Times Change - No matter what we want
-
I'm simply saying that part of my game plan would be to knock that big doofus fucker out lol. I think we can beat them either way but it's a no brainer the task is easier without Pig Pen in the game. I think Bell is not going to be up to full game speed conditioning as well which helps is further.
-
Knock Pig Pen out of the game , stuff a rusty whiney Bell and we kick their ass. It could easily happen.
So what you are saying is that the only way for the Browns to win, is if Ben gets hurt? Dude, you just agreed with me in saying the chance of the Browns winning is very slim.
However, do you not agree that the odds of Kizer getting fucked up are far greater than Ben getting hurt?
- Ben has a quick release and is hard to get to.
- Black Tarkenton is a run-first QB and is more likely to get into a bad collision than Ben
- We don't have a pass rush. We have Garrett who is good at getting close, but not actually hitting the QB
- The Steelers have better RBs, WRs, TEs and play calling/time management
The problem with the Browns chances this year is exemplified by your comments. You can't talk about burning the D with our great receivers and RB, but instead fantasize about injuring Ben.
Weird.
Dude, you just agreed with me in saying the chance of the Browns winning is very slim.
I agree with your conclusion... but not your fact-free rationale. For example... Ben has a quick release, but he also holds the ball. Thus all the plays where D-players end up hanging all over him. You do understand that there is a difference?
I don't see a 1999 repeat. In fact, I would not be shocked if we jumped out to an early lead... probably due to a turnover.... probably of the "under-pressure-Ben-threw-one-up-for-grabs" variety.
But in the end only one team on the field currently knows how to win... especially when games are close.
-
The Times indeed are a changin'. It may not be this game...this year, but the Browns era of suck will soon be over. I feel it.
-
Dude, you just agreed with me in saying the chance of the Browns winning is very slim.
I agree with your conclusion... but not your fact-free rationale. For example... Ben has a quick release, but he also holds the ball. Thus all the plays where D-players end up hanging all over him. You do understand that there is a difference?
I don't see a 1999 repeat. In fact, I would not be shocked if we jumped out to an early lead... probably due to a turnover.... probably of the "under-pressure-Ben-threw-one-up-for-grabs" variety.
But in the end only one team on the field currently knows how to win... especially when games are close.
I agree with your conclusion... but not your fact-free rationale. For example... Ben has a quick release, but he also holds the ball. Thus all the plays where D-players end up hanging all over him. You do understand that there is a difference?
I don't see a 1999 repeat. In fact, I would not be shocked if we jumped out to an early lead... probably due to a turnover.... probably of the "under-pressure-Ben-threw-one-up-for-grabs" variety.
But in the end only one team on the field currently knows how to win... especially when games are close.
Ben does not hold the ball because he is slow thinking, He holds the ball when his options are dumb ones.
Kizer holds on to the ball too long because that's the kind of QB he is. If he gets guys open, he can zing the ball, but routinely releasing the ball before the reciever appears open? That is what I mean by a quick release. Ben is not Marino or Fouts, for sure. Running to buy time is indeed a component of his game. However, it is a tool he doesn't instinctively use every time he drops back to pass. A black Tarkenton like Kizer however, does have running in the forefront of his mind as soon he takes the snap.
Ben's ability to extend the play indeed exposes him to unnecessary hits, however, Kizer's inability to get rid of the ball makes him much more likely to get pasted and injured.
-
-
I agree with your conclusion... but not your fact-free rationale. For example... Ben has a quick release, but he also holds the ball. Thus all the plays where D-players end up hanging all over him. You do understand that there is a difference?
I don't see a 1999 repeat. In fact, I would not be shocked if we jumped out to an early lead... probably due to a turnover.... probably of the "under-pressure-Ben-threw-one-up-for-grabs" variety.
But in the end only one team on the field currently knows how to win... especially when games are close.
Ben does not hold the ball because he is slow thinking, He holds the ball when his options are dumb ones.
Kizer holds on to the ball too long because that's the kind of QB he is. If he gets guys open, he can zing the ball, but routinely releasing the ball before the reciever appears open? That is what I mean by a quick release. Ben is not Marino or Fouts, for sure. Running to buy time is indeed a component of his game. However, it is a tool he doesn't instinctively use every time he drops back to pass. A black Tarkenton like Kizer however, does have running in the forefront of his mind as soon he takes the snap.
Ben's ability to extend the play indeed exposes him to unnecessary hits, however, Kizer's inability to get rid of the ball makes him much more likely to get pasted and injured.
Ben does not hold the ball because he is slow thinking, He holds the ball when his options are dumb ones.
Kizer holds on to the ball too long because that's the kind of QB he is. If he gets guys open, he can zing the ball, but routinely releasing the ball before the reciever appears open? That is what I mean by a quick release. Ben is not Marino or Fouts, for sure. Running to buy time is indeed a component of his game. However, it is a tool he doesn't instinctively use every time he drops back to pass. A black Tarkenton like Kizer however, does have running in the forefront of his mind as soon he takes the snap.
