Biggest Areas of Concern
-
Boo Hoo.....MMB doesn't want to be called negative. Dude, the fucking team has no players. There is nothing negative in saying this.
Boo Hoo.....MMB doesn't want to be called negative. Dude, the fucking team has no players. There is nothing negative in saying this.
You have a schtick, Ghoolie. I don't.
You don't want to have a conversation. I do.
I think I have realistic expectations. Not a fucking fluffer. And not a god damn troll.
Cool if that's what you want to be. Shit isn't me.
-
Boo Hoo.....MMB doesn't want to be called negative. Dude, the fucking team has no players. There is nothing negative in saying this.
You have a schtick, Ghoolie. I don't.
You don't want to have a conversation. I do.
I think I have realistic expectations. Not a fucking fluffer. And not a god damn troll.
Cool if that's what you want to be. Shit isn't me.
You have a schtick, Ghoolie. I don't.
You don't want to have a conversation. I do.
I think I have realistic expectations. Not a fucking fluffer. And not a god damn troll.
Cool if that's what you want to be. Shit isn't me.
Dude, shove your "schtick" up your ass. I have no fucking "schtick"
You absolutely ARE a fluffer. Not as big of one as player/coach cocksucker Flugel, but you are a fluffer.
You think you have realistic expectations? LMAO. Just what are they? That once again having the highest paid fatasses, the least important and talented players on the field are going to do what? Block us into the playoffs? Who the fuck is going to score points dude? Who? Ho the fuck do you improve your team when you have less skilled players, less point makers than you did at 1 - 19?
Please, share your fucking "reality" with me. I would love to hear more. You are pimping a bunch of fantasy that has nothing to do with football. All bullshit made up in your head. All echoes of what some Browns analyst or sportswriter told you to think.
The offensive line is not improved. There was not a god damned thing wrong with the 2016 OL. What part of reality doesn't sink through the heads of Browns fans like you?
NO FIVE MEN CAN BLOCK EIGHT OR NINE
Without a single threat on offense, opposing defenses will stack the line, overpower the line and once again in 2017 force the Browns offense into dump-and-dink plays. THe OL will be overwhelmed, the DL will play far too many plays. It will exhaust them and it will cause injuries from fatigue. Finally,,,,,,,,THE QB IS EVERYTHING. WIthout that, there is no hope, no emotion, no adrenaline on the field.
Hey, I know, you and Flugel put on your female cheerleader outfits and the Browns will pay you to give blowjobs at half time and assure this bag of shit team that if they just stick to it....."We'll get em next week.
-
Keep arguing against things I never said, Ghoolie. No schtick there at all. LOL
Did you not read the post you were criticizing?
You're a self-annointed troll. That's your "thing." It's not mine.
-
1) offer some actual football content, instead of stepping away from your political haggling just long enough to tell me what to say...whilst not participating in any football analysis......
********************************************************************
I did, wet dirt boy....talked about changing their criteria for selecting new players for a long time. They drafted
terrific athletes in the past. Gilbert. Jm. Quinn. Robiesky, w. Green, Richardson...... but they didn't love the game...they didn't have the work ethic, weren't football smart. You can not build a team with athletic prima donnas who don't care...college draft picks who would rather drink or dope their way through their contracts than try to win games. Remember Ricky Williams...that trade to draft him? Same mistake. And, wet dirt boy, I NEVER talk politics here - I was one of the people who wanted a separate forum, you
foolish mudly. Pretty weak football talk. You Mad, Mud?

************************************************************************
2) stop "whining" that you dont like my opinion.....and offer a valid factual counterpoint instead.....and(unlike you) I will open my mind and consider another point of view....which Ive done many many times here.....
************************************************************************
Whining is constant bitching. I have only written a few posts recently about your depression non-football impressions.
"Oh, WOE IS ME, I'M SUCH A VICTIM OF MY LOSING TEAM" a thousand? times isn't football talk. I offered up reasons
to give the Browns A FREAKING BREAK - they changed their criteria on the draft and FA. And while I was an ardent fan
of Trubisky's... getting Kizer may end up being the qb steal of the entire draft. I see a HUGE difference in their approach to
building the Browns into a winner. You want to wet your pants about the past - let it go was my advice.
*************************************************************************
Nothing worse than coming on here just to say someones opinion is wrong, while not offering any "quality" points to establish why....
