Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. QB

QB

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
69 Posts 23 Posters 3.2k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 9k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Browns WR Kenny Britt on DeShone Kizer: 'He's going to be one of the great ones'

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/07/browns_kenny_britt_on_deshone.html

    BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
    The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • OrionO Orion

      Browns WR Kenny Britt on DeShone Kizer: 'He's going to be one of the great ones'

      http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/07/browns_kenny_britt_on_deshone.html

      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
      • 57k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
      #22

      @orion said:

      Browns WR Kenny Britt on DeShone Kizer: 'He's going to be one of the great ones'

      http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/07/browns_kenny_britt_on_deshone.html

      Oh, well, lets just get him sized up now.

      goldjacket.jpg

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 9k Posts
        • 4k Reputation
        OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
        #23

        Yeah, maybe Britt says that about ALL the boys....I don't know Britt from a snowbank. But he's been around a while and obviously played with a BUNCH of QB's. It's good to hear that he feels good about Kizer at this early stage.

        BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
        nickersN 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • OrionO Orion

          Yeah, maybe Britt says that about ALL the boys....I don't know Britt from a snowbank. But he's been around a while and obviously played with a BUNCH of QB's. It's good to hear that he feels good about Kizer at this early stage.

          nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
          • 14k Posts
          • 5k Reputation
          nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
          #24

          @orion said:

          Yeah, maybe Britt says that about ALL the boys....I don't know Britt from a snowbank. But he's been around a while and obviously played with a BUNCH of QB's. It's good to hear that he feels good about Kizer at this early stage.

          How manny good QB's has Britt ever played with?

          Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
          OrionO 1 Reply Last reply
          👍
          Quote Reply
          • nickersN nickers

            @orion said:

            Yeah, maybe Britt says that about ALL the boys....I don't know Britt from a snowbank. But he's been around a while and obviously played with a BUNCH of QB's. It's good to hear that he feels good about Kizer at this early stage.

            How manny good QB's has Britt ever played with?

            Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 9k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
            #25

            @nickers said:

            How manny good QB's has Britt ever played with?

            Doesn't matter, he slept in a Holiday Inn Express the other night.

            BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
              • 30k Posts
              • 6k Reputation
              Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
              #26

              If you read the article, then you'll see about three different conditional statements led by "if he keeps progressing."

              And if I had kept growing I might have been an NBA Center...

              But all-in-all it's better than Britt saying "He's terrible. He has no shot."

              "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
              1 Reply Last reply
              👍
              Quote Reply
              • Opal312 Opal312O
                • 2k Posts
                • 100 Reputation
                Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
                #27

                I think Osweiler is trade bait, Kessler is too small and won't stay healthy. I predict Kizer is the starter long before the bye week. But it's too soon for a serious discussion considering Hue Jackson hasn't got a clue either.

                I need to see preseason games

                I still remember when Isiah Crowell came out of nowhere in the fourth preseason game his rookie year and he was undrafted.

                Anything can happen!

                GO BROWNS??? 8-8

                DAMN THE TORPEDOES! FULL SPEED AHEAD!
                OrionO sydS 2 Replies Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Opal312O Opal312

                  I think Osweiler is trade bait, Kessler is too small and won't stay healthy. I predict Kizer is the starter long before the bye week. But it's too soon for a serious discussion considering Hue Jackson hasn't got a clue either.

                  I need to see preseason games

                  I still remember when Isiah Crowell came out of nowhere in the fourth preseason game his rookie year and he was undrafted.

                  Anything can happen!

                  GO BROWNS??? 8-8

                  Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 9k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
                  #28

                  @opal312 said:

                  I need to see preseason games

                  Stop being sensible. 🙂

                  Every year...from May to August...our team is vastly improved. The new guys are great and the old guys are better.

                  THEN WE PLAY A PRESEASON GAME. And we all come crashing back down to earth. "We've got some things to clean up."

                  THEN we play a regular season game...and it's 'Holy shit. We suck.'

                  I think I read that it's been 13 years since we've won on opening day. - It feels longer than that.

