Draft Diaries - Gerbil Peppers
-
1) No Michigan fans have appeared on our board since we drafted Peppers. I was here before and I'll be here after.
2) I posted a documentary of his draft process. I never announced him as the savior of the team. You can go back through and read my posts on his skill and what he'll bring. Hell, Gip repeatedly posted that I said he couldn't cover (I didn't).
3) There were also non Aggie fan Browns fans that slobbed all over Johnny's knob. They should be lumped in their too.
4) The fact we didn't draft Hooker is going to make the OSU fans on our board salty for a while I imagine.
-
Speaking of the Devil, I was walking in downtown Estes Park, Colo. this afternoon and came across this right on the main street.
http://www.visitestespark.com/listings/sgt-peppers-music-%26-video/968/
-
1) No Michigan fans have appeared on our board since we drafted Peppers. I was here before and I'll be here after.
2) I posted a documentary of his draft process. I never announced him as the savior of the team. You can go back through and read my posts on his skill and what he'll bring. Hell, Gip repeatedly posted that I said he couldn't cover (I didn't).
3) There were also non Aggie fan Browns fans that slobbed all over Johnny's knob. They should be lumped in their too.
4) The fact we didn't draft Hooker is going to make the OSU fans on our board salty for a while I imagine.
4) The fact we didn't draft Hooker is going to make the OSU fans on our board salty for a while I imagine.
Got to admit I was losing it till the 1st rounder next year was announced. A wHole lot better after Peppers was still there at 25. than went to ecstatic when Njoku was announced. Lattimore got played by a Hooker. Hooker's got'a a shoulder issue that may not fair well for a safety. Peppers has got far to many doors that could open on the field over 1 shutdown CB or S. Just getting this one right would be really nice..
-
Right....I think we'll see Peppers all. over. the. field.
LB....SS.....FS....KR.....etc etc etc....
No matter what the set.....we want our best players on the field.....and I think he'll be one of those guys.....
Right....I think we'll see Peppers all. over. the. field.
LB....SS.....FS....KR.....etc etc etc....
No matter what the set.....we want our best players on the field.....and I think he'll be one of those guys.....
Mud, we are 100% in agreement on this one. I think he'll be all over the place.
Mike
-
Right....I think we'll see Peppers all. over. the. field.
LB....SS.....FS....KR.....etc etc etc....
No matter what the set.....we want our best players on the field.....and I think he'll be one of those guys.....
Mud, we are 100% in agreement on this one. I think he'll be all over the place.
Mike
Mud, we are 100% in agreement on this one. I think he'll be all over the place.
Mike
Let's hope that is true and that we add more like him next draft as well. Hybrid defensive players under an innovative DC. The more the merrier.
-
As it stands we need a centerfielder in the mold of Hooker far more than a SS/nickel like Peppers.
That having been said, Jabrill has more potential than Ward and that is the standard I'll be holding him to. I expect his career to follow a similar arc, improving his man coverage in the first year or two - then contending for a probowl nod year 3.
He's capable and by everything we've heard, determined enough to be as effective.
Especially under a motivator like Gregg Williams, I expect some good things.
-
You did say that his covered skills that were questionable which I guess you're right you didn't say specifically that he could not cover just that his coverage skills were questionable if you want to be a woman is that I guess you can but you did say that or you go to someone else he did say that and basically played it to yourself
-
Holy run on sentence Batman
-
You did say that his covered skills that were questionable which I guess you're right you didn't say specifically that he could not cover just that his coverage skills were questionable if you want to be a woman is that I guess you can but you did say that or you go to someone else he did say that and basically played it to yourself
You did say that his covered skills that were questionable which I guess you're right you didn't say specifically that he could not cover just that his coverage skills were questionable if you want to be a woman is that I guess you can but you did say that or you go to someone else he did say that and basically played it to yourself
The fuck does this ramble even mean?
-
Wow. That was the best Gipper post I've ever read. gumby73 is probably holding him hostage somewhere.
-
Wow. That was the best Gipper post I've ever read. gumby73 is probably holding him hostage somewhere.
Wow. That was the best Gipper post I've ever read. gumby73 is probably holding him hostage somewhere.
Yep, ate a bit too much gumbo for dinner prolly.
-
Wow. That was the best Gipper post I've ever read. gumby73 is probably holding him hostage somewhere.
Wow. That was the best Gipper post I've ever read. gumby73 is probably holding him hostage somewhere.
not a chance in hell. but a charlie brown's teacher try?
