Skip to content

Haden ....RELEASED

The Browns Board
227 57 6.5k
  • If we can get a starting wr out of the deal, f it. Haden has been broken for a while, and when he is on the field , he gets smoked for 3 hours like a rack of ribs.

  • Damn. Haden has been my favorite player for years. But honestly he hasn't been all pro anything in years. I hate to say it but if we can pick up a legit receiver. I'd be alright with this. But I can't see it happening. 

  • Not surprised here at all.....Good dude, who's best football is behind him. 

  • I think his biggest problem is he's been hurt one way or another the past few Seasons.

    Still a good Player, but he's starting to accumulate injuries.

  • I wish Haden was good again rather than being potentially dealt.  Love the guy and the ideal scenario would be to have the Haden of a few years ago still on the team.

    I don't think you COULD trade him now if you wanted.

  • Debate seems to be whether Joe is the 3rd or 4th best CB on our roster. But this is the last year that he is uber-expensive to part with... so I doubt he goes anywhere now.

  • I think we might be trying to trade him for a receiver.

  • Uhmm....that is all fine well and good...if you think Joe isn't much up to snuff anymore.

    But...here is the problem:  who the fuck do the Browns have to replace him that is better?   McCourty? Boddy-Calhoun?  Channing Stribling?

    Browns did NOT invest any draft picks in CB.  They picked up a couple of FAs and a  UDFA in    Stribling.

    Again, tell me who is going to be the starter if he goes, and who will play nickel, etc. 

  • Uhmm....that is all fine well and good...if you think Joe isn't much up to snuff anymore.

    But...here is the problem:  who the fuck do the Browns have to replace him that is better?   McCourty? Boddy-Calhoun?  Channing Stribling?

    Browns did NOT invest any draft picks in CB.  They picked up a couple of FAs and a  UDFA in    Stribling.

    Again, tell me who is going to be the starter if he goes, and who will play nickel, etc. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Uhmm....that is all fine well and good...if you think Joe isn't much up to snuff anymore.

    But...here is the problem:  who the fuck do the Browns have to replace him that is better?   McCourty? Boddy-Calhoun?  Channing Stribling?

    Browns did NOT invest any draft picks in CB.  They picked up a couple of FAs and a  UDFA in    Stribling.

    Again, tell me who is going to be the starter if he goes, and who will play nickel, etc. 

    I agree we don't have a lot of depth there, I would rather hold on to Haden this year and then take the cap hit next year if we decide to release him.

  • Boddy-Calhoun is better from what I have seen this preseason.

    Zombo

  • At this point, Joe is only out there because of his name. I'm sure one of the young, cheaper dudes will do just as well. 

  • Uhmm....that is all fine well and good...if you think Joe isn't much up to snuff anymore.

    But...here is the problem:  who the fuck do the Browns have to replace him that is better?   McCourty? Boddy-Calhoun?  Channing Stribling?

    Browns did NOT invest any draft picks in CB.  They picked up a couple of FAs and a  UDFA in    Stribling.

    Again, tell me who is going to be the starter if he goes, and who will play nickel, etc. 

    @the-gipper said:

    But...here is the problem:  who the fuck do the Browns have to replace him that is better?   McCourty? Boddy-Calhoun?  Channing Stribling?

    Browns did NOT invest any draft picks in CB.  They picked up a couple of FAs and a  UDFA in    Stribling.

    Again, tell me who is going to be the starter if he goes, and who will play nickel, etc. 

    Pretty much a consensus that Taylor and McCourty have outplayed Haden, and opinions are split on who is better between Joe and BBC.

    And we drafted Wilson out of UH who cracked his knee cap in camp.

  • I can appreciate that Haden bleeds orange and brown and has been an admirable cheerleader for the team.. But clearly.. His best days are behind him.. Good luck, Joe!

  • Boddy-Calhoun is better from what I have seen this preseason.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Boddy-Calhoun is better from what I have seen this preseason.

    Zombo

    So, you put him in as starter.....then what about nickel and backup?   Waiver wire disjecta membra?

  • @the-gipper said:

    But...here is the problem:  who the fuck do the Browns have to replace him that is better?   McCourty? Boddy-Calhoun?  Channing Stribling?

    Browns did NOT invest any draft picks in CB.  They picked up a couple of FAs and a  UDFA in    Stribling.

    Again, tell me who is going to be the starter if he goes, and who will play nickel, etc. 

    Pretty much a consensus that Taylor and McCourty have outplayed Haden, and opinions are split on who is better between Joe and BBC.

    And we drafted Wilson out of UH who cracked his knee cap in camp.

    @tour2ma said:

    Pretty much a consensus that Taylor and McCourty have outplayed Haden, and opinions are split on who is better between Joe and BBC.

    And we drafted Wilson out of UH who cracked his knee cap in camp.

    Wilson is listed a like 5th string...and not a factor currently.  (maybe some time in the far future?).

  • So.....LB Cam Johnson and S Ed Reynolds also shown the door apparently:  From ESPN:

    Also Tuesday, the Browns terminated the contract of defensive lineman Cam Johnson and waived defensive back Ed Reynolds II with an injury designation. Both players suffered knee injuries in camp.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Pretty much a consensus that Taylor and McCourty have outplayed Haden, and opinions are split on who is better between Joe and BBC.

    And we drafted Wilson out of UH who cracked his knee cap in camp.

    Wilson is listed a like 5th string...and not a factor currently.  (maybe some time in the far future?).

    @the-gipper said:

    Wilson is listed a like 5th string...and not a factor currently.  (maybe some time in the far future?).

    Simply reflects that he's hurt... same as Bito and Danny currently being at the ass end of the LG and NT lines.

    I was very happy to see Wilson's name on one of our cards on Draft-day. I thought he has a shot to be a good one... still do. Hope to see him later this year.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Wilson is listed a like 5th string...and not a factor currently.  (maybe some time in the far future?).

    Simply reflects that he's hurt... same as Bito and Danny currently being at the ass end of the LG and NT lines.

    I was very happy to see Wilson's name on one of our cards on Draft-day. I thought he has a shot to be a good one... still do. Hope to see him later this year.

    @tour2ma said:

    Simply reflects that he's hurt... same as Bito and Danny currently being at the ass end of the LG and NT lines.

    I was very happy to see Wilson's name on one of our cards on Draft-day. I thought he has a shot to be a good one... still do. Hope to see him later this year.

    Difference is that Bito and Shelton have somewhat proven themselves in the NFL.  No such thing with Wilson.   That said, what is his prognosis? Injury list the entire season?  Or does he have a chance to get in there perhaps?