8 Drops in one game
-
That number is on the receivers. They're Boweing. Or whatever expression you want to use which is the opposite of doing something useful.
-
Is this on our receivers? Are they literally the least competent in all the NFL?? Is this the case or does Kizer not throw a "catchable ball"? I will say he seems to throw the short passes like they are meant to penetrate concrete. What say you experts?
Is this on our receivers? Are they literally the least competent in all the NFL?? Is this the case or does Kizer not throw a "catchable ball"? I will say he seems to throw the short passes like they are meant to penetrate concrete. What say you experts?
It's on the receivers AND the QB......terrible passes and terrible catch attempts.....and true team effort there
-
YAWN......................We could have Julio Jones, Wenz, and other play makers, Instead we have Kizer the dildo, cripple hands Coleman, RIcky Ricardo and guys who are even worse. LMAO.
-
Is this on our receivers? Are they literally the least competent in all the NFL?? Is this the case or does Kizer not throw a "catchable ball"? I will say he seems to throw the short passes like they are meant to penetrate concrete. What say you experts?
It's on the receivers AND the QB......terrible passes and terrible catch attempts.....and true team effort there
It's on the receivers AND the QB......terrible passes and terrible catch attempts.....and true team effort there
Well...now look at your statement. If the receivers drop passed right in their hands...not sure that is on the QB. Now....Kizer had his fair share of bad throws....but those were passes that the receivers could never have been in position to drop, so I don't think they would be counted as drops. Maybe 1 or two throws were ones that were like behind the receivers, but they got hands on them....that would have been miracles if they were caught. But I would say of the 8....at least 7 of them were just flubs by the butterfingers.
-
Yeah some of those passes were obviously on kizer. But the majority of the drops were literally catches high school kids are making every friday night. They werent even like easy passes with some diesel lb'er ir free safety homing in....they were non duress drops. Even some of the not so ideal balls, get caught on other teams. I just dont understand.
-
I see receivers not knowing how to catch. They rarely come back to the ball and even more rarely extend their arms outwards to snatch it before defenders can get a hand on it. And they just plain drop it. For a team that drafted 4 in one draft, we've obviously chosen poorly or we are obviously coaching poorly or both.
-
I see receivers not knowing how to catch. They rarely come back to the ball and even more rarely extend their arms outwards to snatch it before defenders can get a hand on it. And they just plain drop it. For a team that drafted 4 in one draft, we've obviously chosen poorly or we are obviously coaching poorly or both.
I see receivers not knowing how to catch. They rarely come back to the ball and even more rarely extend their arms outwards to snatch it before defenders can get a hand on it. And they just plain drop it. For a team that drafted 4 in one draft, we've obviously chosen poorly or we are obviously coaching poorly or both.
I say....both
-
Is this on our receivers? Are they literally the least competent in all the NFL?? Is this the case or does Kizer not throw a "catchable ball"? I will say he seems to throw the short passes like they are meant to penetrate concrete. What say you experts?
It's on the receivers AND the QB......terrible passes and terrible catch attempts.....and true team effort there
It's on the receivers AND the QB......terrible passes and terrible catch attempts.....and true team effort there
Bad WRs and rookie QB play. I am concerned for next year if we can't properly evaluate Kizer because of poor WR play this year. It may make the front office consider passing on a good QB option at the top of the draft.
-
Mostly on the WRs. Louis dropped a pass that my 6 year old nephew would have made. Yes Kizer is missing on a few throws but his a rookie QB thats expected, but when you have shitheads like "Butterfinger Britt" dropping balls left and right, that does Kizer no favors. Also why the fuck are we throwing the ball 50 times a game, like WTF!
-
This is the reason why we need JG back.. Because the other knobs we have just won't cut it.. (I am however, intrigued by Leslie... Dude made a tremendous catch..)
-
Saquon Barkley is who we need to get this run game out the shitter
-
Is this on our receivers? Are they literally the least competent in all the NFL?? Is this the case or does Kizer not throw a "catchable ball"? I will say he seems to throw the short passes like they are meant to penetrate concrete. What say you experts?
