Skip to content

Ship Osweiler?

The Browns Board
109 31 2.9k

  • Ship Osweiler?

    He's currently our best QB.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Cutler blows. Sam Bradford from Vanderbilt. If Miami wants to shit the season away like the Vikings did last season by all means go ahead and sign him up. Cutler is a loser.

    Right now, Garrapolo looks a whole lot better than the motley crew of QBs available. Castronick, Johnny Highball, Cutlet and the rest of the scrubs.

    Musket boooo.Pats are not getting a kings ransom for Jimmy G now. They need him #1. He's free next season #2. Tanny just re-signed till 2021 #3. Cutler wants paid as a #1 starting QB to play for Case(thats not likely to happen either) who cares but boooo...Go Browns!!


  • Ship Osweiler?

    He's currently our best QB.

    @orion said:

    He's currently our best QB.

    That's what it looked like today anyway. Since I don't see them daily like the staff, who knows?

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Cutler would make Sam Bradford look like Arron Rodgers.

    I want what your drinking 😆 LOLLOLLOLLOL..na,hell nau

  • ^^^^^Real Quality content, thanks for always bringing this board up a notch.

    If Tanny is out, Cutler makes way too much sense for them to go any other route. Cutler had arguably his best professional season under Gase and could step in almost immediately and get situated. Hell, I know Cutler is a damn enigma but that might make the Dolphins a team to watch out for.

    @jrb12711 said:

    ^^^^^Real Quality content, thanks for always bringing this board up a notch.

    If Tanny is out, Cutler makes way too much sense for them to go any other route. Cutler had arguably his best professional season under Gase and could step in almost immediately and get situated. Hell, I know Cutler is a damn enigma but that might make the Dolphins a team to watch out for.

    considering that the team has become irfuckingrelevent since the 80s......it takes a pro.

    obviously you are not up to the task young squire.

  • @sdballis said:

    Oz is the $16 million odd man out. If we can ship him for anything and unload his contract, I think our FO does it.

    Agreed.......I dont think people realize we got PAID to take Asspiler......(and his ridiculously huge contract)....

    Anyone who thinks we are getting a high pick(1st-2nd-3rd) is karaaaazy.......No one is paying that high for a a very questionable player with a silly 16m contract......we'll be lucky to get a 4th or 5th and I think they'd take ANYTHING.....even a conditional 2022 7th rounder....

    Look....if we GAVE him away.....we'd still have a 2nd rounder for free......if we took a 7th, then it's 2 picks for free....

    Lets not get greedy.....

    I will say that Asspiler looks better than the others.....in both of the practices Ive attended, as well as tonights scrimmage....

    @mudfly said:

    Agreed.......I dont think people realize we got PAID to take Asspiler......(and his ridiculously huge contract)....

    Anyone who thinks we are getting a high pick(1st-2nd-3rd) is karaaaazy.......No one is paying that high for a a very questionable player with a silly 16m contract......we'll be lucky to get a 4th or 5th and I think they'd take ANYTHING.....even a conditional 2022 7th rounder....

    Look....if we GAVE him away.....we'd still have a 2nd rounder for free......if we took a 7th, then it's 2 picks for free....

    Lets not get greedy.....

    I will say that Asspiler looks better than the others.....in both of the practices Ive attended, as well as tonights scrimmage....

    Exactly Mud. Just because the Texans gifted us a second round pick to take Brock (and his contract) off their hands doesn't mean that's his trade value. far from it.

  • @sdballis said:

    Oz is the $16 million odd man out. If we can ship him for anything and unload his contract, I think our FO does it.

    Agreed.......I dont think people realize we got PAID to take Asspiler......(and his ridiculously huge contract)....

    Anyone who thinks we are getting a high pick(1st-2nd-3rd) is karaaaazy.......No one is paying that high for a a very questionable player with a silly 16m contract......we'll be lucky to get a 4th or 5th and I think they'd take ANYTHING.....even a conditional 2022 7th rounder....

    Look....if we GAVE him away.....we'd still have a 2nd rounder for free......if we took a 7th, then it's 2 picks for free....

    Lets not get greedy.....

