***Official Browns @ Colts Game Day Thread***
-
-
-
LOL but, Kizer is the future. No need to draft a QB according to Hue. We're set!
He looks the real deal in actual games. I saw the video of him cleaning 405lbs. Not that it's a weightlifting contest, but damn he's a monster. If you're getting compared to Zeke, that's a sign you're gonna be pretty awesome.
-
BTW, the Ravens are getting throttled by Jax 23-0. Bad news for us. Now i'm starting to believe that we'll probably be 0-3 after all. At least the Colts were competitive with the Cards last week.
-
We need to go back to 3-4 yds and a cloud of dust, than let kizer take deep shots off play action. Just get a big nasty fullback and oyt a big nasty rb behind him a d punish defensive fronts. Keep our defense off the field so that when they do cone in they're flying.
To revisit that dead horse......vickers/hillis. Rebuild that
-
I'm not a huge fan of Chubb. Ghoolie's probably in though.
Seriously though, Chubb's pretty overrated.
-
You want Williams to play all 11 guys with 3 yards of the LOS? Do you want me to explain why that is a bad idea?
I'm sorry you were hoping the DB we drafted was going to play HB...
He wasn't a very good DB at Michigan at best I thought he would be a safety but doesn't seem to be happening.
I can't remember if you defended Justine Gilbert this strongly

He wasn't a very good DB at Michigan at best I thought he would be a safety but doesn't seem to be happening.
I can't remember if you defended Justine Gilbert this strongly

I didn't. But you can pretend whatever helps you feel more "right".
He didn't play DB at Michigan. He also was Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and won numerous other awards.
This is where I get called a Homer and biased for using facts to show how those that are actual homers and biased are incorrect
-
It's a gorgeous day in SoCal.......... time to do something fun and head out for a bike ride.
I should have done the same...
Oh joy, now all of the totally not biased OSU fans that were waiting for a bad rookie game can be the keyboard warriors they always knew they could. Smh
Gonna be the worst case of bandwagoning on here. Peppers plays well "I liked that pick". Peppers has the obvious rookie, new position growing pains "Fuck Michigan! We could have had Hooker! I'm definitely not being biased!"
Gonna be a long week of OSU fans circle jerking around here. I guess that's par for the course though. I mean, Hooker got a desperation pick at the end. That basically seals it 3 games into their careers.
I won't bang on Peppers- he's doing what he's coached to do... There were other guys in the Brows secondary that played far worse...
I would be happy if he just returned A PUNT.
A lot of those punts were moon shots that had no reasonable chance of a return. I counted ONE that Peppers could have not fair caught.
I should have done the same...
I won't bang on Peppers- he's doing what he's coached to do... There were other guys in the Brows secondary that played far worse...
A lot of those punts were moon shots that had no reasonable chance of a return. I counted ONE that Peppers could have fair caught
Woah, hold on. Are you sure? You positive you don't want to declare Peppers a busy already? Blame him for losing the game and say he should have e returned every punt for a TD?
I think you're doing it wrong.
-
It's a gorgeous day in SoCal.......... time to do something fun and head out for a bike ride.
I should have done the same...
Oh joy, now all of the totally not biased OSU fans that were waiting for a bad rookie game can be the keyboard warriors they always knew they could. Smh
Gonna be the worst case of bandwagoning on here. Peppers plays well "I liked that pick". Peppers has the obvious rookie, new position growing pains "Fuck Michigan! We could have had Hooker! I'm definitely not being biased!"
Gonna be a long week of OSU fans circle jerking around here. I guess that's par for the course though. I mean, Hooker got a desperation pick at the end. That basically seals it 3 games into their careers.
I won't bang on Peppers- he's doing what he's coached to do... There were other guys in the Brows secondary that played far worse...
I would be happy if he just returned A PUNT.
A lot of those punts were moon shots that had no reasonable chance of a return. I counted ONE that Peppers could have not fair caught.
A lot of those punts were moon shots that had no reasonable chance of a return. I counted ONE that Peppers could have not fair caught.
