Skip to content

Biggest Areas of Concern

The Browns Board
105 25 3.1k
  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #79

    Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #80

    now, whether or not he is going to be great is not the issue. The issue is, anyone who knows anything realized that Trubisky was the best gamble for big turnout in the 2017 draft. The Browns simply don't bet on big payout players We take players that come with explanations about why this was really the better pick.



    I want the Browns to win. But how do you win without players who can light it up?



    There certainly does appear to be some element of truth to this. Last year when they had the #2 overall...they traded down...and bypassed some very highly rated players who seemed capable of...as you say "lighting it up". Bosa, Elliot, others.

    And this year...to me they bypassed Trubisky who I think can light it up....in favor of a guy who I thought/think is not quite as good as Bosa. Though others here (and nationally) think that Garrett can light it up on the defense. We shall see.

    The thing though is that in the past when we thought the Browns got guys that could light it up on offense, they tanked miserably. Of course we are talking about the likes of Trent Richardson and Johnny Manziel.

    So...even if we get the guys we think can light it up....sometimes....like some firecrackers...they just turn out to be duds.

  • now, whether or not he is going to be great is not the issue. The issue is, anyone who knows anything realized that Trubisky was the best gamble for big turnout in the 2017 draft. The Browns simply don't bet on big payout players We take players that come with explanations about why this was really the better pick.



    I want the Browns to win. But how do you win without players who can light it up?



    There certainly does appear to be some element of truth to this. Last year when they had the #2 overall...they traded down...and bypassed some very highly rated players who seemed capable of...as you say "lighting it up". Bosa, Elliot, others.

    And this year...to me they bypassed Trubisky who I think can light it up....in favor of a guy who I thought/think is not quite as good as Bosa. Though others here (and nationally) think that Garrett can light it up on the defense. We shall see.

    The thing though is that in the past when we thought the Browns got guys that could light it up on offense, they tanked miserably. Of course we are talking about the likes of Trent Richardson and Johnny Manziel.

    So...even if we get the guys we think can light it up....sometimes....like some firecrackers...they just turn out to be duds.

    V VikingDawg wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @the-gipper said:

    now, whether or not he is going to be great is not the issue. The issue is, anyone who knows anything realized that Trubisky was the best gamble for big turnout in the 2017 draft. The Browns simply don't bet on big payout players We take players that come with explanations about why this was really the better pick.

    I want the Browns to win. But how do you win without players who can light it up?

    There certainly does appear to be some element of truth to this. Last year when they had the #2 overall...they traded down...and bypassed some very highly rated players who seemed capable of...as you say "lighting it up". Bosa, Elliot, others.

    And this year...to me they bypassed Trubisky who I think can light it up....in favor of a guy who I thought/think is not quite as good as Bosa. Though others here (and nationally) think that Garrett can light it up on the defense. We shall see.

    The thing though is that in the past when we thought the Browns got guys that could light it up on offense, they tanked miserably. Of course we are talking about the likes of Trent Richardson and Johnny Manziel.

    So...even if we get the guys we think can light it up....sometimes....like some firecrackers...they just turn out to be duds.

    I think that is the problem with the fanbase, really. Fans are tired of being fed the 3rd or 4th best options and being told to be excited. The QB is the most vital position on a football team, and THE best way to energize a fanbase. I could care less if Wentz, or Trubisky or Watson or Lynch don't pan out. I just would for once like a front office with the balls to pull the goddamn trigger and grab the best prospect at the most important position. GO for it. If they don't work out you are no worse than these shit shows of 2nd and 3rd round projects.

    The worst part? Most of the other regimes simply weren't in a position to grab anything more than the runner ups runner up while these fucking idiots were gifted numerous top shelf prospects and simply decided to pass to prove how much smarter than the rest of the NFL they are. Yeah... Real brilliance....

  • @wargograw said:

    Yeah man, what gave it away? My vehement defense of the confederate flag?

    Just pulling your leg, man. Aren't you enjoy watching Calsnots get his panties caught in his snapper?

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @ghoolie said:

    Just pulling your leg, man. Aren't you enjoy watching Calsnots get his panties caught in his snapper?

    He's right about Mud's negativity.

    Mud's right about Cal's delusion.

    Opposite sides of the same coin really.

  • @the-gipper said:

    now, whether or not he is going to be great is not the issue. The issue is, anyone who knows anything realized that Trubisky was the best gamble for big turnout in the 2017 draft. The Browns simply don't bet on big payout players We take players that come with explanations about why this was really the better pick.

    I want the Browns to win. But how do you win without players who can light it up?

    There certainly does appear to be some element of truth to this. Last year when they had the #2 overall...they traded down...and bypassed some very highly rated players who seemed capable of...as you say "lighting it up". Bosa, Elliot, others.

    And this year...to me they bypassed Trubisky who I think can light it up....in favor of a guy who I thought/think is not quite as good as Bosa. Though others here (and nationally) think that Garrett can light it up on the defense. We shall see.

    The thing though is that in the past when we thought the Browns got guys that could light it up on offense, they tanked miserably. Of course we are talking about the likes of Trent Richardson and Johnny Manziel.

    So...even if we get the guys we think can light it up....sometimes....like some firecrackers...they just turn out to be duds.