*************************************************************************
The biggest problem with the Browns is the kind of players they have drafted over the years. Just stupid. With the new
very SMART criteria for drafting players - they would never have drafted the losers that were added to the team in the past.
Gilbert? HELL NO. He does not fit. I can go on and on about it, but you can't build a football team on athletically talented
losers - weak and shifting sands.
***************************************************************************
And...my final pouty-pouty......this thread is titled biggest areas of concern....so, should I list all the things I love about this team....or say what concerns me....??? Stick in the Mud
*****************************************************
Yes, your biggest area of concern is the past losing and how you are such a poor victim for so long.
Big football talk nothing. I've talked about changing the type of players added for a long time. Even if a player
is good - what does it matter if he doesn't care to play in the snow? Wants to play close to home and his entourage'?
Only wants to play for a playoff team? Draft Eli Manning, but he openly refuses to play for your team?
Come on. Draft mistakes have left this team in mediocrity for years. You are so busy sitting in the mud crying ...
for so long, you refuse to see the nice sidewalk to finally getting the Browns on a long term competitive
winning trek.
The Browns started playing some smart football last year. Major weaknesses - Oline - FIXED. Defensive backfield -
FIXED. (I think). Defensive line rotation - FIXED. Lockerroom - FIXED. Depth all over the roster - FIXED...? Weakness
at TE - FIXED. Restrictions on talent level - scheme versatility on both sides of the ball - ? fixed???
Questions are at qb and wr.
"Oh, look at me, I'm so pitifully worn down over the miserable past that I cry great big crocodile tearsies" isn't talking football
Mudly. Every single Browns fan KNOWS about the miserable mediocrity the Browns were mired in for years.
Last couple of years, the new players are held to a far higher standard - love for the game and character, work ethic, etc
plays the primary type of player they want on the Browns.
Guys like Dieken, Kosar, Sipe, Clay, the list is long- those guys LOVED football. We finally have guys who love football
being brought into the fold and all you wanna do is complain about the past. That was just my advice - look at the changes
in the WAY this team is being built.
Or, you can continue to roll around in the poison ivy and cry, and complain that you've had a terrible rash of burning and itching
for years.
Josh Cribbs talked about it in the past - some guys didn't care, some guys were prima donnas that had no self-discipline,
didn't care about winning, etc. You know HE was one of the ones who did. That is why the Browns couldn't get off the ground.
and that the Browns now have a fresh, new excellent manner they are operating in...especially the draft... some of us
have wanted that for a long time. Stop wallowing in the mudsies long enough to man up and notice how the
2017 Browns play the game this coming season. They will be playing like a bunch of guys who mean business - kicking
ass on the field, and working hugely to be winners. That is what I look forward to, Mudly.
TIP OF THE DAY: "You can't look forward to anything in the past"
-
1) offer some actual football content, instead of stepping away from your political haggling just long enough to tell me what to say...whilst not participating in any football analysis......
********************************************************************
I did, wet dirt boy....talked about changing their criteria for selecting new players for a long time. They drafted
terrific athletes in the past. Gilbert. Jm. Quinn. Robiesky, w. Green, Richardson...... but they didn't love the game...they didn't have the work ethic, weren't football smart. You can not build a team with athletic prima donnas who don't care...college draft picks who would rather drink or dope their way through their contracts than try to win games. Remember Ricky Williams...that trade to draft him? Same mistake. And, wet dirt boy, I NEVER talk politics here - I was one of the people who wanted a separate forum, you
foolish mudly. Pretty weak football talk. You Mad, Mud?

************************************************************************
2) stop "whining" that you dont like my opinion.....and offer a valid factual counterpoint instead.....and(unlike you) I will open my mind and consider another point of view....which Ive done many many times here.....
************************************************************************
Whining is constant bitching. I have only written a few posts recently about your depression non-football impressions.
"Oh, WOE IS ME, I'M SUCH A VICTIM OF MY LOSING TEAM" a thousand? times isn't football talk. I offered up reasons
to give the Browns A FREAKING BREAK - they changed their criteria on the draft and FA. And while I was an ardent fan
of Trubisky's... getting Kizer may end up being the qb steal of the entire draft. I see a HUGE difference in their approach to
building the Browns into a winner. You want to wet your pants about the past - let it go was my advice.