Well, after returning 3 punts against the Stoolers (with a respectable 11yard avg) he returned zero against the Rats and zero against the Dolts.
Whats the over/under against the Bungholes?
-
A lot of those punts were moon shots that had no reasonable chance of a return. I counted ONE that Peppers could have not fair caught.
Well, after returning 3 punts against the Stoolers (with a respectable 11yard avg) he returned zero against the Rats and zero against the Dolts.
Whats the over/under against the Bungholes?
Well, after returning 3 punts against the Stoolers (with a respectable 11yard avg) he returned zero against the Rats and zero against the Dolts.
Whats the over/under against the Bungholes?
I'm with Larry on this one. I wasn't at the game of course like he was but it seemed like nearly every punt was right against the sidelines or even out of bounds. Looked like Peppers did an admirable job of flopping when he was hit on the sidelines after one of them. He made it look like he got destroyed but was barely hit. Almost worked too...
-
Well, after returning 3 punts against the Stoolers (with a respectable 11yard avg) he returned zero against the Rats and zero against the Dolts.
Whats the over/under against the Bungholes?
I'm with Larry on this one. I wasn't at the game of course like he was but it seemed like nearly every punt was right against the sidelines or even out of bounds. Looked like Peppers did an admirable job of flopping when he was hit on the sidelines after one of them. He made it look like he got destroyed but was barely hit. Almost worked too...
I'm with Larry on this one. I wasn't at the game of course like he was but it seemed like nearly every punt was right against the sidelines or even out of bounds. Looked like Peppers did an admirable job of flopping when he was hit on the sidelines after one of them. He made it look like he got destroyed but was barely hit. Almost worked too...
IIRC, he had one he should’ve returned against Indy, and at least two against the Rats.
He could be a great ST weapon, but with all the fair catches...we’ll never know.
-
-
He wasn't a very good DB at Michigan at best I thought he would be a safety but doesn't seem to be happening.
I can't remember if you defended Justine Gilbert this strongly

I didn't. But you can pretend whatever helps you feel more "right".
He didn't play DB at Michigan. He also was Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and won numerous other awards.
This is where I get called a Homer and biased for using facts to show how those that are actual homers and biased are incorrect
I didn't. But you can pretend whatever helps you feel more "right".
He didn't play DB at Michigan. He also was Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and won numerous other awards.
This is where I get called a Homer and biased for using facts to show how those that are actual homers and biased are incorrect
Who cares what he did in college. He was playing like a guy on roller skates, and then flopping like a fish out of water in that first half. But then things got corrected in the second half. Maybe you have some insight on that. I suspect that Williams made some adjustments that worked well. The other thing on him is that he....and we were itching to see him break a big gain on a punt return....instead, when we needed it most, he cacked up a furball and called for a fair catch on a very returnable punt. I know he was kicking himself for doing it because you could see him doing that....and maybe it is still rookie jitters. But hell fire.....I was looking for a Metcalf moment there.
-
Oh joy, now all of the totally not biased OSU fans that were waiting for a bad rookie game can be the keyboard warriors they always knew they could. Smh
Gonna be the worst case of bandwagoning on here. Peppers plays well "I liked that pick". Peppers has the obvious rookie, new position growing pains "Fuck Michigan! We could have had Hooker! I'm definitely not being biased!"
Gonna be a long week of OSU fans circle jerking around here. I guess that's par for the course though. I mean, Hooker got a desperation pick at the end. That basically seals it 3 games into their careers.
Oh joy, now all of the totally not biased OSU fans that were waiting for a bad rookie game can be the keyboard warriors they always knew they could. Smh
Gonna be the worst case of bandwagoning on here. Peppers plays well "I liked that pick". Peppers has the obvious rookie, new position growing pains "Fuck Michigan! We could have had Hooker! I'm definitely not being biased!"
Gonna be a long week of OSU fans circle jerking around here. I guess that's par for the course though. I mean, Hooker got a desperation pick at the end. That basically seals it 3 games into their careers.