Ben's ability to extend the play indeed exposes him to unnecessary hits, however, Kizer's inability to get rid of the ball makes him much more likely to get pasted and injured.
I don't think we really know what Kizer's traits are going to be longer term, as far as holding the ball or being able to get rid of it quickly...or whatever. Kizer will, initially do both what BR does....move to find openings...but also he will take off with the ball frequently. (perhaps too frequently). I mean...he will be a rookie and he will just be developing.
And I disagree totally that "running to buy time" is not something BR does instinctively. It absolutely is. No, not EVERY time he drops back...but, a very high percentage of times. It may be less now that he is older and hobbled...but it is still very much his instinct to do so...at least it has been his whole career.
-
There is a reason why the Browns have all these QBs on the roster.
Yea? And what is that?
That is like me saying: "There is a reason that Hempman makes wild ass unsubstantiated statements" and then not explaining what those reasons are.
(but, in my case I will explain: it is because he is one of these:
-
There is a reason why the Browns have all these QBs on the roster.
Yea? And what is that?
That is like me saying: "There is a reason that Hempman makes wild ass unsubstantiated statements" and then not explaining what those reasons are.
(but, in my case I will explain: it is because he is one of these:
Yea? And what is that?
That is like me saying: "There is a reason that Hempman makes wild ass unsubstantiated statements" and then not explaining what those reasons are.
(but, in my case I will explain: it is because he is one of these:
Because they are going to go through a lot of them this season.
-
Dude, you just agreed with me in saying the chance of the Browns winning is very slim.
I agree with your conclusion... but not your fact-free rationale. For example... Ben has a quick release, but he also holds the ball. Thus all the plays where D-players end up hanging all over him. You do understand that there is a difference?
I don't see a 1999 repeat. In fact, I would not be shocked if we jumped out to an early lead... probably due to a turnover.... probably of the "under-pressure-Ben-threw-one-up-for-grabs" variety.
But in the end only one team on the field currently knows how to win... especially when games are close.
I agree with your conclusion... but not your fact-free rationale. For example... Ben has a quick release, but he also holds the ball. Thus all the plays where D-players end up hanging all over him. You do understand that there is a difference?
I don't see a 1999 repeat. In fact, I would not be shocked if we jumped out to an early lead... probably due to a turnover.... probably of the "under-pressure-Ben-threw-one-up-for-grabs" variety.
But in the end only one team on the field currently knows how to win... especially when games are close.
Ben does not hold the ball because he is slow thinking, He holds the ball when his options are dumb ones.
Kizer holds on to the ball too long because that's the kind of QB he is. If he gets guys open, he can zing the ball, but routinely releasing the ball before the reciever appears open? That is what I mean by a quick release. Ben is not Marino or Fouts, for sure. Running to buy time is indeed a component of his game. However, it is a tool he doesn't instinctively use every time he drops back to pass. A black Tarkenton like Kizer however, does have running in the forefront of his mind as soon he takes the snap.
Ben's ability to extend the play indeed exposes him to unnecessary hits, however, Kizer's inability to get rid of the ball makes him much more likely to get pasted and injured.
I don't think we really know what Kizer's traits are going to be longer term, as far as holding the ball or being able to get rid of it quickly...or whatever. Kizer will, initially do both what BR does....move to find openings...but also he will take off with the ball frequently. (perhaps too frequently). I mean...he will be a rookie and he will just be developing.
And I disagree totally that "running to buy time" is not something BR does instinctively. It absolutely is. No, not EVERY time he drops back...but, a very high percentage of times. It may be less now that he is older and hobbled...but it is still very much his instinct to do so...at least it has been his whole career.
I am agreeing with you, Ben's instincts are to extend the play when there is no play. But he doesn't abandon the play. Kizer does not have that wherewithal. Don't be surprised to see Kizer get injured pretty good.
-
Yea? And what is that?
That is like me saying: "There is a reason that Hempman makes wild ass unsubstantiated statements" and then not explaining what those reasons are.
(but, in my case I will explain: it is because he is one of these:
Because they are going to go through a lot of them this season.
-
I agree with your conclusion... but not your fact-free rationale. For example... Ben has a quick release, but he also holds the ball. Thus all the plays where D-players end up hanging all over him. You do understand that there is a difference?
I don't see a 1999 repeat. In fact, I would not be shocked if we jumped out to an early lead... probably due to a turnover.... probably of the "under-pressure-Ben-threw-one-up-for-grabs" variety.
But in the end only one team on the field currently knows how to win... especially when games are close.
Ben does not hold the ball because he is slow thinking, He holds the ball when his options are dumb ones.