*************************************************************************
Nothing worse than coming on here just to say someones opinion is wrong, while not offering any "quality" points to establish why....
*************************************************************************
The biggest problem with the Browns is the kind of players they have drafted over the years. Just stupid. With the new
very SMART criteria for drafting players - they would never have drafted the losers that were added to the team in the past.
Gilbert? HELL NO. He does not fit. I can go on and on about it, but you can't build a football team on athletically talented
losers - weak and shifting sands.
***************************************************************************
And...my final pouty-pouty......this thread is titled biggest areas of concern....so, should I list all the things I love about this team....or say what concerns me....??? Stick in the Mud
*****************************************************
Yes, your biggest area of concern is the past losing and how you are such a poor victim for so long.
Big football talk nothing. I've talked about changing the type of players added for a long time. Even if a player
is good - what does it matter if he doesn't care to play in the snow? Wants to play close to home and his entourage'?
Only wants to play for a playoff team? Draft Eli Manning, but he openly refuses to play for your team?
Come on. Draft mistakes have left this team in mediocrity for years. You are so busy sitting in the mud crying ...
for so long, you refuse to see the nice sidewalk to finally getting the Browns on a long term competitive
winning trek.
The Browns started playing some smart football last year. Major weaknesses - Oline - FIXED. Defensive backfield -
FIXED. (I think). Defensive line rotation - FIXED. Lockerroom - FIXED. Depth all over the roster - FIXED...? Weakness
at TE - FIXED. Restrictions on talent level - scheme versatility on both sides of the ball - ? fixed???
Questions are at qb and wr.
"Oh, look at me, I'm so pitifully worn down over the miserable past that I cry great big crocodile tearsies" isn't talking football
Mudly. Every single Browns fan KNOWS about the miserable mediocrity the Browns were mired in for years.
Last couple of years, the new players are held to a far higher standard - love for the game and character, work ethic, etc
plays the primary type of player they want on the Browns.
Guys like Dieken, Kosar, Sipe, Clay, the list is long- those guys LOVED football. We finally have guys who love football
being brought into the fold and all you wanna do is complain about the past. That was just my advice - look at the changes
in the WAY this team is being built.
Or, you can continue to roll around in the poison ivy and cry, and complain that you've had a terrible rash of burning and itching
for years.
Josh Cribbs talked about it in the past - some guys didn't care, some guys were prima donnas that had no self-discipline,
didn't care about winning, etc. You know HE was one of the ones who did. That is why the Browns couldn't get off the ground.
and that the Browns now have a fresh, new excellent manner they are operating in...especially the draft... some of us
have wanted that for a long time. Stop wallowing in the mudsies long enough to man up and notice how the
2017 Browns play the game this coming season. They will be playing like a bunch of guys who mean business - kicking
ass on the field, and working hugely to be winners. That is what I look forward to, Mudly.
TIP OF THE DAY: "You can't look forward to anything in the past"
You want to wet your pants about the past - let it go was my advice.
The biggest problem with the Browns is the kind of players they have drafted over the years. - they would never have drafted the losers that were added to the team in the past.
Gilbert? HELL NO. He does not fit. I can go on and on about it
Yes, your biggest area of concern is the past losing and how you are such a poor victim for so long.
********************************************************************************************************************
Im not the one talking about the past......you are......^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
********************************************************************************************************************
Big football talk nothing. I've talked about changing the type of players added for a long time. Even if a player
is good - what does it matter if he doesn't care to play in the snow? Wants to play close to home and his entourage'?
Only wants to play for a playoff team? Draft Eli Manning, but he openly refuses to play for your team?
***********************************************************************************************************************
None of this ^^^^^^^^ has anything to do with the Browns......fiction......
***********************************************************************************************************************
Come on. Draft mistakes have left this team in mediocrity for years.
***********************************************************************************************************************
Still blathering on about the past, are we?
***********************************************************************************************************************
You are so busy sitting in the mud crying ...
for so long, you refuse to see the nice sidewalk to finally getting the Browns on a long term competitive
winning trek.
***********************************************************************************************************************
Or you refuse to see the positives I have posted......and completely miss many of the points Ive tried to make......and still refuse to accept there are areas we need to improve on....which is where my focus is........
