Kevin Hogan
-
Hogan is not Connor Shaw. Hogan is not Kessler v1.2. Hogan is not McCoy.
Kevin has an excellent NFL arm. Kevin can make mistakes. Kevin will win.
Hogan is the better player at this stage where is it between him and Kizer. It's your opinion that Kizer has a higher ceiling, in my opinion Hogan's ceiling is higher. In my opinion Hogan house is built upon rock that will allow his ceiling to be built higher, whereas Kizer's house is built on a sand. It's all good to build a pretty castle but when the waves come I'd rather be in Hogan's lighthouse.
-
We are wasting our time playing with Kizer.
The Browns could be 2-0 if Hogan was starting... and winning the division.
-
We are wasting our time playing with Kizer.
The Browns could be 2-0 if Hogan was starting... and winning the division.
We are wasting our time playing with Kizer.
The Browns could be 2-0 if Hogan was starting... and winning the division.
Please- you're hallucinating about wins with Hogan... Kizer keeps having 4 turnover games with a 20 something qbr- you'll get your wish- eventually.
& when I was looking up Kizer's stats on nfl.com- the first play on the screen was Hogan's pass that Duke Jonson had to make a highlight reel catch on with one hand falling backwards. I'm glad we have Kevin- if Hogan is as good as you think he is, and Kizer continues to be an inaccurate, turnover prone arm cannon type of guy- Hogan will get his chance to start. I'm not willing to call Deshone a bust after 2 games, and about no one else is either.
But, with about 3-4 top level qbs likely in the 2018 draft, we HAVE to see if Kizer is the QBOTF.
-
We are wasting our time playing with Kizer.
The Browns could be 2-0 if Hogan was starting... and winning the division.
Please- you're hallucinating about wins with Hogan... Kizer keeps having 4 turnover games with a 20 something qbr- you'll get your wish- eventually.
& when I was looking up Kizer's stats on nfl.com- the first play on the screen was Hogan's pass that Duke Jonson had to make a highlight reel catch on with one hand falling backwards. I'm glad we have Kevin- if Hogan is as good as you think he is, and Kizer continues to be an inaccurate, turnover prone arm cannon type of guy- Hogan will get his chance to start. I'm not willing to call Deshone a bust after 2 games, and about no one else is either.
But, with about 3-4 top level qbs likely in the 2018 draft, we HAVE to see if Kizer is the QBOTF.
Please- you're hallucinating about wins with Hogan... Kizer keeps having 4 turnover games with a 20 something qbr- you'll get your wish- eventually.
& when I was looking up Kizer's stats on nfl.com- the first play on the screen was Hogan's pass that Duke Jonson had to make a highlight reel catch on with one hand falling backwards. I'm glad we have Kevin- if Hogan is as good as you think he is, and Kizer continues to be an inaccurate, turnover prone arm cannon type of guy- Hogan will get his chance to start. I'm not willing to call Deshone a bust after 2 games, and about no one else is either.
But, with about 3-4 top level qbs likely in the 2018 draft, we HAVE to see if Kizer is the QBOTF.
You could've stopped after hallucinating...because we all know he's living in some warped fantasyland where Richardson is Marshawn Lynch and Kevin Hogan is Joe Montana and someday Puffy Gordon is going to come back and play for the Browns.
Hogan is what he is....he's Colt McCoy and he's Cody Kessler. Nice guys to have around as a backup but he aint the long term answer. Kizer may not be either but you're right, can't make that decision after only 2 games against 2 really good defenses.
-
So.. what do you guys make of his performance?
I think he looked good. Strong arm, accurate. Had some mistakes, but he looked promising.
Kizer holds the ball too long... But maybe he can change that..
Hogan is a good backup who might be a diamond in the rough here..
Jeez, who was it that told you before the cocksucker even suited up that he holds the ball too long? WHo was it that told you before the preseason that Hogan has the quickest release of any of our QBs.
Problem? The Browns are supposedly building for the future. Hogan goes on Medicare in 8 months.
