2018 QB Draft Class
-
Yes. That was before anybody thought we may need to be drafting a quarterback in 2018.

... except maybe the OP...

-
Whoever gets Baker Mayfield is going to luck out. Dude is unbelievable.
Been doubted his whole life at every stage, keeps a list of things people say he can't do, and his life revolves around proving people wrong. The most competitive dude I've ever seen.
I really believe Oklahoma will beat Alabama in the national championship this year.
Whoever takes a flyer on him will get a great one
Edit: Doesn't mean I want us to give up on Kizer. Let's give Kizer at least 2 years.
-
Whoever gets Baker Mayfield is going to luck out. Dude is unbelievable.
Been doubted his whole life at every stage, keeps a list of things people say he can't do, and his life revolves around proving people wrong. The most competitive dude I've ever seen.
I really believe Oklahoma will beat Alabama in the national championship this year.
Whoever takes a flyer on him will get a great one
Edit: Doesn't mean I want us to give up on Kizer. Let's give Kizer at least 2 years.
Whoever gets
Baker MayfieldJohnny Manziel is going to luck out. Dude is unbelievable.Been doubted his whole life at every stage, keeps a list of things people say he can't do, and his life revolves around proving people wrong. The most competitive dude I've ever seen.
I really believe
Oklahoma Texas A&Mwill beat Alabama in the national championship this year.Whoever takes a flyer on him will get a great one
Yes, where have we heard this before.
-
Great minds think barely alike !!
-
Yes. That was before anybody thought we may need to be drafting a quarterback in 2018.

... except maybe the OP...

-
Great minds think barely alike !!
Great minds think barely alike !!
Or warped. I was going to add in the Bama part with McCoy too, but he got hurt and only played for a few minutes.
-
Okay then you are sold and even if by some chance we are able to draft Sam Darnold (and he does nothing to discourage the enthusiasm before the draft) you would not do it?
As of right now? Based upon what I have seen of Darnold? No... I like at least two other QBs better... but it's early yet. There are two I've not seen at all.
I'm always looking ;P. Just so happens to be the browns biggest need... again...
I may not have shared my old stance since you arrived here... It goes like this...
You always have to be looking for your next QB... it is simply a matter of how hard you look.
Clearly we have been in the "look really hard" category... and still may be.
-
Whoever gets
Baker MayfieldJohnny Manziel is going to luck out. Dude is unbelievable.Been doubted his whole life at every stage, keeps a list of things people say he can't do, and his life revolves around proving people wrong. The most competitive dude I've ever seen.
I really believe
Oklahoma Texas A&Mwill beat Alabama in the national championship this year.Whoever takes a flyer on him will get a great one
Yes, where have we heard this before.
Yes, where have we heard this before.
A Johnny Manziel who actually cared and didn't have substance abuse issues would've been a Top 15 QB.
Let's do a math problem:
Manziel's talent, fire and competitiveness + a strong work ethic - drugs = Baker Mayfield.
-
Yes, where have we heard this before.
A Johnny Manziel who actually cared and didn't have substance abuse issues would've been a Top 15 QB.
Let's do a math problem:
Manziel's talent, fire and competitiveness + a strong work ethic - drugs = Baker Mayfield.
A Johnny Manziel who actually cared and didn't have substance abuse issues would've been a Top 15 QB.
Let's do a math problem:
Manziel = Baker Mayfield.
What? As they say FIFY
Even if it wasn't FIFY....Manziel's talent, fire and competitiveness + a strong work ethic - drugs = Baker Mayfield= Brandon Weeden.
There is still something missing: NFL caliber talent.
-
A Johnny Manziel who actually cared and didn't have substance abuse issues would've been a Top 15 QB.
Let's do a math problem:
Manziel = Baker Mayfield.
What? As they say FIFY
Even if it wasn't FIFY....Manziel's talent, fire and competitiveness + a strong work ethic - drugs = Baker Mayfield= Brandon Weeden.
There is still something missing: NFL caliber talent.
What? As they say FIFY
Even if it wasn't FIFY....Manziel's talent, fire and competitiveness + a strong work ethic - drugs = Baker Mayfield= Brandon Weeden.
There is still something missing: NFL caliber talent.
LOL, what fire and competitiveness did Brandon Weeden have? Dude wasn't a warrior, it was easy to tell on and off the field.
And If Baker Mayfield doesn't have NFL caliber talent, then neither did Russell Wilson.
See Below:
-
What? As they say FIFY
Even if it wasn't FIFY....Manziel's talent, fire and competitiveness + a strong work ethic - drugs = Baker Mayfield= Brandon Weeden.
There is still something missing: NFL caliber talent.
LOL, what fire and competitiveness did Brandon Weeden have? Dude wasn't a warrior, it was easy to tell on and off the field.