    I think that is the problem with the fanbase, really. Fans are tired of being fed the 3rd or 4th best options and being told to be excited. The QB is the most vital position on a football team, and THE best way to energize a fanbase. I could care less if Wentz, or Trubisky or Watson or Lynch don't pan out. I just would for once like a front office with the balls to pull the goddamn trigger and grab the best prospect at the most important position. GO for it. If they don't work out you are no worse than these shit shows of 2nd and 3rd round projects.

    The worst part? Most of the other regimes simply weren't in a position to grab anything more than the runner ups runner up while these fucking idiots were gifted numerous top shelf prospects and simply decided to pass to prove how much smarter than the rest of the NFL they are. Yeah... Real brilliance....

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #83

    @vikingdawg said:

    I think that is the problem with the fanbase, really.

    There is NOTHING wrong with the fucking fan base.....Fan bases are there to do one thing: buy the shit the team sells, be it tickets, gear, whatthefuckever. All fan bases are the same. All this fan base needs is for the team management to bring a winner here.

    Fans are tired of being fed the 3rd or 4th best options and being told to be excited. The QB is the most vital position on a football team, and THE best way to energize a fanbase. I could care less if Wentz, or Trubisky or Watson or Lynch don't pan out. I just would for once like a front office with the balls to pull the goddamn trigger and grab the best prospect at the most important position. GO for it. If they don't work out you are no worse than these shit shows of 2nd and 3rd round projects.

    But, then again, who knows WHO is going to be the "best prospect"? The best QB that came out in 2014 was a second rounder. In 2012 it may have been a 3rd rounder (Wilson...vs. Luck...who has actually had the better of it?) In 2000 it was a 6th rounder. It seems that last year it was a 4th rounder (Prescott) In 2002 it was a 4th rounder (David Garrard). In 2001 it was a second rounder (Brees). So, you just don't know. Yes, the Browns will have to get very lucky to have their #52 overall QB become the best of this class....but it is not beyond the realm of possibility.

    The worst part? Most of the other regimes simply weren't in a position to grab anything more than the runner ups runner up while these fucking idiots were gifted numerous top shelf prospects and simply decided to pass to prove how much smarter than the rest of the NFL they are. Yeah... Real brilliance....

    But, yes, no doubt that it seems that they have continually passed up talent that eventually proved better for talent that proved....pure suckass at times.

    And you know....I suspect that some of that will happen this year as well.

  • I'll just say this.. The actions of this team , tells Me they do not believe building the franchise around the QB by building a solid QB room. They drafted and brought in so many lineman on both sides of the ball. I'm wondering which one of them us gonna be the QB and score points.. Because we have 0 QB and 0 at the WR position.. What a sad joke this franchise is.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @nickers said:

    I'll just say this.. The actions of this team , tells Me they do not believe building the franchise around the QB by building a solid QB room. They drafted and brought in so many lineman on both sides of the ball. I'm wondering which one of them us gonna be the QB and score points.. Because we have 0 QB and 0 at the WR position.. What a sad joke this franchise is.

    again, the squealers didn't do that, either. They had their team built, and got their raping to go qb.

  • @ghoolie said:

    Just pulling your leg, man. Aren't you enjoy watching Calsnots get his panties caught in his snapper?

    He's right about Mud's negativity.

    Mud's right about Cal's delusion.

    Opposite sides of the same coin really.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @wargograw said:

    He's right about Mud's negativity.

    Mud's right about Cal's delusion.

    Opposite sides of the same coin really.

    There is no delusion. LIke a few days ago, I went and had to replace the belt on our riding lawnmower.

    Did that, and it was too loose. Took it into the shop, and he explained those mowers have to have

    the original maker belt - specially sized.

    dammit. So, he put one on for me, I'm good. It quit turning the blades and cutting grass after about 5 minutes.

    I look at it, and it was loose again. So, it seems that the idle arm bracket wasn't back far enough, I torque on it

    by hand, and it broke off. In two pieces.

    dammit. So, I ordered a new plate through the local hardware store, and picked it up. Went to install it, and the

    stupid holes were not threaded, where they most certainly have to be threaded.

    dammit. So, I go back, and the guy went and tapped em for me, and I'm good, no charge. I go back home,

    and spend 45 minutes trying to get the big bolt/nut out so I can take off the other half of the flimsy bracket.

    The bottom of the bolt, that goes through the mower deck, was banged up over the years with rocks, etc,

    and wet grass and rust. So, I finally got tired of stripping the corners of the nut off, and took a chisel and a hammer to it,

    and go to install it, and I realize that the bolt is way too small. The old plate had a bronze bushing to size it for the bolt.

    Tried to pound the bushing out, it was solid. So, I go back to the hardware guy, he couldn't get it out either.

    So, I went back and bought new bushings that fit the outside diameter, but had to buy a 1/2 bolt and nut and toss out the

    old 3/8' bolt. I go back home, and realize that the hole through the mower deck wasn't big enough for the new bolt.

    dammit. So, I search and find the perfect drill bit, and drill the stupid hole out. Got the plate installed, big spring attached, etc...

    hooked the belt back up and yard tested it. Worked perfectly.

    Two days of trying to fix the old )_(&)(*&^ riding mower.