Jeez, who was it that told you before the cocksucker even suited up that he holds the ball too long? WHo was it that told you before the preseason that Hogan has the quickest release of any of our QBs.
Problem? The Browns are supposedly building for the future. Hogan goes on Medicare in 8 months.
Well....I think that is a big fat lie. I don't think you "told us" any such thing. You are just trying to say ex post facto that you told us when you didn't. Provide a link to any post you made before the preseason where you claimed that he held the ball too long. (and, yet...again...even if you do...so what? He really should just be a fucking Junior in college now.. not starting for an NFL team. He can grow out of it.)
-
Keep dreaming on what Kizer "might" turn into one day instead of what he actually is - a turnover machine.
Keep dreaming on what Kizer "might" turn into one day instead of what he actually is - a turnover machine.
Well, we don't have to dream about what YOU might turn into one day....as it has already happened. I am just trying to find the right word for it:.
All I can say is that it is kind of in the Norman Bates, John Hinckley, Annie Wilkes shit.
-
I like Hogan's arm and confidence better than Kizer's. I love Kizer's pocket presence though.
-
Jeez, who was it that told you before the cocksucker even suited up that he holds the ball too long? WHo was it that told you before the preseason that Hogan has the quickest release of any of our QBs.
Problem? The Browns are supposedly building for the future. Hogan goes on Medicare in 8 months.
Well....I think that is a big fat lie. I don't think you "told us" any such thing. You are just trying to say ex post facto that you told us when you didn't. Provide a link to any post you made before the preseason where you claimed that he held the ball too long. (and, yet...again...even if you do...so what? He really should just be a fucking Junior in college now.. not starting for an NFL team. He can grow out of it.)
Well....I think that is a big fat lie. I don't think you "told us" any such thing. You are just trying to say ex post facto that you told us when you didn't. Provide a link to any post you made before the preseason where you claimed that he held the ball too long. (and, yet...again...even if you do...so what? He really should just be a fucking Junior in college now.. not starting for an NFL team. He can grow out of it.)
Gip, I did notice- and posted about it when Deshone was at ND, that I didn't like his accuracy, and poor decision making. If he can grow out of those two flaws, we're going to have a real long term qb. His arm strength is not debatable, but that's not going to get you to the HOF. Reference: Weeden, Brandon. Anderson, Derek.
Wonder if it's ever crossed Ghoolie's mind- maybe the reason Kizer is holding onto the ball too long is because he's looking for an open, or potentially open WR and can't find one from our stellar (NOT!) WR crew.
-
Well....I think that is a big fat lie. I don't think you "told us" any such thing. You are just trying to say ex post facto that you told us when you didn't. Provide a link to any post you made before the preseason where you claimed that he held the ball too long. (and, yet...again...even if you do...so what? He really should just be a fucking Junior in college now.. not starting for an NFL team. He can grow out of it.)
Gip, I did notice- and posted about it when Deshone was at ND, that I didn't like his accuracy, and poor decision making. If he can grow out of those two flaws, we're going to have a real long term qb. His arm strength is not debatable, but that's not going to get you to the HOF. Reference: Weeden, Brandon. Anderson, Derek.
Wonder if it's ever crossed Ghoolie's mind- maybe the reason Kizer is holding onto the ball too long is because he's looking for an open, or potentially open WR and can't find one from our stellar (NOT!) WR crew.
Gip, I did notice- and posted about it when Deshone was at ND, that I didn't like his accuracy, and poor decision making. If he can grow out of those two flaws, we're going to have a real long term qb. His arm strength is not debatable, but that's not going to get you to the HOF. Reference: Weeden, Brandon. Anderson, Derek.
Wonder if it's ever crossed Ghoolie's mind- maybe the reason Kizer is holding onto the ball too long is because he's looking for an open, or potentially open WR and can't find one from our stellar (NOT!) WR crew.
Accuracy issues and decision making...yes, those were issues that many (not necessarily gh.) had stated. Holding the ball to long? Never heard that by anyone. Yea, he may be holding the ball too long because our WRs are shite and can't get open...and because he has not yet learned he has to anticipate most of his throws...and because he does not read the hot or checkdown guys.
