***Official Browns @ Colts Game Day Thread***
-
Glad Shelton's playing well. Now, when do we get Garrett back?
-
A lot of those punts were moon shots that had no reasonable chance of a return. I counted ONE that Peppers could have not fair caught.
Well, after returning 3 punts against the Stoolers (with a respectable 11yard avg) he returned zero against the Rats and zero against the Dolts.
Whats the over/under against the Bungholes?
Well, after returning 3 punts against the Stoolers (with a respectable 11yard avg) he returned zero against the Rats and zero against the Dolts.
Whats the over/under against the Bungholes?
I imagine that depends on how they punt
-
Tell that to the OSU troll that keeps bringing it up...
You are the one that was doing the trolling from what I can read. His posts were only in response to like 3 "poor, poor, pitiful me" posts about Peppers.
And, you know, we still hold YOU personally responsible for his play, you know.

You are the one that was doing the trolling from what I can read. His posts were only in response to like 3 "poor, poor, pitiful me" posts about Peppers.
And, you know, we still hold YOU personally responsible for his play, you know.

Just don't make me personally responsible for your reading comprehension lessons
-
You missed some very blatant college based comments around Peppers in a thread where you called me out for there not being any. I think it's safe to say you're glossing over more. Purposely or not.
No one has joined to just hype Peppers. It's no where near Johnny levels. Everything I've said about Peppers has been accurate. I've said repeatedly in this thread he had a bad game. I'm just calling out those saying he's more or less the worst player ever, which is being greatly influenced by his college, whether others on here realize that or not. It's pretty obvious, but if you're used to being around that bias, you might not notice it.
FWIW-I don't like how they are using Peppers in this new deep centerfield position. Not his fault they are not playing to his hybrid talent. Maybe once Collins and Garrett are playing to full potential it will work better with faster pressure on the QB, but right now it isn't working.
FWIW-I don't like how they are using Peppers in this new deep centerfield position. Not his fault they are not playing to his hybrid talent. Maybe once Collins and Garrett are playing to full potential it will work better with faster pressure on the QB, but right now it isn't working.
I don't think that's his best position either, but as Williams said, he's the best at it on our current roster.
-
im not really sure where the hate is coming from on peppers he's made a couple rookie mistakes but has otherwise been okay. its because he played for michigan right?
-
You are the one that was doing the trolling from what I can read. His posts were only in response to like 3 "poor, poor, pitiful me" posts about Peppers.
And, you know, we still hold YOU personally responsible for his play, you know.

Just don't make me personally responsible for your reading comprehension lessons
Just don't make me personally responsible for your reading comprehension lessons
With your Michigan education, I would not expect you to be responsible for your own reading comprehension (nor would I expect you to know or understand why people would be kicking you when you have a "Kick me" sign on your back). In fact, I would not expect you to be able to comprehend much. (though, perhaps I will grant you this: you probably know math better than most....but then...when have you ever seen a mathematician with a sense of humor)?
-
FWIW-I don't like how they are using Peppers in this new deep centerfield position. Not his fault they are not playing to his hybrid talent. Maybe once Collins and Garrett are playing to full potential it will work better with faster pressure on the QB, but right now it isn't working.
I don't think that's his best position either, but as Williams said, he's the best at it on our current roster.
I don't think that's his best position either, but as Williams said, he's the best at it on our current roster.
Ahh....so....where in hell is he supposed to play? Left out?
Lets be real. He is not a cornerback, not with his minimal coverage skills. Should he be a Strong Safety rather than a Free Safety? While on rare occasion he can line up for LB...he is NOT built for that. I mean. Where is he best at? Irish Rover?
-
im not really sure where the hate is coming from on peppers he's made a couple rookie mistakes but has otherwise been okay. its because he played for michigan right?
im not really sure where the hate is coming from on peppers he's made a couple rookie mistakes but has otherwise been okay. its because he played for michigan right?
No, it’s because he was born on the 3rd full moon following Passover.
Everybody knows he’s cursed.
-
im not really sure where the hate is coming from on peppers he's made a couple rookie mistakes but has otherwise been okay. its because he played for michigan right?
im not really sure where the hate is coming from on peppers he's made a couple rookie mistakes but has otherwise been okay. its because he played for michigan right?
You are just falsely perceiving it as "hate because he played for Michigan". That's horseshit. Look at the shit this board has piled on to Kizer....was that because he went to Notre Dame?
Look at the shit this board has given to Garrett, is this because he went to Texas A&M? Look at the shit that we give to every other Browns player that is perceived to fuck up. They are given shit because they fuck up...not because they went to Bohunk College or Bottom of the Grand Canyon University...or Michigan or Ohio State. You know why we never give shit to Ohio State players? Because we don't have any. But when we did we gave them shit too. What was the nickname for Robiskie....which is like the last OSU player on this team? Can't remember it has been so long...but it wasn't flattering.
