***Official Browns Vs. New York Giants Monday Night Football Preseason Game Night Thread***
-
how does Garrett look "overrated"? I'm not sure I saw him get stopped in his tracks one time yesterday. He's taking the shortest corner to the QB than of our 2nd and 3rd year pass rushers. And he's not getting moved blown around in the run game. So for "game number 2" of his career....not too fucking shabby.
how does Garrett look "overrated"? I'm not sure I saw him get stopped in his tracks one time yesterday. He's taking the shortest corner to the QB than of our 2nd and 3rd year pass rushers. And he's not getting moved blown around in the run game. So for "game number 2" of his career....not too fucking shabby.
He looks adequate so far, but nowhere near what the Cleveland press reported during camp..... Didn't say bust, just said overrated - so far.
Time will tell if he is the next Bruce Smith or Courtney Brown.
-
Actually, I think he was the #30 RB taken....which I think is why he chose to wear uniform #30....to remind him. Isn't that sorta what Brady did with #12...he was like the #12 QB taken the year he was drafted? Or something like that.
F Brady
..Dayes wears #27..Heard on radio Dayes was 29th RB off the board..Well they wrong.. He went 26th..Duke Johnson won't give up #29 but he can have it..Who's wearing #26..give it up..https//www.espn.com/nfl/draft/positions/_/position/rb
-
how does Garrett look "overrated"? I'm not sure I saw him get stopped in his tracks one time yesterday. He's taking the shortest corner to the QB than of our 2nd and 3rd year pass rushers. And he's not getting moved blown around in the run game. So for "game number 2" of his career....not too fucking shabby.
He looks adequate so far, but nowhere near what the Cleveland press reported during camp..... Didn't say bust, just said overrated - so far.
Time will tell if he is the next Bruce Smith or Courtney Brown.
He looks adequate so far, but nowhere near what the Cleveland press reported during camp..... Didn't say bust, just said overrated - so far.
Time will tell if he is the next Bruce Smith or Courtney Brown.
And here is someone who agrees with exactly what I said during and after the game. Flowers was holding/bulldogging by the neck every damn play. They didn't call it so he kept right on doing it.
-
Who was wearing #30?
#30 Kindred..#31 is Wilds?.. #26 Marcus Burley..give it up to Dayes.. Brantley, nothing in the books..but kept LB's clean to make tackle & turned many plays the other way..The other LB they like to replace Tank is James Burgess..3 solo tackles lastnite..
-
Nice article on grading the defense.
-
Here's my random mumblings...
-Man, the defense may not end being top 10 but there's so much more talent and depth out there. It's so refreshing to see guys do the little things right like make form tackles, line up correctly, etc. There's obviously room for improvement but I'm pleasantly surprised.
-Dayes looks like one of those steals of the draft. He looked like a season pro out there, made some excellent cuts.
-We won. Seriously, I know it doesn't count but let these guys get the feeling of winning is such a nice change of pace.
-Brock Osweiler is Brandon Weeden 2.0. This guy beyond sucks, and it shows in his previous and current tape. If they truly don't feel Kizer is ready, Kessler brings more to the table than Osweiler does. Seriously, this guy just doesn't fucking have it. Kessler with a strong run game and some PAP is a much better option than this bum.
-I'm not worried about all the penalties on the OL. I'm hopeful this Saturday all the starters can play at least a bit.
-I have to admit, I'm getting tired of all the gimmick formations. I feel like it never fools the defense and only causes miscues on the offense. Once or twice, fine. But seriously, this 10+ times a game isn't working. Hopefully this is a feeling out process though.
-I'm not worried about all the penalties on the OL. I'm hopeful this Saturday all the starters can play at least a bit.
Agree... I want to see Joe out there alongside Bito, who supposedly is now moving around well. 1st team OL for at least one quarter.
And here is someone who agrees with exactly what I said during and after the game. Flowers was holding/bulldogging by the neck every damn play. They didn't call it so he kept right on doing it. http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/giants-ereck-flowers-holds-own-against-myles-garrett-1.14081619
Myles needs lessons in drawing attention to the holds... flailing arms is one solid technique.
-
They'll call that shit in season. Im not worried about myles. In 2 games he's shown a greater repertoire of inside/outside moves and an ability to piwer through a tackles outside shoulder, than our other two 2nd year players.
what im concerned about are teams double teaming garrett and no one on the other side to make them pay for it
-
He looks adequate so far, but nowhere near what the Cleveland press reported during camp..... Didn't say bust, just said overrated - so far.
Time will tell if he is the next Bruce Smith or Courtney Brown.
And here is someone who agrees with exactly what I said during and after the game. Flowers was holding/bulldogging by the neck every damn play. They didn't call it so he kept right on doing it.
And here is someone who agrees with exactly what I said during and after the game. Flowers was holding/bulldogging by the neck every damn play. They didn't call it so he kept right on doing it.
EXACTLY. Flowers was desperately grabbing Garrett by the shoulder, etc, trying desperately to slow him down. No calls. I couldn't
believe it. He was nearly tackling Garrett, and no freaking holding calls? that just doesn't sit well with me. I don't get it.
-
And here is someone who agrees with exactly what I said during and after the game. Flowers was holding/bulldogging by the neck every damn play. They didn't call it so he kept right on doing it.
EXACTLY. Flowers was desperately grabbing Garrett by the shoulder, etc, trying desperately to slow him down. No calls. I couldn't
believe it. He was nearly tackling Garrett, and no freaking holding calls? that just doesn't sit well with me. I don't get it.
EXACTLY. Flowers was desperately grabbing Garrett by the shoulder, etc, trying desperately to slow him down. No calls. I couldn't
believe it. He was nearly tackling Garrett, and no freaking holding calls? that just doesn't sit well with me. I don't get it.
I became so used to that way of handling him in the SEC, I thought it had become normalized to the NFL as well. Coaches are going to have to work on refs before play even starts by showing videos on their iphones about the measures desperate OTs are taking with him regularly. And Myles is so used to it he just does not complain. That hands to the face you see in the article got even worse as that play progressed and it wasn't called either.
-
-
how does Garrett look "overrated"? I'm not sure I saw him get stopped in his tracks one time yesterday. He's taking the shortest corner to the QB than of our 2nd and 3rd year pass rushers. And he's not getting moved blown around in the run game. So for "game number 2" of his career....not too fucking shabby.
He looks adequate so far, but nowhere near what the Cleveland press reported during camp..... Didn't say bust, just said overrated - so far.
Time will tell if he is the next Bruce Smith or Courtney Brown.
-
Still called Joey Bosa "average".
.... just throwin' that out there.
Hopefully Garrett is a stud, and really he has to be with all of the accolades of being a once in a decade talent and being the #1 pick, anything else is a bust.
As for Bosa, yea he's better than average.... he's adequate.
-
Still called Joey Bosa "average".
.... just throwin' that out there.
Hopefully Garrett is a stud, and really he has to be with all of the accolades of being a once in a decade talent and being the #1 pick, anything else is a bust.
As for Bosa, yea he's better than average.... he's adequate.
-
Yes it was!!


Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login