Game Seven
-
is there a sight to watch the game online since I dont get VS.
-
Surely you can't be supporting Pittsburgh, Bean.
That second goal was embarrassing, I'll take an Ovechkin hat trick to make things right.
How awful would it be to have 3 of the final four being Pittsburgh, Boston, and Detroit.
Gimme the Caps and the Hawks.
Surely you can't be supporting Pittsburgh, Bean.
That second goal was embarrassing, I'll take an Ovechkin hat trick to make things right.
How awful would it be to have 3 of the final four being Pittsburgh, Boston, and Detroit.
Gimme the Caps and the Hawks.
Oh, I have no problem pulling for the Pens. I've seen more NHL games there than any place else outside of Boston. Plus I used to skate with a few guys who played on the Lumberjacks way back in the day.
As for how awful it'd be if those three wound up in the final four - here's what I wrote in another thread:
Jesus, this has been everything you could possibly hope for and more. I'm pulling for the B's just cuz. The whole "original 6" thing and I think they're the better team. Plus I've got a soft spot for Hartford.
Also hoping the Wings close things out tonight or in game 7.
As for game sevens, holy crap is tomorrow night going to be delicious. I was listening to some sort of sports radio this morning and the host (may well have been Patrick) mentioned that for all of the national love given to the Celtics/Bulls series, the Pens/Caps series has been even better. A-freaking-men to that.
My loyalties for the final four, whomever they may be, remain with the greatest sweater in the history of sports - the wonderful creation of Irene Castle and everyone wearing the Indian head.
Beanpot
-
The Penguins are pretty entertaining to watch, but I just can't stomach that their fans already have the Steelers, claim to be Cavs fans, and now they have another elite team. Boston and Detroit aren't exactly lovable underdogs, either. I know first hand, my relatives in Boston proclaimed that hockey wasn't even a real sport, no one cared at all a couple years ago, now they're back being diehard B's fans. I can't stand that kind of thing, and there's just not anyone I can root for.
That said, even with the fairweather Blackhawk fans, I'd be thrilled to see them continue their run. Great team to watch, and they're the team I'm hoping the Blue Jackets will be in a year or two.
I hate Detroit, Boston, Pittsburgh, and Anaheim. Completely apathetic about Carolina (I think they'll get thrashed in game 7 anyway). Chicago's my only hope.
-
Can't agree more about the fans. They're all Pittsburgh. But at the same time, they're hockey fans so they're allowed in the clubhouse. I'd rather hang with hockey fans from Pittsburgh than non-hockey fans from Cleveland.
Fair point about Boston but the serious hockey fans there are wonderful. The B's finished with 60ish some points in 97 and those crowds were some of the most electric I've ever seen. Granted, most of the electricity involved booing their own team or Lindros, but the passion was there.
I've been a fan of the Hawks since first watching Denis Savard way, WAY back in the day. Loved their goalie, Murray Bannerman, too:
Beanpot
-
Turn out the lights - Mike Lange just pulled out the Mae West line while describing Crosby's last goal. Lord Stanley, get me the brandy!
Beanpot
-
It started with he training missions so i played instant action and played that though a few times, how ever later last night not even that would work with the same issue were the game would not un-pause.
Any ideas ?
Igorokk said:
It started with he training missions so i played instant action and played that though a few times, how ever later last night not even that would work with the same issue were the game would not un-pause.Any ideas ?
Oh man, lots of ideas. Most involve you pay-palling me several thousand dollars. But really, I have no idea how this got here. Looks like a video game question somehow found its way to this board, complete with the questioner taking the time to register.
Igor, did you accidentally type in the wrong open window or is this some sort of clever spam attempt?
Beanpot
-
It started with he training missions so i played instant action and played that though a few times, how ever later last night not even that would work with the same issue were the game would not un-pause.
Any ideas ?
Igorokk said:
It started with he training missions so i played instant action and played that though a few times, how ever later last night not even that would work with the same issue were the game would not un-pause.Any ideas ?
Hit the power button to off, it will solve all problems.
-
Igorokk said:
It started with he training missions so i played instant action and played that though a few times, how ever later last night not even that would work with the same issue were the game would not un-pause.Any ideas ?
Hit the power button to off, it will solve all problems.
Hit the power button to off, it will solve all problems.
Hah! So true.
No power button on this game - unless the Wings grab a 3ish goal lead early.
Beanpot
-
It's a shame no one on these teams as Ovechkin's charisma, it's kind of amazing that both have more than one "best in the world" calibur players. Ovechkin has one hell of a team around him but with Crosby and Malkin (or Malkin and Crosby) locked up long term, and are only getting better...and Fleury isn't even 25 years old? I hope it still turns into an epic rivalry, but it doesn't really look like the Penguins are going anywhere.
Here's to Mason, Nash and Filatov being the next big 3. 🥷
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login