    So, it was not delusion that caused me to happily persevere and know I was going to get it fixed eventually.

    It was trust, and the agonizing fun of finally getting there and winning .

    So, pardone moi, but I never give up. Never freaking ever. I don't/won't/ain't never gonna give up for anything.

    So it is, that I do the same on the Browns. Mower sucks, taken apart, problems/aggravation,almost broke my hand

    a few times, and had cursies? yep.

    But I don't give up, I might bitch just a tad, but I work it out, figure it out, and I will win eventually.

    The Browns are exactly like that. We hang in there, and the Browns will build it right eventually,

    and we will WIN !

    What frreaking sense does it make to whine, complain, cry, moan, lament and criticize everthing that moves,

    when your lawnmower needs fixed?

    Just get positive attitude going, laugh it off, and keep workin at it. Never....NEVER give up.

    There ain't no freaking "delusion" confusion, here. Just whinsies.

    Free country - but giving up doesn't get the mower fixed.

    dammit. (LOL)

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #86

    Lots of "dammits" in that post Cal......I surely havent given up, thats why Im still here.....fighting for my team.....

    Just consider my posts to be all those "dammits" you just talked about......😉

    When I go away and stop yakking.....thats when you can say I gave up.....

    married at 18.....started my business in my 20's.......developed 50 acres single handedly(in my spare time).....lived an entire lifetime of self made income......never a drop of help from anybody.....aint no quit in me.....Only thing I ever quit, was my early retirement....

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #87

    okay,, you are in great shape then ! We got my Father-in-law to the airport, he's back in TExas,

    I finished the 9 acre field, going to plant more cow hay, and a bag of sunflowers...in the morning, dentist

    tomorrow afternoon, then put up fence around part of the garden and plant some lettuce, etc...

    I've planted about 800 tomato plants, and other stuff in the garden. Stupid rain, not ready for it yet....

    Never quit.

  • @wargograw said:

    He's right about Mud's negativity.

    Mud's right about Cal's delusion.

    Opposite sides of the same coin really.

    There is no delusion. LIke a few days ago, I went and had to replace the belt on our riding lawnmower.

    Did that, and it was too loose. Took it into the shop, and he explained those mowers have to have

    the original maker belt - specially sized.

    dammit. So, he put one on for me, I'm good. It quit turning the blades and cutting grass after about 5 minutes.

    I look at it, and it was loose again. So, it seems that the idle arm bracket wasn't back far enough, I torque on it

    by hand, and it broke off. In two pieces.

    dammit. So, I ordered a new plate through the local hardware store, and picked it up. Went to install it, and the

    stupid holes were not threaded, where they most certainly have to be threaded.

    dammit. So, I go back, and the guy went and tapped em for me, and I'm good, no charge. I go back home,

    and spend 45 minutes trying to get the big bolt/nut out so I can take off the other half of the flimsy bracket.

    The bottom of the bolt, that goes through the mower deck, was banged up over the years with rocks, etc,

    and wet grass and rust. So, I finally got tired of stripping the corners of the nut off, and took a chisel and a hammer to it,

    and go to install it, and I realize that the bolt is way too small. The old plate had a bronze bushing to size it for the bolt.

    Tried to pound the bushing out, it was solid. So, I go back to the hardware guy, he couldn't get it out either.

    So, I went back and bought new bushings that fit the outside diameter, but had to buy a 1/2 bolt and nut and toss out the

    old 3/8' bolt. I go back home, and realize that the hole through the mower deck wasn't big enough for the new bolt.

    dammit. So, I search and find the perfect drill bit, and drill the stupid hole out. Got the plate installed, big spring attached, etc...

    hooked the belt back up and yard tested it. Worked perfectly.

    Two days of trying to fix the old )_(&)(*&^ riding mower.

    So, it was not delusion that caused me to happily persevere and know I was going to get it fixed eventually.

    It was trust, and the agonizing fun of finally getting there and winning .

    So, pardone moi, but I never give up. Never freaking ever. I don't/won't/ain't never gonna give up for anything.

    So it is, that I do the same on the Browns. Mower sucks, taken apart, problems/aggravation,almost broke my hand

    a few times, and had cursies? yep.

    But I don't give up, I might bitch just a tad, but I work it out, figure it out, and I will win eventually.

    The Browns are exactly like that. We hang in there, and the Browns will build it right eventually,

    and we will WIN !

    What frreaking sense does it make to whine, complain, cry, moan, lament and criticize everthing that moves,

    when your lawnmower needs fixed?

    Just get positive attitude going, laugh it off, and keep workin at it. Never....NEVER give up.

    There ain't no freaking "delusion" confusion, here. Just whinsies.

    Free country - but giving up doesn't get the mower fixed.

    dammit. (LOL)

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @calfoxwc said:

    There is no delusion. LIke a few days ago, I went and had to replace the belt on our riding lawnmower.

    Did that, and it was too loose. Took it into the shop, and he explained those mowers have to have

    the original maker belt - specially sized.

    dammit. So, he put one on for me, I'm good. It quit turning the blades and cutting grass after about 5 minutes.