                  I said at the top of this thread, We'll only go as far as our QB can take us. And that's been pretty much true since our return. (except for the year that Dennis Northcutt dropped an EASY pass to keep us from winning our only playoff game)

                  BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                  Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Mike H Mike HM
                    • 724 Posts
                    • 274 Reputation
                    Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by
                    #29

                    Kizer should start the most games this year, if not all of them -- Can't really say all of them for a Browns QB, but yeah, if he's healthy he should. I think he will start Wk1 because he has more talent than Kessler, and Osweiler isn't in their plans.

                    Z The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • OrionO Orion

                      @opal312 said:

                      I need to see preseason games

                      Stop being sensible. 🙂

                      Every year...from May to August...our team is vastly improved. The new guys are great and the old guys are better.

                      THEN WE PLAY A PRESEASON GAME. And we all come crashing back down to earth. "We've got some things to clean up."

                      THEN we play a regular season game...and it's 'Holy shit. We suck.'

                      I think I read that it's been 13 years since we've won on opening day. - It feels longer than that.

                      I said at the top of this thread, We'll only go as far as our QB can take us. And that's been pretty much true since our return. (except for the year that Dennis Northcutt dropped an EASY pass to keep us from winning our only playoff game)

                      Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                      • 30k Posts
                      • 6k Reputation
                      Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                      #30

                      What up, Mike...

                      I've been more in the Kizer-later Camp, but have moved his 1st start up from Game 13 to Game 9, following the bye. Trying to strike a balance between getting him ready and seeing enough to evaluate him in live action. But if his progress being reported is real and continues, you may end up being right about Week 1.

                      Osweiler's a tricky one... have to get him enough reps, good reps, to enhance his trade value without winning over our fan base.

                      Going to be an interesting camp.

                      @orion said:

                      I said at the top of this thread, We'll only go as far as our QB can take us. And that's been pretty much true since our return. (except for the year that Dennis Northcutt dropped an EASY pass to keep us from winning our only playoff game)

                      Really not sure when that last applied to us. We've had so many limiting factors since our return and they've not all been addressed going into 2017.

                      "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                        • 14k Posts
                        • 5k Reputation
                        nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                        #31

                        Kizer just does NOT excite me in anyway.. bah humbug...

                        Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Mike HM Mike H

                          Kizer should start the most games this year, if not all of them -- Can't really say all of them for a Browns QB, but yeah, if he's healthy he should. I think he will start Wk1 because he has more talent than Kessler, and Osweiler isn't in their plans.

                          Zombo Z
                          • 8k Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
                          #32

                          @mike-h said:

                          Kizer should start the most games this year, if not all of them -- Can't really say all of them for a Browns QB, but yeah, if he's healthy he should. I think he will start Wk1 because he has more talent than Kessler, and Osweiler isn't in their plans.

                          I agree with this.

                          Zombo

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • TopDawg31 TopDawg31T Very Popular
                            • 2k Posts
                            • 167 Reputation
                            TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by TopDawg31
                            #33

                            From what I saw at training camp, the QB race is a two horse race and Kessler is still stuck in his stall. Brock is ahead of all three, Kizer not too far behind. I could see Kizer passing Brock by the end of preseason. Kessler is still holding the ball too damn long. Brock throws are tight and on a rope with on time delivery. Kizer sails a few but get the majority where they need to be.

                            Mike HM 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 9k Posts
                              • 4k Reputation
                              OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
                              #34

                              Thanks for the info TopDawg.

                              BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Opal312O Opal312

                                I think Osweiler is trade bait, Kessler is too small and won't stay healthy. I predict Kizer is the starter long before the bye week. But it's too soon for a serious discussion considering Hue Jackson hasn't got a clue either.

                                I need to see preseason games

                                I still remember when Isiah Crowell came out of nowhere in the fourth preseason game his rookie year and he was undrafted.

                                Anything can happen!

                                GO BROWNS??? 8-8

                                syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 7k Posts
                                • 3k Reputation
                                sydS syd wrote on last edited by
                                #35

                                @opal312 said:

                                I think Osweiler is trade bait, Kessler is too small and won't stay healthy. I predict Kizer is the starter long before the bye week. But it's too soon for a serious discussion considering Hue Jackson hasn't got a clue either.

                                I need to see preseason games

                                I still remember when Isiah Crowell came out of nowhere in the fourth preseason game his rookie year and he was undrafted.

                                Anything can happen!

