Haden ....RELEASED
-
Steelers are signing him as per Schefter .......that's just great

I guess Joe's "love for Cleveland" would have to be questioned now. I suspect that a number of suitors may have been out there on him....but if he signs with those asswipes....well, he will have just given a big "Fuck You" to the Browns fans that supported him. Anywhere but there would have been OK.
I guess Joe's "love for Cleveland" would have to be questioned now. I suspect that a number of suitors may have been out there on him....but if he signs with those asswipes....well, he will have just given a big "Fuck You" to the Browns fans that supported him. Anywhere but there would have been OK.
I for one won't hold it against him if he signs with the Steelers. They may be the only contender showing interest. There aren't many that have significant need at CB.
Lesser factor, but there is also the "intel factor"... Williams' D is going to be new to the AFCN.
-
-
Haden was a good player, and it appears that age and injuries caught up with him.
My question to the Browns FO would be, what the hell is Cam "The Turnstile" Erving still doing on the roster?
Haden age? I'd sure like to be 28 again. ? But "The Turnstile"? I agree- a great mystery. He can't possibly have graded out higher than Joe. Maybe Sashi is getting nibbles on the trade market, though I can't see how. I'll be shocked if he's still on the roster Sunday.
Haden age? I'd sure like to be 28 again. ? But "The Turnstile"? I agree- a great mystery. He can't possibly have graded out higher than Joe. Maybe Sashi is getting nibbles on the trade market, though I can't see how. I'll be shocked if he's still on the roster Sunday.
I sure would love to be 28 again, but CB's in the NFL don't age gracefully.
-
Hasn't cleared waivers yet.
When cut, he became an immediate FA.
-
Haden was a good player, and it appears that age and injuries caught up with him.
My question to the Browns FO would be, what the hell is Cam "The Turnstile" Erving still doing on the roster?
Haden age? I'd sure like to be 28 again. ? But "The Turnstile"? I agree- a great mystery. He can't possibly have graded out higher than Joe. Maybe Sashi is getting nibbles on the trade market, though I can't see how. I'll be shocked if he's still on the roster Sunday.
Haden age? I'd sure like to be 28 again. ? But "The Turnstile"? I agree- a great mystery. He can't possibly have graded out higher than Joe. Maybe Sashi is getting nibbles on the trade market, though I can't see how. I'll be shocked if he's still on the roster Sunday.
Word is they are also shopping the Turnstile. My guess is they cut Haden now as a courtesy to let him land with another team. Erving is young so they probably think they might still be able to con someone into trading for him. I won't be surprised if he is cut sometime between now and the regular season.
I'm a bit sad, especially since I bought a Haden jersey a couple of years ago, but I understand the decision.
-
I guess Joe's "love for Cleveland" would have to be questioned now. I suspect that a number of suitors may have been out there on him....but if he signs with those asswipes....well, he will have just given a big "Fuck You" to the Browns fans that supported him. Anywhere but there would have been OK.
I for one won't hold it against him if he signs with the Steelers. They may be the only contender showing interest. There aren't many that have significant need at CB.
Lesser factor, but there is also the "intel factor"... Williams' D is going to be new to the AFCN.
I for one won't hold it against him if he signs with the Steelers. They may be the only contender showing interest. There aren't many that have significant need at CB.
Lesser factor, but there is also the "intel factor"... Williams' D is going to be new to the AFCN.
I guess that means we have them worried...if they would pick up a player just for the "intel factor".
Fair to say?
-
Fuck thats all we need, a vet with knowledge of the new system going straight to shittspuke. God ficking dammit it never ends with this team
-
I for one won't hold it against him if he signs with the Steelers. They may be the only contender showing interest. There aren't many that have significant need at CB.
Lesser factor, but there is also the "intel factor"... Williams' D is going to be new to the AFCN.
I guess that means we have them worried...if they would pick up a player just for the "intel factor".
Fair to say?
I guess that means we have them worried...if they would pick up a player just for the "intel factor".
Fair to say?
They've always looked at the browns as two easy outs. The easier the better. They play us twice so thats, in their mind, two games they typically dont have to play as hard. They get a guy who knows the new system and they could perhaps shave reps off their starters. See how that works?
-
Hasn't cleared waivers yet.
He doesn't go to waivers, he's a vested veteran. Immediately goes into the FA pool.
-
I guess that means we have them worried...if they would pick up a player just for the "intel factor".
Fair to say?
They've always looked at the browns as two easy outs. The easier the better. They play us twice so thats, in their mind, two games they typically dont have to play as hard. They get a guy who knows the new system and they could perhaps shave reps off their starters. See how that works?
