Skip to content

Draft Diaries - Gerbil Peppers

The Browns Board
45 19 1.5k
  • Hey, this is the first Peppers post from me since we drafted him.

  • 2nd πŸ˜‰ good videos. but why blame Woody? Blame the board that got put together with Williams properly having something to do with it..Tabor also..Does anybody really care now where Tom Brady played his college ball at?

  • 2nd πŸ˜‰ good videos. but why blame Woody? Blame the board that got put together with Williams properly having something to do with it..Tabor also..Does anybody really care now where Tom Brady played his college ball at?

    @gumby73 said:

    2nd πŸ˜‰ good videos. but why blame Woody? Blame the board that got put together with Williams properly having something to do with it..Tabor also..Does anybody really care now where Tom Brady played his college ball at?

    +1

  • Don't worry Woody. I am glad Sgt. Peppers is on the team. He makes us a way better team.

  • Thanks for the videos Woody!

    He comes from the same school that gave our defense a very reliable Thom Darden back in the day. It's a different era but hopefully he can add a similar reliability.

    I know Peppers gets a lot of criticism in here especially when we passed up Malik Hooker/OJ Howard at #12 in order to add a 1st round pick in 2018 and select Peppers at #25 overall. The soph must have had something behind the following honors earned :

  • Peppers needs to get with the other rookie defenders and do a Sgt. Peppers photo. It's the 50th anniversary.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/06/03/sgt-peppers-musical-revolution-howard-goodall-ideal-insight/

  • I thought gerbil was the auto correct?

  • Thanks for the videos Woody!

    He comes from the same school that gave our defense a very reliable Thom Darden back in the day. It's a different era but hopefully he can add a similar reliability.

    I know Peppers gets a lot of criticism in here especially when we passed up Malik Hooker/OJ Howard at #12 in order to add a 1st round pick in 2018 and select Peppers at #25 overall. The soph must have had something behind the following honors earned :

    @flugel said:

    Thanks for the videos Woody!

    He comes from the same school that gave our defense a very reliable Thom Darden back in the day. It's a different era but hopefully he can add a similar reliability.

    I know Peppers gets a lot of criticism in here especially when we passed up Malik Hooker/OJ Howard at #12 in order to add a 1st round pick in 2018 and select Peppers at #25 overall. The soph must have had something behind the following honors earned :

    Was looking on Wika the other day at the 2000 Tom Brady draft. Pay close attention to where many Bucks & Wolverines fall..I think your enjoy this trip down memory lane?

  • I'm still not sure where exactly Peppers is going to be playing. I know we've said SS, but I keep hearing that Gregg Williams is going to play more than 80% nickel, and if that's the way it is, then Peppers could be used in a number of ways. Playing nickel that much means we're playing it against running downs, and not just traditional passing situations. Will Peppers be at the line a lot? Can he cover man on man? Zone?

    I have no clue, and I also don't know how long it will take our staff to sort of "figure out" where and how to play the kid. The biggest areas of Peppers that I like are the athletic ability and his desire to play the game. He really seems like a true "football player", and we've drafted people like Justin Gilbert who had all the ability in the world, but weren't "into the game", and we see how that affects them. Peppers has the speed, the strength, and the outright WILL to be a serious player for us, and I'm hoping we figure his role out sooner than later.

  • Right....I think we'll see Peppers all. over. the. field.

    LB....SS.....FS....KR.....etc etc etc....

    No matter what the set.....we want our best players on the field.....and I think he'll be one of those guys.....

  • Right....I think we'll see Peppers all. over. the. field.

    LB....SS.....FS....KR.....etc etc etc....

    No matter what the set.....we want our best players on the field.....and I think he'll be one of those guys.....

    @mudfly said:

    Right....I think we'll see Peppers all. over. the. field.

    LB....SS.....FS....KR.....etc etc etc....

    No matter what the set.....we want our best players on the field.....and I think he'll be one of those guys.....

    Well said Mud! Gruden actually called his diversity of roles on Michigan a perfect fit an NFL DC that has to face so many different styles of offense/pass games.

  • Thanks for the videos Woody!

    He comes from the same school that gave our defense a very reliable Thom Darden back in the day. It's a different era but hopefully he can add a similar reliability.

