Garrett suffers injury according to mary Kay
-
@ghoolie said:
Good grief.
Dude.......................the facts re thet the kid has had two left foot injuries and he is out of shape. This pretty much tells you we have troubled times ahead with this guy.
Tom, remains to be seen if he's "injury prone". I'll let you stick that tag on him with one more that keeps him out of "real" games come September. OK, it's the same leg- I had to check that out. FWIW, those two injuries are unrelated. The high ankle sprain he had at A&M is nowhere near that lateral ligament in his foot.
-
Well all the speculation in the world means nothing. I think this is certainly something worth worrying about But if hes 100% by training camp we can all eat our concerns.
If not this is a potentially devastating blow to the organization. At the very least someone high above our pay grade didn't do his homework.
WSS
-
@ghoolie said:
Good grief.
Dude.......................the facts re thet the kid has had two left foot injuries and he is out of shape. This pretty much tells you we have troubled times ahead with this guy.
Outta shape...oh good good you are gold!
You look like pear dude...how long's it been since you've seen your dick?
-
As it stands right now, it appears as if Garrett and the Browns received a tremendous present before training camp. Foot injuries can often take months to heal, and similar to the hand, feet have multiple little bones that can easily break when giant men are running around next to other giant men. The biggest difference between the hands and feet are that feet obviously carry the immense bulk of these players, and structural issues to longer to heal because you have to keep weight off of the injury in some cases.
The biggest problem with something like this is that it can linger. If it's a soft tissue injury, which is sounds like it is, it can take forever to completely heal. Garrett will be pressing to get back into the mix, and the likelihood of the injury being 100% healed is doubtful due to the rigors of camp. However, Garrett is young, and young people tend to recover quickly. It's not a break, and it doesn't require surgery, so I think we should be happy. It'd be a tremendous blow to our team and our team's mental makeup if Garrett suffered a serious injury.
Another problem this injury causes is Garrett will likely be out of shape for the start of training camp, and I read reports that he was winded before getting hurt. He'll have to work hard to get his wind back and his stamina to a place our coaches are happy with. However, this is all stuff that he can work on once he feels better, and the fact that he doesn't need surgery makes me so happy. I was literally waiting for the "Lisfranc injury update" to pop onto my phone. He's going to be alright guys.
My medical curiosity was piqued, and I did some research on exactly what a "lateral foot sprain" is. Couldn't find anything for a foot injury with that specific name. Plenty of mid-foot injury literature though. I'll assume that's what he has. This image is the closest I could come to- it's the ligament on the outside of your foot. Since they put him in a boot, it's probably a Grade 2 tear, with some ligament damage. A Grade 3 would have meant surgery. Since he wasn't on crutches- he was allowed some weight bearing on that foot- which is a good sign. 4-6 weeks sounds about right. But he will be set back when camp starts, because I doubt he's going to be able to do much running beforehand, and certainly not any explosive speed work pushing off on that foot.

My medical curiosity was piqued, and I did some research on exactly what a "lateral foot sprain" is. Couldn't find anything for a foot injury with that specific name. Plenty of mid-foot injury literature though. I'll assume that's what he has. This image is the closest I could come to- it's the ligament on the outside of your foot. Since they put him in a boot, it's probably a Grade 2 tear, with some ligament damage. A Grade 3 would have meant surgery. Since he wasn't on crutches- he was allowed some weight bearing on that foot- which is a good sign. 4-6 weeks sounds about right. But he will be set back when camp starts, because I doubt he's going to be able to do much running beforehand, and certainly not any explosive speed work pushing off on that foot.

That's good stuff, Hoorta. I'd say you're pretty spot on with it being a grade 2, and there's also the possibility it's less than that. Keep in mind this is a very young man in the peak of physical fitness, so I don't anticipate it being a lengthy recovery time. Don't be shocked to read "Garrett running full speed" in just a couple of weeks. It sounds like he stepped on somebody's foot, and those things happens. The great news is there isn't a break, and he's likely to be back for training camp. We've all heard time and time again how important training camp is for rookies, so even if he's a partial attendant at the beginning, he'll be getting the information he needs. I really don't think this is a big deal, and I'll proceed as such until proven otherwise.
Like we've said, the biggest issue with Garrett's injury will be his lack of cardiovascular training, but again, this guy is young and that's going to come back very quickly (assuming he STAYS healthy). In my twisted mind, he'll be running full speed in a month, tops. Four weeks of rest and therapy on a young man in that kind of shape is a very long time. Heck, even if he takes the entire 6 weeks to recover, it's no big deal. At this time, I can't help but think this is great news. Obviously NOT that he sustained an injury, but the fact that he didn't require surgery. Can you just IMAGINE what would happen if we lost our #1 pick for the season in June? The snowball effect on our team would be devastating. Realizing that, I am officially stoked and can breathe a great sigh of relief.
-
@ghoolie said:
Good grief.
Dude.......................the facts re thet the kid has had two left foot injuries and he is out of shape. This pretty much tells you we have troubled times ahead with this guy.
Outta shape...oh good good you are gold!
You look like pear dude...how long's it been since you've seen your dick?
-
@ghoolie said:
Good grief.
Dude.......................the facts re thet the kid has had two left foot injuries and he is out of shape. This pretty much tells you we have troubled times ahead with this guy.
Outta shape...oh good good you are gold!
You look like pear dude...how long's it been since you've seen your dick?
-
@ghoolie said:
I saw part of it in your mother's cunt.
Which part?
-
@ghoolie said:
At this point in time, the buzz around the NFL is that Garrett is fragile. The Browns fucked up not taking Trubisky, but they really fucked up taking this turkey. COuld have had Bosa if an edge rushe is what they wanted. Bosa is a far, far more talented player than this Cowboy wannabe.
OK....but that is spilt milk. We don't have a Hot Tub Time Machine to go back and change things...in either instance. So lets just see if the Browns can make the most of it.
-
Lets be clear...the board isnt dead because it's the off season.....the board is dead because the Browns suck rocks and barely anyone thinks this year will be any different....no excitement...no buzz......just silence.....
Look.....if the Browns were on the verge of anything(other than a 3-12 season) then people would be lined up talking about the great acquisitions and draft picks and how this team is about to explode....but, in truth, that group has about 7 people in it....
yeah, they'll be a little better this year....but, when you're 1-15, a little better means nothing......and ANYBODY could improve over 1-15......you'd think....
Sorry.....but the way I see it, there is very little to talk about or get excited for.......and the board reflects that.....
-
-
Well, we could talk about mountain biking.... and before some of you say "who cares about MTBing" I'll just leave you with Emily Batty, one of the best women riders on the planet: (your welcome)