    I look at it, and it was loose again. So, it seems that the idle arm bracket wasn't back far enough, I torque on it

    by hand, and it broke off. In two pieces.

    dammit. So, I ordered a new plate through the local hardware store, and picked it up. Went to install it, and the

    stupid holes were not threaded, where they most certainly have to be threaded.

    dammit. So, I go back, and the guy went and tapped em for me, and I'm good, no charge. I go back home,

    and spend 45 minutes trying to get the big bolt/nut out so I can take off the other half of the flimsy bracket.

    The bottom of the bolt, that goes through the mower deck, was banged up over the years with rocks, etc,

    and wet grass and rust. So, I finally got tired of stripping the corners of the nut off, and took a chisel and a hammer to it,

    and go to install it, and I realize that the bolt is way too small. The old plate had a bronze bushing to size it for the bolt.

    Tried to pound the bushing out, it was solid. So, I go back to the hardware guy, he couldn't get it out either.

    So, I went back and bought new bushings that fit the outside diameter, but had to buy a 1/2 bolt and nut and toss out the

    old 3/8' bolt. I go back home, and realize that the hole through the mower deck wasn't big enough for the new bolt.

    dammit. So, I search and find the perfect drill bit, and drill the stupid hole out. Got the plate installed, big spring attached, etc...

    hooked the belt back up and yard tested it. Worked perfectly.

    Two days of trying to fix the old )_(&)(*&^ riding mower.

    So, it was not delusion that caused me to happily persevere and know I was going to get it fixed eventually.

    It was trust, and the agonizing fun of finally getting there and winning .

    So, pardone moi, but I never give up. Never freaking ever. I don't/won't/ain't never gonna give up for anything.

    So it is, that I do the same on the Browns. Mower sucks, taken apart, problems/aggravation,almost broke my hand

    a few times, and had cursies? yep.

    But I don't give up, I might bitch just a tad, but I work it out, figure it out, and I will win eventually.

    The Browns are exactly like that. We hang in there, and the Browns will build it right eventually,

    and we will WIN !

    What frreaking sense does it make to whine, complain, cry, moan, lament and criticize everthing that moves,

    when your lawnmower needs fixed?

    Just get positive attitude going, laugh it off, and keep workin at it. Never....NEVER give up.

    There ain't no freaking "delusion" confusion, here. Just whinsies.

    Free country - but giving up doesn't get the mower fixed.

    dammit. (LOL)

    I said you were right about the negativity....

    But Mud's got you in the corner on all the stuff about character. Just admit you were wrong about that.

  • now, whether or not he is going to be great is not the issue. The issue is, anyone who knows anything realized that Trubisky was the best gamble for big turnout in the 2017 draft. The Browns simply don't bet on big payout players We take players that come with explanations about why this was really the better pick.



    I want the Browns to win. But how do you win without players who can light it up?



    There certainly does appear to be some element of truth to this. Last year when they had the #2 overall...they traded down...and bypassed some very highly rated players who seemed capable of...as you say "lighting it up". Bosa, Elliot, others.

    And this year...to me they bypassed Trubisky who I think can light it up....in favor of a guy who I thought/think is not quite as good as Bosa. Though others here (and nationally) think that Garrett can light it up on the defense. We shall see.

    The thing though is that in the past when we thought the Browns got guys that could light it up on offense, they tanked miserably. Of course we are talking about the likes of Trent Richardson and Johnny Manziel.

    So...even if we get the guys we think can light it up....sometimes....like some firecrackers...they just turn out to be duds.

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @the-gipper said:

    now, whether or not he is going to be great is not the issue. The issue is, anyone who knows anything realized that Trubisky was the best gamble for big turnout in the 2017 draft. The Browns simply don't bet on big payout players We take players that come with explanations about why this was really the better pick.

    I want the Browns to win. But how do you win without players who can light it up?

    There certainly does appear to be some element of truth to this. Last year when they had the #2 overall...they traded down...and bypassed some very highly rated players who seemed capable of...as you say "lighting it up". Bosa, Elliot, others.
    And this year...to me they bypassed Trubisky who I think can light it up....in favor of a guy who I thought/think is not quite as good as Bosa. Though others here (and nationally) think that Garrett can light it up on the defense. We shall see.
    The thing though is that in the past when we thought the Browns got guys that could light it up on offense, they tanked miserably. Of course we are talking about the likes of Trent Richardson and Johnny Manziel.
    So...even if we get the guys we think can light it up....sometimes....like some firecrackers...they just turn out to be duds.

    Point of Parliamentary Procedure............... I am not saying we don't take guys WE think can light it up.......... I am saying we don't take the guys EVERYONE ELSE think can light it up. Jim Brown called Trent Richardson very average....before the guy ever signed his contract. Nobody in the NFL thought Manziel wa going to light it up. Had the Browns not taken him, he would have fallen far into the second or even third round. Same thing with Brady Quinn. Nobody wanted him. The Browns continue to take the second and third teir guys..........using ass fuck fans, like FLugel who will spew out all kinds of meaningless statistics to maintain that we DO take top prospect.

    As another poster posted to this response of yours....to paraphrase, it doesn't make a difference if Wentz, Trubisky, or Lynch pan put.........that isn't the lesson.................... the point is...............these kinds of guys are desirable and get snapped up when teams like the Browns pass and leave the path open. The Trubisky pass will haunt this franchise for many years to come.

