Skip to content

QB

The Browns Board
69 23 3.2k
  • @syd said:

    but didn't crow get into some kind of trouble in collage ? as to why he was not drafted

    Yup...

    Started at UGA... failed drug test... then arrested on felony "weapons charges". UGA kicked him. Charges were dropped later. Finished at Alabama State.

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup...

    Started at UGA... failed drug test... then arrested on felony "weapons charges". UGA kicked him. Charges were dropped later. Finished at Alabama State.

    thank you

    hopefully he will be the bell cow I keep hearing about

  • The Brown and Orange scrimmage will be very telling, and will give us information on what I call “step one” of the QB process. I personally think that the QB who performs the best at the scrimmage will be the guy who begins the PRESEASON as the starter. Obviously step two will be the preseason, and the top performer after the first two games will probably be the guy we roll with for the pivotal third preseason game, and then onto the epic beat down, otherwise known as “the season opener”.

    There are several reports floating around that say Kizer is “narrowing the gap” on the competition, and if that trend continues, we very well may have a rookie starting against the Steelers. The idea of putting a rookie in for the season opener is something that makes me want to vomit, but hey….gotta start somewhere, right? I fully expect Kizer to struggle somewhat in the scrimmage, mainly because I feel our defense is way ahead of the offense, which is normal. Our receivers also aren’t very good, and I don’t expect David Njoku to play because of a recent back strain.

  • Really comes down whether Kizer is cleanly over the huddle-command and under-center hurdles. If he is, then he is in the mix.

  • @mike-h said:

    Kizer should start the most games this year, if not all of them -- Can't really say all of them for a Browns QB, but yeah, if he's healthy he should. I think he will start Wk1 because he has more talent than Kessler, and Osweiler isn't in their plans.

    I go back to what I learned in law school about a portion of the Rule against Perpetuities: I take a Wait and See Approach.

    @the-gipper said:

    I go back to what I learned in law school about a portion of the Rule against Perpetuities: I take a Wait and See Approach.

    I'm in law school.

    Your wait is over.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I go back to what I learned in law school about a portion of the Rule against Perpetuities: I take a Wait and See Approach.

    I'm in law school.

    Your wait is over.

    @mike-h said:

    I'm in law school.

    Your wait is over.

    Does it feel like a perpetuity yet?😆

  • @the-gipper said:

    I go back to what I learned in law school about a portion of the Rule against Perpetuities: I take a Wait and See Approach.

    I'm in law school.

    Your wait is over.

    @mike-h said:

    I'm in law school.

    Your wait is over.

    Not so fast my friend.  The testator is not dead yet.

  • @mike-h said:

    I'm in law school.

    Your wait is over.

    Does it feel like a perpetuity yet?😆

    @texasag1969 said:

    Does it feel like a perpetuity yet?😆

    Rule of Perpetuity:    The Browns....in perpetuity...will  be looking for a franchise QB.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Does it feel like a perpetuity yet?😆

    Rule of Perpetuity:    The Browns....in perpetuity...will  be looking for a franchise QB.

    @the-gipper said:

    Rule of Perpetuity:    The Browns....in perpetuity...will  be looking for a franchise QB.

    That makes my perpetuity gland hurt.

  • @mike-h said:

    I'm in law school.

    Your wait is over.

    Not so fast my friend.  The testator is not dead yet.

    @the-gipper said:

    Not so fast my friend.  The testator is not dead yet.

    Ok how about now?

    Here's my favorite quote from today's conference call:

    And yes, I quoted myself, because most beat writers do not agree with this perspective and didn't report it was said. I was on the call and have the transcript.

  • Speaking of QBs...

    Given Stafford's mega-deal, I think owners are going to have to revisit the idea of pulling QBs out from under the team cap... something they raised a few years ago at a league meeting.

  • Well, on July 22nd I predicted that Brock would be our starter on opening day.  It looked good for a while......but I guess there's not much of a chance of that now that he's been cut. 🙂

    I also said that Kizer had come to a good situation for him to become the starter since the bar here was not set too high.  I hope Kizer becomes our 'answer' for our age old question, "Who will be the next GOOD QB in Cleveland since Bernie Kosar?"

    It's possible that The Harvard Think Tank will go after a veteran QB once the final cuts are over.....but I think the greater possibility is that we stand pat.

  • Well, on July 22nd I predicted that Brock would be our starter on opening day.  It looked good for a while......but I guess there's not much of a chance of that now that he's been cut. 🙂

    I also said that Kizer had come to a good situation for him to become the starter since the bar here was not set too high.  I hope Kizer becomes our 'answer' for our age old question, "Who will be the next GOOD QB in Cleveland since Bernie Kosar?"

    It's possible that The Harvard Think Tank will go after a veteran QB once the final cuts are over.....but I think the greater possibility is that we stand pat.

    @orion said:

    Well, on July 22nd I predicted that Brock would be our starter on opening day.

    I can dredge up another "Nailed It!" meme for you if you like... 🙂

  • Ya gotta admit, it was looking good for a while there. 🙂  Then, on national TV, he looked like crap and Kizer didn't.  

    I don't mind being wrong.  What I don't like is when I'm right and the team does the wrong thing ANYway.

  • Ya gotta admit, it was looking good for a while there. 🙂  Then, on national TV, he looked like crap and Kizer didn't.  

    I don't mind being wrong.  What I don't like is when I'm right and the team does the wrong thing ANYway.

    @orion said:

    I don't mind being wrong.

    Me neither... but more of a case that I've gotten used to it...