-
im not really sure where the hate is coming from on peppers he's made a couple rookie mistakes but has otherwise been okay. its because he played for michigan right?
You are just falsely perceiving it as "hate because he played for Michigan". That's horseshit. Look at the shit this board has piled on to Kizer....was that because he went to Notre Dame?
Look at the shit this board has given to Garrett, is this because he went to Texas A&M? Look at the shit that we give to every other Browns player that is perceived to fuck up. They are given shit because they fuck up...not because they went to Bohunk College or Bottom of the Grand Canyon University...or Michigan or Ohio State. You know why we never give shit to Ohio State players? Because we don't have any. But when we did we gave them shit too. What was the nickname for Robiskie....which is like the last OSU player on this team? Can't remember it has been so long...but it wasn't flattering.
You are just falsely perceiving it as "hate because he played for Michigan". That's horseshit. Look at the shit this board has piled on to Kizer....was that because he went to Notre Dame?
Look at the shit this board has given to Garrett, is this because he went to Texas A&M? Look at the shit that we give to every other Browns player that is perceived to fuck up. They are given shit because they fuck up...not because they went to Bohunk College or Bottom of the Grand Canyon University...or Michigan or Ohio State. You know why we never give shit to Ohio State players? Because we don't have any. But when we did we gave them shit too. What was the nickname for Robiskie....which is like the last OSU player on this team? Can't remember it has been so long...but it wasn't flattering.
Slowbiskie.
Great as a Buckeye...but sucked as a Cleveland Brown.
-
im not really sure where the hate is coming from on peppers he's made a couple rookie mistakes but has otherwise been okay. its because he played for michigan right?
You are just falsely perceiving it as "hate because he played for Michigan". That's horseshit. Look at the shit this board has piled on to Kizer....was that because he went to Notre Dame?
Look at the shit this board has given to Garrett, is this because he went to Texas A&M? Look at the shit that we give to every other Browns player that is perceived to fuck up. They are given shit because they fuck up...not because they went to Bohunk College or Bottom of the Grand Canyon University...or Michigan or Ohio State. You know why we never give shit to Ohio State players? Because we don't have any. But when we did we gave them shit too. What was the nickname for Robiskie....which is like the last OSU player on this team? Can't remember it has been so long...but it wasn't flattering.
You know why we never give shit to Ohio State players? Because we don't have any. But when we did we gave them shit too. What was the nickname for Robiskie....which is like the last OSU player on this team? Can't remember it has been so long...but it wasn't flattering.
We just cut a couple OSU players and I didnt hear a peep....both Hartline and Whitner were OSU stars that were just here recently.....
We also signed and cut an OSU DB this past year....cant remember his name though.....
-
The bigger problem is that last year Crow was averaging nearly 5 YPC and this year he's averaging 2.9. He's not a game-changing RB, he has questionable vision and he's having a hard time finding the holes. Sometimes he goes off, but as of right now he is a below average back.
I've beat the vision drum for a year+ at this point, but have to remind folks that his gaudy 2016 average was pumped up by more than a few long runs in draw situations when we were behind in games and behind the sticks.
My issue so far isn't Peppers alignment but two glarring plays he did exactly what stat treads said - missed tackles. Bad.
Tackling was a questions to be sure, but I did not think bad angles were part of the mix... and Sunday they were. Maybe the difference is they space in which he is now playing, but on that point...
Am I crazy or did Gregg abandon how he asked our 2ndary to play this week? Where was the press coverage of the WRs? Seemed like 5 to 10 yd cushions were the order of the day... all day.
Tackling was a questions to be sure, but I did not think bad angles were part of the mix... and Sunday they were. Maybe the difference is they space in which he is now playing, but on that point...
Good tackling and proper angles go hand in hand.
JT Barrett isn't a shifty man and he hit Peppers with a move 2 years ago that made him look silly. Needless to say I watched closely during a lot of other UM games following said time. Pursuit angles aren't as much of an issue when you're as close to the line with a singular assignment like Jabrill was for the better part of two years.
Now, does he have the athletic ability and drive to clean this up? Sure. Does he have the in game kinetic awareness, depth perception and field vision? Remains to be seen. However the explosive punt returning has been MIA since the draft.
-
Bottom line....they let T.Y. Hilton run wild in the first half. Let's see Jamar Taylor and Peppers scores....because they were scorched.
I have asked a few times what adjustments the Browns made in the second half to have they do so much better........One of them may have been to take Taylor off and put McCourty on Hilton.
I don't really know...just speculating...but it is plausible.
Bottom line....they let T.Y. Hilton run wild in the first half. Let's see Jamar Taylor and Peppers scores....because they were scorched.