    I will say that Asspiler looks better than the others.....in both of the practices Ive attended, as well as tonights scrimmage....

    @mudfly said:

    Agreed.......I dont think people realize we got PAID to take Asspiler......(and his ridiculously huge contract)....

    Anyone who thinks we are getting a high pick(1st-2nd-3rd) is karaaaazy.......No one is paying that high for a a very questionable player with a silly 16m contract......we'll be lucky to get a 4th or 5th and I think they'd take ANYTHING.....even a conditional 2022 7th rounder....

    Look....if we GAVE him away.....we'd still have a 2nd rounder for free......if we took a 7th, then it's 2 picks for free....

    Lets not get greedy.....

    I will say that Asspiler looks better than the others.....in both of the practices Ive attended, as well as tonights scrimmage....

    Glad you're on board now. 🙂

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Wonder if the Dolphins will approach NE about Garrapolo. No way I see them trading JG in the division with his knowledge of the NE offense.

    If Miami came at Cleveland with a 2nd round pick you have to pull the trigger and trade

    Nobody wants Garrcrapollo
  • BO should be the starter, forget about the contract it means absolutely nothing to you and I , people in here act as if they are managing their fantasy salary cap. It's only a 1 yr 16 mil contract paid out of haslem accct. BO has been the best QB in camp since day one.

  • BO should be the starter, forget about the contract it means absolutely nothing to you and I , people in here act as if they are managing their fantasy salary cap. It's only a 1 yr 16 mil contract paid out of haslem accct. BO has been the best QB in camp since day one.

    @topdawg31 said:

    BO should be the starter, forget about the contract it means absolutely nothing to you and I , people in here act as if they are managing their fantasy salary cap. It's only a 1 yr 16 mil contract paid out of haslem accct. BO has been the best QB in camp since day one.

    I suspect that by the time the season starts BO will start, Kizer will get the most playing time as backup, Hogan will be #3 and Kessler will be either gone or on the PS if eligible. Kessler just looks lost compared to the other 3.

  • BO should be the starter, forget about the contract it means absolutely nothing to you and I , people in here act as if they are managing their fantasy salary cap. It's only a 1 yr 16 mil contract paid out of haslem accct. BO has been the best QB in camp since day one.

    @topdawg31 said:

    BO should be the starter, forget about the contract it means absolutely nothing to you and I , people in here act as if they are managing their fantasy salary cap. It's only a 1 yr 16 mil contract paid out of haslem accct. BO has been the best QB in camp since day one.

    Just another early QB "Ship" Topic has sunken to the abyss of Lake BrownsBoard 😆 Could you & MKC please exchange QB notes before she Sinks SS Oz too?..keep the reports coming TopDawg(no wonder we sent our topdawg to camp)..

  • I'm not even sure Mary Kay is even attending camp, Kessler still will not throw the ball more than 5 yrds downfield, kizer is all over the place with his throws and BO just keeps consistent drop them in where the need to be, he does have an occasional WTF pass but not a whole lot of them

  • I'm not even sure Mary Kay is even attending camp, Kessler still will not throw the ball more than 5 yrds downfield, kizer is all over the place with his throws and BO just keeps consistent drop them in where the need to be, he does have an occasional WTF pass but not a whole lot of them

    @topdawg31 said:

    I'm not even sure Mary Kay is even attending camp, Kessler still will not throw the ball more than 5 yrds downfield, kizer is all over the place with his throws and BO just keeps consistent drop them in where the need to be, he does have an occasional WTF pass but not a whole lot of them

    Pretty much microcosms last night's 'game'.

  • Yep....gotta say that I keep hearing how Kizer is threatening to start, but have yet to see any reason why. In practice AND in last nights scrimmage, he appears to immediately telegraph where the ball is going(he locks into his intended rcvr) and his throws do not appear accurate or show much touch.....missed an easy TD last night(for example)....

    Brock "looks" the best....yet has not received any first team reps......Hue says this is because he already knows what we have in Brock and needs to see the other guys.....but we all know that you give first team reps to whomever you plan to start or play.....