You did say that his covered skills that were questionable which I guess you're right you didn't say specifically that he could not cover just that his coverage skills were questionable if you want to be a woman is that I guess you can but you did say that or you go to someone else he did say that and basically played it to yourself
(Tia or woody) did say that peppers coverage skills were questionable. Which Gip guesses (Tia or Woody) is right.(Tia or Woody) didn't say specifically that peppers could not cover. Just that peppers coverage skills were questionable. If (Woody or Tia) wants to be a women about it? I guess (Woody or Tia) can? but (Woody or Tia) did say that. (Tia or Woody) can go be someone else? but, (Woody or Tia) did say that & basically played it to (Tia or Woody) Na Nu Na Nu ... And may you both show up tomorrow in the courtroom of Gripperness...& of course Good LUck!! WE SHALL ALL BE JURY WITNESSES
-
I'm on record as saying Peppers coverage was suspect and needed improvement. But he's not going to be asked to be Earl Thomas - as I said.
My benchmark for him will be TJ Ward. One he does have the potential to fulfill.
Do I see him being the ball hawk on the backend that keeps QB's checking on his alignment? No. That i do not and I can't see him becoming such.
-
I'm on record as saying Peppers coverage was suspect and needed improvement. But he's not going to be asked to be Earl Thomas - as I said.
My benchmark for him will be TJ Ward. One he does have the potential to fulfill.
Do I see him being the ball hawk on the backend that keeps QB's checking on his alignment? No. That i do not and I can't see him becoming such.
I'm on record as saying Peppers coverage was suspect and needed improvement. But he's not going to be asked to be Earl Thomas - as I said.
My benchmark for him will be TJ Ward. One he does have the potential to fulfill.
Never thought of it, but hell yea we would take a more disciplined TJ Ward back at S. While were at it, if we can get Larry Ogunjobi who is build like Micheal Bennett to play like Fletcher Cox, now were on to something..
-
I'm on record as saying Peppers coverage was suspect and needed improvement. But he's not going to be asked to be Earl Thomas - as I said.
My benchmark for him will be TJ Ward. One he does have the potential to fulfill.
Never thought of it, but hell yea we would take a more disciplined TJ Ward back at S. While were at it, if we can get Larry Ogunjobi who is build like Micheal Bennett to play like Fletcher Cox, now were on to something..
Michael Bennett from tOSU or A&M/Hawks Bennett? If you mean the latter then your comparison couldn't be further off.Never thought of it, but hell yea we would take a more disciplined TJ Ward back at S. While were at it, if we can get Larry Ogunjobi who is build like Micheal Bennett to play like Fletcher Cox, now were on to something..
Jobi is a low built, stout 3tech. Who, surprisingly, gets skinny pretty well for a man his size.
Bennett is an edge defender with the strength to side inside in subpackages.
-
I'm on record as saying Peppers coverage was suspect and needed improvement. But he's not going to be asked to be Earl Thomas - as I said.
My benchmark for him will be TJ Ward. One he does have the potential to fulfill.
Do I see him being the ball hawk on the backend that keeps QB's checking on his alignment? No. That i do not and I can't see him becoming such.
I'm on record as saying Peppers coverage was suspect and needed improvement. But he's not going to be asked to be Earl Thomas - as I said.
My benchmark for him will be TJ Ward. One he does have the potential to fulfill.
Do I see him being the ball hawk on the backend that keeps QB's checking on his alignment? No. That i do not and I can't see him becoming such.
See, I understand he isn't that now, but I could easily see him becoming that. He's never focused on just that full time, so there really isn't any basis to say he can't
-
Michael Bennett from tOSU or A&M/Hawks Bennett? If you mean the latter then your comparison couldn't be further off.Never thought of it, but hell yea we would take a more disciplined TJ Ward back at S. While were at it, if we can get Larry Ogunjobi who is build like Micheal Bennett to play like Fletcher Cox, now were on to something..
Jobi is a low built, stout 3tech. Who, surprisingly, gets skinny pretty well for a man his size.
Bennett is an edge defender with the strength to side inside in subpackages.
Michael Bennett from tOSU or A&M/Hawks Bennett? If you mean the latter then your comparison couldn't be further off.
Jobi is a low built, stout 3tech. Who, surprisingly, gets skinny pretty well for a man his size.
Bennett is an edge defender with the strength to side inside in subpackages.
All I know, if we had the Guns like "Oh what Guns jobi". I would demand a uni with the Hawks Bennett circle cutout sleeves. Our Buckeye Bennett with the Jags now nor Shelton Rankins has the work ethic this Gun seems to have. Larry is just far to easy to root for..#thelordw/larry EDIT--staying on topic--Peppers follow that Tank!!
-
Man I don't want to like Jalapeño but I do. Hoping he plays well....
-
You did say that his covered skills that were questionable which I guess you're right you didn't say specifically that he could not cover just that his coverage skills were questionable if you want to be a woman is that I guess you can but you did say that or you go to someone else he did say that and basically played it to yourself
The fuck does this ramble even mean?
-
I am on my phone trying to use voice recognition sometimes it does not recognize what I am saying and garbles things so that's why it looks funky and I do not have the patience to go back and try to correct it Walla
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login