Honest no fanboy discussion about our front 7
-
Hahahaha. Sez the guy who pronounced Pac-Man Lynch as the second coming in Denver. You know- the guy who can't beat out Trevor Semen for the starting job? You know- the guy who's so cock sure Garrett is already a bust after 3 preseason games, when it took another #1 overall pick (Clowney) three seasons to reach his full potential?
I'll sure as hell trust HOFer Bruce Smith's opinion of Myles over yours. So don't give me some BS spew that Lynch "needs more time" when you're proclaining Garrett to be a bust after 3 preseason games. BTW, Hue is still coaching the Browns Nostradamus.
I never said Lynch needs more time. I said, you don't have anything to judge him on. If he busts, he busts. I am not often wrong, but we will see. I would be more worried about the Steelers sending Kizer along the RGIII path in a few weeks.
I never said Lynch needs more time. I said, you don't have anything to judge him on. If he busts, he busts. I am not often wrong, but we will see. I would be more worried about the Steelers sending Kizer along the RGIII path in a few weeks.
What? Less than 10 days ago were adamant Hue was a jack off because he wasn't starting Kizer !?
-
I never said Lynch needs more time. I said, you don't have anything to judge him on. If he busts, he busts. I am not often wrong, but we will see. I would be more worried about the Steelers sending Kizer along the RGIII path in a few weeks.
What? Less than 10 days ago were adamant Hue was a jack off because he wasn't starting Kizer !?
What? Less than 10 days ago were adamant Hue was a jack off because he wasn't starting Kizer !?
Ghoolie changes direction like the wind. We have him painted in a corner with his opinion on Lynch. "Can't be evaluated yet" after one full season, but Garrett's a bust before the season starts. ?
-
Really gip?
Really gip?
Really what? The Browns OL will be one of the best...talentwise in the league. Everyone has said so. They just have to play up to their talent.
-
Really gip?
Really what? The Browns OL will be one of the best...talentwise in the league. Everyone has said so. They just have to play up to their talent.
Really what? The Browns OL will be one of the best...talentwise in the league. Everyone has said so. They just have to play up to their talent.
All in all they protected fairly well in the Tampa game. But I want to see better running lanes opened in future games so we have some balance.
-
@boo-fagley said:
2nd round pick Kizer sitting and the first pick in the draft sitting, is not the same. Some wanted Tribsky instead of Garret.
Kizer beat out Oiswieller, Tribsky could not beat out Glennon.
Or...as I said, its a case of the Bears wanting to bring MT along slowly...to give him some time to sit and learn.....which is usually the way of things.
-
-
Usually? Not in the recent history of Top 2 picks.
Yes, but didn't Goff sit for a while? (We may have dodged a bullet there.) MHO is Hue's qb eye is 1\2 blind, I just hope Kizer was mostly Sashi & DePo's idea. BTW Wentz only started because of an injury. Bradford got traded to recoup a first round pick.
-
2016:
- Goff did sit, but because he had real issues adapting to play calling and getting under Center. So that's one...
- Wentz flat won the job. He made Bradford expendable plus Philly still had Chase Daniels as backup.
2015: Both Winston and Mariotta started.
2014: Bortles (a #3) started.
2012: Both Luck and Griffin started.
2011: Newton started.
2010: Bradford started.
2009: Stafford started.
I think that pretty much covers recent history of 1's and 2's.... and a #3...
-
-
Usually? Not in the recent history of Top 2 picks.
Yes, but didn't Goff sit for a while? (We may have dodged a bullet there.) MHO is Hue's qb eye is 1\2 blind, I just hope Kizer was mostly Sashi & DePo's idea. BTW Wentz only started because of an injury. Bradford got traded to recoup a first round pick.
-
Be very surprised, "analytically" Kizer didnt make the grade. Think he was more the eye test as when he flashed he looked very very good.
I'll take that bet for a pint...
I think both went hand-in-hand over two seasons... and then into The Combine.
First there's his 2015 data which better matched that season's eye results. Then I think his 2016 results can be adjusted in light of the decline in the team around him... something which can be quantified.
Analytically I think his biggest deficiency was his release time/ the length of his throwing motion. And it was this that he worked hardest on addressing during his pre-draft training... or at least was most successful addressing. If there's a key to the possibility of him being a 2nd round steal, it is his improvement in this area.
-
2016:
- Goff did sit, but because he had real issues adapting to play calling and getting under Center. So that's one...
- Wentz flat won the job. He made Bradford expendable plus Philly still had Chase Daniels as backup.
2015: Both Winston and Mariotta started.
2014: Bortles (a #3) started.
2012: Both Luck and Griffin started.
2011: Newton started.
2010: Bradford started.
2009: Stafford started.
I think that pretty much covers recent history of 1's and 2's.... and a #3...
2016:
- Goff did sit, but because he had real issues adapting to play calling and getting under Center. So that's one...
- Wentz flat won the job. He made Bradford expendable plus Philly still had Chase Daniels as backup.
2015: Both Winston and Mariotta started.
2014: Bortles (a #3) started.
2012: Both Luck and Griffin started.
2011: Newton started.
2010: Bradford started.
2009: Stafford started.
I think that pretty much covers recent history of 1's and 2's.... and a #3...
My you have really been able to block out that #22 overall in 2014. PTSD?