    SI today rated team QBs and the Browns are at 27. The author said Kizer Shone is not very talented. He went way, way too high............but now, fans will pimp him into something he simply will never become. We draft shit, and because he is black, god forbid someone like me calls him a piece of shit draft pick. But he is. Coleman too.

    Regarding Bosa versus Garrett? LMAO, this is comparing caviar to fish shit. Nobody EVER shut Bosa down in college. Alabama's LT made Garrett look like Courtney Brown. Bosa is intelligent and can bull rush. Garrett is too lanky and one dimensional. And again, if an edge rusher was on the radar, passing on an Ohio boy for a fucking goober Cowboy wannabe?

    The Browns are cheap. They don't ant to pay for playmakers. They believe that Depudfucker

    is going to get us HOF diamonds in the ruff for bargain prices. We shy away from the best players and we continue to draft busts.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #90

    But Mud's got you in the corner on all the stuff about character. Just admit you were wrong about that. Warply

    ****************************************************************************

    Actually, you're wrong. Because he brought up Coleman? It isn't all or nothing - it's tough enough to draft

    guys who step in and work out without adding laziness, dope use in the past (like gordon, jm's drinking...) and

    ignore red flags, including guys who don't love the game. Coleman isn't arrested for the actions of his brother...

    come on. Crap happens. Coleman never had a broken bone in college... gets a fracture in the NFL.

    For instance:

    http://brownswire.usatoday.com/2017/06/26/browns-wr-coach-al-saunders-still-upbeat-on-corey-coleman/

    And questioning what I said about fixing the Browns' offensive line. Seriously? According to pro football focus...

    the Browns now have the #2 offensive line in football.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/06/browns_offensive_line_is_one_o.html

    that's pretty freaking FIXED to me...the same place had the Browns' offensive line as 21st last year.....

    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/browns-offensive-line-ranked-21st-234125526.html

    Even the wr group, which is obviously a question... may very well surprise, I don't know...

    but all the the wailing and bashing about Louis is misplaced maybe:

    https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-see-improvement-2016-fourth-065351189.html

    I've HOPED and looked forward to improvement... before. Like, most years. But this year,

    after the past two drafts etc.... I see a dramatic turnaround in the talent level, the coaching (especially

    adding Williams to the defense - he's wildly popular with the players), the FO...

    I just refuse to attribute the past miserable years to the current Browns coaches and fo and players. No delusion,

    but watching the whole picture develop...I'm pretty excited to look forward to this season.

  • V VikingDawg wrote on last edited by
    #91

    Wait, what? Someone is actually trying to debate character in regards to Hue "Straight outa Compton" Jackasses roster? The entire fucking squad is full of lazy low character red flagged motherfuckers. Josh "We can't afford to part with him" Gordon, lazy crybaby Asswhiper, Corinna Colewoman, Miley "pillow soft" Garrett, Jabrill Purple Drank4:20, the woman beater they drafted, Art "Rape is okay" Briles, scumbag Gregg Williams ect....

    If there is one thing Jackasses Browns lack, besides talent is character.

  • But Mud's got you in the corner on all the stuff about character. Just admit you were wrong about that. Warply

    ****************************************************************************

    Actually, you're wrong. Because he brought up Coleman? It isn't all or nothing - it's tough enough to draft

    guys who step in and work out without adding laziness, dope use in the past (like gordon, jm's drinking...) and

    ignore red flags, including guys who don't love the game. Coleman isn't arrested for the actions of his brother...

    come on. Crap happens. Coleman never had a broken bone in college... gets a fracture in the NFL.

    For instance:

    http://brownswire.usatoday.com/2017/06/26/browns-wr-coach-al-saunders-still-upbeat-on-corey-coleman/

    And questioning what I said about fixing the Browns' offensive line. Seriously? According to pro football focus...

    the Browns now have the #2 offensive line in football.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/06/browns_offensive_line_is_one_o.html

    that's pretty freaking FIXED to me...the same place had the Browns' offensive line as 21st last year.....

    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/browns-offensive-line-ranked-21st-234125526.html

    Even the wr group, which is obviously a question... may very well surprise, I don't know...

    but all the the wailing and bashing about Louis is misplaced maybe:

    https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-see-improvement-2016-fourth-065351189.html

    I've HOPED and looked forward to improvement... before. Like, most years. But this year,

    after the past two drafts etc.... I see a dramatic turnaround in the talent level, the coaching (especially

    adding Williams to the defense - he's wildly popular with the players), the FO...

    I just refuse to attribute the past miserable years to the current Browns coaches and fo and players. No delusion,

    but watching the whole picture develop...I'm pretty excited to look forward to this season.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #92

    @calfoxwc said:

    But Mud's got you in the corner on all the stuff about character. Just admit you were wrong about that. Warply

    ****************************************************************************

    Actually, you're wrong. Because he brought up Coleman? It isn't all or nothing - it's tough enough to draft

    guys who step in and work out without adding laziness, dope use in the past (like gordon, jm's drinking...) and

    ignore red flags, including guys who don't love the game. Coleman isn't arrested for the actions of his brother...

    come on. Crap happens. Coleman never had a broken bone in college... gets a fracture in the NFL.

