NFL struggles in LA
-
The stadium will be a huge venue for the Olympics. Kronke paid for most of the stadium as I understand it but then also got some concessions from the league in exchange for giving them office space there and the NFL combine will be held in LA once the stadium is done and there will be other events as well. The new stadium is in Inglewood, right near the Forum (where the Lakers and Kings used to play before Staples center) and its about a 10 minute drive from the airport.
nowhere near Compton........hmmmmmmm.
sanctuary state.
nowhere near Compton........hmmmmmmm.
sanctuary state.
Actually, aren't they like right next to each other?
-
nowhere near Compton........hmmmmmmm.
sanctuary state.
Actually, aren't they like right next to each other?
Actually, aren't they like right next to each other?
13 miles is hardly right next to each other. That could take an hour to drive
-
Actually, aren't they like right next to each other?
13 miles is hardly right next to each other. That could take an hour to drive
13 miles is hardly right next to each other. That could take an hour to drive
Depending on time of day you bet... but I have to say Cali drivers are among the best I've been on the road with.
A year ago tooling around Sacramento over to the Bay Area and up to NAPA when traffic got a little heavy folks just slowed, stayed in their lanes and stayed reasonably spaced... for the most part... there's always a couple ass-hats, but far fewer than in Texas... or the NE, which is off the fuckin'-ass-hole charts... especially Connecticut.
-
13 miles is hardly right next to each other. That could take an hour to drive
Depending on time of day you bet... but I have to say Cali drivers are among the best I've been on the road with.
A year ago tooling around Sacramento over to the Bay Area and up to NAPA when traffic got a little heavy folks just slowed, stayed in their lanes and stayed reasonably spaced... for the most part... there's always a couple ass-hats, but far fewer than in Texas... or the NE, which is off the fuckin'-ass-hole charts... especially Connecticut.
Depending on time of day you bet... but I have to say Cali drivers are among the best I've been on the road with.
A year ago tooling around Sacramento over to the Bay Area and up to NAPA when traffic got a little heavy folks just slowed, stayed in their lanes and stayed reasonably spaced... for the most part... there's always a couple ass-hats, but far fewer than in Texas... or the NE, which is off the fuckin'-ass-hole charts... especially Connecticut.
And in Cali it's legal for motorcycles to go between cars lined up in two lanes (or more). Amazing!
-
Depending on time of day you bet... but I have to say Cali drivers are among the best I've been on the road with.
A year ago tooling around Sacramento over to the Bay Area and up to NAPA when traffic got a little heavy folks just slowed, stayed in their lanes and stayed reasonably spaced... for the most part... there's always a couple ass-hats, but far fewer than in Texas... or the NE, which is off the fuckin'-ass-hole charts... especially Connecticut.
And in Cali it's legal for motorcycles to go between cars lined up in two lanes (or more). Amazing!
And in Cali it's legal for motorcycles to go between cars lined up in two lanes (or more). Amazing!
True that. i'm guilty of doing this.
but its completely Retarded the chargers stadium is a damn soccer field
-
Depending on time of day you bet... but I have to say Cali drivers are among the best I've been on the road with.
A year ago tooling around Sacramento over to the Bay Area and up to NAPA when traffic got a little heavy folks just slowed, stayed in their lanes and stayed reasonably spaced... for the most part... there's always a couple ass-hats, but far fewer than in Texas... or the NE, which is off the fuckin'-ass-hole charts... especially Connecticut.
And in Cali it's legal for motorcycles to go between cars lined up in two lanes (or more). Amazing!
And in Cali it's legal for motorcycles to go between cars lined up in two lanes (or more). Amazing!
Did not know it was legal, but they are pretty chill about it... going faster, but not fast. And not weaving... just riding the stripes.
I had a Rocket bike pass me on I-20 driving home from the kiddo's place in August. Must have been doing 150... I never saw him coming. Barely saw him going. Passed me on the right a few car lengths after I'd completed a pass and maybe 10 lengths shy of starting another pass. Had I elected to tuck in, he'd have been in my back seat.