***********************************************************************************************************************
The Browns started playing some smart football last year. Major weaknesses - Oline - FIXED. Defensive backfield -
FIXED. (I think). Defensive line rotation - FIXED. Lockerroom - FIXED. Depth all over the roster - FIXED...? Weakness
at TE - FIXED. Restrictions on talent level - scheme versatility on both sides of the ball - ? fixed???
*************************************************************************************************************************
This ^^^^^^^^^ is the most ridiculous thing Ive read here....and a big part of what I bitch about.....not so much the "Browns" , as the silly stupid things you say about them.....O line fixed????.......DB fixed????(worst part of this team are the DB's).......Schemes on both sides of the ball?.....what schemes?.....Hues offense is one of the worst we've had in years........
*************************************************************************************************************************
Questions are at qb and wr.
*************************************************************************************************************************
And less than a year ago, I was hearing WR's fixed........you do realize we've actually gotten worse at WR, right?
**************************************************************************************************************************
The new players are held to a far higher standard - love for the game and character, work ethic, etc
plays the primary type of player they want on the Browns.
**************************************************************************************************************************
Couldnt disagree more.......we are drafting the same types of players and then justifying their shortcomings.......Hue plays em, while Pettine actually did hold them accountable and kept the schmucks on the bench.....Ask Gilbert or Bowe who kept em on the bench.....then ask Erving why he didnt sit?....or Brantley who gave him the chance.....or Payton why he's still playing.....or Peppers why his diluted test didnt matter......get yer head outta the sand....
****************************************************************************************************************************
Guys like Dieken, Kosar, Sipe, Clay, the list is long- those guys LOVED football. We finally have guys who love football
being brought into the fold and all you wanna do is complain about the past.
****************************************************************************************************************************
Cal....YOU are the one yakking about the past.....3 or 4 times in this post alone.......while I keep pointing to NOW......
****************************************************************************************************************************
That was just my advice - look at the changes
in the WAY this team is being built.
***************************************************************************************************************************
Again.....Im seeing a lot of the same type of players.....and keep giving you names......but all that sand is stuck in your ears and eyes....
****************************************************************************************************************************
Stop wallowing in the mudsies long enough to man up and notice how the
2017 Browns play the game this coming season. They will be playing like a bunch of guys who mean business - kicking
ass on the field, and working hugely to be winners. That is what I look forward to, Mudly.
******************************************************************************************************************************
You say this EVERY YEAR Calskies.....every.....single.....year............(including 1-16).....so I cant take it seriously....sorry
******************************************************************************************************************************
TIP OF THE DAY: "You can't look forward to anything in the past"
Then stop living in the past and bitching about Gilbert, Manziel, Richardsonc.......and stop day dreaming about the future.......today is where Im at.....
Heck.....very good chance that Coleman is our next first round bust.....(thats me looking ahead
).....chronic dropsies, chronic injuries and, now, maybe prison.....but, hey, he's an example of our great approach to 1st round draft choices......eh? -
I was just engaging you to show you that wallowing in your Browns fan self pity no workee. That's all.
Stooping to your low level of fandom to reach out to you and lift you up. But you are just too heavy, Mudly.
I'm no attitude weight-lifter, you have you help yourself a bit, and you don't want to.
Goshsies, you annoyed by me bringing up the past, to show the different in approach to the draft, etc?
Then take a walk on the wild side and look in the mirror.
Your pitiful victimhood sadness is just annoying and boring. But if that makes you happy, too bad for the rest of us who are excited to see the changes in how the Browns play.
They don't have to be in the superbowl for me to still be a Browns fan. I jokingly predict the
playoffs for the Browns every freaking year, proud to do it, and one of these years real soon, I will finally
be right. You got a problem with that? LOL
-
I was just engaging you to show you that wallowing in your Browns fan self pity no workee. That's all.
Stooping to your low level of fandom to reach out to you and lift you up. But you are just too heavy, Mudly.
I'm no attitude weight-lifter, you have you help yourself a bit, and you don't want to.
Goshsies, you annoyed by me bringing up the past, to show the different in approach to the draft, etc?
Then take a walk on the wild side and look in the mirror.
Your pitiful victimhood sadness is just annoying and boring. But if that makes you happy, too bad for the rest of us who are excited to see the changes in how the Browns play.
They don't have to be in the superbowl for me to still be a Browns fan. I jokingly predict the
playoffs for the Browns every freaking year, proud to do it, and one of these years real soon, I will finally
be right. You got a problem with that? LOL
I was just engaging you to show you that wallowing in your Browns fan self pity no workee. That's all.