-
I like Hogan's arm and confidence better than Kizer's. I love Kizer's pocket presence though.
I like Hogan's arm and confidence better than Kizer's. I love Kizer's pocket presence though.
The difference is Kizer's a rookie and only played in 2 games. Not to mention he played in perhaps the two toughest of teams we'll face. The team will get better down the road and he will play better. Also the Oline will get better as well.
-
I like Hogan's arm and confidence better than Kizer's. I love Kizer's pocket presence though.
The difference is Kizer's a rookie and only played in 2 games. Not to mention he played in perhaps the two toughest of teams we'll face. The team will get better down the road and he will play better. Also the Oline will get better as well.
The difference is Kizer's a rookie and only played in 2 games. Not to mention he played in perhaps the two toughest of teams we'll face. The team will get better down the road and he will play better. Also the Oline will get better as well.
I agree.....I think Kizer will improve.....but dont see any help coming from that receiver corps.....
OL?......verdict is still out.....our 2 problem positions(RT & C) have a (loooooooong) way to go yet.........
-
I like Hogan's arm and confidence better than Kizer's. I love Kizer's pocket presence though.
The difference is Kizer's a rookie and only played in 2 games. Not to mention he played in perhaps the two toughest of teams we'll face. The team will get better down the road and he will play better. Also the Oline will get better as well.
The difference is Kizer's a rookie and only played in 2 games. Not to mention he played in perhaps the two toughest of teams we'll face. The team will get better down the road and he will play better. Also the Oline will get better as well.
How is that a "difference"? For all intents and purposes, Hogan is a rookie too.
-
The difference is Kizer's a rookie and only played in 2 games. Not to mention he played in perhaps the two toughest of teams we'll face. The team will get better down the road and he will play better. Also the Oline will get better as well.
I agree.....I think Kizer will improve.....but dont see any help coming from that receiver corps.....
OL?......verdict is still out.....our 2 problem positions(RT & C) have a (loooooooong) way to go yet.........
-
So far Kevin Hogan looks like the best quarterback of the bunch. No idea about potential but it's obvious that the coach has locked on to Kizer like Brian Hoyer used to lock on to a receiver before he missed him.
but, even though he missed on RG3, I have to trust coach Jackson for at least another month or so before I even consider making the swap. I have always bitched about it pulling a player or a coaching staff prematurely and starting over and I have to be consistent here.
If he stinks up the joint at the end of the next four games there is reason for concern.
And the backup quarterback is always the most popular guy on the team.
WSS
-
The problem is other teams know what our weaknesses and will zone in on them on the offense. Rookie qb ,wide receivers, plain ass offense, guaranteed one wide receiver screen play a game.
-
We are wasting our time playing with Kizer.
The Browns could be 2-0 if Hogan was starting... and winning the division.
We are wasting our time playing with Kizer.
The Browns could be 2-0 if Hogan was starting... and winning the division.
Are you trolling us or do you actually believe this? And if you actually believe this are you related to Kevin Hogan? Or owe him money? Or are you Kevin Hogan with a fake profile? Or are you just hoping you can swipe right on him some day?
-
So far Kevin Hogan looks like the best quarterback of the bunch. No idea about potential but it's obvious that the coach has locked on to Kizer like Brian Hoyer used to lock on to a receiver before he missed him.
but, even though he missed on RG3, I have to trust coach Jackson for at least another month or so before I even consider making the swap. I have always bitched about it pulling a player or a coaching staff prematurely and starting over and I have to be consistent here.
If he stinks up the joint at the end of the next four games there is reason for concern.
And the backup quarterback is always the most popular guy on the team.
WSS
I have to be consistent here.
Ah.... you're the one!

-
The problem is other teams know what our weaknesses and will zone in on them on the offense. Rookie qb ,wide receivers, plain ass offense, guaranteed one wide receiver screen play a game.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login