Kizer holds on to the ball too long because that's the kind of QB he is. If he gets guys open, he can zing the ball, but routinely releasing the ball before the reciever appears open? That is what I mean by a quick release. Ben is not Marino or Fouts, for sure. Running to buy time is indeed a component of his game. However, it is a tool he doesn't instinctively use every time he drops back to pass. A black Tarkenton like Kizer however, does have running in the forefront of his mind as soon he takes the snap.
Ben's ability to extend the play indeed exposes him to unnecessary hits, however, Kizer's inability to get rid of the ball makes him much more likely to get pasted and injured.
I don't think we really know what Kizer's traits are going to be longer term, as far as holding the ball or being able to get rid of it quickly...or whatever. Kizer will, initially do both what BR does....move to find openings...but also he will take off with the ball frequently. (perhaps too frequently). I mean...he will be a rookie and he will just be developing.
And I disagree totally that "running to buy time" is not something BR does instinctively. It absolutely is. No, not EVERY time he drops back...but, a very high percentage of times. It may be less now that he is older and hobbled...but it is still very much his instinct to do so...at least it has been his whole career.
I am agreeing with you, Ben's instincts are to extend the play when there is no play. But he doesn't abandon the play. Kizer does not have that wherewithal. Don't be surprised to see Kizer get injured pretty good.
I am agreeing with you, Ben's instincts are to extend the play when there is no play. But he doesn't abandon the play. Kizer does not have that wherewithal. Don't be surprised to see Kizer get injured pretty good.
You don't have a freeking clue if that is the way he is going to be..or if he does not have that "wherewithal". He is a fucking rookie. A 20 year old rookie.
You are either just wild ass speculating about that or wishing it to be so. He looks every bit as good or better at doing those sorts of things BR did when he was a rookie.
-
The majority of posters here, while good hearted, well-meaning folks, are pussies; and I mean that with affection.
Look, let me try to illuminate reality for you. I love the Browns. Always have, always will, I go back longer than many here have even been alive. My Dad loved the Browns and taking me and my Mom to games on his steel worker salary was a sacrifice. My Mom, 89, now on Hospice is electrified about the prospect of opening day against the Steelers. After all the good, bad and ugly, here I remain.
Now, understand, I don't feel at all special about this, because many fans all across the world, have rich, passionate connections to this team that reach much further than a simple game.
That said, I don't feel compassion for the "hardships" and "obstacles" that these poor little, self-important, fragile fucking millionaires have to endure. I am sorry if I don't have affection for a fucking offensive lineman who never won jack shit, telling jokes and laughing on the sidelines when his team is getting ass fucked by the Steelers. I also apologize for being so hard on poor Myles Garrett for expecting him to be a Joe Turkey Jones caliber of stand out, play making athlete. Hell, it is stupid old me just forgetting that the kid is a raging millionaire, drafted #1 #1, who not long ago insulted the team I love by begging Jerry Jones in a video to essentially get his ass out of Cleveland.
Fuck all of you and your passive, ass-powdering attitudes for this new regime. You want to give these guys a ticket to a sacred club that means a hell of a lot more than a fucking paycheck and camera op to so many of us, go ahead, kiss their asses, suck their cocks, and let them fuck your wives and mothers while your kids watch.
Sorry, Garrett doesn't get jack fucking shit respect from me until he shows himself to be the caliber of man as my Dad, and all the Dads who struggled so their families could partake of the Browns. Hickerson waited how long...and you want me to kiss Joe Thomas's ass? Again, Fuck all of you. If my being a bastard and not accepting some bullshit, pretend, made-up nonsense about how THIS team is finally on the right track, is too much for your precious eyes and ears to experience, then don't read me. Keep your homer, ass-kissing lips puckered up and have your circle jerk over meaningless shit that has nothing to do with wining games.
Not me. These cocksuckers get paid to be supermen. It is our right as lifelong fans to have these high expectations. Garrett and Thomas weren't a cum stain on the milk man's shorts while my Dad was 200 feet up in the sub-zero Youngstown winter attending to a blast furnace issue.
At the end of the day, this regime, and team haven't showed me fucking jack shit. Give them a chance? Give them time? No shit? Who gives YOU a chance? Who gives YOU time? Bullshit. These cocksuckers are Cleveland Browns and not a single one of them has earned my respect. Not a single one of them deserves jack shit. Nobody ever made an excuse for me and I never made a fucking excuse for myself. I have no tolerance for such bullshit with these pampered, self-absorbed millionaires. WHen they start making plays, performing as advertised and winning games, THEN I will treat them with respect.