Stooping to your low level of fandom to reach out to you and lift you up. But you are just too heavy, Mudly.
I'm no attitude weight-lifter, you have you help yourself a bit, and you don't want to.
Goshsies, you annoyed by me bringing up the past, to show the different in approach to the draft, etc?
Then take a walk on the wild side and look in the mirror.
Your pitiful victimhood sadness is just annoying and boring. But if that makes you happy, too bad for the rest of us who are excited to see the changes in how the Browns play.
They don't have to be in the superbowl for me to still be a Browns fan. I jokingly predict the
playoffs for the Browns every freaking year, proud to do it, and one of these years real soon, I will finally
be right. You got a problem with that? LOL
Not too sure Ive called myself a victim....except to establish that I(and Browns fans in general) have every reason to bitch.....
We are the worst team over last 2 decades, yet have no right to be upset.....apparently....
Personally, I think it's weak to not fight back......strong fans demand better.....weak fans accept crap.....
Guess what...Im still a Browns fan....thats why Im here talking Browns every day....thats why I wont accept losing......and instead of taking it in the ass with a smile, Im fighting for my team to get better, as opposed to more of the same....
You keep doing what your doing....cause there's merit to blind love and fantasy.....and Ill keep doing what I do, cause there's merit in seeing short comings and fighting to fix them....
-
You guys are both right in different ways.
-
I'm righter. LOL
-
You guys are both right in different ways.
Exactly.....which is why we BOTH (all) should be able to present our views without being told to shut up.....
(At least those of us who try to do it tactfully.......w/o personal attacks, name calling, insults, etc.....).....
I wish some of those guys would shut up......
-
My concern is not having Josh Gordon out there to elevate the play of Britt, Njoku, and Coleman..
All because he likes to smoke some weed... Dude went to rehab voluntarily in September..Denied his reinstatement after 6 months of rehab and working out, all because of this dangerous substance, aka pot..
Sort of ridiculous if you ask me, but regardless, Higgins, Payton, Louis need to step up. They all need to step up.
I expect to see areas of concern in our WR corps, oline is going to take a bit to get it going, false starts and holdings will be a plenty.
I expect Kessler to play better, but is one hit away from holding a clipboard for the rest of his NFL existence,
and Kizer needs to sit and learn and study the speed, timing, and anticipation of NFL defenses.
I don't necessarily see one area of great success this season.. Maybe at the DL we added better players, but can they generate pressure as a group and not just one or two guys?
Can our secondary and linebackers slow down the likes of Antonio Brown, AJ Green, T.Y. Hilton, DeAndre Hopkins, Jordy Nelson, Alshon Jeffery, Delanie Walker, etc.?
I don't know.. I think we are going to need to put up 25+ a game to compete with at least 7 of these teams this season. That is going to be a tough task with Kessler/Osweiler at the helms.. -
You guys are both right in different ways.
You voted for Obama and Hillary.
-
Hey Mudflap, let's talk about your points, without the Ghoolie venom.................
This is a Browns forum where folks want to come and have fun, to look forward to good times and critique all the goings on of the team. For sure, I can be a pisser on the parade., Believe me, I get it.
However, look at your own words. You have rightly called the Browns the worst franchise in the past 20 years, I believe it is the worst franchise in the history of pro football. But I digress. The part that many don't understand is that I AM a Browns fan and I want them to win. However, let me share the view from where I sit.
To be successful the Browns are going to have close the gap on the better teams. So in the case of the Steelers for example, I ask the simple question, what have we done to close the QB advantage they have? How about the WR advantage they have? RB? Now you see, the only answer anyone can give me is " If this guy pans out to be what we think:....
Mud, every NFL team had a bunch of rookies and unproven talent that "If this guy pans out to be what they think"...will dramatically transform their team. I cite Flugel as an absolute example of how Browns fans have become simpletons. Read his horseshit on " Greg Williams is going to really have these guys whipped into shape" horseshit. For 20 years this egg drop has been using the same exact sentences but putting in the new guys name every year.................He, and many like him have given a voluminous amount of blowjobs to Holmgren, Lerner, Haslam, Savage, Crennel, and on and on and on it goes...............