And If Baker Mayfield doesn't have NFL caliber talent, then neither did Russell Wilson.
See Below:
LOL, what fire and competitiveness did Brandon Weeden have? Dude wasn't a warrior, it was easy to tell on and off the field.
And If Baker Mayfield doesn't have NFL caliber talent, then neither did Russell Wilson.
See Below:
I don't think anyone can equate a college QB with a successful NFL QB. Tim Tebow lovers thought he would be the rage of the NFL...Manzealots did too....
1. Kellen Moore Boise St. 50-3
1. Colt McCoy, 45-8, 2006-2009, Texas
2. Andy Dalton, 42-7, 2007-2010, TCU
3. David Green, 42-10, 2001-2004, Georgia
4. Peyton Manning, 39-6, 1994-1997, Tennessee
5. Ken Dorsey, 38-2, 2000-2002, Miami
6. Rick Leach, 38-8, 1975-1978, Notre Dame
7. Matt Leinart, 37-2, 2003-2005, USC
8. John Rauch, 36-8, 1945-1948, Georgia
9. Dan Lefevour, 36-15, 2006-2009, Central Michigan
10. Chuck Ealey, 35-0, 1969-1971, Toledo
11. Chad Pennington, 35-4, 1997-1999, Marshall
12. Jay Barker, 35-5, 1991-1994, Alabama
13. Tim Tebow, 35-6, 2006-2009, Florida
14. Eric Crouch, 35-7, 1998-2001, Nebraska
15. Chuck Long, 35-13, 1982-1985, IowaYou got about 2.5 good NFL QBs from that list.
-
Whoever gets Baker Mayfield is going to luck out. Dude is unbelievable.
Been doubted his whole life at every stage, keeps a list of things people say he can't do, and his life revolves around proving people wrong. The most competitive dude I've ever seen.
I really believe Oklahoma will beat Alabama in the national championship this year.
Whoever takes a flyer on him will get a great one
Edit: Doesn't mean I want us to give up on Kizer. Let's give Kizer at least 2 years.
Whoever gets Baker Mayfield is going to luck out. Dude is unbelievable.
Been doubted his whole life at every stage, keeps a list of things people say he can't do, and his life revolves around proving people wrong. The most competitive dude I've ever seen.
I really believe Oklahoma will beat Alabama in the national championship this year.
Whoever takes a flyer on him will get a great one
Edit: Doesn't mean I want us to give up on Kizer. Let's give Kizer at least 2 years.
The dude who has RG3 as his avatar made this post, right?
By the way, this sounds like a miserable way to go through life. Never understood it.
A Johnny Manziel who actually cared and didn't have substance abuse issues would've been a Top 15 QB.
Let's do a math problem:
Manziel's talent, fire and competitiveness + a strong work ethic - drugs = Baker Mayfield.
A Johnny Manziel who runs from cops drunk. Should be great.
-
LOL, what fire and competitiveness did Brandon Weeden have? Dude wasn't a warrior, it was easy to tell on and off the field.
And If Baker Mayfield doesn't have NFL caliber talent, then neither did Russell Wilson.
See Below:
I don't think anyone can equate a college QB with a successful NFL QB. Tim Tebow lovers thought he would be the rage of the NFL...Manzealots did too....
1. Kellen Moore Boise St. 50-3
1. Colt McCoy, 45-8, 2006-2009, Texas
2. Andy Dalton, 42-7, 2007-2010, TCU
3. David Green, 42-10, 2001-2004, Georgia
4. Peyton Manning, 39-6, 1994-1997, Tennessee
5. Ken Dorsey, 38-2, 2000-2002, Miami
6. Rick Leach, 38-8, 1975-1978, Notre Dame
7. Matt Leinart, 37-2, 2003-2005, USC
8. John Rauch, 36-8, 1945-1948, Georgia
9. Dan Lefevour, 36-15, 2006-2009, Central Michigan
10. Chuck Ealey, 35-0, 1969-1971, Toledo
11. Chad Pennington, 35-4, 1997-1999, Marshall
12. Jay Barker, 35-5, 1991-1994, Alabama
13. Tim Tebow, 35-6, 2006-2009, Florida
14. Eric Crouch, 35-7, 1998-2001, Nebraska
15. Chuck Long, 35-13, 1982-1985, IowaYou got about 2.5 good NFL QBs from that list.
I don't think anyone can equate a college QB with a successful NFL QB. Tim Tebow lovers thought he would be the rage of the NFL...Manzealots did too....
