QB
-
Well, on July 22nd I predicted that Brock would be our starter on opening day. It looked good for a while......but I guess there's not much of a chance of that now that he's been cut.

I also said that Kizer had come to a good situation for him to become the starter since the bar here was not set too high. I hope Kizer becomes our 'answer' for our age old question, "Who will be the next GOOD QB in Cleveland since Bernie Kosar?"
It's possible that The Harvard Think Tank will go after a veteran QB once the final cuts are over.....but I think the greater possibility is that we stand pat.
-
Ya gotta admit, it was looking good for a while there.
Then, on national TV, he looked like crap and Kizer didn't.
I don't mind being wrong. What I don't like is when I'm right and the team does the wrong thing ANYway.
-
Kizer looked like crap and has always looked like crap. His pre-snap ability is so bad. He has no clue what he is doing out there. If the Browns wanted to at least to attempt to win, they would have kept Brock and tried, but we know they do not want to do that. I doubt Kizer last the season. I suspect Hogan will be given a chance in the season despite not being what Hue wants at the position.
-
Kizer looked like crap and has always looked like crap. His pre-snap ability is so bad. He has no clue what he is doing out there. If the Browns wanted to at least to attempt to win, they would have kept Brock and tried, but we know they do not want to do that. I doubt Kizer last the season. I suspect Hogan will be given a chance in the season despite not being what Hue wants at the position.
-
8 Hogan, Kevin QB 6-3 218 24 2 Stanford
6 Kessler, Cody QB 6-1 215 24 2 USC
7 Kizer, DeShone QB 6-4 233 21 R Notre Dame
17 Osweiler, Brock QB 6-8 235 26 5 Arizona State
Ultimately, we can only go as far as our QB can take us.
And the QB's abilities can be hampered by the players around him...OL, WR, TE, RB.
Who is our QB anyway?
Aside from Col. Hogan, an argument can be made for all of 'em. (Hogan makes the team only if one of the others gets hurt)
Kessler is the leader in the clubhouse....only because he played in the offense last year and wasn't terrible. (and, in theory, he was hand picked by the HC....although the HC seemed to lose faith in him in the latter part of the season)
Kizer is THIS year's draft pick. Had a really big season two years ago...but not as good last season. (lost a lot of players from the '15 season...team wasn't as good). Let's see if he's the answer so we don't draft one NEXT draft (or that we HAVE to draft one next draft) is the argument.
Osweiler is the veteran. His 5th season coming up. He's a TALL drink o' water....just the way I like 'em. Like Kizer, was pretty good a couple of years ago but not so much last season. Was it just a bad system that he was in last year?
If I were HC I would talk to the three of them individually and remind them that they were brought in here because talent was seen in them. I'd tell them that Kessler probably starts with the ball in his hand and maybe gets the chance to set the bar but that everyone can vault the bar by virtue of their work in the classroom and performance on the practice field.
I think the starting position is going to be a battle between Kessler and the Ostrich. I would have to assume that Kizer is going to be a typical rookie QB and struggle with the NFL game initially. But I've said it before, he's come to a good situation. The bar is not set all that high.
I think the starting position is going to be a battle between Kessler and the Ostrich. I would have to assume that Kizer is going to be a typical rookie QB and struggle with the NFL game initially. But I've said it before, he's come to a good situation. The bar is not set all that high.
Yes, well the typical rookie will be just that.
It's too bad that he is the best of all of them . . . . well that is not too terrible but starting a rookie is always challenging . . . .
Who is his first opponent? ummmmmm let me check . . . . Oh it's those guys, well PIT's first team D has given up alotta yards in the preseason and have not looked all that great.
-
I think the starting position is going to be a battle between Kessler and the Ostrich. I would have to assume that Kizer is going to be a typical rookie QB and struggle with the NFL game initially. But I've said it before, he's come to a good situation. The bar is not set all that high.
Yes, well the typical rookie will be just that.
It's too bad that he is the best of all of them . . . . well that is not too terrible but starting a rookie is always challenging . . . .
Who is his first opponent? ummmmmm let me check . . . . Oh it's those guys, well PIT's first team D has given up alotta yards in the preseason and have not looked all that great.
Yes, well the typical rookie will be just that.
It's too bad that he is the best of all of them . . . . well that is not too terrible but starting a rookie is always challenging . . . .