Again, I get it, that's a part of being a fan...............but in this case, a 7 year old fan, not grown men who should be able to think for themselves. One poster said something to the effect that " we can just get Wrs and RBs on the FA market. WTF? Yes, there are tons of that level talent just hanging around because nobody needs them........BUT........... fat ass OL? Yeah baby, that's where the money makers are.
The reasons no expert sees the Browns as measurably improved are the same reasons I lament. No QB, No WRs, No TE and very little RB punch. All this other talk about finally getting it right? It's horseshit, Mud. You know it's horseshit. There is no way this team will be improved, and in fact I believe it will be worse. 0 - 16? Maybe, 3 - 13? Sure, but 4 wins? C mon, we have 6 guaranteed division losses right out of the gate.
The one thing consistent in the last 17 years is that the Cleveland Browns refuse to draft the very creme of the playmaker crop. After the couch pick, we have taken QBs, WRs, and RBs that nobody else really wanted. Quinn? Manzeil? Please dude, nobody wanted those fucktards.
So, from my perspective, it is the majority who post here who are the trolls. 17 years of unrealistinc bullshit. Over and over and over.
-
Listen....I appreciate the toned down approach...best way to get me engaged.....and you and I share a lot of the same feelings.......scary close on some of them.....and some we disagree on, but most thats football opinions on whats most important...
Most of my ranting lately has been about the outrageous optimism following 1 -15....its ridiculous......and the blindness to us doing exactly what weve been doing, yet claiming its some new approach....I wont list it point by point, cause I have many times already.....but I assure you(and everybody else) I have LOVED the Browns for 40 years.....Im just tired of the bullshit and am not convinced much has changed....
Look, to go from average to great, history shows you need to add several GREAT players and even more very good players....fast.....what people dont realize is we aren't even average.....were are terrible.....it will take a bunch of very good players just to get us back to average.....and even more to achieve great......and if I look at 2016-2017 for by measuring stick.....we are not remotely close.....in fact, we are barely doing whats needed to get to average....slowly.....
And in 2 years now.....I honestly dont see one "great" player added to this team....we have added a couple "very goods" and a few goods ones.....but, considering we let approx 12 contributors leave, during the same period, I dont see any overall gains.....and a number of losses.....
Gonna be another ....very .....long season.....
.
-
Playmakers = RBs + WRs... both can be added at any time via the draft or FA. We are building foundations... front to back and inside out... just like real teams do.
Foundations (O-Line, D-Line)... both can be added at any time via the draft or FA.
QB, WR, RB? These are just as much "foundational" players as any other. In some cases more so. Focusing on one area and ignoring another (or simply failing at building another) regardless of what side you feel is more important, is a strategy that will always fail.
Pryor's contract ended up being cheap and short-term. We offered more over a longer period. He declined and wanted to shop. Pryor fucked up; we did not. We wanted a contract that locked him into service after further investment in his development, should he develop. Guess what, assuming he does develop in WSH we can bid for him again if we so desire.
The same desire to shop was true of Schwartz. In both cases we gauged their value better than they did. By standing by our evaluations we have set a tone for all future negotiations. Plus in our deals with Zeitler and Collins we have shown that we are willing to pay top dollar when we think the player is worth it.
What is "setting the tone" for future negotiations? Hardball? LOL There are VERY few teams who have that luxury and the Browns are FAR from being one of them.
Pryor fucked up... And so did the Browns. Pryor got less money. The Browns lost a playmaker. Schwartz fucked up... And so did the Browns. Schwartz got less money. And the Browns have had ??? at RT (although I admit to liking Coleman a hell of a lot and disappointed they let Pasztor walk as I believed him to be better than what he was given credit for). Neither party gained anything by playing these negotiations the way they did.
So we needed to spend willy-nilly just to simply elevate our payroll's standing? /s
We stripped down to our shorts and are now filling our closet. It'll take time. As pointed out a couple times above money has to be held in reserve for long-term deals for our high draft picks if and when they show their worthiness of the picks we spent on them.
Rebuilding is a process... one that will likely keep us in the bottom ten of payrolls for two or three more seasons, but the vector is angled up and when it takes off we will leapfrog a lot of teams in a hurry. Payroll is a "lagging indicator".
You're completely missing the point.
I don't mind the strategy of stripping it down and building it up with a consistent vision. I have praised them for doing such.
