Skip to content

Dealing Irving May be Imminent:

The Cavs Board
45 13 4.7k
  • Timberwolves wont trade for him. It's looking like our best bet is to trade shumpert frye and kyrie to the suns and knicks. Knicks trade us Carmelo, Suns give us Bledsoe, We give Shumpert and Frye to the Suns and Kyrie the Knicks might also give us a top pick. James Jones is lebrons boy and works for the suns and bledsoe has the same agent as us.

    @stillmotion said:

    Timberwolves wont trade for him. It's looking like our best bet is to trade shumpert frye and kyrie to the suns and knicks. Knicks trade us Carmelo, Suns give us Bledsoe, We give Shumpert and Frye to the Suns and Kyrie the Knicks might also give us a top pick. James Jones is lebrons boy and works for the suns and bledsoe has the same agent as us.

    Why won't Minnesota trade for him. It seems that you make a blanket statement like that without any evidence or support.

  • @stillmotion said:

    Timberwolves wont trade for him. It's looking like our best bet is to trade shumpert frye and kyrie to the suns and knicks. Knicks trade us Carmelo, Suns give us Bledsoe, We give Shumpert and Frye to the Suns and Kyrie the Knicks might also give us a top pick. James Jones is lebrons boy and works for the suns and bledsoe has the same agent as us.

    Why won't Minnesota trade for him. It seems that you make a blanket statement like that without any evidence or support.

    @the-gipper said:

    Why won't Minnesota trade for him. It seems that you make a blanket statement like that without any evidence or support.

    Minnesota would have to give up Karl Anthony Towns which they won't.

    They just got Jeff Teague and Butler and they have big contracts. Teague for Irving isn't enough, and they won't flip him right after aquiring him. I doubt the cavs would accept wiggins for kyrie outright. And with wiggins for kyrie would we even improve?

    I just don't see it happening. I see Kyrie going potentially to the knicks. I doubt we trade them to our second biggest threat (the spurs).

  • LOL Wiggins is the worst defender in the NBA

  • Oh goddamn you guys aren't this stupid are ya? Irving is pissy be cause of the D Rose talk then the signing. Come on man D Rose wont last and was to be a role player,

  • Oh goddamn you guys aren't this stupid are ya? Irving is pissy be cause of the D Rose talk then the signing. Come on man D Rose wont last and was to be a role player,

    "One said:

    Oh goddamn you guys aren't this stupid are ya? Irving is pissy be cause of the D Rose talk then the signing. Come on man D Rose wont last and was to be a role player,

    Is the end of the Cavs and maybe Cleveland's short but exciting championship run very near?

  • Oh goddamn you guys aren't this stupid are ya? Irving is pissy be cause of the D Rose talk then the signing. Come on man D Rose wont last and was to be a role player,

    "One said:

    Oh goddamn you guys aren't this stupid are ya? Irving is pissy be cause of the D Rose talk then the signing. Come on man D Rose wont last and was to be a role player,

    Is the end of the Cavs and maybe Cleveland's short but exciting championship run very near?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why won't Minnesota trade for him. It seems that you make a blanket statement like that without any evidence or support.

    Minnesota would have to give up Karl Anthony Towns which they won't.

    They just got Jeff Teague and Butler and they have big contracts. Teague for Irving isn't enough, and they won't flip him right after aquiring him. I doubt the cavs would accept wiggins for kyrie outright. And with wiggins for kyrie would we even improve?

    I just don't see it happening. I see Kyrie going potentially to the knicks. I doubt we trade them to our second biggest threat (the spurs).

    @stillmotion said:

    Minnesota would have to give up Karl Anthony Towns which they won't.

    They just got Jeff Teague and Butler and they have big contracts. Teague for Irving isn't enough, and they won't flip him right after aquiring him. I doubt the cavs would accept wiggins for kyrie outright. And with wiggins for kyrie would we even improve?

    I just don't see it happening. I see Kyrie going potentially to the knicks. I doubt we trade them to our second biggest threat (the spurs).

    Wiggins plus perhaps another player....obviously not Towns or Butler. And/or draft picks.

  • Hey Carmel from the knicks and a draft pick

  • After next year LBJ is leaving the Land, Kyrie knows is it and I am willing to bet they had it all worked out so they both end up in LA next season. I believe LBJ and Kyrie are close friends and this is all for show.