                                GO BROWNS 8-8

                                but didn't crow get into some kind of trouble in collage ? as to why he was not drafted

                                Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • TopDawg31T TopDawg31

                                  From what I saw at training camp, the QB race is a two horse race and Kessler is still stuck in his stall. Brock is ahead of all three, Kizer not too far behind. I could see Kizer passing Brock by the end of preseason. Kessler is still holding the ball too damn long. Brock throws are tight and on a rope with on time delivery. Kizer sails a few but get the majority where they need to be.

                                  Mike H Mike HM
                                  • 724 Posts
                                  • 274 Reputation
                                  Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by
                                  #36

                                  @topdawg31 said:

                                  From what I saw at training camp, the QB race is a two horse race and Kessler is still stuck in his stall. Brock is ahead of all three, Kizer not too far behind. I could see Kizer passing Brock by the end of preseason. Kessler is still holding the ball too damn long. Brock throws are tight and on a rope with on time delivery. Kizer sails a few but get the majority where they need to be.

                                  Thanks for the report from the trenches.

                                  How many practices did you observe? Haven't heard many say Osweiler in the lead

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • sydS syd

                                    @opal312 said:

                                    I think Osweiler is trade bait, Kessler is too small and won't stay healthy. I predict Kizer is the starter long before the bye week. But it's too soon for a serious discussion considering Hue Jackson hasn't got a clue either.

                                    I need to see preseason games

                                    I still remember when Isiah Crowell came out of nowhere in the fourth preseason game his rookie year and he was undrafted.

                                    Anything can happen!

                                    GO BROWNS 8-8

                                    but didn't crow get into some kind of trouble in collage ? as to why he was not drafted

                                    Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                    • 30k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                                    #37

                                    @syd said:

                                    but didn't crow get into some kind of trouble in collage ? as to why he was not drafted

                                    Yup...

                                    Started at UGA... failed drug test... then arrested on felony "weapons charges". UGA kicked him. Charges were dropped later. Finished at Alabama State.

                                    "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                                    IbleedbrownI sydS 2 Replies Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Mike HM Mike H

                                      Kizer should start the most games this year, if not all of them -- Can't really say all of them for a Browns QB, but yeah, if he's healthy he should. I think he will start Wk1 because he has more talent than Kessler, and Osweiler isn't in their plans.

                                      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                      • 57k Posts
                                      • 4k Reputation
                                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                      #38

                                      @mike-h said:

                                      Kizer should start the most games this year, if not all of them -- Can't really say all of them for a Browns QB, but yeah, if he's healthy he should. I think he will start Wk1 because he has more talent than Kessler, and Osweiler isn't in their plans.

                                      I go back to what I learned in law school about a portion of the Rule against Perpetuities: I take a Wait and See Approach.

                                      Mike HM 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                                        @syd said:

                                        but didn't crow get into some kind of trouble in collage ? as to why he was not drafted

                                        Yup...

                                        Started at UGA... failed drug test... then arrested on felony "weapons charges". UGA kicked him. Charges were dropped later. Finished at Alabama State.

                                        Ibleedbrown IbleedbrownI Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 5k Posts
                                        • 2k Reputation
                                        IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
                                        #39

                                        @tour2ma said:

                                        Yup...

                                        Started at UGA... failed drug test... then arrested on felony "weapons charges". UGA kicked him. Charges were dropped later. Finished at Alabama State.

                                        Even still he was regarded as a good pick up for a udfa that year, making a "top 5 udfa this year" type of list. If memory serves he didn't see a lot of action in preseason games 1-3 his first year, but then l guess the team got a good enough look at the other RBs by the time the 4th game came around and gave him a shot.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                                          @syd said:

                                          but didn't crow get into some kind of trouble in collage ? as to why he was not drafted

                                          Yup...

                                          Started at UGA... failed drug test... then arrested on felony "weapons charges". UGA kicked him. Charges were dropped later. Finished at Alabama State.

                                          syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 7k Posts
                                          • 3k Reputation
                                          sydS syd wrote on last edited by
                                          #40

                                          @tour2ma said:

                                          Yup...

                                          Started at UGA... failed drug test... then arrested on felony "weapons charges". UGA kicked him. Charges were dropped later. Finished at Alabama State.

                                          thank you

                                          hopefully he will be the bell cow I keep hearing about

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate