Skip to content

Be honest, How does everybody feel about Brock as a starter

The Browns Board
120 37 3.9k
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #66

    I figure a quarterback is only super important to the team if he is a franchise quarterback in the top 7 to 10 and the league. Maybe even top five.

    I'd rather have JJ watt then most of the quarterbacks in the league. By far.

    WSS

  • For those thinking Myles will produce more than a franchise QB will, compare Myles game to the #30 overall pick TJ Watt. His stats in his debut make Myles look like a bust.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @topdawg31 said:

    For those thinking Myles will produce more than a franchise QB will, compare Myles game to the #30 overall pick TJ Watt. His stats in his debut make Myles look like a bust.

    Oh I think by the time his career ends you'll be happy he was here. One preseason game does not define you, but TJ is a very good player.

  • For those thinking Myles will produce more than a franchise QB will, compare Myles game to the #30 overall pick TJ Watt. His stats in his debut make Myles look like a bust.

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #68

    @topdawg31 said:

    compare Myles game to the #30 overall pick TJ Watt. His stats in his debut make Myles look like a bust.

    TJ watt had 2 plays on Future Hall of Famer Josh Johnson.. One sack he was unblocked and the other Josh walked into TJ's otherwise-shut-down arms. Aside from those 2 plays, Ereck Flowers stoned Watt..

    So.. TJ getting blocked by one player while Myles receiving a double-team all night is.. looking like a bust?

  • For those thinking Myles will produce more than a franchise QB will, compare Myles game to the #30 overall pick TJ Watt. His stats in his debut make Myles look like a bust.

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @topdawg31 said:

    For those thinking Myles will produce more than a franchise QB will, compare Myles game to the #30 overall pick TJ Watt. His stats in his debut make Myles look like a bust.

    Compare Myles to Trubisky.....the BEST player in the past 5 NFL drafts. THe Browns FO is puking in their own Bush.

    Garrett looked.................... yawn...........................so very average. Nothing remarkable.

  • @mudfly said:

    Yep....lots of them too.....Britt, Hall and Boyce all had blatant ones......and there was a complete lack of winning balls or great catches, which is the job of quality receivers....

    QB's are not always afforded the ease of hitting wide open receivers....so it's the QB's job to just get the ball close enough for the WR to go get it.....and to place it where the other guy cant get it......Our WR's dont appear to know how to win their part of that equation....

    What do you want Mud, pro receivers too? 😆

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @texasag1969 said:

    What do you want Mud, pro receivers too? 😆

    yep.....

  • I figure a quarterback is only super important to the team if he is a franchise quarterback in the top 7 to 10 and the league. Maybe even top five.

    I'd rather have JJ watt then most of the quarterbacks in the league. By far.

    WSS

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #71

    @westside-steve said:

    I figure a quarterback is only super important to the team if he is a franchise quarterback in the top 7 to 10 and the league. Maybe even top five.

    I'd rather have JJ watt than most of the quarterbacks in the league. By far.

    WSS

    Edit
  • @topdawg31 said:

    compare Myles game to the #30 overall pick TJ Watt. His stats in his debut make Myles look like a bust.

    TJ watt had 2 plays on Future Hall of Famer Josh Johnson.. One sack he was unblocked and the other Josh walked into TJ's otherwise-shut-down arms. Aside from those 2 plays, Ereck Flowers stoned Watt..

    So.. TJ getting blocked by one player while Myles receiving a double-team all night is.. looking like a bust?

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @unsympathetic said:

    TJ watt had 2 plays on Future Hall of Famer Josh Johnson.. One sack he was unblocked and the other Josh walked into TJ's otherwise-shut-down arms. Aside from those 2 plays, Ereck Flowers stoned Watt..

    So.. TJ getting blocked by one player while Myles receiving a double-team all night is.. looking like a bust?

    The preseason is full of scrubs everywhere, as you pointed out, myles double teamed and nobody else shined, that's gonna be alot of fun to watch. That will be the case all season long.
  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #73

    http://espn.com/blog/cleveland//post/_/id/3658 maybe? but who starts preseason game 3 should be telling..Brock even in Denver seemed "to Jacked-up" & nothing has changed imo..If you ever played, when the lights come on,some do over-grip it losing touch on ball..QB coach David Lee may have found something here in Brock? Not sure it's fixable watching him in Houston either. Unless the pressure of O'Brien made it worse?

  • @topdawg31 said:

    For those thinking Myles will produce more than a franchise QB will, compare Myles game to the #30 overall pick TJ Watt. His stats in his debut make Myles look like a bust.

    Compare Myles to Trubisky.....the BEST player in the past 5 NFL drafts. THe Browns FO is puking in their own Bush.

    Garrett looked.................... yawn...........................so very average. Nothing remarkable.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @ghoolie said:

    Compare Myles to Trubisky.....the BEST player in the past 5 NFL drafts. THe Browns FO is puking in their own Bush.

    Garrett looked.................... yawn...........................so very average. Nothing remarkable.

    And then I keep remembering this about him.. He clearly does not want to be here....

  • @ghoolie said:

    Compare Myles to Trubisky.....the BEST player in the past 5 NFL drafts. THe Browns FO is puking in their own Bush.

    Garrett looked.................... yawn...........................so very average. Nothing remarkable.

    And then I keep remembering this about him.. He clearly does not want to be here....

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #75

    @nickers said:

    And then I keep remembering this about him.. He clearly does not want to be here....

    If you really believe that shit why don't you just go to Berea and ask him directly whether he really wants to be a Brown. I've heard him talk very favorably in comparing the passion of Browns football fans to the same passion he experienced from Aggie football fans. I think he feels very much at home with the Browns.

  • @nickers said:

    And then I keep remembering this about him.. He clearly does not want to be here....

    If you really believe that shit why don't you just go to Berea and ask him directly whether he really wants to be a Brown. I've heard him talk very favorably in comparing the passion of Browns football fans to the same passion he experienced from Aggie football fans. I think he feels very much at home with the Browns.

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @texasag1969 said:

    If you really believe that shit why don't you just go to Berea and ask him directly whether he really wants to be a Brown. I've heard him talk very favorably in comparing the passion of Browns football fans to the same passion he experienced from Aggie football fans. I think he feels very much at home with the Browns.

    Don't be a fucking moron. He isn't going to tell the Browns fans or anyone else what he really thinks. His agent, parents and everyone else jumped right on him after the video to retract what he said.

    I suppose you would be surprised to hear FLugel say he loved his wife at their family reunion, too? LMAO.

  • @ghoolie said:

    Compare Myles to Trubisky.....the BEST player in the past 5 NFL drafts. THe Browns FO is puking in their own Bush.

    Garrett looked.................... yawn...........................so very average. Nothing remarkable.

    And then I keep remembering this about him.. He clearly does not want to be here....

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @nickers said:

    And then I keep remembering this about him.. He clearly does not want to be here....

    This guy is a fucking loser. One tackle, in which the RB came to him. Cleveland has blown another draft pick. This guy isn't even as physical as Courtney Brown.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #78

    Let's just say it's up to him and Greg Williams but he should be the odds-on favorite for Rookie of the Year.

    WSS

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #79

    I really do think the trend of starting a rookie QB and letting him take his lumps is probably the best way to grow and evaluate a young talent, but here's the thing: Our first game is against the freaking Steelers in Cleveland. Do you REALLY want to start a rookie QB in front of the home crowd against a team that has perpetually DOMINATED us? I mean, I don't think that's the best option. The Steelers record against us combined with our opening season record means we're going to get completely butt-surfed. I'm one of the most optimistic people on this board, but even I can't come up with a scenario that doesn't have us losing by less than 20 points. I think we have a week 8 or 9 bye...how about starting Brock for those games before the bye, and then starting Kizer afterwards? Is that too late? I'm not sure, but the idea of starting Kizer against the Steelers and then the Ravens doesn't exactly excite me.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #80

    What's the over/under for the number of games before Ghoolie claims his Garrett rants were all just conversation promoters? That he knew Garrett was going to be be great?

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #81

    Brock Osweiler is a playoff-caliber quarterback. If he starts and wins I'm glad to hear it. If he starts and sucks and Kizer or Kessler win I'm fine with that too.

    WSS

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #82

    Honestly the feeling I get thinking about Brock as the starter is similar to the feeling eating week old sushi would give me

  • What's the over/under for the number of games before Ghoolie claims his Garrett rants were all just conversation promoters? That he knew Garrett was going to be be great?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @tour2ma said:

    What's the over/under for the number of games before Ghoolie claims his Garrett rants were all just conversation promoters? That he knew Garrett was going to be be great?

    LOL! "I was just trolling for grins. I knew he was gonna get 13 sacks his rookie year."-Ghoolie Jan 2018 😆

  • You want honesty: Yours is a Stupid attitude. Why don't you wait and see how he plays before you make any foolish judgments. WTF else does this team have that is proven to be better? Not a fucking thing. He may suck...so be it. He may be great...so be it. But give it a chance.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @the-gipper said:

    You want honesty: Yours is a Stupid attitude. Why don't you wait and see how he plays before you make any foolish judgments. WTF else does this team have that is proven to be better? Not a fucking thing. He may suck...so be it. He may be great...so be it. But give it a chance.

    i have to go with med man.....if he was so great, elway would have worked something out...i got to go with elway also..he's a hall of famer and a pretty fucking good gm. It would be nice to see him do well, but i sure would not fucking bet a dime on it...

  • He might look better if Joe Thomas plays instead of our O line mistake Cam Erving.

    Sabotage?

    WSS

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @westside-steve said:

    He might look better if Joe Thomas plays instead of our O line mistake Cam Erving.

    Sabotage?

    WSS

    honestly, i am so sick of this fucked up organization that i have not been keeping up, but you say cam erving is still with this team...are you fucking kidding me...guess there is a pretty damn good fucking reason i have not been keeping up the clowns..