    I know Peppers gets a lot of criticism in here especially when we passed up Malik Hooker/OJ Howard at #12 in order to add a 1st round pick in 2018 and select Peppers at #25 overall. The soph must have had something behind the following honors earned :

    @flugel said:

    <p>

    Thanks for the videos Woody!

    He comes from the same school that gave our defense a very reliable Thom Darden back in the day. It's a different era but hopefully he can add a similar reliability.

    I know Peppers gets a lot of criticism in here especially when we passed up Malik Hooker/OJ Howard at #12 in order to add a 1st round pick in 2018 and select Peppers at #25 overall. The soph must have had something behind the following honors earned :

    And there are even more awards than that

  • Never said didn't like the pick.

    Just reminds me of the JFF fanboys comin in and placing him at the mantle of greatness before he even stepped onto the field. I like peppa, just very careful anymore to acclaim greatness of a player i like and they fizzle like a wet wick.

  • yeah, similarities....they were both human beings...

    but they are different people, Pepper isn't a wild alcoholic/druggie/partier/loser and they

    play completely different positions and....

    geez.

  • 1) No Michigan fans have appeared on our board since we drafted Peppers. I was here before and I'll be here after.

    2) I posted a documentary of his draft process. I never announced him as the savior of the team. You can go back through and read my posts on his skill and what he'll bring. Hell, Gip repeatedly posted that I said he couldn't cover (I didn't).

    3) There were also non Aggie fan Browns fans that slobbed all over Johnny's knob. They should be lumped in their too.

    4) The fact we didn't draft Hooker is going to make the OSU fans on our board salty for a while I imagine.

  • Speaking of the Devil, I was walking in downtown Estes Park, Colo. this afternoon and came across this right on the main street.

    http://www.visitestespark.com/listings/sgt-peppers-music-%26-video/968/

  • 1) No Michigan fans have appeared on our board since we drafted Peppers. I was here before and I'll be here after.

    2) I posted a documentary of his draft process. I never announced him as the savior of the team. You can go back through and read my posts on his skill and what he'll bring. Hell, Gip repeatedly posted that I said he couldn't cover (I didn't).

    3) There were also non Aggie fan Browns fans that slobbed all over Johnny's knob. They should be lumped in their too.

    4) The fact we didn't draft Hooker is going to make the OSU fans on our board salty for a while I imagine.

    @mld-woody said:

    4) The fact we didn't draft Hooker is going to make the OSU fans on our board salty for a while I imagine.

    Got to admit I was losing it till the 1st rounder next year was announced. A wHole lot better after Peppers was still there at 25. than went to ecstatic when Njoku was announced. Lattimore got played by a Hooker. Hooker's got'a a shoulder issue that may not fair well for a safety. Peppers has got far to many doors that could open on the field over 1 shutdown CB or S. Just getting this one right would be really nice..

  • Right....I think we'll see Peppers all. over. the. field.

    LB....SS.....FS....KR.....etc etc etc....

    No matter what the set.....we want our best players on the field.....and I think he'll be one of those guys.....

    @mudfly said:

    Right....I think we'll see Peppers all. over. the. field.

    LB....SS.....FS....KR.....etc etc etc....

    No matter what the set.....we want our best players on the field.....and I think he'll be one of those guys.....

    Mud, we are 100% in agreement on this one. I think he'll be all over the place.

    Mike

  • @mudfly said:

    Right....I think we'll see Peppers all. over. the. field.

    LB....SS.....FS....KR.....etc etc etc....

    No matter what the set.....we want our best players on the field.....and I think he'll be one of those guys.....

    Mud, we are 100% in agreement on this one. I think he'll be all over the place.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Mud, we are 100% in agreement on this one. I think he'll be all over the place.

    Mike

    Let's hope that is true and that we add more like him next draft as well. Hybrid defensive players under an innovative DC. The more the merrier.

  • As it stands we need a centerfielder in the mold of Hooker far more than a SS/nickel like Peppers.

    That having been said, Jabrill has more potential than Ward and that is the standard I'll be holding him to. I expect his career to follow a similar arc, improving his man coverage in the first year or two - then contending for a probowl nod year 3.

    He's capable and by everything we've heard, determined enough to be as effective.

    Especially under a motivator like Gregg Williams, I expect some good things.