Skip to content

Next four games

The Browns Board
82 27 3.1k
  • @boo-fagley said:

    No, moron you miss the whole point.

    Its not that a successful championship head coach was asked to leave. 

    No....YOU missed the whole fucking point.  A HC does not have to have won a championship to be considered successful.  It helps, but it is not mandatory.  To think it is mandatory is what we refer to in this country as:  moronic.

  • 2 Marvin Lewis, Gary Kubiak lasted 7 seasons.

    And Marvin Lewis took his team to 4 SBs, and Kubiak won a SB...yet you exclude them from the list of "successful head coaches".  More moronic thought.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    They won championships. So, no.

    Winning championships shouldn't be the all inclusive metric when calling a HC "successful".

    With that mindset, guys like George Siefert and Barry Switzer just joined your club.

  • No need on poll or debating Andy "Ho-Ho" Reid(at least yet)..They just lost Mitch Morse as there starting Center & if Andy thinks Cam-smella Erving fits anywhere on that OL? Andy is a complete Buffoon..   

  • @stillmotion said:

    Not trying to defend him, but does he necessarily have a ton of talent to work with? The defense seems better, but what the heck do we have on offense? Kenny Britt? A Rookie QB? we can't run and defenses dare us to pass. Hue seems to be suffering from the same thing Pettine did. Lack of playmakers. It's sad at times I miss Brian f#$%ing Hoyer.

    Anyways Hue can only work with the players the FO provides.

    They spent all that money on O-line and they run 14 running plays for our rbs.  You can't win in the NFL doing that. Especially with a rookie QB. Run the ball Hue

    @browns149 said:

    They spent all that money on O-line and they run 14 running plays for our rbs.  You can't win in the NFL doing that. Especially with a rookie QB. Run the ball Hue

    A. You have a rookie qb with no star dynamic wr's

    B. You don't have a star big, fast rb.

    C. Therefore, good defenses are loading up vs the run and trying to put  pressure on Kizer on third and long.

    D. Running again and again a lot, when they are doing that, and do not respect the intermediate/long passing game     just plays into the defense's hands.

    E. Solutions - establish a balanced attack, and do what Bernie Kosar loved to do with the first offensive play of the game-    throw way downfield and scare the living daylights out of them that you mean business and they can't just sit there     and have you be conservative so they can shut down your running game first.

    F. Just my farqing opinion, but when the hc calls a first down run often, to hopefully gain good yards and take the pressure  of your qb... and the defense is selling out to shut down the run and put pressure on your qb... what we have is a failure to understand the concept "stalemate". That ends up in third and long passing situations too often.

    G. Therefore, I propose the first offensive play - throw long to Higgins, Louis or Devalve and let them know we mean business      NOT as usual.

  • http://wdtn.com/2014/11/05/browns-bengals-play-biggest-ohio-game-since-1986/

    " CINCINNATI (AP) — The Browns and Bengals were playing for first place late in the 1986 season. Bernie Kosar set the tone on the first play, throwing a long completion to Reggie Langhorne at Riverfront Stadium. "

  • @boo-fagley said:

    1 Eh, the drafts were nothing special. He did a poor job handling the media and Belichick will tell you that.

    2 Marvin Lewis, Gary Kubiak lasted 7 seasons.

    3 Carrol took over a NE Super Bowl team after Parcells. Ran a country club playing pick up basketball with the players. No respect.

    4 I would say he has learned a thing or two.

    5 .Im sure that trophy is right next to his Lombardis.

    Are you incapable of sticking to an argument you make or addressing one someone else makes? You discard them like a snake sheds skin...

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Marvin Lewis took the Bengals to 4 super bowls on his dime. Stubhub came through for him. Moronic indeed.

    I meant Marv Levy of course.  Oops.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    I missed nothing.

    In your world winning a championship is not required for success. Success in your definition is different than my definition of success. Marv Levy and Bill Walsh are not the same to me, but they most definitely are to you. 

    I didn't say they were the same......but I would say they were both "successful" NFL Head Coaches.  Certainly there are increments of success.

    I tell you what Im going to do. Let you win before this spirals out of control with the name calling and so forth. Im not someone who puts up with anyone's shit and that includes you. Its a shame too. Things were going so well and we were making progress. I was planning to buy you a beer in Houston and now you have resorted to your old self. Cant teach an old dog new tricks.

    I am not sure "Let" is the right verb"...but I will take your beer.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Assuming Hue doesnt make it, who is available to be HC?