    For instance:

    http://brownswire.usatoday.com/2017/06/26/browns-wr-coach-al-saunders-still-upbeat-on-corey-coleman/

    And questioning what I said about fixing the Browns' offensive line. Seriously? According to pro football focus...

    the Browns now have the #2 offensive line in football.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/06/browns_offensive_line_is_one_o.html

    that's pretty freaking FIXED to me...the same place had the Browns' offensive line as 21st last year.....

    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/browns-offensive-line-ranked-21st-234125526.html

    Even the wr group, which is obviously a question... may very well surprise, I don't know...

    but all the the wailing and bashing about Louis is misplaced maybe:

    https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-see-improvement-2016-fourth-065351189.html

    I've HOPED and looked forward to improvement... before. Like, most years. But this year,

    after the past two drafts etc.... I see a dramatic turnaround in the talent level, the coaching (especially

    adding Williams to the defense - he's wildly popular with the players), the FO...

    I just refuse to attribute the past miserable years to the current Browns coaches and fo and players. No delusion,

    but watching the whole picture develop...I'm pretty excited to look forward to this season.

    I didn't say anything about the OL or receivers. But this FO has not shied away from taking problem kids. That's a fact at this point.

  • Lots of "dammits" in that post Cal......I surely havent given up, thats why Im still here.....fighting for my team.....

    Just consider my posts to be all those "dammits" you just talked about......😉

    When I go away and stop yakking.....thats when you can say I gave up.....

    married at 18.....started my business in my 20's.......developed 50 acres single handedly(in my spare time).....lived an entire lifetime of self made income......never a drop of help from anybody.....aint no quit in me.....Only thing I ever quit, was my early retirement....

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @mudfly said:

    Only thing I ever quit, was my early retirement....

    When you finally need help with that just come see Uncle Billy in Texas. 😉

  • @the-gipper said:

    now, whether or not he is going to be great is not the issue. The issue is, anyone who knows anything realized that Trubisky was the best gamble for big turnout in the 2017 draft. The Browns simply don't bet on big payout players We take players that come with explanations about why this was really the better pick.

    I want the Browns to win. But how do you win without players who can light it up?

    There certainly does appear to be some element of truth to this. Last year when they had the #2 overall...they traded down...and bypassed some very highly rated players who seemed capable of...as you say "lighting it up". Bosa, Elliot, others.
    And this year...to me they bypassed Trubisky who I think can light it up....in favor of a guy who I thought/think is not quite as good as Bosa. Though others here (and nationally) think that Garrett can light it up on the defense. We shall see.
    The thing though is that in the past when we thought the Browns got guys that could light it up on offense, they tanked miserably. Of course we are talking about the likes of Trent Richardson and Johnny Manziel.
    So...even if we get the guys we think can light it up....sometimes....like some firecrackers...they just turn out to be duds.

    Point of Parliamentary Procedure............... I am not saying we don't take guys WE think can light it up.......... I am saying we don't take the guys EVERYONE ELSE think can light it up. Jim Brown called Trent Richardson very average....before the guy ever signed his contract. Nobody in the NFL thought Manziel wa going to light it up. Had the Browns not taken him, he would have fallen far into the second or even third round. Same thing with Brady Quinn. Nobody wanted him. The Browns continue to take the second and third teir guys..........using ass fuck fans, like FLugel who will spew out all kinds of meaningless statistics to maintain that we DO take top prospect.

    As another poster posted to this response of yours....to paraphrase, it doesn't make a difference if Wentz, Trubisky, or Lynch pan put.........that isn't the lesson.................... the point is...............these kinds of guys are desirable and get snapped up when teams like the Browns pass and leave the path open. The Trubisky pass will haunt this franchise for many years to come.

    SI today rated team QBs and the Browns are at 27. The author said Kizer Shone is not very talented. He went way, way too high............but now, fans will pimp him into something he simply will never become. We draft shit, and because he is black, god forbid someone like me calls him a piece of shit draft pick. But he is. Coleman too.

    Regarding Bosa versus Garrett? LMAO, this is comparing caviar to fish shit. Nobody EVER shut Bosa down in college. Alabama's LT made Garrett look like Courtney Brown. Bosa is intelligent and can bull rush. Garrett is too lanky and one dimensional. And again, if an edge rusher was on the radar, passing on an Ohio boy for a fucking goober Cowboy wannabe?

    The Browns are cheap. They don't ant to pay for playmakers. They believe that Depudfucker

    is going to get us HOF diamonds in the ruff for bargain prices. We shy away from the best players and we continue to draft busts.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #94

    @ghoolie said:

    Point of Parliamentary Procedure............... I am not saying we don't take guys WE think can light it up.......... I am saying we don't take the guys EVERYONE ELSE think can light it up. Jim Brown called Trent Richardson very average....before the guy ever signed his contract. Nobody in the NFL thought Manziel wa going to light it up. Had the Browns not taken him, he would have fallen far into the second or even third round. Same thing with Brady Quinn. Nobody wanted him. The Browns continue to take the second and third teir guys..........using ass fuck fans, like FLugel who will spew out all kinds of meaningless statistics to maintain that we DO take top prospect.