-
Be very surprised, "analytically" Kizer didnt make the grade. Think he was more the eye test as when he flashed he looked very very good.
I'll take that bet for a pint...
I think both went hand-in-hand over two seasons... and then into The Combine.
First there's his 2015 data which better matched that season's eye results. Then I think his 2016 results can be adjusted in light of the decline in the team around him... something which can be quantified.
Analytically I think his biggest deficiency was his release time/ the length of his throwing motion. And it was this that he worked hardest on addressing during his pre-draft training... or at least was most successful addressing. If there's a key to the possibility of him being a 2nd round steal, it is his improvement in this area.
I'll take that bet for a pint...
I think both went hand-in-hand over two seasons... and then into The Combine.
First there's his 2015 data which better matched that season's eye results. Then I think his 2016 results can be adjusted in light of the decline in the team around him... something which can be quantified.
Analytically I think his biggest deficiency was his release time/ the length of his throwing motion. And it was this that he worked hardest on addressing during his pre-draft training... or at least was most successful addressing. If there's a key to the possibility of him being a 2nd round steal, it is his improvement in this area.
Pint it is

Analytics guide I had pre draft, what you said were his analytical issues are just eye test, analytics is success against historical data
-
-
2016:
- Goff did sit, but because he had real issues adapting to play calling and getting under Center. So that's one...
- Wentz flat won the job. He made Bradford expendable plus Philly still had Chase Daniels as backup.
2015: Both Winston and Mariotta started.
2014: Bortles (a #3) started.
2012: Both Luck and Griffin started.
2011: Newton started.
2010: Bradford started.
2009: Stafford started.
I think that pretty much covers recent history of 1's and 2's.... and a #3...
My you have really been able to block out that #22 overall in 2014. PTSD?

My you have really been able to block out that #22 overall in 2014. PTSD?

We were just talking about QBs picked in the top 5 or so Ag.
Three QBs with the #22 pick- three flops. If we ever end up there again- I say trade out of it.
Interesting results, but I don't see anything about evaluating the talent around him... that said, I'll buy.
It is interesting that his Ideal Scheme is Coryell... emphasis on vertical game is one thing it has in common with Hue.
Ha my "Eye Test" analysis of Kizer jives with that bottom line rating of his potential London posted. I absolutely hated the pick, and if you remember- I was pretty vocal about it. Didn't like at all anything I saw of him at Notre Dame. I hope he proves me wrong, I'm tired of the QB revolving door- but if Deshone bombs- it's "Suck for Sam". Though I think at this point the Jets are playing that game.
-
How does pff say our o line is 2nd best when the d line has approx x100 talent?
-
What? Less than 10 days ago were adamant Hue was a jack off because he wasn't starting Kizer !?
Ghoolie changes direction like the wind. We have him painted in a corner with his opinion on Lynch. "Can't be evaluated yet" after one full season, but Garrett's a bust before the season starts. ?
Ghoolie changes direction like the wind. We have him painted in a corner with his opinion on Lynch. "Can't be evaluated yet" after one full season, but Garrett's a bust before the season starts. ?
I NEVER changed direction. YOu want me to credit Hue for having to learn what I told everyone on draft day? Hue IS a jackoff. I never said Kizer is the answer. What I said was, he is the ONLY QB who has the potential to be the answer, the franchise guy. This isn't about endorsing Kizer, it is about this fuck off organization not knowking how to make the right call from the beginning.
Look, you Clevtards, The entire Browns organization is doing NOW, after wasting how many weeks, what I said they should be doing from day one. Indstead of sending a strong message from DAY ONE....................... Kizer is our guy.................. Hue instead says.................... Kizer is our guy because the fuck holes I started looked like shit............ just like Ghoolie told us.
-
I never said Lynch needs more time. I said, you don't have anything to judge him on. If he busts, he busts. I am not often wrong, but we will see. I would be more worried about the Steelers sending Kizer along the RGIII path in a few weeks.
What? Less than 10 days ago were adamant Hue was a jack off because he wasn't starting Kizer !?
What? Less than 10 days ago were adamant Hue was a jack off because he wasn't starting Kizer !?
Yes, you limey train-puller. Hue IS a jackoff. What fucking part of the English language turns you brain into shit? Follow along, I will type S L O W L Y for you...........
1) I don't believe Kizer is worth a good shit
2) Kizer is STILL better than anyone else we have
3) Only Kizer has skills that COULD make me eat crow and develop into a franchise QB
4) I said it from before training camp, Kizer needs to be introduced as THE GUY...................... from day one................... Instead? We introduce him AFTER the garbage ahead of him played like the shit they are.
SO now, we have the last game of preseason and Kizer has how much experience with the first team.?
HUE needs to be fired, He is a failure. A Jackoff.
-
@boo-fagley said:
How can experts even form an opinion on this latest draft after only 3 pre season games let alone someone with 30 years experience watching football on TV?
Its also plausible that Williams is holding Garret back somewhat. Turn him loose on Pittsburgh then see what he brings to the table.
Ive lost all faith in Ghoolie and his predictions. Appears that Tribsky will lose the starting job to Glennon. I just found out about another of his favorites Paxton Lynch. He tells me that Brady is finished.
OH shit..................... I forgot that one.................... The whole NFL is against poor Myles Garrett and the refs are allowing him to be held.
AHHHHHh...... that explains why the fucking guy is making no impact or sacks. Garrett B L O W S
-
What? Less than 10 days ago were adamant Hue was a jack off because he wasn't starting Kizer !?
Yes, you limey train-puller. Hue IS a jackoff. What fucking part of the English language turns you brain into shit? Follow along, I will type S L O W L Y for you...........
1) I don't believe Kizer is worth a good shit
2) Kizer is STILL better than anyone else we have
3) Only Kizer has skills that COULD make me eat crow and develop into a franchise QB
4) I said it from before training camp, Kizer needs to be introduced as THE GUY...................... from day one................... Instead? We introduce him AFTER the garbage ahead of him played like the shit they are.
SO now, we have the last game of preseason and Kizer has how much experience with the first team.?
HUE needs to be fired, He is a failure. A Jackoff.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login