    Sashi likely picks him.

    Nick Saban. 

    @browns149 said:

    Nick Saban. 

     A little late to the party but- Just no, and here's why. He has lifetime job security at Alabama, makes $4 million more then Belichick (highest paid NFL coach) and he's 65 years old. Zero reason to give up the college gig. 

    @boo-fagley said:

    I think that he would threaten Sashi's job for total control.

    That too....   

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Marvin Lewis took the Bengals to 4 super bowls on his dime. Stubhub came through for him. Moronic indeed.

    You mean the Bills?

  • Even if we lost all four Hue is going to stay.

    I see us beating the Jets and Texans, But Colts could be hard if luck is back.

    Even if Hue went 0-16 Jimmy would keep him because at this point we're trying to "build" the team. We can't afford to get a new head coach and rebuild again at the point when we finally start playing lights out.

    @stillmotion said:

    Even if we lost all four Hue is going to stay.

    I see us beating the Jets and Texans, But Colts could be hard if luck is back.

    Even if Hue went 0-16 Jimmy would keep him because at this point we're trying to "build" the team. We can't afford to get a new head coach and rebuild again at the point when we finally start playing lights out.

    i think we are 1-22 in the last 23 regular season games. i think we lost the last 5 with pettine and rest with baby huey..Has anyone ever been that bad?..yikes...i don't think we beat the colts only because it is a road game...we stink on the road. we set another shameful nfl record with consecutive loses on the road...we ain't beating houston...the only beating i see in that game is our qb taking one..watt might put him in the hospital...jets i think we could win that...we ain't beating the bengals either. No matter how bad they are, they still have dalton and green and one fucking hell of a defense. they will be 0-3 when we play them...if they lose, lewis will probably be gone...go browns, to the cfl...please

  • @boo-fagley said:

    OK

    Belichick failed in Cleveland

    Reid failed in Philadelphia

    Carrol failed in NE and in NYJ

    Jack Del Rio failed in Jacksonville

    Coughlin failed in Jacksonville

    Reid failed in Philly?  Didn't he take that team to like 4 NFC conf. title games?

    @the-gipper said:






    Reid failed in Philly?  Didn't he take that team to like 4 NFC conf. title games?







    @boo-fagley said:






    OK




    Belichick failed in Cleveland




    Reid failed in Philadelphia




    Carrol failed in NE and in NYJ




    Jack Del Rio failed in Jacksonville




    Coughlin failed in Jacksonville














    i'd take any one of them right now except maybe coughlin....he's retired now but would have taken him during his earlier yrs...he was pretty bad toward the end there...


  • @boo-fagley said:






    Yes, the talent that he had produced little to nothing. The Eagles were one of the top drafting teams in the NFL.




    When Ried finally did get over the hump and make it to a Super Bowl. His QB was huddling up with 46 seconds remaining down by a FG to tie. It took the Eagles 23 seconds to run the next play. Terrible clock management and coaching. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200502060nwe.htm#all_pbp






    you'd be cumming in your pants if the fucking shitstain clowns even got to that point....moron...


  • @texasag1969 said:

    Finally we are winning at something and maybe for the second consecutive year. LOL!😛

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2017/09/19/among-0-2-teams-browns-have-best-chance-at-no-1-overall-pick-in-2018-draft/?utm_term=.b944febc21db

    If we could get #1 without losing the team that would be incredible. 

  • Just read the last few pages. 

    If I had a gun I'd be dead. 

  • Just read the last few pages. 

    If I had a gun I'd be dead. 

    @londonbrown said:

    Just read the last few pages. 

    If I had a gun I'd be dead. 

    Come to America, we'll find you a gun.  Everyone has one.

  • Colts, Jets, Bengals, Texans

    How many will we win? They're all winnable.

    Four defeats there and I think Hue could be toast. 

    @londonbrown said:

    Colts, Jets, Bengals, Texans

    How many will we win? They're all winnable.

    Four defeats there and I think Hue could be toast. 

    Ok, first things first:  Hue isn't going anywhere if we lose all four games, and I don't think that's the right move anyways.  Will things be getting a little uncomfortable for him?  Yeah, probably.  After all, we're not playing real powerhouses here, and it's about time we win a few games.  