Here's the funny part Woody.....you made the post above before ANYONE even said a word......anyone......as if you're begging for someone to pick on your boy and, basically, chiding people for being OSU homers, BEFORE anyone said a word......(of course, I know you got bent outta shape cause the announcers were ripping your boy).....
This is where I get called a Homer and biased for using facts to show how those that are actual homers and biased are incorrect
Then....you post this, saying folks "will be" calling you a homer(again, before it;s even happened)......when YOU are clearly the only one talking about Peppers poor play and what folks are "gonna do"....
Woah, hold on. Are you sure? You positive you don't want to declare Peppers a busy already? Blame him for losing the game and say he should have e returned every punt for a TD?
I think you're doing it wrong.
And then here....again....you are chiding people on, cause they are not being the homers you(are) and wish they were...
Please!!! Get over the whole college kid thing and grow the hell up....NO ONE CARES WHERE HE PLAYED......he's a BROWN now.....we just want the dude to play well.....and, when he doesnt, it's not because of where he played, it's because he didnt play well...
Holy crap....bad enough to hear all your homer whiny college kiddy bitch stuff....even worse when youre bitchin about it before it even happens.....
-
I'm not a huge fan of Chubb. Ghoolie's probably in though.
Seriously though, Chubb's pretty overrated.
I'm not a huge fan of Chubb. Ghoolie's probably in though.
Seriously though, Chubb's pretty overrated.
Why is he overrated?
EDIT: He’s the 41st ranked player on CBS’ Big Board and the 5th ranked RB. He’s not ranked very high and is averaging 6.8 YPC for his career, has two 1100+ yard seasons and IMO has some of the best vision of any draft eligible RB this year.
-
He wasn't a very good DB at Michigan at best I thought he would be a safety but doesn't seem to be happening.
I can't remember if you defended Justine Gilbert this strongly

I didn't. But you can pretend whatever helps you feel more "right".
He didn't play DB at Michigan. He also was Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and won numerous other awards.
This is where I get called a Homer and biased for using facts to show how those that are actual homers and biased are incorrect
I didn't. But you can pretend whatever helps you feel more "right".
He didn't play DB at Michigan. He also was Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and won numerous other awards.
This is where I get called a Homer and biased for using facts to show how those that are actual homers and biased are incorrect
Here are the stats. Have at it.
Woody better send an email to football reference and let them know Peppers wasn't a DB in 2014
-
I didn't. But you can pretend whatever helps you feel more "right".
He didn't play DB at Michigan. He also was Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and won numerous other awards.
This is where I get called a Homer and biased for using facts to show how those that are actual homers and biased are incorrect
Who cares what he did in college. He was playing like a guy on roller skates, and then flopping like a fish out of water in that first half. But then things got corrected in the second half. Maybe you have some insight on that. I suspect that Williams made some adjustments that worked well. The other thing on him is that he....and we were itching to see him break a big gain on a punt return....instead, when we needed it most, he cacked up a furball and called for a fair catch on a very returnable punt. I know he was kicking himself for doing it because you could see him doing that....and maybe it is still rookie jitters. But hell fire.....I was looking for a Metcalf moment there.
Who cares what he did in college.
Tell that to the OSU troll that keeps bringing it up...
-
I didn't. But you can pretend whatever helps you feel more "right".
He didn't play DB at Michigan. He also was Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and won numerous other awards.
This is where I get called a Homer and biased for using facts to show how those that are actual homers and biased are incorrect
Here are the stats. Have at it.
Woody better send an email to football reference and let them know Peppers wasn't a DB in 2014
Woody better send an email to football reference and let them know Peppers wasn't a DB in 2014
All I can do is shake my head and sigh
Yes, for three games his freshman year, before injuring himself, he was mostly at CB I believe. His sophomore year he was listed as a Safety that played more like a LB. His third year it was something very similar but they called it LB
We went over all of this when posters decided pre draft they hated him because he went to Michigan. Now we have more idiotic, troll, etc posters deciding they hate him after one bad game and continuing to bring up that he went to Michigan. Though I'm sure they're not biased at all...