    First, I thought we'd dump Brock....then, after seeing him practice, I thought we'd give him a shot at starting.....but now Im going back to thinking we have no plans for him, other than finding him a new home.....

  • Like you said Mud, Hue really doesn't need to see as much of BO, he'll let the other two play BO into the starting position.

  • Here's my issue with that.....(or issuessss)...

    1) Hue can see them all, whether they practice with the first team or the third team.....(period)

    2) It's critical to develop chemistry and timing between QB's, WR's, RB's and the OL.....and NOW is the time to do it.....so, playing your third QB with the ones does nothing except deter team chemistry and development.....(when "right now" is the time to do it)

    3) Last season, it was HUE who said our back ups struggled because they hadnt gotten the opportunity to work with the ones and that their poor performance was mostly due to always practicing with the scout team, etc......so, IF that was the case last year, why work your 2nd and 3rd stringers with the ones now?.....

    So....I dont buy the "we know what we have" deal......if Brock was anywhere near being considered for starter, he'd be getting some 1st team reps.....

    I think we can all agree that he looked the best last night(in real action).....so, it will be interesting to see what this week brings in terms of reps.....

  • After thurs the order should be BO, kizer, Hogan, send Kessler packing you can't fix timid.

  • Here's my issue with that.....(or issuessss)...

    1) Hue can see them all, whether they practice with the first team or the third team.....(period)

    2) It's critical to develop chemistry and timing between QB's, WR's, RB's and the OL.....and NOW is the time to do it.....so, playing your third QB with the ones does nothing except deter team chemistry and development.....(when "right now" is the time to do it)

    3) Last season, it was HUE who said our back ups struggled because they hadnt gotten the opportunity to work with the ones and that their poor performance was mostly due to always practicing with the scout team, etc......so, IF that was the case last year, why work your 2nd and 3rd stringers with the ones now?.....

    So....I dont buy the "we know what we have" deal......if Brock was anywhere near being considered for starter, he'd be getting some 1st team reps.....

    I think we can all agree that he looked the best last night(in real action).....so, it will be interesting to see what this week brings in terms of reps.....

    @mudfly said:

    Here's my issue with that.....(or issuessss)...

    1) Hue can see them all, whether they practice with the first team or the third team.....(period)

    2) It's critical to develop chemistry and timing between QB's, WR's, RB's and the OL.....and NOW is the time to do it.....so, playing your third QB with the ones does nothing except deter team chemistry and development.....(when "right now" is the time to do it)

    3) Last season, it was HUE who said our back ups struggled because they hadnt gotten the opportunity to work with the ones and that their poor performance was mostly due to always practicing with the scout team, etc......so, IF that was the case last year, why work your 2nd and 3rd stringers with the ones now?.....

    So....I dont buy the "we know what we have" deal......if Brock was anywhere near being considered for starter, he'd be getting some 1st team reps.....

    I think we can all agree that he looked the best last night(in real action).....so, it will be interesting to see what this week brings in terms of reps.....

    He looked the best, but he didn't look good.

    You said it yourself, its chemistry. They mentioned during the game that he's had the most reps with the players he played with last night, so of course he's slightly more comfortable.

    What we saw from BO inthat scrimmage is exacerbated by the fact that the other QB's played like dog shit, so of course he looks better by comparison.

    Kizer looked just fine to me for the point we're at right now. He had two very good passes that were dropped by DeValve and Louis, and then he had a few get away from him by a hair. He's clearly going to be our starter.

  • @mudfly said:

    Here's my issue with that.....(or issuessss)...

    1) Hue can see them all, whether they practice with the first team or the third team.....(period)

    2) It's critical to develop chemistry and timing between QB's, WR's, RB's and the OL.....and NOW is the time to do it.....so, playing your third QB with the ones does nothing except deter team chemistry and development.....(when "right now" is the time to do it)

    3) Last season, it was HUE who said our back ups struggled because they hadnt gotten the opportunity to work with the ones and that their poor performance was mostly due to always practicing with the scout team, etc......so, IF that was the case last year, why work your 2nd and 3rd stringers with the ones now?.....

    So....I dont buy the "we know what we have" deal......if Brock was anywhere near being considered for starter, he'd be getting some 1st team reps.....