    Well...I think you are wrong about this. In all the instances you cite, these players may have fallen only a very few picks. They WERE all highly rated by everyone...its just that they did not work out. TR was rated a top 5-10 player (nothwithstanding JB's correct opinion of him). JFF was slated for the first round...as was Quinn. (On draft day Quinn was one of these guys that the commentators were saying "why is he dropping so far".....a lot of people had him as a possible Top 10 draft pick) They all were duds...but they were all drafted about where they were expected to go...or even lower. That was not the issue. It is how badly they sucked once they got here that is the issue.

    As another poster posted to this response of yours....to paraphrase, it doesn't make a difference if Wentz, Trubisky, or Lynch pan put.........that isn't the lesson.................... the point is...............these kinds of guys are desirable and get snapped up when teams like the Browns pass and leave the path open. The Trubisky pass will haunt this franchise for many years to come.

    Probably not. Unlike say, passing on BR....MT did not go to a division rival...or even a conference rival. It may be that MT turns out great...and there may be some regret on the part of Browns fan....but a guy that the Browns can see only once every 4 years cannot "haunt" them. Its not like he went to the Bengals/Ravens/Steelers.

    SI today rated team QBs and the Browns are at 27. The author said Kizer Shone is not very talented. He went way, way too high............but now, fans will pimp him into something he simply will never become. We draft shit, and because he is black, god forbid someone like me calls him a piece of shit draft pick. But he is. Coleman too.

    27 seems right...give no proven player on this team. Hell....it may seem high actually. But....no final judgment can be made until these guys get a career going for them. Maybe someone will surprise.

    Regarding Bosa versus Garrett? LMAO, this is comparing caviar to fish shit. Nobody EVER shut Bosa down in college. Alabama's LT made Garrett look like Courtney Brown. Bosa is intelligent and can bull rush. Garrett is too lanky and one dimensional. And again, if an edge rusher was on the radar, passing on an Ohio boy for a fucking goober Cowboy wannabe?

    Actually....Bosa is from Florida...he just played at Ohio St. But, I here you....we shall see. Being "lanky" may not, however, be a detriment to being a great pass rusher. Many great pass rushers were lanky. Ted Hendricks, Jason Taylor and many others.

    One dimensional? Maybe...at this point. To be successful, yes, he must learn additional techniques. Will he work out? Yes, IMO..it is questionable.

    The Browns are cheap. They don't ant to pay for playmakers. They believe that Depudfucker

    is going to get us HOF diamonds in the ruff for bargain prices. We shy away from the best players and we continue to draft busts.

    Again....remains to be seen. This FO group has only made 2 drafts....it remains to be seen if they have drafted busts or not.

    Again...you think you know stuff...but you may actually know shit. You may be right....but that would only be because you throw so much shit onto the ceiling that some of it is bound to stick.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    But Mud's got you in the corner on all the stuff about character. Just admit you were wrong about that. Warply

    ****************************************************************************

    Actually, you're wrong. Because he brought up Coleman? It isn't all or nothing - it's tough enough to draft

    guys who step in and work out without adding laziness, dope use in the past (like gordon, jm's drinking...) and

    ignore red flags, including guys who don't love the game. Coleman isn't arrested for the actions of his brother...

    come on. Crap happens. Coleman never had a broken bone in college... gets a fracture in the NFL.

    For instance:

    http://brownswire.usatoday.com/2017/06/26/browns-wr-coach-al-saunders-still-upbeat-on-corey-coleman/

    And questioning what I said about fixing the Browns' offensive line. Seriously? According to pro football focus...

    the Browns now have the #2 offensive line in football.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/06/browns_offensive_line_is_one_o.html

    that's pretty freaking FIXED to me...the same place had the Browns' offensive line as 21st last year.....

    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/browns-offensive-line-ranked-21st-234125526.html

    Even the wr group, which is obviously a question... may very well surprise, I don't know...

    but all the the wailing and bashing about Louis is misplaced maybe:

    https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-see-improvement-2016-fourth-065351189.html

    I've HOPED and looked forward to improvement... before. Like, most years. But this year,

    after the past two drafts etc.... I see a dramatic turnaround in the talent level, the coaching (especially

    adding Williams to the defense - he's wildly popular with the players), the FO...

    I just refuse to attribute the past miserable years to the current Browns coaches and fo and players. No delusion,

    but watching the whole picture develop...I'm pretty excited to look forward to this season.

    I didn't say anything about the OL or receivers. But this FO has not shied away from taking problem kids. That's a fact at this point.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @wargograw said:

    I didn't say anything about the OL or receivers. But this FO has not shied away from taking problem kids. That's a fact at this point.

    WRONG. Looks to me like they "shied away" from taking problem kids except twice, coleman was not a problem kid.

    Looks to me like they SHIED AWAY until the 5th and 6th rounds, and they took a chance on a kid.

    And this is a lot of picks.

    2916 NFL Browns Draft picks

    Let's mark the "problem kids" the first two drafts of this FO

    1st Round ($1)Myles Garrett, Defensive End, Texas A&M

    1st Round (#15): WR Corey Coleman *** I don't think so - wasn't a problem before the draft...

