MLB curveball on a consistent basis....but who can? Toughest test in sports besides maybe franchise NFL QB?