Who is his first opponent? ummmmmm let me check . . . . Oh it's those guys, well PIT's first team D has given up alotta yards in the preseason and have not looked all that great.
Not too mention, rookie QB's had a field day against that D last season, I expect that trend to continue on opening day.
-
New Topic Here.....We now Have 4 QB's..OK, BB QB coaches
..Who Ya got going WHERE? Does Kessler/Hogan go Home to any LA Teams/Oakland/49'ers/Jags/Jets/Ravens
? What's your thoughts?
New Topic Here.....We now Have 4 QB's..OK, BB QB coaches
..Who Ya got going WHERE? Does Kessler/Hogan go Home to any LA Teams/Oakland/49'ers/Jags/Jets/Ravens
? What's your thoughts?
I dont see that we have anyone who is trade bait....but Im sure they are investigating that as we speak......in the end, we'll have to waive one and hope we can slide him to the PS....
If it was me......Kessler would be the guy going......but since it's Hue and Shashi, Ill say it's Hogan who gets the ax.....and I think he'll get picked up before we can say practice squad.....
-
As hot as your "Jimmy The Mud" predictions were yesterday I hope ya cool off
..Hogan all camp showed better than Cody against are own knowing squad. In Pre-season games though imo it was a toss-up between them both..Again just like Oz, 31 teams won't trade unless their deep in the Waiver Wire so the others will play are own waiting game..Andy Reid did not like losing Hogan last season & now KC GM is gone..Kessler seems stuck in his own Mud, while Hogan seems to be progressing forward..If a Trade? it maybe Hogan at this point.(Which this FO
)If a Cut? Me,I'd cut Kessler
-
New Topic Here.....We now Have 4 QB's..OK, BB QB coaches
..Who Ya got going WHERE? Does Kessler/Hogan go Home to any LA Teams/Oakland/49'ers/Jags/Jets/Ravens
? What's your thoughts?
I dont see that we have anyone who is trade bait....but Im sure they are investigating that as we speak......in the end, we'll have to waive one and hope we can slide him to the PS....
If it was me......Kessler would be the guy going......but since it's Hue and Shashi, Ill say it's Hogan who gets the ax.....and I think he'll get picked up before we can say practice squad.....
I dont see that we have anyone who is trade bait....but Im sure they are investigating that as we speak......in the end, we'll have to waive one and hope we can slide him to the PS....
If it was me......Kessler would be the guy going......but since it's Hue and Shashi, Ill say it's Hogan who gets the ax.....and I think he'll get picked up before we can say practice squad.....
Kessler is worse than last year............."trust me". Just drop him. It was a shit pick just like any of us thought when they reached at least 2 levels to get him. They dropped 2 of those WR's so time to move on here too.
-
I dont see that we have anyone who is trade bait....but Im sure they are investigating that as we speak......in the end, we'll have to waive one and hope we can slide him to the PS....
If it was me......Kessler would be the guy going......but since it's Hue and Shashi, Ill say it's Hogan who gets the ax.....and I think he'll get picked up before we can say practice squad.....
Kessler is worse than last year............."trust me". Just drop him. It was a shit pick just like any of us thought when they reached at least 2 levels to get him. They dropped 2 of those WR's so time to move on here too.
Kessler is worse than last year............."trust me". Just drop him. It was a shit pick just like any of us thought when they reached at least 2 levels to get him. They dropped 2 of those WR's so time to move on here too.
I think you are right I think Kessler is out of hereI think you are right I think Kessler is out of here
-
Kessler is worse than last year............."trust me". Just drop him. It was a shit pick just like any of us thought when they reached at least 2 levels to get him. They dropped 2 of those WR's so time to move on here too.
I think you are right I think Kessler is out of hereI think you are right I think Kessler is out of here
I think you are right I think Kessler is out of hereI think you are right I think Kessler is out of here
We have to "trust hue" on kessler.
I trust him and our FO 100%. It's all part of the master plan.
-
I think you are right I think Kessler is out of hereI think you are right I think Kessler is out of here
We have to "trust hue" on kessler.
I trust him and our FO 100%. It's all part of the master plan.
We have to "trust hue" on kessler.
I trust him and our FO 100%. It's all part of the master plan.
Yeah. Kess IS the most familiar with the offense, could dink & dunk downfield & we do ave a long range kicker. I'm viewing it the same way...part of the "plan".
Mike
-
Back down to 3 QB's as Josh Woodward has been released. I guess we got all the info we needed out of him.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login