    I'm really not sure we're going to win this game Sunday, and as bad as the Colts have been playing, it's still a home game for them, and people need to remember just how difficult it is to win on the road.  NFL road games are notoriously hard, and it just seems like the ball doesn't bounce your way, you don't get the calls, and things don't work out.  The Colts aren't good by any means, but I have news for the world:  Neither are the Browns.  In fact, we're a LONG way from EVER being in the position of having "a sure win".  I mean, there's a chance Kizer comes out in "buttfuck mode", and throws it to the wrong team three times.  You have to figure his confidence is shaken, and he doesn't have his favorite receiver anymore.  

    The perfect scenario would be for us to win this weekend, and also establish an identity.  The identity we really WANT to have is running the ball, keeping the 3rd downs to manageable, and playing kick-ass defense.  We could very well use that formula this weekend, and it can carry over for the other three games.  What Hue has to change is this "vertical passing game" nonsense, and figure out a way to get the ball out of Kizer's hands quicker.  Incorporate some bootlegs, some more draws, moving the pocket, and perhaps even some more read-option.  We're going to have a few opportunities with Njoku down the seam...I feel it.  I hope Kizer hits the throws, because I really feel like we'll get some decent chances for big plays.  

  • @londonbrown said:

    Colts, Jets, Bengals, Texans

    How many will we win? They're all winnable.

    Four defeats there and I think Hue could be toast. 

    Ok, first things first:  Hue isn't going anywhere if we lose all four games, and I don't think that's the right move anyways.  Will things be getting a little uncomfortable for him?  Yeah, probably.  After all, we're not playing real powerhouses here, and it's about time we win a few games.  

    I'm really not sure we're going to win this game Sunday, and as bad as the Colts have been playing, it's still a home game for them, and people need to remember just how difficult it is to win on the road.  NFL road games are notoriously hard, and it just seems like the ball doesn't bounce your way, you don't get the calls, and things don't work out.  The Colts aren't good by any means, but I have news for the world:  Neither are the Browns.  In fact, we're a LONG way from EVER being in the position of having "a sure win".  I mean, there's a chance Kizer comes out in "buttfuck mode", and throws it to the wrong team three times.  You have to figure his confidence is shaken, and he doesn't have his favorite receiver anymore.  

    The perfect scenario would be for us to win this weekend, and also establish an identity.  The identity we really WANT to have is running the ball, keeping the 3rd downs to manageable, and playing kick-ass defense.  We could very well use that formula this weekend, and it can carry over for the other three games.  What Hue has to change is this "vertical passing game" nonsense, and figure out a way to get the ball out of Kizer's hands quicker.  Incorporate some bootlegs, some more draws, moving the pocket, and perhaps even some more read-option.  We're going to have a few opportunities with Njoku down the seam...I feel it.  I hope Kizer hits the throws, because I really feel like we'll get some decent chances for big plays.  

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Ok, first things first:  Hue isn't going anywhere if we lose all four games, and I don't think that's the right move anyways.  Will things be getting a little uncomfortable for him?  Yeah, probably.  After all, we're not playing real powerhouses here, and it's about time we win a few games.  

    I'm really not sure we're going to win this game Sunday, and as bad as the Colts have been playing, it's still a home game for them, and people need to remember just how difficult it is to win on the road.  NFL road games are notoriously hard, and it just seems like the ball doesn't bounce your way, you don't get the calls, and things don't work out.  The Colts aren't good by any means, but I have news for the world:  Neither are the Browns.  In fact, we're a LONG way from EVER being in the position of having "a sure win".  I mean, there's a chance Kizer comes out in "buttfuck mode", and throws it to the wrong team three times.  You have to figure his confidence is shaken, and he doesn't have his favorite receiver anymore.  

    The perfect scenario would be for us to win this weekend, and also establish an identity.  The identity we really WANT to have is running the ball, keeping the 3rd downs to manageable, and playing kick-ass defense.  We could very well use that formula this weekend, and it can carry over for the other three games.  What Hue has to change is this "vertical passing game" nonsense, and figure out a way to get the ball out of Kizer's hands quicker.  Incorporate some bootlegs, some more draws, moving the pocket, and perhaps even some more read-option.  We're going to have a few opportunities with Njoku down the seam...I feel it.  I hope Kizer hits the throws, because I really feel like we'll get some decent chances for big plays.  

    The Browns should use 2 TE sets, a fullback and play boring, 1985 Browns football. Pound the ball, use play-action to go downfield and play for 17-14 games.

    The Browns offensive strength SHOULD be its OLine, then play to it and do what every OLine loves to do... get nasty and blow people off the LOS. Enough with throwing the ball all over the field.