    @orion said:

    What I don't like is when I'm right and the team does the wrong thing ANYway.

    BASTAGES!

  • Kizer looked like crap and has always looked like crap. His pre-snap ability is so bad. He has no clue what he is doing out there. If the Browns wanted to at least to attempt to win, they would have kept Brock and tried, but we know they do not want to do that. I doubt Kizer last the season. I suspect Hogan will be given a chance in the season despite not being what Hue wants at the position.

  • Kizer looked like crap and has always looked like crap. His pre-snap ability is so bad. He has no clue what he is doing out there. If the Browns wanted to at least to attempt to win, they would have kept Brock and tried, but we know they do not want to do that. I doubt Kizer last the season. I suspect Hogan will be given a chance in the season despite not being what Hue wants at the position.

    @hempman said:

    Kizer looked like crap and has always looked like crap. His pre-snap ability is so bad. He has no clue what he is doing out there. If the Browns wanted to at least to attempt to win, they would have kept Brock and tried, but we know they do not want to do that.

    Found Brock Osweiler ^

  • 8 Hogan, Kevin QB 6-3 218 24 2 Stanford

    6 Kessler, Cody QB 6-1 215 24 2 USC

    7 Kizer, DeShone QB 6-4 233 21 R Notre Dame

    17 Osweiler, Brock QB 6-8 235 26 5 Arizona State

    Ultimately, we can only go as far as our QB can take us.

    And the QB's abilities can be hampered by the players around him...OL, WR, TE, RB.

    Who is our QB anyway?

    Aside from Col. Hogan, an argument can be made for all of 'em. (Hogan makes the team only if one of the others gets hurt)

    Kessler is the leader in the clubhouse....only because he played in the offense last year and wasn't terrible. (and, in theory, he was hand picked by the HC....although the HC seemed to lose faith in him in the latter part of the season)

    Kizer is THIS year's draft pick. Had a really big season two years ago...but not as good last season. (lost a lot of players from the '15 season...team wasn't as good). Let's see if he's the answer so we don't draft one NEXT draft (or that we HAVE to draft one next draft) is the argument.

    Osweiler is the veteran. His 5th season coming up. He's a TALL drink o' water....just the way I like 'em. Like Kizer, was pretty good a couple of years ago but not so much last season. Was it just a bad system that he was in last year?

    If I were HC I would talk to the three of them individually and remind them that they were brought in here because talent was seen in them. I'd tell them that Kessler probably starts with the ball in his hand and maybe gets the chance to set the bar but that everyone can vault the bar by virtue of their work in the classroom and performance on the practice field.

    I think the starting position is going to be a battle between Kessler and the Ostrich. I would have to assume that Kizer is going to be a typical rookie QB and struggle with the NFL game initially. But I've said it before, he's come to a good situation. The bar is not set all that high.

    @orion said:

    I think the starting position is going to be a battle between Kessler and the Ostrich. I would have to assume that Kizer is going to be a typical rookie QB and struggle with the NFL game initially. But I've said it before, he's come to a good situation. The bar is not set all that high.

    Yes, well the typical rookie will be just that.

    It's too bad that he is the best of all of them . . . .  well that is not too terrible but starting a rookie is always challenging . . . .

    Who is his first opponent?  ummmmmm let me check . . . .  Oh it's those guys, well PIT's first team D has given up alotta yards in the preseason and have not looked all that great. 

  • @orion said:

    I think the starting position is going to be a battle between Kessler and the Ostrich. I would have to assume that Kizer is going to be a typical rookie QB and struggle with the NFL game initially. But I've said it before, he's come to a good situation. The bar is not set all that high.

    Yes, well the typical rookie will be just that.

    It's too bad that he is the best of all of them . . . .  well that is not too terrible but starting a rookie is always challenging . . . .

    Who is his first opponent?  ummmmmm let me check . . . .  Oh it's those guys, well PIT's first team D has given up alotta yards in the preseason and have not looked all that great. 

    @dick-mellon said:

    Yes, well the typical rookie will be just that.

    It's too bad that he is the best of all of them . . . .  well that is not too terrible but starting a rookie is always challenging . . . .

    Who is his first opponent?  ummmmmm let me check . . . .  Oh it's those guys, well PIT's first team D has given up alotta yards in the preseason and have not looked all that great. 

    Not too mention, rookie QB's had a field day against that D last season, I expect that trend to continue on opening day.

  • New Topic Here.....We now Have 4 QB's..OK, BB QB coaches😉..Who Ya got going WHERE? Does Kessler/Hogan go Home to any LA Teams/Oakland/49'ers/Jags/Jets/Ravens😛? What's your thoughts?  

  • New Topic Here.....We now Have 4 QB's..OK, BB QB coaches😉..Who Ya got going WHERE? Does Kessler/Hogan go Home to any LA Teams/Oakland/49'ers/Jags/Jets/Ravens😛? What's your thoughts?  

    @gumby73 said:

    New Topic Here.....We now Have 4 QB's..OK, BB QB coaches😉..Who Ya got going WHERE? Does Kessler/Hogan go Home to any LA Teams/Oakland/49'ers/Jags/Jets/Ravens😛? What's your thoughts?  

    I dont see that we have anyone who is trade bait....but Im sure they are investigating that as we speak......in the end, we'll have to waive one and hope we can slide him to the PS....

    If it was me......Kessler would be the guy going......but since it's Hue and Shashi, Ill say it's Hogan who gets the ax.....and I think he'll get picked up before we can say practice squad.....