As we speak the Browns are a 9 - 10 point underdog to get ass fucked by the Steelers. So, all your "Garrett is getting close to the QB, Williams is lighting a fire, etc. etc. etc., has not just fallen on deaf ears with me, but also with the experts who know football far better than any of us. SO next Sunday, the Browns have their first chance to show me, and show you something. If they get their asses kicked, most of you are going to invent things, reasons, justifications that go along the lines....."YES WE LOST, BUT LOT OF GOOD THINGS HAPPENED"..... I have news for you, there are no footnotes that accompany the results of a football game. A team wins, or they lose. You can hope, dream and fantasize about how a loss is really an indicator of something else, but a loss is that. It is failure, It stands alone as failure and there are no explanations for it. Should the Browns lose at home against the Steelers, here is what it means..................
- The Browns will be 1 - 16 under Hue Jackson
- The Browns will be, just as the year before, unable to win a season opener
- The Browns remain a cum dump for the Steelers
- Nothing has changed.
That's all you get in life. A chance to perform on game day. All this other bullshit about regime change, and blah blah blah analytics, attitude, being in position to make plays, being close to the QB, carrying out the game plan? It is all mental masturbation.
Long ago I bought a lifetime season ticket to love the Cleveland Browns. this group of players wearing the uniform are not Cleveland Browns. They merely filled out the application. Game day. That's all anyone has in life. Let this group beat the Steelers, THEN, perhaps I will lighten up.
But seriously, if my Gunnery Seargent Hartman philosophy of life is upsetting to you, please, don't read me. If you believe the Browns players should get their cocks sucked and ass powdered, by all means, send your wives, Mothers and girlfriends, (Or in the case of Wargogay, your boyfriends) to service them. Me? This is how I feel about it.
I hear they expect recruits to be accomplished Marines after one week of recruit training. Oh wait. They give them time?! No way!
You're an idiot.
I hear they expect recruits to be accomplished Marines after one week of recruit training. Oh wait. They give them time?! No way!
You're an idiot.
maybe you should find that jackass rb we had yrs ago...what was the fuckheads name...hillis...the fucker who faked an injury and was caught laughing on the sidelines...MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO SUCK HIS COCK....
-
I am agreeing with you, Ben's instincts are to extend the play when there is no play. But he doesn't abandon the play. Kizer does not have that wherewithal. Don't be surprised to see Kizer get injured pretty good.
You don't have a freeking clue if that is the way he is going to be..or if he does not have that "wherewithal". He is a fucking rookie. A 20 year old rookie.
You are either just wild ass speculating about that or wishing it to be so. He looks every bit as good or better at doing those sorts of things BR did when he was a rookie.
You don't have a freeking clue if that is the way he is going to be..or if he does not have that "wherewithal". He is a fucking rookie. A 20 year old rookie.
You are either just wild ass speculating about that or wishing it to be so. He looks every bit as good or better at doing those sorts of things BR did when he was a rookie.
Talk about smoking dope............lol
-
I agree with your conclusion... but not your fact-free rationale. For example... Ben has a quick release, but he also holds the ball. Thus all the plays where D-players end up hanging all over him. You do understand that there is a difference?
I don't see a 1999 repeat. In fact, I would not be shocked if we jumped out to an early lead... probably due to a turnover.... probably of the "under-pressure-Ben-threw-one-up-for-grabs" variety.
But in the end only one team on the field currently knows how to win... especially when games are close.
Ben does not hold the ball because he is slow thinking, He holds the ball when his options are dumb ones.
Kizer holds on to the ball too long because that's the kind of QB he is. If he gets guys open, he can zing the ball, but routinely releasing the ball before the reciever appears open? That is what I mean by a quick release. Ben is not Marino or Fouts, for sure. Running to buy time is indeed a component of his game. However, it is a tool he doesn't instinctively use every time he drops back to pass. A black Tarkenton like Kizer however, does have running in the forefront of his mind as soon he takes the snap.
Ben's ability to extend the play indeed exposes him to unnecessary hits, however, Kizer's inability to get rid of the ball makes him much more likely to get pasted and injured.
Ben does not hold the ball because he is slow thinking, He holds the ball when his options are dumb ones.
Kizer holds on to the ball too long because that's the kind of QB he is. If he gets guys open, he can zing the ball, but routinely releasing the ball before the reciever appears open? That is what I mean by a quick release. Ben is not Marino or Fouts, for sure. Running to buy time is indeed a component of his game. However, it is a tool he doesn't instinctively use every time he drops back to pass. A black Tarkenton like Kizer however, does have running in the forefront of his mind as soon he takes the snap.
Ben's ability to extend the play indeed exposes him to unnecessary hits, however, Kizer's inability to get rid of the ball makes him much more likely to get pasted and injured.
I did not ascribe a reason for Ben holding on, but seems to me he and Kizer do so for the very same reason... waiting for a receiver to come open.
Now I can't argue they are both equally adept at finding an open one... slight experiential discrepancy... but DeShon did show an ability to see and deliver into a couple pretty tight windows.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login