1. Kellen Moore Boise St. 50-3
1. Colt McCoy, 45-8, 2006-2009, Texas
2. Andy Dalton, 42-7, 2007-2010, TCU
3. David Green, 42-10, 2001-2004, Georgia
4. Peyton Manning, 39-6, 1994-1997, Tennessee
5. Ken Dorsey, 38-2, 2000-2002, Miami
6. Rick Leach, 38-8, 1975-1978, Notre Dame
7. Matt Leinart, 37-2, 2003-2005, USC
8. John Rauch, 36-8, 1945-1948, Georgia
9. Dan Lefevour, 36-15, 2006-2009, Central Michigan
10. Chuck Ealey, 35-0, 1969-1971, Toledo
11. Chad Pennington, 35-4, 1997-1999, Marshall
12. Jay Barker, 35-5, 1991-1994, Alabama
13. Tim Tebow, 35-6, 2006-2009, Florida
14. Eric Crouch, 35-7, 1998-2001, Nebraska
15. Chuck Long, 35-13, 1982-1985, IowaYou got about 2.5 good NFL QBs from that list.
Just wait and see my friend
-
Whoever gets Baker Mayfield is going to luck out. Dude is unbelievable.
Been doubted his whole life at every stage, keeps a list of things people say he can't do, and his life revolves around proving people wrong. The most competitive dude I've ever seen.
I really believe Oklahoma will beat Alabama in the national championship this year.
Whoever takes a flyer on him will get a great one
Edit: Doesn't mean I want us to give up on Kizer. Let's give Kizer at least 2 years.
The dude who has RG3 as his avatar made this post, right?
By the way, this sounds like a miserable way to go through life. Never understood it.
A Johnny Manziel who actually cared and didn't have substance abuse issues would've been a Top 15 QB.
Let's do a math problem:
Manziel's talent, fire and competitiveness + a strong work ethic - drugs = Baker Mayfield.
A Johnny Manziel who runs from cops drunk. Should be great.
The dude who has RG3 as his avatar made this post, right?
By the way, this sounds like a miserable way to go through life. Never understood it.
A Johnny Manziel who runs from cops drunk. Should be great.
You didn't want RG3 to be good when he signed here? I was hoping he'd be good, haven't gotten around to changing it yet.
-
I don't think anyone can equate a college QB with a successful NFL QB. Tim Tebow lovers thought he would be the rage of the NFL...Manzealots did too....
1. Kellen Moore Boise St. 50-3
1. Colt McCoy, 45-8, 2006-2009, Texas
2. Andy Dalton, 42-7, 2007-2010, TCU
3. David Green, 42-10, 2001-2004, Georgia
4. Peyton Manning, 39-6, 1994-1997, Tennessee
5. Ken Dorsey, 38-2, 2000-2002, Miami
6. Rick Leach, 38-8, 1975-1978, Notre Dame
7. Matt Leinart, 37-2, 2003-2005, USC
8. John Rauch, 36-8, 1945-1948, Georgia
9. Dan Lefevour, 36-15, 2006-2009, Central Michigan
10. Chuck Ealey, 35-0, 1969-1971, Toledo
11. Chad Pennington, 35-4, 1997-1999, Marshall
12. Jay Barker, 35-5, 1991-1994, Alabama
13. Tim Tebow, 35-6, 2006-2009, Florida
14. Eric Crouch, 35-7, 1998-2001, Nebraska
15. Chuck Long, 35-13, 1982-1985, IowaYou got about 2.5 good NFL QBs from that list.
Just wait and see my friend
-
The dude who has RG3 as his avatar made this post, right?
By the way, this sounds like a miserable way to go through life. Never understood it.
A Johnny Manziel who runs from cops drunk. Should be great.
You didn't want RG3 to be good when he signed here? I was hoping he'd be good, haven't gotten around to changing it yet.
-
Did anyone else watch the UVA - Boise St. contest last nite?
I caught a few chunks and thought I may have seen a darkhorse candidate... UVA's Kurt Benkert, a 6'4 Sr. Made a few really nice throws including a gem of a 55-yd bomb that dropped into the lap of a streaking WR between two DBs for a TD. Nice poise... was surveying the field... a lot to like.
-
Did anyone else watch the UVA - Boise St. contest last nite?
I caught a few chunks and thought I may have seen a darkhorse candidate... UVA's Kurt Benkert, a 6'4 Sr. Made a few really nice throws including a gem of a 55-yd bomb that dropped into the lap of a streaking WR between two DBs for a TD. Nice poise... was surveying the field... a lot to like.
Did anyone else watch the UVA - Boise St. contest last nite?
I caught a few chunks and thought I may have seen a darkhorse candidate... UVA's Kurt Benkert, a 6'4 Sr. Made a few really nice throws including a gem of a 55-yd bomb that dropped into the lap of a streaking WR between two DBs for a TD. Nice poise... was surveying the field... a lot to like.
No, but I watched the first half of the Wyoming- Hawaii game, got the rest of it on DVR. Have to call it an early night for the trip to Indy. Could see why there's some buzz about Allen.
-
Allen was not very good the first half and I went to bed. I do know he is facing far lessor talent every week than other QBs.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login