Smh
Some of you are just blatantly trolling. Others I don't think you even realize your bias.
-
Oh joy, now all of the totally not biased OSU fans that were waiting for a bad rookie game can be the keyboard warriors they always knew they could. Smh
Gonna be the worst case of bandwagoning on here. Peppers plays well "I liked that pick". Peppers has the obvious rookie, new position growing pains "Fuck Michigan! We could have had Hooker! I'm definitely not being biased!"
Gonna be a long week of OSU fans circle jerking around here. I guess that's par for the course though. I mean, Hooker got a desperation pick at the end. That basically seals it 3 games into their careers.
Here's the funny part Woody.....you made the post above before ANYONE even said a word......anyone......as if you're begging for someone to pick on your boy and, basically, chiding people for being OSU homers, BEFORE anyone said a word......(of course, I know you got bent outta shape cause the announcers were ripping your boy).....
This is where I get called a Homer and biased for using facts to show how those that are actual homers and biased are incorrect
Then....you post this, saying folks "will be" calling you a homer(again, before it;s even happened)......when YOU are clearly the only one talking about Peppers poor play and what folks are "gonna do"....
Woah, hold on. Are you sure? You positive you don't want to declare Peppers a busy already? Blame him for losing the game and say he should have e returned every punt for a TD?
I think you're doing it wrong.
And then here....again....you are chiding people on, cause they are not being the homers you(are) and wish they were...
Please!!! Get over the whole college kid thing and grow the hell up....NO ONE CARES WHERE HE PLAYED......he's a BROWN now.....we just want the dude to play well.....and, when he doesnt, it's not because of where he played, it's because he didnt play well...
Holy crap....bad enough to hear all your homer whiny college kiddy bitch stuff....even worse when youre bitchin about it before it even happens.....
Here's the funny part Woody.....you made the post above before ANYONE even said a word......anyone......as if you're begging for someone to pick on your boy and, basically, chiding people for being OSU homers, BEFORE anyone said a word......(of course, I know you got bent outta shape cause the announcers were ripping your boy).....
Then....you post this, saying folks "will be" calling you a homer(again, before it;s even happened)......when YOU are clearly the only one talking about Peppers poor play and what folks are "gonna do"....
And then here....again....you are chiding people on, cause they are not being the homers you(are) and wish they were...
Please!!! Get over the whole college kid thing and grow the hell up....NO ONE CARES WHERE HE PLAYED......he's a BROWN now.....we just want the dude to play well.....and, when he doesnt, it's not because of where he played, it's because he didnt play well...
Holy crap....bad enough to hear all your homer whiny college kiddy bitch stuff....even worse when youre bitchin about it before it even happens.....
Ummm.... you might want to read through this thread again. Peppers was called a faggot on the very first page of this thread. He was called out specifically for his college TWICE before I made that post. So you want to use caps and tell me to get over something when you can't even get your own facts straight. Hell, someone even said ":We could have had Hooker" before I made that post.
So do you want to re read this thread and try again champ?
I'll believe it that "no one cares where he played" when I see it. When there is a thread, before I post, that doesn't rail on him for being a faggot, or from Michigan, or keep bringing up Hooker.
So again, I invite you to actually READ through this thread, test your assumption that I made that post before anything was brought up, and then get back to me. Go ahead.
And when you realize you're wrong, I look forward to how you'll spin your response to still try to get at me for something else.
-
I was only marginally trolling because Buckeye fans and Wolverine fans are both obnoxious homers.
You want real trolling, when he was drafted, the comments section on Cleveland.com was brutal.
My main point was (aside from the browns never drafting buckeyes) At safety I think most teams would take Hooker over Peppers. If Hooker wasn't injured, I'm sure he would've gone even higher in the draft. That's not a knock on Peppers, I just think Hooker is simply a better safety. I posted their stats to show why people wanted Hooker, and there's a reason scouts were comparing him to Ed Reed. It;s not simply because he's a Buckeye.
Trust me, we all hope Peppers winds up great. Seriously. they need it
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