They've always looked at the browns as two easy outs. The easier the better. They play us twice so thats, in their mind, two games they typically dont have to play as hard. They get a guy who knows the new system and they could perhaps shave reps off their starters. See how that works?
By the time we are going to be competing for north supremacy, Haden will be 31 and Big Ben will be out the door. Lets be honest, Joe hasnt done much with his big contract the last few years. Let our young guys compete and develope.
-
I guess that means we have them worried...if they would pick up a player just for the "intel factor".
Fair to say?
They've always looked at the browns as two easy outs. The easier the better. They play us twice so thats, in their mind, two games they typically dont have to play as hard. They get a guy who knows the new system and they could perhaps shave reps off their starters. See how that works?
They've (the Steelers) always looked at the browns as two easy outs. The easier the better. They play us twice so thats, in their mind, two games they typically dont have to play as hard. They get a guy who knows the new system and they could perhaps shave reps off their starters. See how that works?
Williams has been a DC for a long time. I would strongly suspect teams around the NFL have a mighty good idea what his playcalling tendencies are. Anything Joe might be able to convey to Tomlin & company would be of minimal benefit.
-
They've (the Steelers) always looked at the browns as two easy outs. The easier the better. They play us twice so thats, in their mind, two games they typically dont have to play as hard. They get a guy who knows the new system and they could perhaps shave reps off their starters. See how that works?
Williams has been a DC for a long time. I would strongly suspect teams around the NFL have a mighty good idea what his playcalling tendencies are. Anything Joe might be able to convey to Tomlin & company would be of minimal benefit.
Williams has been a DC for a long time. I would strongly suspect teams around the NFL have a mighty good idea what his playcalling tendencies are. Anything Joe might be able to convey to Tomlin & company would be of minimal benefit.
Maybe maybe not. U know they're asking him about myles tendencies. You know does he go aft or starboard at the bottom of the hour..........who saw what i just did right there?
-
& How did Gilbert work out for them? Steelers corners worse than ours?
Gilbert never proved for either team he could play. Im intrigued by haden, he wont be playing man. However with that said im not expecting anything. Artie burns is a damn good corner but the number two job is up for grabs, maybe thats haden until rookies come along. Antonio brown is advocating his signing and brown has torched haden in the past, maybe worse than any other receiver in the lg.
-
I for one won't hold it against him if he signs with the Steelers. They may be the only contender showing interest. There aren't many that have significant need at CB.
Lesser factor, but there is also the "intel factor"... Williams' D is going to be new to the AFCN.
I guess that means we have them worried...if they would pick up a player just for the "intel factor".
Fair to say?
I guess that means we have them worried...if they would pick up a player just for the "intel factor".
Fair to say?
If they sign haden it wont be for info. Hes 28, will play zone. They are kicking the tires for a reason, the above isnt it.
-
I guess that means we have them worried...if they would pick up a player just for the "intel factor".
Fair to say?
If they sign haden it wont be for info. Hes 28, will play zone. They are kicking the tires for a reason, the above isnt it.
-
Lol, looking like it won't be the last time you see Haden.
In fact, looking very much like you might be seeing him in Black and Gold about twice a year.
Hey, at least he'll know what it feels like to win on a day the Steelers and Clowns play.
-
Hope he doesn't join pittsburgh.
Apparently Jimmy and Sashi don't care about loyalty. I would've gave him another chance.
T.J. Ward is rumored to be shopped. Maybe we can get him back?
-
Lol, looking like it won't be the last time you see Haden.
In fact, looking very much like you might be seeing him in Black and Gold about twice a year.
Hey, at least he'll know what it feels like to win on a day the Steelers and Clowns play.
Lol, looking like it won't be the last time you see Haden.
In fact, looking very much like you might be seeing him in Black and Gold about twice a year.
Hey, at least he'll know what it feels like to win on a day the Steelers and Clowns play.
It also looks like you'll know what its like to have your CB1 get burned time and again on a day when the Browns and Shittsburgh play.
-
Hope he doesn't join pittsburgh.
Apparently Jimmy and Sashi don't care about loyalty. I would've gave him another chance.
T.J. Ward is rumored to be shopped. Maybe we can get him back?
Hope he doesn't join pittsburgh.
Apparently Jimmy and Sashi don't care about loyalty. I would've gave him another chance.
T.J. Ward is rumored to be shopped. Maybe we can get him back?
Loyalty isn't a column in the balance sheet or the box score.
-
Hope he doesn't join pittsburgh.
Apparently Jimmy and Sashi don't care about loyalty. I would've gave him another chance.
T.J. Ward is rumored to be shopped. Maybe we can get him back?
Loyalty isn't a column in the balance sheet or the box score.
Loyalty isn't a column in the balance sheet or the box score.
Does Jimmy care about saving money, or the box score?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login