  • After next year LBJ is leaving the Land, Kyrie knows is it and I am willing to bet they had it all worked out so they both end up in LA next season. I believe LBJ and Kyrie are close friends and this is all for show.

    @medicineman said:

    After next year LBJ is leaving the Land, Kyrie knows is it and I am willing to bet they had it all worked out so they both end up in LA next season. I believe LBJ and Kyrie are close friends and this is all for show.

    I kind of believe Bruce Drennen on this one, LBJ plays and stays in Cleveland and his kids go to SVSM in Akron.

  • @medicineman said:

    After next year LBJ is leaving the Land, Kyrie knows is it and I am willing to bet they had it all worked out so they both end up in LA next season. I believe LBJ and Kyrie are close friends and this is all for show.

    I kind of believe Bruce Drennen on this one, LBJ plays and stays in Cleveland and his kids go to SVSM in Akron.

    @mjp28 said:

    I kind of believe Bruce Drennen on this one, LBJ plays and stays in Cleveland and his kids go to SVSM in Akron.

    His kids will go to St.V St. M regardless of where he plays or lives....even if it means his wife has to stay here in Akron while he is off to whereever.

  • @mjp28 said:

    I kind of believe Bruce Drennen on this one, LBJ plays and stays in Cleveland and his kids go to SVSM in Akron.

    His kids will go to St.V St. M regardless of where he plays or lives....even if it means his wife has to stay here in Akron while he is off to whereever.

    @the-gipper said:

    His kids will go to St.V St. M regardless of where he plays or lives....even if it means his wife has to stay here in Akron while he is off to whereever.

    But so much easier and better to watch them grow up here.............not 2,500 miles away.

    He stays.

  • Oh goddamn you guys aren't this stupid are ya? Irving is pissy be cause of the D Rose talk then the signing. Come on man D Rose wont last and was to be a role player,

    @one-post said:

    Oh goddamn you guys aren't this stupid are ya? Irving is pissy be cause of the D Rose talk then the signing. Come on man D Rose wont last and was to be a role player,

    No he isn't D-Rose is a 15 minute off the bench player. Absolutely no threat to Irving

  • @baconhound said:

    Not a shock Irving wants out. I think this ask is all on Lebron James but not because Lebron is a jerk or a difficult teammate but because he was smart and will be a free agent after next season.

    i think it is all on Kyrie who is showing himself to be selfish and stupid. Any team with Kyrie as the "Alpha Dog"...as good as he is, would still be lucky to make .500....or even make the playoffs. (We had him here for 3 years without LeBron..and where were we?). Any team with LeBron is a championship contender.

    No one can win by themselves....but LeBron comes as close as anyone who has played to doing that. Kyrie can't.

    The old "he would rather be the big fish in the little pond" scenario for Kyrie I guess.

    @the-gipper said:

    i think it is all on Kyrie who is showing himself to be selfish and stupid. Any team with Kyrie as the "Alpha Dog"...as good as he is, would still be lucky to make .500....or even make the playoffs. (We had him here for 3 years without LeBron..and where were we?). Any team with LeBron is a championship contender.

    No one can win by themselves....but LeBron comes as close as anyone who has played to doing that. Kyrie can't.

    The old "he would rather be the big fish in the little pond" scenario for Kyrie I guess.

    Lebron on the Nets doesn't make them a Champion contender and Kyrie would be the "Alpha Dog" on Detroit and they would be an immediate playoff contender.

  • What would you want in a trade for him?

    He says he would go to Minnesota....then how about getting Wiggins back for him? Plus maybe a draft pick.

    I am of the opinion that is they do trade him they should trade him to a team in the Western Conf. Why give him to teams that are in closer competition. Ergo, the Minnesota thing, to me, could be the best move. The T-wolves will not give you Carl Anthony Townes...but Wiggins could fit the bill. A good wing player, a good scorer, a good defender...and young.

    @the-gipper said:

    What would you want in a trade for him?

    He says he would go to Minnesota....then how about getting Wiggins back for him? Plus maybe a draft pick.

    I am of the opinion that is they do trade him they should trade him to a team in the Western Conf. Why give him to teams that are in closer competition. Ergo, the Minnesota thing, to me, could be the best move. The T-wolves will not give you Carl Anthony Townes...but Wiggins could fit the bill. A good wing player, a good scorer, a good defender...and young.