-
LA has been terrible-horrible-no-good for the Raiders since the beginning of time .. was a Raiders game ever not blacked out at home? .. and now they think it's magically delicious enough for 2 different teams? At least the Raiders were fake bad-ass so LA could half cheer for that.. Can't say the same for Rams and Chargers..
When I lived in Baltimore and DC seemingly once a month I'd be driving somewhere and I'd see a [the?] bike gang riding the outerbelt doing standup rear peg wheelies at 70mph.. Luckily, the hospital always needs more trauma level 1 visits..
-
I lived in LA for 12 years. If you're not winning, they're not watching. Way too many teams to follow, and even way more shit to do. It's sunny every day with anything you could possibly want to do available pretty much 24/7.
And the traffic is just crazy. You better have a damn good reason for people to get on the 405 out here. Cleveland traffic in a freak blizzard at rush hour is still lighter than LA at 8pm or 10pm on a weekday.
-
florida and az are the worse for driver inability. snowbirds who have their left blinker on for 10 miles and then make a right turn doing 2.5 mph.........or it's the old "i thought it was in reverse!" as they slam through the 7 eleven killing 10 kids.
-
-
florida and az are the worse for driver inability. snowbirds who have their left blinker on for 10 miles and then make a right turn doing 2.5 mph.........or it's the old "i thought it was in reverse!" as they slam through the 7 eleven killing 10 kids.
florida and az are the worse for driver inability. snowbirds who have their left blinker on for 10 miles and then make a right turn doing 2.5 mph.........or it's the old "i thought it was in reverse!" as they slam through the 7 eleven killing 10 kids.
Lol. In the words of Jerry Seinfeld, "that's a legal maneuver in Florida, it's called an eventual left."
-
@boo-fagley said:
Texans and Floridians are the worst drivers.
Florida drivers will run you off the road. Many are likely from NY which is another state where you take your life in your hands.
Texas has 2 types of drivers - #1 The driver that only drives in the left hand passing lane 5 miles under the speed limit. All they see is open road ahead of them because there is a line of 50 cars cars bottled up behind who are trapped there and cannot cant get around. Oblivious to the surroundings. # 2 - The driver who has to drive 10 mph faster than the fastest car already on the road. You will know when you see one because he will find you and tailgate 5" from your bumper. If driver # 1 is blocking the left lane then your right lane just became the faster lane by default.
I remember my first few trips to Tex-ass in the late 1970s and early 1980s in particular I was told 1. 53% of all drivers had no insurance and 2. there is no zoning.
Both can screw up your day or life.
-
And in Cali it's legal for motorcycles to go between cars lined up in two lanes (or more). Amazing!
Did not know it was legal, but they are pretty chill about it... going faster, but not fast. And not weaving... just riding the stripes.
I had a Rocket bike pass me on I-20 driving home from the kiddo's place in August. Must have been doing 150... I never saw him coming. Barely saw him going. Passed me on the right a few car lengths after I'd completed a pass and maybe 10 lengths shy of starting another pass. Had I elected to tuck in, he'd have been in my back seat.
Did not know it was legal, but they are pretty chill about it... going faster, but not fast. And not weaving... just riding the stripes.
I had a Rocket bike pass me on I-20 driving home from the kiddo's place in August. Must have been doing 150... I never saw him coming. Barely saw him going. Passed me on the right a few car lengths after I'd completed a pass and maybe 10 lengths shy of starting another pass. Had I elected to tuck in, he'd have been in my back seat.
To do 100 anything in traffic is a suicide waiting to happen. Sooner or later some fool changes lanes without signaling and it's all over but the funeral. My son bought one this summer and I have been doing my very best to teach him defensive driving for motorcylists. Hard to transfer all my experience into usable words, but he seems to be getting it. I've drilled in "invisibility" and "escape routes" until the cows come in.
-
@boo-fagley said:
Im willing to wager that LA will get multiple Super Bowls because of the climate.