I do have a problem with calling that strategy an "open wallet". It's a mislabel and entirely disingenuous. We can laud the team for doing the things they are actually doing well without having to make up BS to support our position.
We don't have a QB (yet). Our WR corps is abysmal. Our management is silent on Josh Gordon and that's a travesty. And our secondary is ugly ass fuck. The team will go nowhere without those areas addressed.But I'm not an "all negative" guy. Far from it. I like Jackson. I love the hire of Williams. I believe the Browns to have a "Top Ten" in both the defensive AND offensive lines this season and that should make a huge difference in how competitive they play on a consistent basis. I think Njoku and Devalve are going to be a potent punch at TE. I was against making a big addition at RB, because I like Duke and love Crowell. DeShone Kizer in the second was a COUP and showed up the teams who were sacrificing big assets to draft QBs this season in the first round. Getting a second for taking on Osweiller was a trade I am unabashed support of. I am very excited to see the improvements for this season and I can't wait for next year's draft.
I'm not just an asshole who pisses on everything Browns. And I don't appreciate being treated as though that's the case. Especially from a cat like yourself who I have an incredible amount of respect for and whom I learn a lot about the sport from.
We don't have a QB (yet). Our WR corps is abysmal. Our management is silent on Josh Gordon and that's a travesty. And our secondary is ugly ass fuck. The team will go nowhere without those areas addressed.But I'm not an "all negative" guy. Far from it. I like Jackson. I love the hire of Williams. I believe the Browns to have a "Top Ten" in both the defensive AND offensive lines this season and that should make a huge difference in how competitive they play on a consistent basis. I think Njoku and Devalve are going to be a potent punch at TE. I was against making a big addition at RB, because I like Duke and love Crowell. DeShone Kizer in the second was a COUP and showed up the teams who were sacrificing big assets to draft QBs this season in the first round. Getting a second for taking on Osweiller was a trade I am unabashed support of. I am very excited to see the improvements for this season and I can't wait for next year's draft.
I'm not just an asshole who pisses on everything Browns. And I don't appreciate being treated as though that's the case. Especially from a cat like yourself who I have an incredible amount of respect for and whom I learn a lot about the sport from.
No disrespect was meant.... just disagreements stated where we disagree. If you've read my posts, especially lately, you can note that I don't waste time responding to posters who/posts that I don't respect... and I've "ignore listed" those who most consistently waste my time.
Quality OL are now one of the scarcest commodities in FA and the draft. The NCAA style is responsible for the draft's dearth of talent and in turn that reality has increased the value of OL in the NFL.On the other hand RB and WR are the two of the most plentiful positions... IMO. I simply think it is easier to add the latter two later...
We are in lockstep on our QB situation. Not there yet, but have possibilities both current and future.
And, yes, there are still other areas to be addressed including the 2ndary... another area where I see off-season talent being plentiful. Plus I'm really looking forward to seeing how ours performs under new leadership, a new philosophy and behind a bolstered DL. I think our organization is as well... thus the lack of priority there this off season.
One last point of clarification, not contention... I've cited multiple instances where in 2017 Jimmah has opened his wallet. That's different from having an "open wallet policy"... an approach I do not like.
-
Listen....I appreciate the toned down approach...best way to get me engaged.....and you and I share a lot of the same feelings.......scary close on some of them.....and some we disagree on, but most thats football opinions on whats most important...
Most of my ranting lately has been about the outrageous optimism following 1 -15....its ridiculous......and the blindness to us doing exactly what weve been doing, yet claiming its some new approach....I wont list it point by point, cause I have many times already.....but I assure you(and everybody else) I have LOVED the Browns for 40 years.....Im just tired of the bullshit and am not convinced much has changed....
Look, to go from average to great, history shows you need to add several GREAT players and even more very good players....fast.....what people dont realize is we aren't even average.....were are terrible.....it will take a bunch of very good players just to get us back to average.....and even more to achieve great......and if I look at 2016-2017 for by measuring stick.....we are not remotely close.....in fact, we are barely doing whats needed to get to average....slowly.....
And in 2 years now.....I honestly dont see one "great" player added to this team....we have added a couple "very goods" and a few goods ones.....but, considering we let approx 12 contributors leave, during the same period, I dont see any overall gains.....and a number of losses.....
Gonna be another ....very .....long season.....
.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login