    Don't think the Wolves would offer Wiggins and keep Teague on the roster. I'd bet they'd be offering Teague and a pick.

  • I doubt minnesota would get rid of teague right after getting him. i think they have a solid squad.

    I believe Kyrie is mad lebron might stay. If lebron stays, kyrie can't be the face of the team. Kyrie wants to be a westbrook type player.

    Little does he know, it takes a whole squad to achieve greatness. James Harden and Russell didn't get into the finals for a reason last year.

  • I doubt minnesota would get rid of teague right after getting him. i think they have a solid squad.

    I believe Kyrie is mad lebron might stay. If lebron stays, kyrie can't be the face of the team. Kyrie wants to be a westbrook type player.

    Little does he know, it takes a whole squad to achieve greatness. James Harden and Russell didn't get into the finals for a reason last year.

    @stillmotion said:

    I doubt minnesota would get rid of teague right after getting him. i think they have a solid squad.

    I believe Kyrie is mad lebron might stay. If lebron stays, kyrie can't be the face of the team. Kyrie wants to be a westbrook type player.

    Little does he know, it takes a whole squad to achieve greatness. James Harden and Russell didn't get into the finals for a reason last year.

    In the NBA you have to get the money to lineup swapping Teague makes sense in terms of salary and team composition. Irving is better than Teague but the team who has the guy who wants out rarely gets equal value.

  • @stillmotion said:

    Minnesota would have to give up Karl Anthony Towns which they won't.

    They just got Jeff Teague and Butler and they have big contracts. Teague for Irving isn't enough, and they won't flip him right after aquiring him. I doubt the cavs would accept wiggins for kyrie outright. And with wiggins for kyrie would we even improve?

    I just don't see it happening. I see Kyrie going potentially to the knicks. I doubt we trade them to our second biggest threat (the spurs).

    Wiggins plus perhaps another player....obviously not Towns or Butler. And/or draft picks.

    @the-gipper said:

    Wiggins plus perhaps another player....obviously not Towns or Butler. And/or draft picks.

    In trade talks with the Wolves, the Cavs have requested a package of Andrew Wiggins and "something of substance" in exchange for Kyrie Irving, according to Darren Wolfson of ESPN.

    Unsurprisingly, the Wolves are reportedly not interested in giving up Wiggins plus additional pieces to land Irving. Cleveland's demands have been very high since word leaked that Irving had requested a trade. We shall see if the price drops as the Cavs get closer to training camp. As for Wiggins, it appears he is on the verge of signing a five-year, $148 million contract extension with Minnesota.

  • Carmelo Anthony "only wishes to waive his no-trade clause to go to the Rockets" and is unwilling to accept a trade to Cleveland, according to Marc Berman of the New York Post.



    Once Kyrie Irving requested a trade out of Cleveland, rumors involving Melo and the Cavs began to pick up steam. However, it appears that Anthony still has his heart set on Houston. The issue is the Knicks are not interested in taking back Ryan Anderson as the centerpiece of the package the Rockets are offering. This stalemate may last well into next month, as the Knicks don't have a reason to rush into making an unfavorable trade.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Wiggins plus perhaps another player....obviously not Towns or Butler. And/or draft picks.

    In trade talks with the Wolves, the Cavs have requested a package of Andrew Wiggins and "something of substance" in exchange for Kyrie Irving, according to Darren Wolfson of ESPN.

    Unsurprisingly, the Wolves are reportedly not interested in giving up Wiggins plus additional pieces to land Irving. Cleveland's demands have been very high since word leaked that Irving had requested a trade. We shall see if the price drops as the Cavs get closer to training camp. As for Wiggins, it appears he is on the verge of signing a five-year, $148 million contract extension with Minnesota.

    @stillmotion said:

    In trade talks with the Wolves, the Cavs have requested a package of Andrew Wiggins and "something of substance" in exchange for Kyrie Irving, according to Darren Wolfson of ESPN.

    Unsurprisingly, the Wolves are reportedly not interested in giving up Wiggins plus additional pieces to land Irving. Cleveland's demands have been very high since word leaked that Irving had requested a trade. We shall see if the price drops as the Cavs get closer to training camp. As for Wiggins, it appears he is on the verge of signing a five-year, $148 million contract extension with Minnesota.

    I wouldn't drop that price at all. I would demand more if I were the Cavs. If they don't like the Cavs asking for Wiggins, then how would they like them asking for Towns.