And that may in fact be what it was all about. Like someone said: image...and greed. I mean, face it.... IF the Chargers really felt they had to leave SD, they would likely have been better off becoming the San Antonio Chargers. But, Jeremiah Jackass would never want a team to intrude on what he thinks is HIS territory in San Antone (by the way...it is actually split between the Cowgirls and the DATs)
-
Did not know it was legal, but they are pretty chill about it... going faster, but not fast. And not weaving... just riding the stripes.
I had a Rocket bike pass me on I-20 driving home from the kiddo's place in August. Must have been doing 150... I never saw him coming. Barely saw him going. Passed me on the right a few car lengths after I'd completed a pass and maybe 10 lengths shy of starting another pass. Had I elected to tuck in, he'd have been in my back seat.
To do 100 anything in traffic is a suicide waiting to happen. Sooner or later some fool changes lanes without signaling and it's all over but the funeral. My son bought one this summer and I have been doing my very best to teach him defensive driving for motorcylists. Hard to transfer all my experience into usable words, but he seems to be getting it. I've drilled in "invisibility" and "escape routes" until the cows come in.
To do 100 anything in traffic is a suicide waiting to happen. Sooner or later some fool changes lanes without signaling and it's all over but the funeral. My son bought one this summer and I have been doing my very best to teach him defensive driving for motorcylists. Hard to transfer all my experience into usable words, but he seems to be getting it. I've drilled in "invisibility" and "escape routes" until the cows come in.
Imagine a guy doing 100+ in traffic.....and also having above a .30 BAC. I have seen that and worse in matters that have come before me.
-
@boo-fagley said:
Im willing to wager that LA will get multiple Super Bowls because of the climate.
One of these times the NFL is going get burned on a northern Super Bowl where it really snows causing a mess and where everyone has a terrible experience. The Jerry Jones Super Bowl was a near disaster and it hardly snowed. 1/2" of snow on the ground and Texans abandon their cars on the side of the road and grocery store shelves for milk and bread are bare.
This is like no NFL stadium that I have ever seen. https://la.curbed.com/2015/1/12/10003190/the-high-public-cost-of-the-proposed-inglewood-nfl-stadium
LA already has the super bowl in like 2021 or 2022 and they will probably have one every 4 years or so after that.
-
@boo-fagley said:
Im willing to wager that LA will get multiple Super Bowls because of the climate.
One of these times the NFL is going get burned on a northern Super Bowl where it really snows causing a mess and where everyone has a terrible experience. The Jerry Jones Super Bowl was a near disaster and it hardly snowed. 1/2" of snow on the ground and Texans abandon their cars on the side of the road and grocery store shelves for milk and bread are bare.
This is like no NFL stadium that I have ever seen. https://la.curbed.com/2015/1/12/10003190/the-high-public-cost-of-the-proposed-inglewood-nfl-stadium
LA already has the super bowl in like 2021 or 2022 and they will probably have one every 4 years or so after that.
-
Why on God's Green Earth would anyone ever choose to live anywhere near LA anyway. Can anyone here explain that?


Nope...I don't have any clue. Although depends on your definition of "near". I'm about 50-60 miles from downtown LA. So I guess that could be considered near.
-
@boo-fagley said:
#1 The driver that only drives in the left hand passing lane 5 miles under the speed limit.
Sounds like the "I-10 experience"... Trust me, any of that in Texas is all "the Cajun factor".
Louisiana was the worst for Left-Lane-Lovers, but for good reason. The right lane on I-10 across Louisiana used to be a fucking washboard. The left lane was much better, so...
Then after Katrina the LLL's came to Texas... but they get better.
-
@boo-fagley said:
When I was living there, if you bought a used car the plates were already on the car and stayed with the vehicle for life. I dont recall any sticker to affix proving that they were valid and up to date. The police would have to run the tag number to find out if the vehicle was registered.
Today you would get busted in a week because they have those licence plate scanners.
Moved here in the mid-70's and there were stickers for the rear plate until they went to the window decal maybe 20 years ago?
But plates used to have to stay with the car. Now seller has the option of keeping (retiring) the plates.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login