-
Women doing men things just don't do it for me.
-
Women doing men things just don't do it for me.
I never thought of mountain biking as "manly".
-
Women doing men things just don't do it for me.
I never thought of mountain biking as "manly".
I never thought of mountain biking as "manly".
I think of it as ballzy!Women doing men things just don't do it for me.
Insecurity is a bitch
-
I never thought of mountain biking as "manly".
I think of it as ballzy!Women doing men things just don't do it for me.
Insecurity is a bitch
-
fuck that pedaling shit. i need a motor.
-
@ghoolie said:
The part that has MISSISSIPPI RIVER CORRIDOR tatooed in big letters.
That's kind of funny.
-
Well, we could talk about mountain biking.... and before some of you say "who cares about MTBing" I'll just leave you with Emily Batty, one of the best women riders on the planet: (your welcome)



-
@ghoolie said:
Traditionally, the board does slow down in the off season, but you are also right because the majority of the slowdown is because the team has very little potential to win football games. I applaud those who stay here through thick and thin. Guys like Tom Flugel, hoorta and Zombo really epitomize what a die hard is. I jam them a lot, but hell, if I didn't think Zomblow was a top notch guy I surely wouldn't have penned a song for him.
However, I also lament the guys like Errock, Chicoppea John, Rich4, and many others who just fell off the train. When long-time Browns guys like Nickers express that their fanship is close to used up, it is troubling that many respond "don't let the door hit you in the ass".
The reality is that the long-time die-hards are growing old and dying. 2017 is a different football world than it was say from 1960 - 90. The die-hard is giving way to fans who want bang for their buck. Americans want it now.........unfortunately, the Browns FO does not believe they can deliver wins now.
Whether or not it is fair to blast this regime for the continued nausea over rebuilding, man fans don't care that this is a new leadership group. Winning seems to fill the stands no matter what. However, a 3 - 13 season or worse, this time around, may not leave enough interested fans to make 2019 a rewarding financial year for the owner.
This money ball shit is a much bigger risk than Lerner knows. If the Browns lay another turd, and they will, the Browns organization will become a blood letting. After that, I don't see that Lerner will hang around. I worry that this franchise is literally being set up to be moved when it can.
I know this much. When your reasons for optimism are based 90% on everyone you drafted being a diamond in the rough, you are setting yourself up for great disappointment.
Um bro.. Lerner sold the team to Haslam dude.. LOL...
-
@ghoolie said:
Again, FluteGirl argued with me incessantly that Winslow's microfracture was going to return him to like new.
And yet we're still in search of our very first cut and paste of what I actually said from you. Should I be flattered at how hard you're trying and the lengths you've resorted to? The reality here between you and me is one of us has a pretty good background in football while the other has only worn a jock strap as the eye patch of his pirate costume on Halloween.
So where are we Girlie? Oh yeah, Winslow's post op prognosis. While I'll admit I thought Winslow would be a great pick for us - I never thought multiple surgeries and staph infections would make him like new. That's just more of you desperately posting what you wished I said. He only made 1 Pro Bowl after all the surgeries and staph infections so he was only a solid receiving TE while Steve Heiden had to step up and be our dual purpose TE.
I'm not the guy in this discussion that needs an online persona nor am I the guy with all the guarantees. Having said that, somebody told this entire message board about a fight we were going to have in Nashville the week the Browns were in town. Take a guess at which one of us showed up for this challenge and which one did not. Thunder makes all the noise like you did but lightning does all the damage at warped speed like I did. Hoorta and Gipper remember your no show.
I feel so bad for you Girlie that I actually gave your desperate effort the only green thatta boy I see on your behalf before your male cheerleaders from Pittsburgh show up to add to it.
The reality here between you and me is one of us has a pretty good background in football while the other has only worn a jock strap as the eye patch of his pirate costume on Halloween.
Quite possibly one of the funniest things ever......
Seconded....
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/06/myles_garrett_foot.html
"He's done a great job,'' said Williams. "It's still way early, but you guys are going to see a pretty good football player when he gets a chance to get out there and go. I've got a big smile on my face, I'm just waiting to let him show everybody before I talk about him.''"He's everything we (expected,)'' Simmons said. "Coach Jackson will handle all of the injury stuff. Myles is everything we expected."The bits I'll focus upon...
All joking aside, I am concerned that this injury will be a pretty large setback. I'm concerned he will come into camp in 'less than ideal football shape' after resting his foot the many weeks leading up to camp. Then he'll miss reps - and maybe even a preseason game or two, while needing to be eased into a full workload, and so on ......
None of that is good for a 1-15 team that desperately needs their #1 overall pick to contend for rookie of the year.
It's not like working Myles back in gradually is going to cost us a playoff berth.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