I have asked a few times what adjustments the Browns made in the second half to have they do so much better........One of them may have been to take Taylor off and put McCourty on Hilton.
I don't really know...just speculating...but it is plausible.
From my viewpoint, the coverage was a lot tighter on Hilton in the second half. They should have done it a lot earlier....
-
You know why we never give shit to Ohio State players? Because we don't have any. But when we did we gave them shit too. What was the nickname for Robiskie....which is like the last OSU player on this team? Can't remember it has been so long...but it wasn't flattering.
We just cut a couple OSU players and I didnt hear a peep....both Hartline and Whitner were OSU stars that were just here recently.....
We also signed and cut an OSU DB this past year....cant remember his name though.....
-
Bottom line....they let T.Y. Hilton run wild in the first half. Let's see Jamar Taylor and Peppers scores....because they were scorched.
I have asked a few times what adjustments the Browns made in the second half to have they do so much better........One of them may have been to take Taylor off and put McCourty on Hilton.
I don't really know...just speculating...but it is plausible.
From my viewpoint, the coverage was a lot tighter on Hilton in the second half. They should have done it a lot earlier....
From my viewpoint, the coverage was a lot tighter on Hilton in the second half. They should have done it a lot earlier....
Is that all there was to it? Just play tighter on him? Were they giving him like 5-7 yards of space off the line of scrimmage?
To quote Sherlock Holmes: Can it be just that absurdly simple?
-
Tackling was a questions to be sure, but I did not think bad angles were part of the mix... and Sunday they were. Maybe the difference is they space in which he is now playing, but on that point...
Good tackling and proper angles go hand in hand.
JT Barrett isn't a shifty man and he hit Peppers with a move 2 years ago that made him look silly. Needless to say I watched closely during a lot of other UM games following said time. Pursuit angles aren't as much of an issue when you're as close to the line with a singular assignment like Jabrill was for the better part of two years.
Now, does he have the athletic ability and drive to clean this up? Sure. Does he have the in game kinetic awareness, depth perception and field vision? Remains to be seen. However the explosive punt returning has been MIA since the draft.
... angles aren't as much of an issue when you're as close to the line with a singular assignment like Jabrill was for the better part of two years.
Exactly what I was getting at with my "space" comment.
On Peppers' tackling... I remember his highlight package including a number of considerably less than "form tackles". In fact I am hard pressed to remember a form tackle let alone a "big hit". I can remember a couple times when he bypassed opportunities to thump.
While the former can be dismissed by the fact he got them on the ground, it might have been a harbinger of the "space problem" we saw Sunday. The latter? Does Peppers have a taste for contact?
Woody? My bad memory? I know it's not my Big Blue bias...
-
im not really sure where the hate is coming from on peppers he's made a couple rookie mistakes but has otherwise been okay. its because he played for michigan right?
im not really sure where the hate is coming from on peppers he's made a couple rookie mistakes but has otherwise been okay. its because he played for michigan right?
Pretty much. Yeah
-
im not really sure where the hate is coming from on peppers he's made a couple rookie mistakes but has otherwise been okay. its because he played for michigan right?
Pretty much. Yeah
Pretty much. Yeah
No.....we already corrected that record.
-
I preached against Manziel to anyone that would listen predraft and when those issues carried over into the pro's I made sure to highlight that. Must have been because I hate A&M, huh?
Unlike Johnny I'm more willing to give Jabrill the benefit of the doubt. Because he has the physical gifts, the work ethic and he's not an insufferable party douche.
I'm pulling for him because, god damn do we need it. I'm also on record as saying - it's not a pick I would have made.
-
I preached against Manziel to anyone that would listen predraft and when those issues carried over into the pro's I made sure to highlight that. Must have been because I hate A&M, huh?
Unlike Johnny I'm more willing to give Jabrill the benefit of the doubt. Because he has the physical gifts, the work ethic and he's not an insufferable party douche.
I'm pulling for him because, god damn do we need it. I'm also on record as saying - it's not a pick I would have made.
I preached against Manziel to anyone that would listen predraft and when those issues carried over into the pro's I made sure to highlight that. Must have been because I hate A&M, huh?
Unlike Johnny I'm more willing to give Jabrill the benefit of the doubt. Because he has the physical gifts, the work ethic and he's not an insufferable party douche.
I'm pulling for him because, god damn do we need it. I'm also on record as saying - it's not a pick I would have made.
Well, one point about Peppers is that, even though he is only 3 games into his career....you have to ask if he is being used properly....or is Williams still experimenting with his skill set.
As I said earlier, one of the main things that was hoping for at least here in his rookie season was for him to really give us something in the return game. So far, nada. Not all his fault because almost every kickoff these days is a touchback, and they have been punting the ball out of bounds on him. But he really had a chance in that last minute of the Colts game....and he cacked up a furball....and he knew it.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login