It's on the receivers AND the QB......terrible passes and terrible catch attempts.....and true team effort there
It's on the receivers AND the QB......terrible passes and terrible catch attempts.....and true team effort there
Trust me, I'm not disagreeing with you. But I can't imagine how demoralizing it is as a rookie QB to put the ball in the basket that many times to see your dudes not catching the ball. That type of shit can easily get to the head of a seasoned pro, yet alone a 21 year old rookie.
-
Simply put....Kizer is not throwing ideal - easy to catch - passes....the ball is consistently flying over their heads, in the dirt and behind them.....
Simply put....Kizer is not throwing ideal - easy to catch - passes....the ball is consistently flying over their heads, in the dirt and behind them.....
This...
Have there been drops? Hell, yes... I'd be willing to bet that every WR that has stepped foot on the field has at least one "throw-is-right-between-my-numbers-so-I'll-look-away-for-contact-just-before-the-ball-hits-my-hands" drop... and Britt may have had one per game. But...
Kizer's go-to throw is the one that is as hard and flat as possible... and he has a serious gun. Not only does that make his passes less catchable simply form a velocity standpoint, but it also makes them less accurate... or at least I think it does. And the faster an inaccurate ball is coming at a WR the less time that WR has to adjust to the ball. Something that is as true for a 40-yd bomb as it is a 7-yd comeback. It's that combination of speed and inaccuracy that makes catching him such a challenge for a WR.
But there may be hope... among a couple things I think I saw on an upswing at Indy... something I'll look to verify this week... may be the emergence of some touch. I actually found myself on a late swingpass to the far sideline saying "throw it quicker". Kizer definitiely took something off that throw and it was "right between the numbers"... and caught.
One last thought... while we are counting drops, let's also count diving, jumping, twisting catches... ones you can argue should be made by a pro WR, but ones nevertheless that bail out a QB's less than perfect work...
-
Saquon Barkley is who we need to get this run game out the shitter
Saquon Barkley is who we need to get this run game out the shitter
He is an amazing talent. No doubt.
But I can't see using the Browns top pick - which most of us would agree will be another top 5 pick - on ANY RB. And for a team that is so analytic-driven, I have a hard time believing they would either.
-
Saquon Barkley is who we need to get this run game out the shitter
He is an amazing talent. No doubt.
But I can't see using the Browns top pick - which most of us would agree will be another top 5 pick - on ANY RB. And for a team that is so analytic-driven, I have a hard time believing they would either.
He is an amazing talent. No doubt.
But I can't see using the Browns top pick - which most of us would agree will be another top 5 pick - on ANY RB. And for a team that is so analytic-driven, I have a hard time believing they would either.
Our run game is in the shitter.
Now I know many of you remember Trent Richardson so I can see the concern..
This Barkley cat will probably go top 10, maybe even top 5.
But when is the last time we had a game changer at RB? Jamal Lewis? Jerome Harrison?
Im talking a game changer... It's been about 25+ years..
Having a solid run game will take pressure off of Kizer, set up play action, and give him another weapon to go to.
It's not everyday, 230 lb running backs, with 4.3 speed, come out of college.. This kid is special. -
Saquon Barkley is who we need to get this run game out the shitter
He is an amazing talent. No doubt.
But I can't see using the Browns top pick - which most of us would agree will be another top 5 pick - on ANY RB. And for a team that is so analytic-driven, I have a hard time believing they would either.
He is an amazing talent. No doubt.
But I can't see using the Browns top pick - which most of us would agree will be another top 5 pick - on ANY RB. And for a team that is so analytic-driven, I have a hard time believing they would either.
If it is analytic driven...then I CAN very well believe that they would draft Barkley. If the analytics definitely point to him being a top asset, you better ass believe that our FO would consider him.
I just would hope that he would not become like so many other top Penn St. RBs. For a while there several were being picked high in the draft: Curtis Enis, Blair Thomas, Kijana Carter. All complete busts. But if he turned out to be like Lydell Mitchell or Franco Harris (without the cowardly running out of bounds constantly for which Jim Brown criticized him). That would be OK.
Would not many look at him like another Ezekiel Elliott?
There was one guy...Booger McFarland who said the Barkley is the best RB prospect to come along since Barry Sanders.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login