    2nd Round (#32): DE Emmanuel Ogbah

    3rd Round (#65): DE Carl Nassib

    3rd Round (#76): OT Shon Coleman

    3rd Round (#93): QB Cody Kessler

    4th Round (#99): LB Joe Schobert

    4th Round (#114): WR Ricardo Louis

    4th Round (#129): S Derrick Kindred

    4th Round (#138): TE Seth DeValve

    5th Round (#154): WR Jordan Payton *** Problem kid

    5th Round (#168): OT Spencer Drango

    5th Round (#172): WR Rashard Higgins

    5th Round (#173): CB Trey Caldwell

    7th Round (#250): ILB Scooby Wright III

    2017

    Round 1

    Pick 1: Myles Garrett

    Pick 2: Jabrill Peppers

    Pick 3: David Njoku

    Pick 4: DeShone Kizer

    Pick 5: Larry Ogunjobi

    Pick 6: Howard Wilson

    Pick 7: Roderick Johnson

    Pick 8: Caleb Brantley ***Problem Kid

    Pick 9: Zane Gonzalez

    Pick 10: Matthew Dayes

  • @wargograw said:

    I didn't say anything about the OL or receivers. But this FO has not shied away from taking problem kids. That's a fact at this point.

    WRONG. Looks to me like they "shied away" from taking problem kids except twice, coleman was not a problem kid.

    Looks to me like they SHIED AWAY until the 5th and 6th rounds, and they took a chance on a kid.

    And this is a lot of picks.

    2916 NFL Browns Draft picks

    Let's mark the "problem kids" the first two drafts of this FO

    1st Round ($1)Myles Garrett, Defensive End, Texas A&M

    1st Round (#15): WR Corey Coleman *** I don't think so - wasn't a problem before the draft...

    2nd Round (#32): DE Emmanuel Ogbah

    3rd Round (#65): DE Carl Nassib

    3rd Round (#76): OT Shon Coleman

    3rd Round (#93): QB Cody Kessler

    4th Round (#99): LB Joe Schobert

    4th Round (#114): WR Ricardo Louis

    4th Round (#129): S Derrick Kindred

    4th Round (#138): TE Seth DeValve

    5th Round (#154): WR Jordan Payton *** Problem kid

    5th Round (#168): OT Spencer Drango

    5th Round (#172): WR Rashard Higgins

    5th Round (#173): CB Trey Caldwell

    7th Round (#250): ILB Scooby Wright III

    2017

    Round 1

    Pick 1: Myles Garrett

    Pick 2: Jabrill Peppers

    Pick 3: David Njoku

    Pick 4: DeShone Kizer

    Pick 5: Larry Ogunjobi

    Pick 6: Howard Wilson

    Pick 7: Roderick Johnson

    Pick 8: Caleb Brantley ***Problem Kid

    Pick 9: Zane Gonzalez

    Pick 10: Matthew Dayes

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #96

    @calfoxwc said:

    WRONG. Looks to me like they "shied away" from taking problem kids except twice, coleman was not a problem kid.

    Looks to me like they SHIED AWAY until the 5th and 6th rounds, and they took a chance on a kid.

    And this is a lot of picks.

    Every team "shies away" from problems Cal......so you're admitting to 2 in 2 drafts(that were known prior to picking them).....mysteriously leaving out Peppers failed drug test at the combine.....none the less, please tell me about "all" the problem kids(before the draft) that we picked previously...because I come up with Gordon in 2012 and Johnny in 2014....

    So...2 in 4 drafts....compared to "your" 2 in 2 drafts?.......

    Ill add....I really dont have major issues with rolling the dice on a talented player, even if he smokes weed or has a few skeletons in his closet......my issue is the constant denial that we've stopped doing that, as if we only draft uber high character, faultless athletes now.....the denial part is what I find silly...

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #97

    failed due to overhydration isn't a character flaw - a dumb technicality. We are talking about THIS FRONT OFFICE.

    Not the past. And taking a chance on risk red flag players from college... 5th or 6th round, I have no problem with that.

    It's the taking of a Josh Gordon in the second round.

    and taking jm and gilbert in the first.

    Gordon and Johnny were not this front office and coaching staff have only been here two years.

    that is the freaking point.

    Before the last two years, give it a freaking rest already. The startover was two drafts ago. I listed all those picks,

    and you keep dragging previous historically bad picks and trying to slam our current FO and coaches with it.

    That's just rationalizing the "poor, poor pitiful me" sad victim stuff. The last two years, look at the picks that

    matter. Every single team in the NFL has this problem. Some teams don't pay attention to character at all.

    and they get burnt by it immensely.

    You are still drafting human beings - and nobody is perfect. But this FO and coaches would NEVER have drafted

    jm and gilbert and gordon...etc. You don't take stupid chances in the first three or four rounds when you need them

    to make a difference in your football team.

    Drafting only for athletic talent is stupid. Jeremiah Pharms...jm gordon gilbert etc etc etc

    they showed what they were in college. and the Browns ignored it because their numbers were terrific at the combine.

    NO MORE. That is a huge, huge improvement on how they select players now, that's all.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #98

    You realize that you're the one saying "this FO is different bc they don't draft problem kids." Therefore the onus is on you to point it out.

    You can't just carve out an arbitrary exception like "well they don't do it in the first 4 rounds."