    I think we can all agree that he looked the best last night(in real action).....so, it will be interesting to see what this week brings in terms of reps.....

    He looked the best, but he didn't look good.

    You said it yourself, its chemistry. They mentioned during the game that he's had the most reps with the players he played with last night, so of course he's slightly more comfortable.

    What we saw from BO inthat scrimmage is exacerbated by the fact that the other QB's played like dog shit, so of course he looks better by comparison.

    Kizer looked just fine to me for the point we're at right now. He had two very good passes that were dropped by DeValve and Louis, and then he had a few get away from him by a hair. He's clearly going to be our starter.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He's clearly going to be our starter.

    I wouldnt be surprised.....which is kind of what Im saying......

    My main thought is that Id prefer the guy who "looks the best" to play.....but thats just me.....if they want to burn another year on development over trying to win, then so be it.....I get that we aint going to the playoffs or anything.....just hate having a team that is not trying(their best) to win now......or starting players who haven't earned the position in camp

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He's clearly going to be our starter.

    I wouldnt be surprised.....which is kind of what Im saying......

    My main thought is that Id prefer the guy who "looks the best" to play.....but thats just me.....if they want to burn another year on development over trying to win, then so be it.....I get that we aint going to the playoffs or anything.....just hate having a team that is not trying(their best) to win now......or starting players who haven't earned the position in camp

    @mudfly said:

    I wouldnt be surprised.....which is kind of what Im saying......

    My main thought is that Id prefer the guy who "looks the best" to play.....but thats just me.....if they want to burn another year on development over trying to win, then so be it.....I get that we aint going to the playoffs or anything.....just hate having a team that is not trying(their best) to win now......or starting players who haven't earned the position in camp

    I take exception to this. IN all honesty starting Ass-oiler is a move antithetical to what the FO has been blabbering about, and that I have been ear fucked with on this board for the past two years.

    Building for the future? Exactly what future is there with Ass-oiler? Why does it even matter if he is playing better than the other guys? Am I to believe that the mystical brass ring we are reaching for extends only to the height of "he looked better than the other guys in camp?" This stupidity, inconsistency and hypocrisy is a big part of why I have grown so bitter towards this team, and in a large part, its fans.

    If I was in Hue Jackson's shoes, I would be asking myself, "what tools are at my disposal to elevate this team and take it to a higher place than it has ever been before?" Starting Ass-Oiler is his answer?

    If I was in Hue Jackson's shoes I would not be building a team around the level Ass-Oiler is playing. I would ask myself, who on this team can mature and play way above the level BO can play? THAT is the guy who gets the start. Deshone Kizer is the only QB the Browns have with unknown upside. He has greater physical skills, and from what I see, the kind of ego, fire and chutzpah to change the dynamics of an entire football team.

    You guys can fucking debate analytics, mechanics and all the other mindless mental masturbation that surrounds the Browns continued low achievement behavior, but win, lose or bust, Deshone Kizer is the only active QB lottery ticket the Browns have. You know it, I know it and the experts know it. The only one who doesn't seem to know it is this dumb cocksucker head coach. There is nothing exciting in the potential offered by these other jackoff QBs. There is no potential wow factor in anyone but Kizer.

    So why engineer a fucking young team around a QB that everyone not in a coma realizes, has absolutely no possibility of being the teams leader a year from now? We have already seen this shitbag of Hogan, Kessler, Ass-Oiler and the pizza delivery guy.

    For the love of Christ, if you spew that you are building for the future, play the only fucking guy you have who represents a possibility of being here in the future. Play Kizer. Start Kizer. Send a message that Kizer is the fucking leader and that EVERYONE needs to help this guy achieve success. Let the goddamned guy fuck up. Let him stink the plact to high heaven. Let him make big plays. Let him learn. See his shortcomings and work with him, develop him.

    I can't even believe that after drafting the kid we are fucking around with a turd because what? We may win a few games more with him?

    Fucking self-deprecating, self-limiting,stupid, idiotic. aim for 3 - 13 logic. Hue Jackson is an incompetent jackoff. What fucking tone is this guy setting?